Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need information about du gu qiu bai

How do you guys figure what era DGQB lived? What does the novel say exactly or what clues did they give that suggest his time of existance?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    How do you guys figure what era DGQB lived? What does the novel say exactly or what clues did they give that suggest his time of existance?
    Yeung Gor estimated that Dook Goo Kau Bai probably lived sixty or seventy years before his own time, which would have been around the time that the Greats were born. I think Yeung Gor might have underestimated the time by a decade or two. I would say that Dook Goo Kau Bai lived at around the time that the Northern Sung Dynasty fell (i.e. about thirty years after the end of DGSD), which was a bit over a hundred years before Yeung Gor's time.

I got a question, how long do people live back then? Could any of them live over 150+ years old? just a crazy thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Yeung Gor estimated that Dook Goo Kau Bai probably lived sixty or seventy years before his own time, which would have been around the time that the Greats were born. I think Yeung Gor might have underestimated the time by a decade or two. I would say that Dook Goo Kau Bai lived at around the time that the Northern Sung Dynasty fell (i.e. about thirty years after the end of DGSD), which was a bit over a hundred years before Yeung Gor's time.
    if thats the case it makes perfect sense that MYF might be DGQB
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    I got a question, how long do people live back then? Could any of them live over 150+ years old? just a crazy thought.
    The average life expectancy today would be around 78 years for males, and 80+ for females. This is with all modern nutrition, medicine and lack of wars and diseases.

The average life expectancy in the 16-17 century was nearer to 40-50 years old. Getting to 60 years old was considered old.

For the Sung dynasty, it would be around the figure, add or minus 5-7 years. Remember, periods of wars means malnutrition, and infections all would markedly reduced life expectancy. So 100 is remarkable. 150+ highly improbable. Even in the modern era, the longest survivor that is documented does not exceed 130 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    Maybe but unlikely. MRF and DGKB are like two different philosophies towards martial arts. Further, with MRF's insanities make him having difficulties to deal with realities and daily lives, i don't think that he would have the abilities to create not one technique, but a series of ingenious techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    still doesn't look right, if it was the case, WCY should know about DGQB, and possibly ZBT as well.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Maybe but unlikely. MRF and DGKB are like two different philosophies towards martial arts. Further, with MRF's insanities make him having difficulties to deal with realities and daily lives, i don't think that he would have the abilities to create not one technique, but a series of ingenious techniques.
    The two martial art are not totally different. Actually it would make sure on how DGQB created the DG9J. DG9J is a theory on how to break every stances in the world, DGQB must have a large knowledge of all martial arts in order to creat such a sword technique. MRF have a large library of martial art in his grasps, which enable him to create DG9J. Of course I doubt MRF have such capablity.

but it is possible that DGQB have raided MRF's library to create his DG9J

The DGQB = MRF brigade is gathering steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    The DGQB = MRF brigade is gathering steam!
    I almost think it might be a possibility.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    I almost think it might be a possibility.
    Yeah.

And its about time MRF got some credibility.

Wasn't MRF in his late 30s by the end of DGSD by estimation he would be about 60 before he started beating up everybody then 100 before he retired. Timeline doesn't fit New theory please.

You are guys are crazier than Fizban and bat guano.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    You are guys are crazier than Fizban and bat guano.
    do you guys remember at the end of DGSD, MRF loose his minds so now its make perfect sense that he go to certain cave and writing some nonsense on the wall, the only think that's not add up is how MRF in his craziness can befriended a divine condor

The MuRong and DuGu connections have been mentioned in the past, but mainly as DGKB as MRF's son.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    Perfect sense?

ROCH was written years before DGSD was created. Do you guys really think Jin Yong intended Dugu Qiubai to be Murong Fu?

對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

I quote my earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Perfect sense?

ROCH was written years before DGSD was created. Do you guys really think Jin Yong intended Dugu Qiubai to be Murong Fu?

Dugu is his own person. Dugu is just meant to be unknown as a legend, created solely to pass his theories to YG.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    still doesn't look right, if it was the case, WCY should know about DGQB, and possibly ZBT as well.
    Wasn't ZBT's turtle on Peach Blossom Island called Du Gu Qiu Bai? Any connection of some sort...?

Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfForesight
    Wasn't ZBT's turtle on Peach Blossom Island called Du Gu Qiu Bai? Any connection of some sort...?
    wasn't in the novel.