Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yin vs. Yang

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritanto
    Jiu Ying Bai Gu Zhao is one of the most lethal form of attack. Granted, ZZR may not have immense internal strength anyway.
    Another thing that shocked the 2 Wudang heroes was that Jiu Yin could make you seem like you have heaps of inner power because of the very efficient ways (or tricks) it utilises your inner power. Initially they thought she had a higher level of inner power until direct contact was made late in the battle (but it was too late for them to do anything about it).
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    All that crap about Yin > Yang is nonsense. One cannot exist without the other. Same with male and female. Who is to say who is superior to who.
    majority people in this forum said that yin-user - GJ is supposedly better than YG a mainly yang-user and other yang-user ZWJ is a crap fighter - just look at the sticky at the top - not that I agree with it, but then I'm not the expert who can even devise a formula for internal energy deterioration and other crap like that

You forget that 9 Yin's internal energy is neutral.

GJ is actually a neutral fighter. Like his XL18Z have both soft and hard. 9 Yin mean Yin and Yang, it was said have both Wei Jia and Nei Jia in the manual.

EDIT: Nevermind, ChronoReverse beat me to it

Anyway how would you people rank the martial arts/internal strength of the characters in HSDS?
    Happy Birthday Yuanyuan!! (5th October)

Anyway how would you people rank the martial arts/internal strength of the characters in HSDS?
    I supposed it's based on the fighting scenes, reputation, what kind of martial arts did the characters learn and some opinion from other characters.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

On ZWJ being a crap fighter, well, I don't think he was that crap, and it's not because he was a Yang-user either. His lack of experience, and also his indecisiveness, I think, are the main factors.

You can check Laviathan's post (see one of the sticky threads), and although the list is for all novels (well, mostly), but if you take just HSDS characters, you can see the HSDS rank there. I agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    majority people in this forum said that yin-user - GJ is supposedly better than YG a mainly yang-user and other yang-user ZWJ is a crap fighter - just look at the sticky at the top - not that I agree with it, but then I'm not the expert who can even devise a formula for internal energy deterioration and other crap like that
    Huh? Are you talking about their internal energy type or their fighting style?
    Internal energy wise, GJ should be Yin (I guess since he learned 9 Yin) and YG should be Yin as well (Ancient Tomb stuff, 9 Yin and an assortment of other shit). If its style you mean the GJ is a Yang type as well, at first at least because of HQG's influence. If was maybe later that he changed towards Yin. YG was exactly the opposite. Yin at the beginning because of Ancient Tomb styles etc. etc. Yang later on because of Dugu's influence.

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, Yang style would be more robust, hard type eg. Dragon palms, Sad palms. Yin style would be softer style like Jade Maiden swordplay, Kong Ming fists.

Do I make sense?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

when you say a skill is yin or yang , it doesn't mean automatically the same as hard and soft. skills like dragon subdueing plams and dugu swordplay are 'yang' because they are based on directly attacking the oppenent. vacant fist and taji are soft skills thought as 'yin' skills but their actually neutral . maiden sword and dog beating skill are 'yin' because they don't attack directly but use clever variations to lead the opponent into defeat. yang skills as well as yin skills can have soft as well as hard . iron plams and shaolin dragon claws,iron fingers are hard external skills that are yang based because they are direct attacking skills. wudang cotton plams and acient tomb netting 'heaven and earth'[skies above and earth below] are soft internal skills that are 'yin' based. xuzhu's 6yang plam had a soft plam that he used against jmz. inner energy doesn't have to be the same as the nature[attacking directly'yang'/indirectly'yin'] of the skill .
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Internal energy wise, GJ should be Yin (I guess since he learned 9 Yin)
    okay this message to everyone, that 9 Yin is NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL.........
    It have been repeated many time in this thread already.

If you read the book, it said that 9 Yin contained both Wei Jia(hard) and Nei Jia(soft). the Demon Subding Fist was hard. 9 Yin White Claw was capable of punching holes in a skull, that is not a soft technique. that goes the same for the internal energy.

we get ur point
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    we get ur point
    was I being harsh? If so, maybe I should change it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    was I being harsh? If so, maybe I should change it.
    According to the TristeCoeur scale, you're far from being harsh.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

You still must note that Yin can also imply viciousness. 9 yin Bone Claw should be Yin because of its viciousness. However, the internal energy of 9 Yin is neutral Taoist.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    According to the TristeCoeur scale, you're far from being harsh.
    accodring to tat scale nothing is too harsh
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    okay this message to everyone, that 9 Yin is NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL, NEUTRAL.........
    It have been repeated many time in this thread already.

If you read the book, it said that 9 Yin contained both Wei Jia(hard) and Nei Jia(soft). the Demon Subding Fist was hard. 9 Yin White Claw was capable of punching holes in a skull, that is not a soft technique. that goes the same for the internal energy.
    ???. Where have I said it isn't neutral? I only said it was Yin. If Yin = Neutral then naturally Neutral = Yin. I said GJ's inner energy is Yin, hence Neutral. Wrong?

Demon Subduing Fist and 9 Yin White Claw are both external skills in 9 Yin Zhen Jing. Nothing to do with the type of inner energy that it generates. And I agree with your classification of the 2 skills.

As a sidenote, Yin and Yang mean a lot of things. They represent opposites of all things in the universe according to taoists.

Erm, Yin is not neutral. Saying Yin is neutral is like saying 1 is zero.

And I'll re-iterate that I do not believe that 9 Yin Bone Claw is yang unless more evidence is provided besides "it can punch holes in a skull" since that's no indication of whether the technique would be considered "yin" or "yang".

Considering that the claw was design to quickly and viciously take out opponents (so as to conserve and not require as much energy) it really should fall under the class of "yin" technique.

Yin and Yang could be used to describe many things, but in terms of techniques not internal energy, I think that 9Yin Bone Claw should be "yin".

I am a bit confused here to recognise which one is yin or yang. Can any one help me to describe the characteristic of yin martial arts and internal energy cultivation as well as yang's ?
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    I am a bit confused here to recognise which one is yin or yang. Can any one help me to describe the characteristic of yin martial arts and internal energy cultivation as well as yang's ?
    I think you'd get quite a few different variations of answers. It seems there are a lot of differing opinions regarding this, which i think is because we don't really know a hell of a lot about taoist or advanced martial arts theories.

Like I said, Yin and Yang are very general terms that can be used on anything. Its kinda hard to get conclusive answers.

But to me, Yang energy would mean something like the sun. Warm, robust, ever-present sort of energy. Yin energy would be the opposite of that, of which I don't really know how to explain.

In case of external tecnique such as Dragon Palms etc. You'll have to see what aspect you are looking at. Dragon palms is very raw, very direct. It possesses a lot of destructive power. You would classify this attribute as Yang. Anything opposite will be Yin. I would classify Taichi for example as Yin in this sense which means its not direct like Dragon palms and its not as forceful. Its softer so to speak. But there are other aspects in a skill as well, for example Taichi theories maybe of seeking balance between Yin and Yang or whatever the heck else, I don't know.

So its difficult to say. I recommend that we specify what aspect of a martial art we are talking about when we classify them as Yin or Yang to make ourselves clear.