Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: KEVIN CHENG 郑嘉颖

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan
    He actually does have a good singing voice, quite solid. Unfortunately, I think his recording company at that time failed to market him properly, amongst other things. But well, the entertainment line is fraught with lots of uncertainties and talent doesn't always equate to success in this circle. In fact, Kevin may actually be one of the luckier ones as he has since found other opportunities in acting and is doing pretty well (with lots of hard work of course ).
    I do prefer him as an actor more. I think his singing is alright. But yeah, he does have potential as a singer as well. That could have been one reason, Polygram didn't market him well. I wonder if he will ever return to singing or have decided to just pursue acting.

I don't know about Split Seconds. I watched two episodes but didn't find it interesting. Is he paired up with Mandy Cho in that series?

Anyone see that promotional clip with Kevin and Jessica Hsuen? I really hope they will star in a series together.

FLORA CHAN LEFT TVB? TO DO WHAT?
    I don't think Flora has left TVB. The last time I read news about her the article had stated that Flora changed management company, she is no longer under TVB manangement. I think she will still film with TVB once in a while.
    Last edited by botan; 12-13-04 at 01:46 PM.

Well..I guess if Kevin is talented in both acting and singing then it will benefit him well in the long run. If there is ever a series where his character sings and serenade to a girl, then he's the guy to play that character and he wouldn't need to lipsync to anyone's song.

That's if TVB knows how to promote him properly. They must show his versatily with singing and acting and if he can learn dancing, he'll be better than those other newbies.

I can't wait until tommorrow is over so I can start renting new tv series...been stuck with studying for so long. It's vacation time! I've got a final tommorow morning, wish me luck guys!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

LOL, I agree Suet Seung, he would be perfect for that role .

Yeah, it doesn't really look like TVB is promoting him properly either. They are always type casting him and he's always getting supporting roles. I hope his role in "Yummy Yummy" will be better and will help give him some recognition.

Good luck on your final exams ! I'm so glad that I got my exams over with. It's nice to just relax and not think about school.

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    I don't know about Split Seconds. I watched two episodes but didn't find it interesting. Is he paired up with Mandy Cho in that series?

Anyone see that promotional clip with Kevin and Jessica Hsuen? I really hope they will star in a series together.
    I'm watching Split Second now... Haha probably cos I watched it with zero expectations (with all the bad reviews and all), I actually thought it wasn't too bad! Quite a refreshing change in style and storyline. Ok, I haven't watched those movies that are supposedly being ripped off by this serial (except Infernal Affairs which I do agree there's some resemblence), so can't comment on how similar they are.

But Alex Fong's character bothers me. Some say Kevin's character is unreasonable, I think that honour shld go to Alex Fong's character instead. Unreasonable, illogical, a complete weirdo....

Oh yah, Kevin's paired with Mandy Cho in there. A very bad actress, completely robotic. But since it's her first series I guess it's understandable. There were others worse than her. Anyway, her role in there is small and the focus is all on the guys and Yoyo Mung.

Anyway, I did see the promotional clip with Jessica and Kevin, and I was like... Tai Chi with space travel??? Fighting on the streets with Tai Chi??? What the #&*%@#$%$#%? Ok ok, I'm giving it chances thou, hopefully it turns out interesting . Oh yea, it would be great to see Kevin and Jessica star in the same series together. I think they look pretty compatible also ^^.
    Last edited by P-Chan; 12-14-04 at 10:10 PM.

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

I had zero expectations for "Split Second" too and still didn't find it interesting. I guess I will wait for his next series, maybe a series after Yummy Yummy. I'm trying to avoid all of Charmaine Sheh's series, so I'm taking a pass on that one. So who's the villain in "Split Seconds" anyways? Yeah, I saw Mandy in a few scenes and her acting was very stiff and unnatural. Well, hopefully she has improved since it looks like we will be seeing her in other series.

I agree, that promotional clip with Jess and Kevin didn't look interesting at all. But it's only a promotional clip so there maybe a chance that it won't get filmed or TVB will cast someone else. I'm kind of hoping that Jess and Kevin aren't going to be in it and hope they will be in a better series instead. But I guess if they are going to be in the Tai Chi one then I would watch it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    I'm kind of hoping that Jess and Kevin aren't going to be in it and hope they will be in a better series instead. But I guess if they are going to be in the Tai Chi one then I would watch it anyways.
    Ditto that remark...

Anyway, Marco Ngai is the big villian in Split Second.

any more pics of him?
    also...was he in S.H.E.'s mv dui hao ru zuo? well...that guy in the mv looks like him
    ~Lysa~

Quote Originally Posted by icetea987
    any more pics of him?
    also...was he in S.H.E.'s mv dui hao ru zuo? well...that guy in the mv looks like him
    try this webpage for more pics of kevin - www.kevincheng.com.hk

kevin in S.H.E.'s mv?? errr... dunno abt that one, and i dun think it could be him either...

I am currently watching Split Second and I quite like Kevin's character. In fact his character would be my favorite character. I don't know why I like his character, but I do. At least compared to all of the other ones. However I didn't quite like him in the beginning when he was a bit also how he sorta 'forced' Patrick into staying as a mole. I do like how he is helping Alex out here and there though. I don't like the fact that he has that illness But still.

Anyways I am also looking forward to Yummy Yummy. It looks pretty amusing and I like Raymond plus Tavia. Hehe, I can't wait for it!! I used to not like Tavia or Kevin, but now total change of minds
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Kevin is so damn hotttttt!!! He deserve lead roles!! I hope they promote him!! He's 35 he actually look alot younger I thought he was a new teen actor!! I saw most of the series mentioned that he was in but I didn't know he was in there!! i regretted cuzz now I wanna rewatch it to see him

I agree with all of u that Kevin is HOT!!!! He really has a youthful face. I wish to see him more in lead roles and not side kick or don juan roles. I believe he can achieve much more in his career.

The only reason I watch Split Second is for Kevin...........the serie..was so boring.........but I have to finish the serie cus of kevin....he looks HOT HOT in Split second....
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

Question

What are the new tv serials that he's starring in after Split Second?

Any idea?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

hes really hot but i dont seem to like his acting that much

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    What are the new tv serials that he's starring in after Split Second?

Any idea?
    Here's what was said in TVB Weekly All translations thanks to Em at http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Yummy Yummy - Food for Life (there's already a thread here)

Producer: Amy Wong Sum Wai
    Script: Wong Wai Keung, Lam Siu Chi
    Cast: Raymond Lam, Charmaine Sheh, Tavia Yeung, Kevin Cheng, Hui Siu Hung

Synopsis:
    This is a co-production starring Hong Kong and Singapore actors. The story surrounds a TV Gourmet competition that spans Singapore and Hong Kong. The Hong Kong team - Yau Hok Lai (Raymond Lam), Chow Chi Yan (Tavia Yeung), Chan Ka Lok (Kevin Cheng) and Singapore's Wong Fook Sang (Ben Yeo) meet in the competition and turn from opponents to good friends. Chi Yan meets with her half sister Chow Man Hei (Charmaine Sheh) and these five young people overcome great difficulty in search of business success.

Original article: http://jade.tvb.com/weekly/402/cover7.html

---------------------------------------------

Barber Father Stylist Son (literal translation) Filming begins March 2005

Producer: Leung Choi Yuen
    Script: Chan Ching Yee
    Cast: Nnadia Chan, Kevin Cheng, Wayne Lai, Sharon Chan, Halina Tam

Synopsis:
    In the holiday hotspot of Stanley, a light hearted romance and heartwarming story evolves. Chiu Tin .. (Kevin Cheng) is a famous name in the world of Hong Kong hairstylists and despite his popular salon in the heart of Central, he was born in Stanley, where his father brought up his two sons by cutting hair. Unfortunately, his expectations for his sons are too high and this puts a strain on the father-son relationship. Chiu meets with debt problems and has to move back to live with his father in Stanley, where he meets his childhood sweetheart Pang Ching (Nnadia Chan), who is a windsurfing expert as well as a mechanical engineer...

Original article: http://jade.tvb.com/weekly/402/cover8.html

According to Oriental Daily, Kevin will sing the theme song of Yummy Yummy alongside Raymond Lam and others (the article didn't specify). However, the sub theme will be sung solo by him.

http://www.orientaldaily.com.hk/ent/ent_a72cnt.html

Thanks for all he news P-Chan ! Really??? He will be singing the subsong for Yummy Yummy? I will definately be looking forward to hearing it. I'm glad that he will be getting a leading role in the series with Nnadia.

anyone knows his biodata? like his birthday? and star and animal sign?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    anyone knows his biodata? like his birthday? and star and animal sign?
    Refer to page 2, post #21

Thanks Botan.