Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Currently watching Syndrome. A bit difficult to specify the genre, but I feel it's more of a medical thriller, or at least along the lines of the Japanese drama Midnight Rain except there's no police involved.

And just started on Immortal Classic--a cooking themed series. The 2 leads, Park Sun Young and Han Jae Suk, are doctors (one focused in oriental/eastern medicine, the other a neurosurgeon). Both come from families well-known for their food/chefs.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Hmm...watched this week's episodes of Equator Man. It seems Uhm Tae Woong likes to star in these types of human dramas. Like most revenge dramas, it all begins with greed and obtaining one's wants through the loss and misfortune of others. It's the how-much-of-your-soul-are-you-willing-to-sell-to-the-devil in order to get what you want kind of thing. The bad deeds never go undiscovered. Uhm Tae Woong's Kim Sun Woo spends most of his teen in a coma ( because his so-called friend put him there by attempting to murder him to cover up another murder), I wonder how he becomes a CEO later. And I guess UTW's acting gets tested again with how he portrays blindness for some episodes. I wonder how he will regain sight.

I tried Fashion King, but wasn't interested in watching another fashion themed drama. I'm also watching Feast of the Gods featuring Sung Yuri, Lee Sang Woo, that girl in Deep Rooted Tree and others. I'm supporting Sung Yuri and Lee Sang Woo coupling. They can cook together and make yummy food.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-31-12 at 01:18 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm also watching Feast of the Gods featuring Sung Yuri, Lee Sang Woo, that girl in Deep Rooted Tree and others. I'm supporting Sung Yuri and Lee Sang Woo coupling. They can cook together and make yummy food.
    Lee Sang Woo looks good with the mask, reminiscence of Louis Koo with mask in ROCH 95. I don't mind either coupling but must say that Doon Yoon is the more interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Lee Sang Woo looks good with the mask, reminiscence of Louis Koo with mask in ROCH 95. I don't mind either coupling but must say that Doon Yoon is the more interesting character.
    You mean this: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/sl5z55.jpg')

There's 14 more episodes and I hope Joon Young will start forming feelings for Do Yoon too. Who says she has to stay with the guy she once had a childhood puppy love with as kids (and when she was barely in kindergarten). Joo Sang Wook is good looking, but his character is really flat. I believe Lee Sang Woo is the main male lead, the female lead just hasn't seen acknowledge the good and attractive side of him. I loved episode 18, though I want to "kill" the fake In Joo in 1,000 ways.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Currently watching Love Rain & The King 2 Hearts.

Dunno why, but I'm avoiding The Rooftop Prince like plaque. Not sure it's the male lead or because the genre is abt time travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Currently watching Love Rain & The King 2 Hearts.

Dunno why, but I'm avoiding The Rooftop Prince like plaque. Not sure it's the male lead or because the genre is abt time travelling.
    I'm avoiding The King 2 Hearts because Lee Seung Gi is playing another initial bratty jerk. I can't stand that kind of character. In Rooftop Prince, it's extremely funny and I would like to see how they handle the time traveling and assuming other's identities work. The story is just unfolding, I guess it would benefit you to wait out to see the drama as a whole than wait each week for new episodes. That's what I'm agonizing over Micky YooChun is actually pretty good in his role, much better than in Miss Ripley. They do a lot of comedic scenes with such a straight face like they're really from the Joseon era, one cannot help but laugh at their time/culture clash. I'd say give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm avoiding The King 2 Hearts because Lee Seung Gi is playing another initial bratty jerk. I can't stand that kind of character. In Rooftop Prince, it's extremely funny and I would like to see how they handle the time traveling and assuming other's identities work. The story is just unfolding, I guess it would benefit you to wait out to see the drama as a whole than wait each week for new episodes. That's what I'm agonizing over Micky YooChun is actually pretty good in his role, much better than in Miss Ripley. They do a lot of comedic scenes with such a straight face like they're really from the Joseon era, one cannot help but laugh at their time/culture clash. I'd say give it a chance.
    Yes, Lee Seung Gi is a bratty jerk in the series, but it's different from his two other series (Gumiho & Brilliant Legacy). I actually disliked his role in the other two series. His character Prince Jae Ha might be immature from time to time, but he has a hidden darker, smexy side. His performance in episode 4 totally blew me away... and continued to present his acting chops. I'm really impressed as I initially watched it for Ha Ji Won, and man they have crazy chemistry despite 8 years age difference.

Give the series a chance and watch till episode 4, at least

At first I wanted to give Rooftop Prince a chance, but after reading recap from dramabeans I found out it has the type of classic formula I hate - evil stepsister, silent suffering heroine (being bullied by stepsister), greedy cousin/brother that family failed to realize, fighting over chaebol inheritance.
    Last edited by sehseh; 04-07-12 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Yes, Lee Seung Gi is a bratty jerk in the series, but it's different from his two other series (Gumiho & Brilliant Legacy). I actually disliked his role in the other two series. His character Prince Jae Ha might be immature from time to time, but he has a hidden darker, smexy side. His performance in episode 4 totally blew me away... and continued to present his acting chops. I'm really impressed as I initially watched it for Ha Ji Won, and man they have crazy chemistry despite 8 years age difference.

Give the series a chance and watch till episode 4, at least

At first I wanted to give Rooftop Prince a chance, but after reading recap from dramabeans I found out it has the type of classic formula I hate - evil stepsister, silent suffering heroine (being bullied by stepsister), greedy cousin/brother that family failed to realize, fighting over chaebol inheritance.
    Oh, no. Trust me, after watching episode 6, I realize the main heroine is no silent suffering heroine being bullied by stepsister at all. She found out how the stepsister abandoned her and caused her to lose so much precious time with her own dad, and totally changed her attitude about being respectful and tolerant of the stepsister. I think everything is changing now. It may look like they're using the classic formula, but I think they're also adding some different into the mix too. I wouldn't write them off. I certainly didn't expect the heroine to be so bold and confront the stepsister after that revelation, but she did and man, the slap and telling her stepsister off was SOOOO satisfying.

Today, S. Korea has their election day so there will be no broadcasts of the regularly programmed dramas and shows tonight. Therefore, a lot the dramas usually scheduled Weds-Thurs will show the episode back to back on Thursday night for this week.

I'm watching Rooftop Prince right now mainly for its comedy and the ancient F4 bonding haha.

I've heard a lot of good things about TK2H, but I'll hold off on that until it gets close to finishing so I won't have to be anxious every week.

Feast of the Gods wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It's got a good looking cast but too bad the story took the wrong direction and got draggy and nonsensical. Since I feel bad for Joo Sang Wook's character in FOTG, I decide to watch an older drama of his called Kimcheed Radish Cubes, and so far it's captivating and JSW's character is likeable.

Queen In Hyun's Man & Bridal Mask to fill in my K2H void.

Just checking. Is there any series which talk about the founding of Baekje?

-Bridal Mask - Is pretty good so far. I like the OST and never watched a K-Drama where the Japanese had occupation over Koreans, only Japanese over Chinese.
    - I do! I do! - Just because Kim Sun Ah is a great actress and I like her, she makes her main heroines kickass, minus City Hall.

Still have yet to try Dr. Jin, which is a remake of the J-Drama JIN and an adaptation of a Japanese manga or book (forgot which).

Ghost - I've yet to really watch, though I've watched a half hour of it....have to go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Feast of the Gods wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It's got a good looking cast but too bad the story took the wrong direction and got draggy and nonsensical. Since I feel bad for Joo Sang Wook's character in FOTG, I decide to watch an older drama of his called Kimcheed Radish Cubes, and so far it's captivating and JSW's character is likeable.
    I couldn't careless of Joo Sang Wook's character, pretty 2-dimensional. I got freaking annoyed by Sung Yu Ri's character and all the female characters. The only character I cared for was Lee Sang Woo's character, hope he gets more main roles. The story did get nonsensical for sure. I don't even want to watch Immortal Classic, I watched like 14 minutes worth of it and they just overkill and overglorify food and if I have to spend another minute of the master chef describing and explaining each dish to each dining table, I think I will die of boredom. I think they just over-glorify Korean food...instead of letting the food and the people who eat it speak for it. Totally not going to watch more of that drama.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Just checking. Is there any series which talk about the founding of Baekje?
    Both King Geunchogo and Gye-Baek are Baekje-centric. I think King Gwanggaeto and Seo Dong Yo feature Baekje-related characters and history. As for the founding... Baekje was founded by Onjo, who was the son of Soseono, so perhaps check out the later bits of Jumong.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca View Post
    Currently watching Syndrome. A bit difficult to specify the genre, but I feel it's more of a medical thriller, or at least along the lines of the Japanese drama Midnight Rain except there's no police involved.

And just started on Immortal Classic--a cooking themed series. The 2 leads, Park Sun Young and Han Jae Suk, are doctors (one focused in oriental/eastern medicine, the other a neurosurgeon). Both come from families well-known for their food/chefs.
    I tried watching Immortal Classic, but 14 minutes in I thought I died of boredom watching the older master chef explain every benefit of the each dish to each table. Then the talk about kimchi having healing powers. It was just too much for me...overglorifying food. I couldn't take it any longer so I stopped watching it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Both King Geunchogo and Gye-Baek are Baekje-centric. I think King Gwanggaeto and Seo Dong Yo feature Baekje-related characters and history. As for the founding... Baekje was founded by Onjo, who was the son of Soseono, so perhaps check out the later bits of Jumong.
    Thanks, junny. Yes, have watched Jumong. More interested in the beginning part of Baekje.

Immortal Classic was a let down. I tried to stick to w/ it to the end, but what a waste--I didn't even like the ending. I think they were trying to go for too many things and it just didn't work out. Have to remind myself to be wary of Channel A dramas.

I will be sticking w/ the daily dramas "Love, My Love" aka "Dear Love" and "I'll Give You the Stars and the Moon" for now.
    Last edited by creidesca; 06-05-12 at 11:06 PM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca View Post
    Immortal Classic was a let down. I tried to stick to w/ it to the end, but what a waste--I didn't even like the ending. I think they were trying to go for too many things and it just didn't work out. Have to remind myself to be wary of Channel A dramas.

I will be sticking w/ the daily dramas "Love, My Love" aka "Dear Love" and "I'll Give You the Stars and the Moon" for now.
    Best not to force yourself to watch something if it do not feel right with you. You'd save yourself from disappointment. You like watching daily dramas? I am not sure if I can handle such long dramas. The plots can't be running like dragging for me.

Feast of the Gods was a let down too, but I didn't finish watching the last 10 episodes of it. Waste of my 22 hours though.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-09-12 at 07:11 AM.