Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young and Dangerous Series...

Default Young and Dangerous Series...

I'm pretty sure alot of you have watched them... Ho Nam (Ekin Chen) and San Gai (Jordan Chan) and their buddies join a gang because they got bullied in school... they start off as nobody but work their way to the top as more movies come out, atlast they become well known through the Triads society and Ho Nam ends up being the owner of the infamous gang Hung Hing (heard there is actually a real Hung Hing in HK) ... as for San Gai, he ends up being a branch leader in Hung Hing and in Taiwanese and Japanese Triads as well...

Yup, but Ho Nam at the very end got tired of living the triad life.....so that's why there are no youung and dangerous 7
    I’m beggin you please, give us one more try
    You know we were so good together
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye
    A memory, now and ’til forever

Well. The last Young And Dangerous film was pretty damned horrible anyway.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I thought the last one was one of the more interesting one because they mix politics with the movies.

Also they international flare with Japanese, Taiwanese with Hong Kong.

Too bad most of the original gang die... Tin Yee, Cho Pay and the Look a like Cho Pay I think that is the name (played by the same charactor and also appear as another charactor in the last one)... but at least it tells you that this gang life is not pretty and all.

There are some cool charactors that come and go (some never coming back) like Ugly Kwan, Da Fai, Tiger and Crow... hmm I think the bad guys are more interesting then good (well the they are still bad but from the point of view these guys are good) guys in this series
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

i saw Jason Chu (Chau-Pei & Jiu Pei/Banana Peel) at Jordan Chan's concert in Niagara Falls in August and found out that he's immigrated to Toronto and opened his own dance studio.

btw, Raven Kwan, another cast member of Young & Dangerous, also lives in Toronto. he's a real gangster in a local Unionville triad gang called the Gong Lok.

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I thought the last one was one of the more interesting one because they mix politics with the movies.

Also they international flare with Japanese, Taiwanese with Hong Kong.
    That's the reason why I didn't like it.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I was wondering have the comic ended for this series?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

btw, Raven Kwan, another cast member of Young & Dangerous, also lives in Toronto. he's a real gangster in a local Unionville triad gang called the Gong Lok.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? How do you know about this?
    I’m beggin you please, give us one more try
    You know we were so good together
    Girl I need a kiss
    Not a kiss goodbye
    A memory, now and ’til forever

Quote Originally Posted by Ho_Nam
    btw, Raven Kwan, another cast member of Young & Dangerous, also lives in Toronto. he's a real gangster in a local Unionville triad gang called the Gong Lok.

Are you sure? How do you know about this?

what do you think?
    my pops knows the guy. in fact, he's not the only real triad member in the cast. Lee Siu-Kei and Ng Chi-Hung were triad members. and note that Ng Chi-Hung WAS a triad member. he publicly stated on an interview with Dodo Cheng a long time ago that he's retired from the triads and focusing on films now.

heck, even Chan Wai-Man (who played Camel in Young & Dangerous 3) was a triad member.

I think the Prequel and Those Were The Days(Chicken's story) was the best. B4 I was really into the series but looking back, it just seemed stupid. I think my days of fantazing as a goo wak jai is over.

cool man..i love this so much

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda
    I think the Prequel and Those Were The Days(Chicken's story) was the best. B4 I was really into the series but looking back, it just seemed stupid. I think my days of fantazing as a goo wak jai is over.

have you been reading some of the earlier posts? the final Y&D related movie was "Born to be King".

Quote Originally Posted by tinlunlau
    have you been reading some of the earlier posts? the final Y&D related movie was "Born to be King".
    i second that. i believe i read somewhere, although you can check out http://lovehkfilm.com for the review and maybe a reference was there about "Born to be King" sequel to Y&D. *too lazy to check it out* :EDIT: i did check it out and yes, the reference is there and it's the seque::
    ---------
    Shellie

'Born to be king' was terrible. The main villain, that scrawny looking guy just looked funny. The scene where he 'shows his true colours', shoutingat his henchman was supposed to seem 'badass' but was just laughable. And then the last scene where they're standing on the car facing each other...hah! Ekin could have breathed on him and he would have fallen over.
    It seems like in every Y&D, one of them gets framed and has to go into hiding, then he resurfaces to take revenge.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

gosh!!! this movie did not let me sleep for days.... and until now i kept searching about them!!! ekin cheng and jordan chan are soooo hot!!!!!!!!!!! daym!!!!!

UHHMM... ANYBODY CAN HELP ME FiND A CHEAPER PRiCE FOR THE FULL SET OF YOUNG AND DANGEROUS??? LiKE 1-13 OR 1-15????

These series where soo cool, i loved them all. Yeah Ekin and Jordan where always so hot. i like Sandra in these series. It was really good to see a chick gangster leader sorta thing. i didn't really like her playing the Golden Chicken series.

The thing that annoyed me most in these series was when some of the actors esp. Roy Cheung get killed in a particular series, they will reappear again in another series.
    Heroes :: raymond , bosco, ron, roger, johnny depp, ryan reynolds and ronald cheung

IDOLS :: jessica alba, tavia, myolie, miriam yeung, selena li, natalie tong and bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    These series where soo cool, i loved them all. Yeah Ekin and Jordan where always so hot. i like Sandra in these series. It was really good to see a chick gangster leader sorta thing. i didn't really like her playing the Golden Chicken series.

The thing that annoyed me most in these series was when some of the actors esp. Roy Cheung get killed in a particular series, they will reappear again in another series.
    THAT ANNOYS MEE TOO!!!! BUT iS ALL GOOD! THEY WERE ALL GOOD ACTORS THO!!! i JUST DONT LiKE ALL THE BAD CHARACTERS LiKE CROW AND TiGER.. i REALLY HATE CROW(THO DONT REALLY NOE HiS NAME ) ESPECiALLY WHEN HE KiLLED SMARTiE(GiGi LAi) THEN HE APPEARED iN BORN TO BE KiNG BEiNG A BAD CHARACTER AGAiN.. HAHA... BUT iT iS REALLY A GOOD MOViE!!!!!!!

Smile

I simply loved all the Y & D movies. Also Those were the Days, Legend of Dai Fei, Hung Hing Sap Sam Mui were great too. But i'd not touched them for years now... jus laying in my cupboard coz i'm more into series.

I thought 1-3 were good. Then it went downhill.
    Swifty, Writing