Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: KEVIN CHENG 郑嘉颖

Kevin Cheng Recives Support From Artists in Legal Battle

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/lorlorlms/KC.jpg')

Kevin Cheng Ka Wing's legal battle with former music manager, Dai Si Chung has caused a stir in the entertainment industry. Allegedly, 13 years ago, Kevin had signed a life-long contract which would authorize Dai to take a 10% cut on all of Kevin's life-time income.
    Yesterday, Kevin just came back from a concert in Atlantic City, USA with Moses Chan Ho and Sharon Chan Man Chi. Due to the nature of the trip, it took 5 days for the round trip before Kevin was able to return back to Hong Kong. Both Moses and Sharon supported Kevin in this matter.

When asked why Kevin did not try to resolve this matter out of court, Kevin said that he received Dai's letter from his lawyer first. Kevin could only respond by hiring his own lawyer.

Has Kevin and Dai discussed this matter afterwards? Why did Kevin sign such a contract in the past? Kevin refused to comment on both questions.

In the past, Dai Si Chung also had numerous problems with former student Daniel Chan Hiu Dong. In 1997, Daniel started to become really popular and Dai accepted many jobs for Daniel. Due to too much work, Daniel suffered from stomach inflammation. Daniel had a dispute and Daniel wanted to end his contract. He finally had to pay $3.5 million (HKD) to Dai in order to officially end their contract. As a result, Daniel has been considered a "traitor" by Dai.

Leon Lai Ming was also once a protege of Dai Si Chung. Allegedly, Dai had hinted several times that he wanted Leon to buy him an apartment home. In 1998, Leon finally bought a diamond studded watch for Dai.

In 1986, Dai's daughter, Wan Wai had dated Ng Kwok King when she was 16 years old. Ng was one of Dai's students at the time. Allegedly Dai wanted his daughter to marry into a wealthy family and didn't like Ng. For unknown reasons, Ng was beat up severely during the timeframe that he had dated Wan Wai.

Ng Kwok King was contacted regarding Kevin's case. "I know that both Kevin and Dai Si Chung have been upset over this contract. I hope they can resolve this matter peacefully. I know that my teacher, Dai, places a heavy emphasis on money matters. That is why I do not discuss money matters with him."

As for Kevin, allegedly Kevin had signed 3 separate contracts with Dai. The contract currently in dispute was signed in 1993 and one of the terms stipulated that Dai would be entitled to 10% of Kevin's life-time income. Also, the Dai's claim that Kevin had requested one of Dai's daughters to help him tear up the unexpired contract.

Kevin's situation has aroused sympathy from those in the entertainment industry. Mrs. Heung Wah Keung of China Star Group defended Kevin's case, despite the fact that they do not know each other well. Mrs. Heung said, "I remember in the past Daniel Chan also had a lot of trouble with his contract with Dai. Now it is Kevin's turn. Dai doesn't need the money; why is he being so tough on the young artists? This will only affect Dai's image negatively. I hope he will give [Kevin] a chance."

TVB executive, Lok Yi Ling also spoke up for Kevin. "When we first signed Kevin, he had a deep sense of distrust because of his past experiences. But I told him that TVB is a big corporation but has a big family feel. I couldn't promise that he would definitely become popular, but assured him that he will be happy. The most important thing is being happy in life. This incident is a small turbulence and was bound to happen. The thing that Kevin can only do now is let his lawyer handle it."

Niki Chow Lai Kei also said that she will support Kevin. "The matter can be handled by his lawyer. Kevin needs to handle this matter carefully. Contracts should not be signed without careful scrutiny first. I hope Kevin will be fine."

Kevin admitted that while he was in the United States for his concert, he received a lot of text messages from his friends regarding this matter. Kevin thanked all the people that have supported him. "Right now, I just want to focus on work. This incident has not affected my work focus."

Credit to Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com/

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy_85
    Kevin Cheng Recives Support From Artists in Legal Battle

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/lorlorlms/KC.jpg')

Kevin Cheng Ka Wing's legal battle with former music manager, Dai Si Chung has caused a stir in the entertainment industry. Allegedly, 13 years ago, Kevin had signed a life-long contract which would authorize Dai to take a 10% cut on all of Kevin's life-time income.
    Yesterday, Kevin just came back from a concert in Atlantic City, USA with Moses Chan Ho and Sharon Chan Man Chi. Due to the nature of the trip, it took 5 days for the round trip before Kevin was able to return back to Hong Kong. Both Moses and Sharon supported Kevin in this matter.

When asked why Kevin did not try to resolve this matter out of court, Kevin said that he received Dai's letter from his lawyer first. Kevin could only respond by hiring his own lawyer.

Has Kevin and Dai discussed this matter afterwards? Why did Kevin sign such a contract in the past? Kevin refused to comment on both questions.

In the past, Dai Si Chung also had numerous problems with former student Daniel Chan Hiu Dong. In 1997, Daniel started to become really popular and Dai accepted many jobs for Daniel. Due to too much work, Daniel suffered from stomach inflammation. Daniel had a dispute and Daniel wanted to end his contract. He finally had to pay $3.5 million (HKD) to Dai in order to officially end their contract. As a result, Daniel has been considered a "traitor" by Dai.

Leon Lai Ming was also once a protege of Dai Si Chung. Allegedly, Dai had hinted several times that he wanted Leon to buy him an apartment home. In 1998, Leon finally bought a diamond studded watch for Dai.

In 1986, Dai's daughter, Wan Wai had dated Ng Kwok King when she was 16 years old. Ng was one of Dai's students at the time. Allegedly Dai wanted his daughter to marry into a wealthy family and didn't like Ng. For unknown reasons, Ng was beat up severely during the timeframe that he had dated Wan Wai.

Ng Kwok King was contacted regarding Kevin's case. "I know that both Kevin and Dai Si Chung have been upset over this contract. I hope they can resolve this matter peacefully. I know that my teacher, Dai, places a heavy emphasis on money matters. That is why I do not discuss money matters with him."

As for Kevin, allegedly Kevin had signed 3 separate contracts with Dai. The contract currently in dispute was signed in 1993 and one of the terms stipulated that Dai would be entitled to 10% of Kevin's life-time income. Also, the Dai's claim that Kevin had requested one of Dai's daughters to help him tear up the unexpired contract.

Kevin's situation has aroused sympathy from those in the entertainment industry. Mrs. Heung Wah Keung of China Star Group defended Kevin's case, despite the fact that they do not know each other well. Mrs. Heung said, "I remember in the past Daniel Chan also had a lot of trouble with his contract with Dai. Now it is Kevin's turn. Dai doesn't need the money; why is he being so tough on the young artists? This will only affect Dai's image negatively. I hope he will give [Kevin] a chance."

TVB executive, Lok Yi Ling also spoke up for Kevin. "When we first signed Kevin, he had a deep sense of distrust because of his past experiences. But I told him that TVB is a big corporation but has a big family feel. I couldn't promise that he would definitely become popular, but assured him that he will be happy. The most important thing is being happy in life. This incident is a small turbulence and was bound to happen. The thing that Kevin can only do now is let his lawyer handle it."

Niki Chow Lai Kei also said that she will support Kevin. "The matter can be handled by his lawyer. Kevin needs to handle this matter carefully. Contracts should not be signed without careful scrutiny first. I hope Kevin will be fine."

Kevin admitted that while he was in the United States for his concert, he received a lot of text messages from his friends regarding this matter. Kevin thanked all the people that have supported him. "Right now, I just want to focus on work. This incident has not affected my work focus."

Credit to Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com/
    It was in Atlantic City!? Damn! I didn't knew it passed too...

But I probably wouldn't have went to Atlantic City anyways...hopefully he could pass this big mess.

Kevin Cheng Said He Is Not Disturbed

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060330/img/se06033010_big.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.sina.com.hk/news/2006-03-30/1039241.JPG')

Kevin Cheng Ka Wing and Niki Chow Lai Kei appeared yesterday at a model contest. Kevin was invited to be one of the judges.

At the function, Kevin appeared to be in good spirits and joked with Niki. Kevin appears to have put his contract troubles aside for now and will be focusing on work.

Kevin said that he did not lose sleep over his legal battle with Dai Si Chung. Kevin said, "I will not be thinking too much for now. This matter will take time to resolve. I can't let it affect me in the long term. I will continue to focus on work."

Have you been in contact with Dai Si Chung? "I can't answer this question. The matter is now in the hands of my lawyer. I will use all the legally correct procedures to handle this. Anyway, I have not been disturbed by the situation and lost sleep over it."

"I am really grateful to TVB executives, Chan Chi Wan and Lok Yi Ling. Due to my situation, it has increased their troubles and workload too."

Can Kevin use money to resolve the situation? Kevin said, "I can't answer that! As for money, I am already spending money on legal fees. Anyway I only strive to make enough money so that I can buy a house for my mother."

Also Niki Chow revealed that earlier, she had recorded a song with Kevin. This duet will be featured in her upcoming music album. Reporters asked Niki if she is worried that Kevin's legal dispute will cause trouble for her? Niki said, "I don't think that would be a problem. But I do feel bad for Kevin. Which is why when I saw him, I joked around with him to cheer him up a little."

credit to Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...rticle&sid=201

wow... Kevin looks really relax and happy compare to the pictures earlier, when he was in the airport. I guess Niki has the ability to make him feel happy

Dai Si Chung to Drop Legal Allegations Against Kevin

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060331/img/se01033102_big.jpg')

As Kevin Cheng Ka Wing has been preparing to face the legal battle ahead of him with former music instructor, Dai Si Chung, yesterday there were rumors that a General Assembly will be launched by a group of Kevin supporters to advocate for him.
    But afterwards, Dai Si Chung, voluntarily contacted the press and said that he will be issuing a statement that he will not pursue legal allegations against Kevin.

Since Kevin's contract incident had been exposed, he has received the majority of public support, helping turn the situation around in Kevin's favor.

Kevin's supporters were about to launch a General Assembly to advocate for him, but Kevin disagreed with this approach. "I did not want to make this into a bigger issue. But I believe in the laws of Hong Kong and that the best solution to the problem is through legal methods."

Some refer to the teacher and pupil relationship between Dai Si Chung and Kevin breaking down due to an incident at Kenix Kwok Ho Ying and Frankie Lam Man Lung's wedding. Allegedly, Kevin did not greet the Dai's at the wedding. But Kevin said, "I did greet them then. Mrs. Dai even pulled us to shake hands. But I didn't know what to say, as we haven't been in touch for such a long time. But I do meet San Wai for dinner sometimes."

As Dai San Wai had publicly revealed Kevin's telephone conversation taping, Kevin only said that the position of each person is different. "I was very surprised when the conversation was reveal publicly. But I wasn't overly upset. After all [San Wai is Dai's daughter]."

Will Kevin be on friendly terms with Dai Si Chung in the future? Kevin responded reservedly, "That's to be considered later."

Just as Kevin's radio interview above was broadcast last midnight, Dai Si Chung voluntarily contacted the press. Dai said that he is currently drafting a public statement, in the form of a newspaper ad, that he will be dropping legal allegations against Kevin.

The following is a transcript of the conversation that Dai had with the Sun's reporter:

Dai: I wanted to speak my heartfelt words. Thanks to everyone who has been concerned about the contract issue with Kevin Cheng. I would like to resolve this matter by issuing a public statement to drop legal allegations.

Reporter: Why are you insisting on publishing a public statement?

Dai: I don't want people to think that I am creating news, so I wanted to clarify by issuing a public statement.

Reporter: Have you spoken with Kevin?

Dai: No I haven't. This time it is not a lawsuit.

Reporter: Allegedly, Kevin's supporters were going to organize a General Assembly to denounce you?

Dai: I don't know. I don't think that's true.

However, the Sun reporter still has not received Dai's public statement yet. Dai said that he is still working on the proper wording, so he needs more time. Also Dai's daughter, Wan Wai, has turned low profile as well.

Kevin said that he has not received the notice of Dai's public statement, so he said it is inconvenient for him to comment. But the twist in events and the Dai's changing their positions made the situation more interesting.

credit to Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...rticle&sid=204

I'm so glad that Kevin is ok. That vampire gave up cause everyone is supporting Kevin. Hehe that loser

I love him, he is so hot

http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...rticle&sid=215

Kevin Cheng's Contract Woes Not Over Yet

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060404/img/se01040419_big.jpg')

Apparently, Kevin Cheng Ka Wing's legal woes are not over yet. His former music teacher and manager, Dai Si Chung seems to have extricated himself from the contract issue yesterday by issuing a formal public statement.
    But Dai's daughter, Dai Wan Wai has formally stated that she will follow through with Kevin's contract dispute in place of her father.

Wan Wai urged Kevin to face her directly in the contract dispute. She said, "If Kevin wants to end the contract through a multi-million dollar settlement, that depends on whether his answer includes repentance or his admission of guilt!"

Dai Si Chung has been publicly branded a "blood-sucking vampire" since the contract dispute with Kevin has been exposed. In his public statement which he issued yesterday, he insisted that Kevin had signed a contract to allow the Dai's to take 10% profits of Kevin's lifetime earnings. Dai claimed that Kevin had signed such a contract 13 years ago in order to show his gratitude towards Dai Si Chung as his former music teacher.

In his public statement, Dai Si Chung said that Kevin is still a kind-natured person and that there is a behind-the-scenes strategist helping Kevin in this contract dispute. In his statement, Dai said that he is not longer in the "manager" position, but that of a music teacher. He pulled out an old autographed album that Kevin had signed many years ago, where Kevin had dedicated the album to "My father" referencing his close-relationship with Dai. Accordingly, Dai had also given Kevin a platinum designer watch as a present in the past.

While Dai said he is no longer in a "manager" position, his daughter Wan Wai has insisted that she will continue to pursue the contract dispute with Kevin. "My father is officially removed from this issue. Now it is an issue between Kevin and I. I want him to face me directly."

Wan Wai continued, "I want him to answer 2 questions: 1) How come he is so ingrateful [towards my father]? 2) Who is the behind-the-scenes strategist helping him? Now the contract is in my hands. If Kevin wants to end the contract, he needs to face me directly. If he wants to end this contract through [a legal scheme] or multi-million dollar settlement, it depends on whether he has admitted his 'wrongs' or not."

"Actually, the contract issue could have been settled peacefully, but he set off 'the bomb' first. Now we have to consider what future actions he will take before we decide how to resolve this." Wan Wai admitted that her father had once given Kevin a platinum watch. "My father treated him like his real son. Whatever Kevin wanted, my father bought it for him!"

As to the latest developments and the statements made by Dai Si Chung and Dai Wan Wai, Kevin yesterday said through a telephone interview that he will not respond to their statements.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060404/img/se01040414_big.jpg')

Hmmm I wonder how long it took for that vampire to dig out that pic? Hope Kevin isn't too sad about what the vampire jr. said. She's a total bioch. No wonder her husband couldn't stand her and divorce her.

Bleh. It's sooooooo obvious that the guy is only out for Kevin's money! I mean, he simply tossed Kevin in Taiwan, not caring whether he made it or got crushed.

Then Kevin returned to Hongkong, slogged out his guts in TVB to get to where he is now. And suddenly, this guy got concerned and started talking about an unexpired contract he probably should have talked about years ago!

Not a bloodsucking vampire? Pfft.

Seems to me that the younger sister Si Wan is probably the only one with a heart left. x__X
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

actually, u no what, I think Si Wan set this whole recording scheme up with her other vampires. I mean if she's trying to help Kevin, why did she record the conversation? An idiot would know that Kevin can get in trouble with the law for trying to persuade someone to "ruin" the evidence if others find out. Secondly, if she didn't know about this and it's the vampire king who set this up, well, that is an interesting question. How does the vampire king know that she's talking to Kevin at the moment and secretly record the whole conversation? Either way, the younger sister is certainly not the innocent one, afterall, she IS a part of the vampire family so of course she's gonna help her king.

http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...rticle&sid=221

Raymond Cho Sheds Light on Kevin Cheng's Contract Dispute

Raymond Cho Wing Lim, Cheng Dan Shiu, and Christine Ng Wing Mei were promoting "Room Full of Guests" yesterday. Regarding Kevin Cheng Ka Wing's contract dispute with Dai Si Chung, Raymond spoke up in defense for Kevin since they have been good friends for over 10 years.

Raymond said he already knew about the profit-sharing contract a long time ago. Although Dai Si Chung was never Raymond's official music teacher, Raymond did take a few singing lessons from him. Raymond could not hold back and express his own opinion of the issue. "Kevin has been too kind. Back then when he signed the contract, I already knew about it. But I didn't stop Kevin from signing it."

"Actually the circumstances forced Kevin to sign it, as he had no other choice. Dai Si Chung repeatedly pressured Kevin to sign it. Maybe if Kevin didn't sign the contract, there would not have been any further work arrangements for him."

"I really think poorly about this kind of music instructor. If the collaboration had been good and [Dai had been a good manager], then profit-sharing is the proper thing to do. But why did Dai 'sell' Kevin off to Taiwan? How come Dai was so cruel? Teachers should treat their pupils well."

Raymond said that Dai Si Chung had asked him to go out to dimsum together about a year ago. Dai had also asked Raymond for Kevin's new telephone and address information. Since Raymond found the nature of Dai's questions odd, he did not meet up with Dai. From this incident, Raymond speculated that Dai had been wanting to bring up the old contract for over a year.

As Dai's daughter, Wan Wai had claimed that Kevin has a behind-the-scenes advisor helping him in the matter, Raymond said, "That's quite funny. The Dai's were the first to issue a letter from their lawyer. They had wanted to blow up the matter out of proportion. Now they are afraid that others are speaking poorly about them. If they are upright, then they shouldn't be afraid."

"A life-long contract! Anyone who can think up such a contract is quite ruthless. Now they want to ask for money. Why do they have to 'intimidate' Kevin, whose career is starting to look promising now?"

Raymond continued, "I am quite upset over the matter! Dai loves to sue people. But according to Kevin's lawyer, there is a good possibility that Kevin will win."

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy_85
    actually, u no what, I think Si Wan set this whole recording scheme up with her other vampires. I mean if she's trying to help Kevin, why did she record the conversation? An idiot would know that Kevin can get in trouble with the law for trying to persuade someone to "ruin" the evidence if others find out. Secondly, if she didn't know about this and it's the vampire king who set this up, well, that is an interesting question. How does the vampire king know that she's talking to Kevin at the moment and secretly record the whole conversation? Either way, the younger sister is certainly not the innocent one, afterall, she IS a part of the vampire family so of course she's gonna help her king.
    I've thought of that before but what comes to my mind is, if she's really is that bad, why would Kevin trust her enough for such a favour? But you could be right too. Perhaps Kevin did made a judgement error.

By the way, after some thinking through, I decided that the second daughter's right to some extend. She and her dad aren't bloodsucking vampires as she said. However, they are most certainly MONEY-SUCKING VAMPIRES. Bleh.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I've thought of that before but what comes to my mind is, if she's really is that bad, why would Kevin trust her enough for such a favour? But you could be right too. Perhaps Kevin did made a judgement error.

By the way, after some thinking through, I decided that the second daughter's right to some extend. She and her dad aren't bloodsucking vampires as she said. However, they are most certainly MONEY-SUCKING VAMPIRES. Bleh.
    Hmm my guess is that Kevin was too naive. The 2nd daughter probably pretend to be on his side so that's why Kevin ask her to do the favor. Seriously, if she is on Kevin's side, why would she record the conversation? Kevin was right, she is the vampire's daughter so of course she'll help her father.

but it was stupid of Dai to let his daughter do all the dirty work for him. what a good father eh

TommyH
    Unregistered

So is all this trouble over? Recently I keep seeing this piece of news on all TVB-related sites/forums. Hopefully nothing bad happens to Kevin...

I don't think there has been any more news on it lately, but I think its still going on. Last I heard is that Kevin said he handed everything to his lawyers and is taking it easy. Hehe, its great though that Kevin is doing well still however since he seems to be doing a lot of things and getting more work as well

Hehe, I never knew that he and Raymond Cho were such good friends! Great to know that and even better was how Raymond stood up for him! I love how outspoken Raymond was about the issue, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Kevin Cheng Exceeds Boundaries as Program Host

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060428/img/se17042809_big.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060428/img/se17042807_big.jpg')

Recently Kevin Cheng Ka Wing's popularity has increased dramatically. In June, Kevin and Nnadia Chan Chung Ling's "Trimming Success" will be broadcast in Hong Kong. Kevin has also been hosting a food program with Niki Chow Lai Kei. As a first time program host, Kevin had many worries!
    Kevin said, "In the past, I would definitely have rejected this hosting job!"

"Normally I am not a very talkative person, how can I be a host? But my mentality has changed in the last year. Actually being a program host is a new challenge for me. I am very grateful for this opportunity!"

However Kevin and Niki had many NG's during filming. Kevin said, "After I warm up, then it's not a problem. When I first started, I was not used to the type of dialogue that a host has to speak. In filming series, the dialogue is more situational and close to real life."

Kevin laughed and said that he has a weak memory, often forgetting his scripted lines. "My food program is considered a casual program. That's why I really admire Carol Dodo Cheng and Lydia Shum as they often host grand-scale events with long scripts. I chatted with the producer of my food program and he said that as long as I get the major points across, that's fine. I do not have to follow the script word-for-word, which makes the delivery much easier."

"Actually being a host can help you develop a more personable side. This is lacking in filming series. However being a host is not my strength, so I only plan to do it occasionally and not on a long-term basis."

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060428/img/se17042808_big.jpg')

credit to Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com/index.php?name...rticle&sid=270

Heard Kevin's gonna release a Mandarin album soon.yay!

here's the piece of news i found at another site:
    Renowned musician Lau Ka Cheung recognized the skills of Kevin Cheng Ka Wing. Not only did Lau empathize in Kevin in his contract dispute with former music teacher Dai Si Chung, Lau has also decided to put forth money to sign Kevin as one of his managed singers.

Lau continued, "I have spoken with TVB and made the proper arrangments to sign Kevin. I have already composed some songs for Kevin. Aside from working on Kevin's music album, I will not be involved in anything else."

Lau said, "Kevin should sing romantic love songs. Girls would probably like his vocals."

actually, Kevin already has his mandarin single out for sale.

I am presently in Hong Kong on vacation and I attended the Liu Jia Chang concert last night in which Kevin was a guest performer. Liu Jia Chang will take Kevin under his wing and teach him about being a better singer.

Kevin looked skinnier in person. Dang he is one hot man. I was sitting in the 6th row, so it was pretty close to the stage.

i lik him in real life. but his actin skill.....uh suck. cant play lead role. sing- ... i wont even go there. but i guess hes alrite as a person
    Woot~ Go S.H.E!!!!!!
    Ella Rox~

Yes he looks very cute and very man^^

Post KEVIN CHENG

i luvv all his series!!!! GoooooOOOOOO kevin!!!!

i love him too
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget