Thread: All the HSDS endings

Default All the HSDS endings

I'm curious to know how many different HSDS endings there are, including both novel and the adaptations.

What i know so far...
    There are 2 editions to JY's HSDS.

And there are arnd 4-6 HSDS filmed so far since the first one filmed in 1979.

HSDS79: The ending is supposedly the saddest one whereby Zhao Min fell off the cliff and something about indecisive Wuji

HSDS 2003: Zhaomin and Wuji get together and go to Ice Fire Island.

Will someone enlighten me about the other endings of HSDS ? Adaptations or novels both

Default the other two

i did not read the novels. u are right about the hsds79 and hsds2003 ending. the endings for the other series which i watch - hsds86 and hsds2000.

hsds 86 - zzr became a nun. zwj and zm together.
    hsds2000 - zzr lost her memory, with sqs. zwj and zm together.

since hsds79, all series end with zwj+zm together. actually, i just learnt that there were re-shoots of hsds79 endings whereby zm was saved and zm+zwj together (in liza wang's thread - under actresses). changes are often made for zzr. one day, i think she and zwj can be together.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    i did not read the novels. u are right about the hsds79 and hsds2003 ending. the endings for the other series which i watch - hsds86 and hsds2000.

hsds 86 - zzr became a nun. zwj and zm together.
    hsds2000 - zzr lost her memory, with sqs. zwj and zm together.

since hsds79, all series end with zwj+zm together. actually, i just learnt that there were re-shoots of hsds79 endings whereby zm was saved and zm+zwj together (in liza wang's thread - under actresses). changes are often made for zzr. one day, i think she and zwj can be together.

but wats the official novel jin ypng written endings.

Default according to rabadi

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=9368

in the book (1st edition) it was definitely that ZM did not die. The story in the book ended with ZM telling ZWJ about the third wish. = hsds2000.

I have not read the 2nd edition (much less the 3rd edition ), but I think in the 2nd edition it is still the same, except that ZZR suddenly came up or something.
    =hsds2003 where zzr asked zwj to promise her a task where she will let him know one day.

so far, two editions of jy's hsds. third edition (note by trinie) on the way.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=189

Referring to this post by "Du Gu seekign a win"

First Edition Ending:
    ZZR accompanied ZWJ to Wudang. There, Z3F eventually
    confronted her, pointing a sword directly at her, saying that he could not let Guo Xiang's legacy end so disasterously with the sect relying on the cruel martial arts that she so flamboyantly showed off earlier for supremacy.

ZZR in return asked ZWJ what sect he belonged to. ZWJ admitted that although he learnt martial arts from many different sources, he didn't really belong to any. Since it would not be violating any rules of the martial world, ZZR asked him to take over as head of the E Mei sect as well as the Ming cult, invoking her last wish.

ZWJ eventually agreed, receiving a martial-arts manual containing Guo Xiang's martial arts and the two broken halves of the Heavenly sword. ZWJ moved to E Mei, sending a letter abdicating from the head of the Ming cult, whilst ZZR became a nun.

The story ended with ZM invoking her last wish for ZWJ to outline her eyebrows, and ZWJ promising to do that for her every day from then on.

Second Edition:

The revised ending had ZWJ leaving from Wudang, getting duped by Zhu Yuan Zhang into abdicating, then the request for eyebrow outlining.

However, the story ended on a darker note, with ZZR showing up, saying that she 'might think of a wish on the day of his wedding with ZM'.

So, were there only 4 adaptation of the novel so far ?
    HSDS79, 86, 2000 and 2003 ?

Default thank notpro for posting more details about the hsds novel e

ending.
    there should be more adaptions, bcos there is one hsds in the 1960s, plus taiwanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notpro

and more different endings
    TaZzY InC

There was also the movie: Kungfu Cult Master (Lord of Wudang)
    However, the movie only filmed part I where it ends ZM flies out of Wudang after asking him for three wishes.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=189

First Edition Ending:
    ZZR accompanied ZWJ to Wudang. There, Z3F eventually
    confronted her, pointing a sword directly at her, saying that he could not let Guo Xiang's legacy end so disasterously with the sect relying on the cruel martial arts that she so flamboyantly showed off earlier for supremacy.

ZZR in return asked ZWJ what sect he belonged to. ZWJ admitted that although he learnt martial arts from many different sources, he didn't really belong to any. Since it would not be violating any rules of the martial world, ZZR asked him to take over as head of the E Mei sect as well as the Ming cult, invoking her last wish.

ZWJ eventually agreed, receiving a martial-arts manual containing Guo Xiang's martial arts and the two broken halves of the Heavenly sword. ZWJ moved to E Mei, sending a letter abdicating from the head of the Ming cult, whilst ZZR became a nun.

The story ended with ZM invoking her last wish for ZWJ to outline her eyebrows, and ZWJ promising to do that for her every day from then on.
    W00t!!! Go Z3F!!! Why did ZZR accompany ZWJ to Wudang in the first place?

I guess the only one that came close to this ending was the Taiwanese adaptation with Kathy Chow. But she goes there to challenge Z3F as her martial arts had actually advanced beyond ZWJ. Eventually he feigns death to make her revert back to her original innocence and she hands over E-Mei leadership to ZWJ.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Default u mean that jet li show?

to me, it's a total flop. never seen a zwj so eager for power. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    There was also the movie: Kungfu Cult Master (Lord of Wudang)
    However, the movie only filmed part I where it ends ZM flies out of Wudang after asking him for three wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    I guess the only one that came close to this ending was the Taiwanese adaptation with Kathy Chow. But she goes there to challenge Z3F as her martial arts had actually advanced beyond ZWJ. Eventually he feigns death to make her revert back to her original innocence and she hands over E-Mei leadership to ZWJ.
    Well, I haven't watched that adaptation yet, but you said that her martial arts advanced beyond ZWJ? That does not sound close to the novel at all.

there was also the Taiwan 84 and 94
    the 84 is really unpopular. I don't think anyone have ever watch it beside me , it is like it doesn't even existed. but it really close to the novel except for the 86
    Last edited by TaiHan; 10-19-04 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    there was also the Taiwan 84 and 94
    the 84 is really unpopular. I don't think anyone have ever watch it beside me , it is like it doesn't even existed. but it really close to the novel except for the 86
    Hey Taihan, Do you know the endings for those versions of HSDS though ?

Hey Taihan, Do you know the endings for those versions of HSDS though ?
    I haven't watch 94, just heard about it.

the ending for 84 is really mess up, ZZR got kill by SQS(by accident he was aimming for ZWJ, at this time SQS was like cripple due to the battle at the Lion Gathering). after that SQS commited sucide. ZZR before dying tell where the 9 Yin, XL18Z, and Yue Fei's war manual is, then she die. ZWJ tell the bat king to give the 6 Holy Fire Scepters and Yue Fei's war manual to Yang Xiao, so he can become the next leader. the Yue Fei's war manual was then given to that guy who take ZWJ(when he was a kid) to the butterfly valley.

ZWJ and ZM buried ZZR, and burned the 9 Yin, XL18Z at her tomb also. ZM then asked ZWJ to her draw eyebrows. They were wearing peasant's clothes also.

Default wow, so dramatic

my goodness, zzr died in this taiwanese version. possibly for those fans who cry when zm jumped from the cliff in the 79 version. sob sob sob.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    I haven't watch 94, just heard about it.

the ending for 84 is really mess up, ZZR got kill by SQS(by accident he was aimming for ZWJ, at this time SQS was like cripple due to the battle at the Lion Gathering). after that SQS commited sucide. ZZR before dying tell where the 9 Yin, XL18Z, and Yue Fei's war manual is, then she die. ZWJ tell the bat king to give the 6 Holy Fire Scepters and Yue Fei's war manual to Yang Xiao, so he can become the next leader. the Yue Fei's war manual was then given to that guy who take ZWJ(when he was a kid) to the butterfly valley.

ZWJ and ZM buried ZZR, and burned the 9 Yin, XL18Z at her tomb also. ZM then asked ZWJ to her draw eyebrows. They were wearing peasant's clothes also.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    my goodness, zzr died in this taiwanese version. possibly for those fans who cry when zm jumped from the cliff in the 79 version. sob sob sob.
    but this verison is the only verison, I liked ZZR, she seemed more stressed out with her promise to her master and knowing that she was wrong; of course this was expressed right before she died. She seemed more good in here than the other verisons.