Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Great is Huang Rong ?

Default A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    We've previously concluded that Mui Chiu Fung in LOCH was more powerful than Lee Mok Sau in ROCH.
    How and with whom did you reach that conclusion? Just because Feng Mofeng said so in ROCH? I'm not saying that Feng is wrong, but according to him, Mei Chaofeng BEFORE practicing Nine Yin White Bone Claw was already better than Li Mochou. How is that possible? When Mei and Chen stole the Book of Nine Yin and left Blossom Island, Feng Mofeng was merely a child. Can we trust his judgement?

Wong Yung in ROCH, when at full strength, is considered to be far better than Mui Chiu Fung had ever been.
    Again, what makes you think Huang Rong is far better than Mei Chaofeng?

How could Wong Yung and Lee Mok Sau, therefore, be at the same level?
    They are not at the same level. I just don't really agree with this idea of Huang Rong being far better than Mei Chaofeng who on her turn is also far better than Li Mochou.

Anyway, from the info given in the novel, Gongsun Zhi is probably at the same level as Huang Rong (maybe slightly better) while both of them are superior to Li Mochou. Huang Rong at the end of ROCH, however, is of course much better than Gongsun Zhi ever was.

That's my opinion.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Quote Originally Posted by Homura
    Do you think you should proof-read what you type?
    Thanx, I guess what I meant to say was :

It might not be easy to defeat XLN in pure martial arts duel, but a dumb idiot like XLN could easily be tricked by HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    There were several hints given in the novel. In Chapter 31, it was written: "Guo had fought Gongsun Zhi before and she knew his martial arts level is high, even her mother was no match for him."

AND FURTHERMORE...

In Chapter 29, when fighting Gongsun Zhi, Huang Rong and Li Mochou both thought: "This man has strong martial arts and is also very cunning, if I was alone, I probably would have lost to him."

Gongsun Zhi fled, and the women pursued him. But Huang Rong and Li Mochou, despite their qinggong skills, are not able to catch up with him. Only when Gongsun Zhi had captured Guo Fu and Wanyan Ping and tried to run away with a girl under each arm, did Huang and Li outrun him.

With the help of Yelü Qi, they were able to rescue the girls. Gongsun Zhi fled and... "Huang Rong and the others did not dare to pursue him"
    Yes, martial arts wise, this all might be true. But original poster, said Huang Rong at her peak and using her intellegence.

Quote Originally Posted by FoieGras
    Yes, martial arts wise, this all might be true. But original poster, said Huang Rong at her peak and using her intellegence.
    Please read carefully... I was merely answering Superboy's question:
    Quote Originally Posted by superboy
    When was it said that HR is below the level of GSZ?
    In other words, I was not discussing how Huang Rong at her peak and using her intelligence would fare against a Great, I was just giving info from the book.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

I have no idea whether HR > XLN or XLN > HR. BUT, i do feel that a highly intelligent fighter can take out a more powerful fighter. Take CLX for example, all his arch-enemies were omni-powerful fighters who would have kicked his a$$ if it wasn't for his quick wittedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    I have no idea whether HR > XLN or XLN > HR. BUT, i do feel that a highly intelligent fighter can take out a more powerful fighter. Take CLX for example, all his arch-enemies were omni-powerful fighters who would have kicked his a$$ if it wasn't for his quick wittedness.
    Agree ! HR will whip XLN's a$$.

huang rong would probably win(with great difficulty thou) if its a no holds barred match as she can use her wits to her advantage. but if its a strictly no tricks match, xiaolongnu would win.
    1. she has better qinggong and is faster.
    2. left right technique enables her to use yu nu su xing jian, which is damn powerful, even fa wang cant counter it
    3. yang guo knows how to counter dog beating technique(taught by ouyang feng) and he probably would have taught it to xiaolongnu(not mentioned in novel thou). and dog beating teachnique is huang rongs most powerful skill

I totally agree with you qiaofeng, XLN would probably win

yang guo knows how to counter dog beating technique(taught by ouyang feng) and he probably would have taught it to xiaolongnu(not mentioned in novel thou). and dog beating teachnique is huang rongs most powerful skill
    I doubt YG had taught XLN the counter. Unless its at the end of novel. They never spent very much time alone together after YG learned the counter.

I still think HR would be defeated not 2 easily but not with 2 much trouble by the other greats. i doubt HR would have much of a chance. Especially pre 16 years speration, afterwards i still doubt that she is on par with a great martial arts wise. In terms of knowledge though she should be up there with anyone. Intelligence gives u an advantage but to a certain degree. If not ZBT would have no chance against HYS or YG.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Wink

Foolish debate, what if I say XLN covered her swords with poison? One hit win tech

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

haung rong was better than li mochuo , dragon girl was probably at the same level as as li mochuo after mastering maiden skills with yang guo. but they didn't fight again so hard to tell. yang guo didn't reach li mochuo or dragon girl's level till glfw gave him advice on his skills [which is his best skill]. gongsun zhi learned the iron palm and light skills from his wife so he was maybe a little below qiu quren. haung rong had the same problem fighting him as yang guo did as she was fooled by his strange twin sword sabre skill. gou fu underestimated her mom's skill comared to gongsun zhi[the teachers never use the full skills when sparring with their students so all pupils sem to underestimate their teachers.]she was fooled too.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

with HR's vest the poison sword should be of no use
    TaZzY InC

i think the vest only covered the torson, the arms and lower body are still vulnerable

Un-healthy HR < GSZ
    Un-healthy XLN > GSZ
    So XLN > HR
    Case closed..