Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: KEVIN CHENG 郑嘉颖

Are u sure he's in his 30s? anyone knows what year he was born in?
    I found his birth date and some additional information in case anyone is curious.

English Name: Kevin Cheng
    Cantonese Name: Cheng Ka Wing
    Vietnamese Name: Trịnh Gia Vĩnh
    Birthday: August 15, 1969
    Birthplace: USA
    Height: 179 cm
    Weight: 66 kg
    Education: California State University Los Angeles
    Hobbies: Tennis, basketball, singing
    Friends: Timmy Hung, Michael Tong, Raymond Cho, Vivian Lai, Vivian Chow

Bio:
    Kevin got his start as a singer. For a period of time between the early to the mid 90s, Kevin was quite well known as one of the powerful voices at Polygram (now Universal), including a controversial romance with fellow records co. mate, Linda Wong Hing Ping. He appeared in several Hong Kong movies, but failed to find a name for himself. Between 1995-6, he and Linda Wong ended their relationship. Soon, Kevin left the showbiz to study in the United States. Last year, Kevin returned to Hong Kong and signed with TVB for the first time as an actor.

Favorites:
    Favorite Food: Fruits and Desserts
    Favorite Colours: Beige and Blue
    Favorite Singers: Jacky Cheung and Alan Tam
    Favorite Actor: Chow Yun Fat, Mel Gibson
    Favorite Colleagues: Wong He, Stephen Au, Maggie Cheung HY
    Favorite Movie: Fight Club

Series:
    2001 Burning Flame 2
    2001 Network Love Story
    2002 Slim Chances
    2002 Loving You II
    2003 Better Halves
    2003 Point of No Return
    2004 Hard Fate
    2004 Placebo Cure (NEW RELEASED!)

Credit to www.tvseriesensation.com
    Last edited by botan; 10-26-04 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    I don't think he is still singing. His record sales were miserable in Hong Kong back then. He then tried Mandarin albums in Taiwan, but didn't sell either. He was frustrated and left the entertainment business. When he got back, nobody remembered his former singer status. Everybody thought he was a TVB newbie.
    Hmm, I'm not suprised that his albums didn't sell well. His acting is probably better than his singing. Yeah, when I first saw him in Slim Chances I had no idea who he was and thought he was some newcomer. It wasn't until recently I discovered that he had been in the entertainment business for so long.

He was in more series than I thought he was. Yeah, I agree. I prefer Kevin as a lead more than Joe, even though Kevin needs some more improvement. I don't know why but I prefer Joe Ma as supporting instead.

Not sure if he's working on any other projects. I think the most recent is Yummy Yummy. What is this series about anyways? Food? I'm not too happy that Charmaine's in it though but I like the rest of the cast. I saw Kevin and her in PONR and they didn't look compatible. I still think he is most compatible with Annie Man.

That makes him 35 this year...my gosh! He really looks like he is in his late 20s only! wow....good for him in staying youthful.

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    He was in more series than I thought he was. Yeah, I agree. I prefer Kevin as a lead more than Joe, even though Kevin needs some more improvement. I don't know why but I prefer Joe Ma as supporting instead.
    Haha, I'll pick him over Joe Ma too, but I prefer not to see Joe at all. Not even in supporting roles. I just don't like him.

What's wrong with having TVB both promote Kevin and Joe? I think TVB should give those actors who have been playing supporting roles a chance than bringing in newbies to act in their series.

I like Joe in his lead roles....he's been playing supporting roles too long it's ABOUT time he gets to stretch his wings and fly in showbiz.

Kevin also starred in two taiwanese series in 1999 with Jimmy Lin and Alec Su in Legendary Siblings and he also starred in another called Legend of Heaven and Earth--The Mermaid with Roger Kwok in 2000 or 2002?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I think Joe is a good actor but there's just something about him I can't stand watching when he is the lead. I don't quite like some of the newbies, especially Ron Ng. I'd rather watch Joe than watch Ron. But you are right Suet Seung, TVB should give the supporting actors/actresses a chance. It is good that TVB is has finally given Joe a chance since he has worked so hard all these years.

I didn't know that Kevin has also starred in Taiwan series too. I've only watched the beginning of those two series so had no idea he was in them.

Hehe, I've seen Kevin in quite a few series now and at first I really did not like him at all. Can't seem to remember/know the reason why I didn't like him. It was just something. But after watching him in Hard Fate I started liking him again. I really adored his character in there as well as his acting

Yeah, I remember seeing him in those two Taiwan series. The villian in both series, but now that I think back he did pretty okay. Though I disliked both his characters in there. Did pity him a bit in LS though at the end.

Thanks for the profile botan ^_^ Hehe, I didn't know that much about him even though I went through a little "craze" on him. Hehe, its great to see that he is very close to Wong Hei, Maggie, and Stephan!! Lol, they all got to film together in BF2, I wonder is that when they got really close?

Anyways finished watching him in Placebo Cure a little while ago and I liked his character. Overall I liked him yet at certain points I really though argh!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Well, nothing wrong with promoting Joe Ma. It's just that I don't like him. Kevin's acting is not necessarily better, but at least he's more bearable. Just my personal preference though.

There's nothing wrong with promoting Joe Ma...but maybe we should get back on the topic of Kevin.

I really liked Kevin and Flora together in Hard Fate, do you think they'll work together again? It's too bad that they didn't end up together.

omg lastnight i was watching K-100 and i saw him singing and it so good but only alittle bit. I hope he will have his own album oneday cause i really want to see him singing.
    Love:~Raymond Lam~Ruco Chan~Sam Wang ~Luo Jin~
    Admire:~Michelle Ye~Jessica Hsuan~Linda Chung~
    Bands:~5566~183 Club~Twins ~
    Watching:~Scheme of a beauty~The Fixer~

Quote Originally Posted by MsPowerbomb
    I really liked Kevin and Flora together in Hard Fate, do you think they'll work together again? It's too bad that they didn't end up together.
    Chances are not high. Flora has left TVB.

Kevin will surely have opportunities to work with other TVB "fa dan"s though.

hey realdeal do u know where to find kevin song
    cause i really want to find his song

Quote Originally Posted by YanHei
    hey realdeal do u know where to find kevin song
    cause i really want to find his song
    hi YanHei! u may listen to his songs online here: http://www.real2000.org/search.asp?k...go.x=39&go.y=9

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

thank P-Chan for the great website
    i can't believe he had sing so many song
    thank so much

kevin looks so cute. love his acting. I saw a collage on his forum the other dai that has him and mandy in it. and they look so cute together!

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan
    hi YanHei! u may listen to his songs online here: http://www.real2000.org/search.asp?k...go.x=39&go.y=9
    Wow. People have said his singing career wasn't great but I don't think his singing is that bad. I think Kevin sounds very sweet.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Just finished watchng the movie "split second" w/ him in it. He acting was really good!

Has he ever done a wuxia movie yet?

I hated the movie hard fate!!!! That movie's really messed up. but that just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by anappleaday
    Just finished watchng the movie "split second" w/ him in it. He acting was really good!

Has he ever done a wuxia movie yet?

I hated the movie hard fate!!!! That movie's really messed up. but that just my opinion!
    Kevin's been in a taiwanese adaptation of Jin yong's novel called Legendary Siblings . But uh it's a bad adaptation so don't watch it.

He actually does have a good singing voice, quite solid. Unfortunately, I think his recording company at that time failed to market him properly, amongst other things. But well, the entertainment line is fraught with lots of uncertainties and talent doesn't always equate to success in this circle. In fact, Kevin may actually be one of the luckier ones as he has since found other opportunities in acting and is doing pretty well (with lots of hard work of course ).

I just finished watching Hard Fate and I absolutely loved him in there!! TVB definitely has made the right casting decision with Kar Ming! Not to mention he looked so compatible with Niki Chow Apart from Kevin, the story was engaging and the acting was great, especially from Damien Lau. This serial has successfully climbed into one of my all-time favourite TVB serials!

I'm actually still in a dilemma as to whether to rent Split Seconds or not cos I would love to watch Kevin as an inspector but reviews of this serial has been mixed, with most gearing towards the negative side.... Suggestions anyone?

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

*droollzz..he is sooo HOTT!

i think kevin and nikki look so good together nad such a good chemistry going in hard fate! i hope they collaborate again!!! PLEASSSEEE *CROSS FINGERS**

FLORA CHAN LEFT TVB? TO DO WHAT?
    raymond lam is soo sexiiii...<33