Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Merger Between MCS and SPH Mediaworks

Thumbs down Dirty Game

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan
    Thanks Wuchang for the postings. I feel sad for those retrenched.... very sad.... it's true... it's heartwrenching, whether I like them or not...

I'm speechless...

Saw the U mag of Ann Kwok's cover on my table.... suddenly i realised y Shaun never on the cover all the while since Yi Xin Ren.... no interview ... totally zero... and now i heard that U mag will continue to function after the merger ... mayb it answered my doubt.... THEY DARE NOT TO INTERVIEW SHAUN else will offend Mediaorp...

Wat's a dirty game... they knew Shaun was OUT all the while ????? and dun bother/dare to interview him...

Perhaps they saw this and will try to prove that i am wrong, so u guys can see Shaun on Cover(my last effort for Shaun,s fans ya! )..... but if i was Shaun...wat 's the point to interview me now?

Hey!I have decided to boycott Stars Award 2004! Wont watch on the actual day, watch only the repeated version ... anyone bother to join me? In order to show my 抗议,since it's not allow to hold banner and stand outside MediaCorp to protest
    hahaha... let the rating drop... but i doubt it will affect even 0.001of the show...
    Just a silly wild wild suggestion...
    Last edited by november; 12-09-04 at 09:01 PM.
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

Thumbs down Obviously Dirty Game

Yes MC just being obvious not taking Shaun in.....
    well I agreed with eyeo view....should groom those talents!!!! but MC just being stupid stupid stupid....well we can protest...by not watching their channel....so i will subsribe to SCV in Jan'05 HAHAHAHA

Wow give applause to sotona...i like your suggestion...get to meet Shaun b4 he goes back to Malaysia...but if Michelle Chia is his galfren mayb he might stay in sgp lor!

Mayb someone can try calling Ufm100.3 to protest or to give pass msg to Shaun tell him to read our threads haha i know im naive hor
    Last edited by Catlau; 12-09-04 at 10:39 PM.

I read the Mediacorp forum.. Huang Shiyu wants to go into singing and Cheryl Chin will be going US... these weren't exactly, sacked, but their contracts ended and weren't renewed. Anyway Hu Wensui and Shi Bin hardly got to do anything, even if they did they were only little extras. Better for them to leave I guess.

And I remember reading about both the contract issue and the OX issue in Life.. No offence to anyone but OX seems to be their precious baby whom they're grooming to be the next Ah Jie. Look at all the roles she gets to do, when there are so many others they can use.

Yeah, they're capable of doing much worse to Shaun. Sign him on then put him into cold storage for the rest of his contract. Or give him lousy roles.

Anyway did MW even let Benjamin Ng sign a contract yet? If he didn't, that probably explains why he's not in.

Thumbs down OX

Yes OX is a bitcxxxxxx....maybe she interested in Shaun but Shaun not interested in her so she no face so she created the stupid hurmous....
    OX just acting cute and her voice is like a mouse so so so dannnn....

Why never hear other actresses complain about Shaun when they having kissing scene with Shaun????

Lousy MC........
    Last edited by Catlau; 12-09-04 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    Those not offered contracts

1. Chen Huihui
    2. Peter Yu
    3. Ericia Lee
    4. Shaun Chen
    5. Bernard Tan
    6. Ann Poh

Mediacorp really dislike Shaun Chen.....

Another surprise is Ezann Lee. She's staying but her older sister is leaving.
    UGHHH! They are huge @#^%$*@%! I wanted sooooo much to see Shaun Chen again in another tv series. Ughh!
    Shaun Chen is da best!

Quote Originally Posted by november
    Hey!I have decided to boycott Stars Award 2004! Wont watch on the actual day, watch only the repeated version ... anyone bother to join me? In order to show my 抗议,since it's not allow to hold banner and stand outside MediaCorp to protest
    hahaha... let the rating drop... but i doubt it will affect even 0.001of the show...
    Just a silly wild wild suggestion...
    I WON'T WATCH MEDIACOCK AGAIN!!

I won't even watch the repeated version!!!
    Shaun Chen is da best!

Quote Originally Posted by jadegalz
    I WON'T WATCH MEDIACOCK AGAIN!!

I won't even watch the repeated version!!!
    So what ?
    it won't affect anything
    Not even if you're one of those they polled to get their stats and ratings..

Anway, all mediacrap cares about is $$$$$..
    therefore, their Archilles heel is the advertisers....

Boycotting the advertiser's service/goods and making it known(to the advertisers) hurts them alot more than protest and not watching their programs.

You wan to see shuan on TV ?
    Like I say, Medicrap is all about $$$$$..
    Convince the Sponsors/advertisers first ,covinced them that their sales would SOAR b'cos of shaun..,and Mediacrap would put Shaun's face all over the Channels to chase those advertising $$..

afterall , PSB's insistence of having chen Shu cheng as Host for PSB nite is what kept him on the payroll all these years....

So.. what about Channel I?

No more Channel I?
    Shaun Chen is da best!

The only thing I recall liking about Channel I is Durian King and thats over anyway.

Angry

Hah..of cos we noe that just with a little bit less of the rating may not affect MC at all...cos there r tonnes of artistes in MC, n their fanbase definitely bigger...but well... we hv all decided to boycott MC unless just for a few shows that we mite really really want to watch... not just for this incident but since long ago, we felt sad for them sending tonnes and tonnes of potentials to Cold Storage..n how many actually break free?

Monopoly doesnt give them the right to do anything they want... it doesnt mean that they will have 100% viewership as well...there's still the SCV Cable... how abt ALL switching to that? I think they play better stuff than our MC here,who only plays long expired shows and nv play much hk or tw or even jap or korean shows... without mediaworks, i doubt i mite ever get to watch all those shows that i had on channel u...

Even for mi this kinda late-fan-of-shaun, i can see what they are doing is exactly revengeful... n it's PERSONAL...it's just like "this-is-what-u'll-get-for-defying-me" attitude.. they can easily groom or crush u, that is to sae... Oh yeah? They better not regret....cos they shd have foresight than to be so subjective....

n im feeling sad for The 4 newbies cos 2 of them werent even given a chance to polish their roles...n the other 2 had been here for at least 3 yrs...but i think hu wen sui's acting is not bad though he's always not the main lead... remember his role in Bao Zi Dan? To be that popular in MC is not easy without that "Money-rolling" face... or that little bit of X-Factor...even 715 took 5 years before he really becomes popular... Even the Alarn Tern, Terence Cao, Vincent Ng that i like, i realised...sometimes they oso not given v nice roles to act...wat to do? So many stars are being wasted there, in my opinion... that's why alot of them including ann kwok left for overseas...but well, they dint make it big, did they?

Yes, no wonder they havent been featuring shaun for quite some time.. i regretted not keeping even the only imag that i had him on the cover... n nv buy all his featured umags... i doubt he would even wanna be interviewed...

Imagine the feeling of being "sacked" twice...would anyone still wanna stay here? I donoe, i wish he could but provided he got into the other production companies.. When he make it big someday overseas, MC had better not regretted their Irrational decision now... Even Thomas Ong was forced to leave so many years ago....

I do wish that michelle chia is his gf though...at least she can show him some support...but to separate couples like this, is a very 哲恶 thing to do...

I donoe, but seems like there r some forums available on the net that claims to be shaun's official fanclub...so which is real? Maybe we can try leaving some posts there or even send him some email? haha but i donoe what's his email though..

There hasnt been any report regarding shaun, up till this moment..except for that small small blurb on the left of the article provided by wuchang..

N i was waiting for the vcd of 易心人...cos i tot they will produce mah for the big production.. How would anyone noe that MW would close down so soon? When we thot they have just started doing well, by holding the Idol competition n having big productions like Changing Lanes? Though i can see from the show that, they have a tight budget though.. Y should Channel U even bother to let Shaun be the male lead if he has no potential? It's tedious for both the artistes and the audience to go through 28 long episodes, if he has no substance in the 1st place at all... Darren Lim's role was also being very well played... n i feel that Shaun n Ann do have some chemistry as the roles of a couple.... but well, too bad, i dont even dare to hope for them to repeat that show...

We're only left with Zero....even if he appears for a few minute seconds, i dont think anyone will mind yah?

All i can sae is THERE'S NO FUTURE IN SINGAPORE SHOWBIZ...

Beg to differ? Prove me wrong then....

All the star search's champions...most of them i shd sae, are oso in Cold Storage.. y y y does MC hold this bi-annually event then?

Im old enuff to noe that im not being irrational or personal... i oso feel the pinch for alot other artistes, but wat can we do for them? we arent the top mgmt in MC..

But wat can we do? It's a fact that we cant change cos we dont have the trump card.. even Streats is goner now.. i pity all the editors who had put in so much effort.. in my opinion, i prefer streats to Today....

I'M JUst very upset that they are ruining such a talent of his future...but well, how good can his future be if he has such petty employers? N like wat u guys said, its better than letting him sit on the "COld stool"... but sometimes, there were some who persevere eventually got out of cold storage...but thats provided, they can tahan that long amount of time..

n sad to sae... i think only xie shao guang and huang bi ren are the only good n natural ones ard in their acting... but even he is getting out of showbiz soon...

So... i donoe... it may not be a bad thing to be retrenched anyway.. at least it doesnt waste their time in pursuing nothing in singapore... overseas market then, though it will be really really hard....

But well Shaun, we'll support u no matter wat decision u make.. We noe u love acting, so even if u pursue ur career somewhere else, we'll still be there..
    Last edited by sotona; 12-09-04 at 11:45 PM.

Thumbs up Sotona

Hey u r so right...anyway YES we (Shaun's fan) will support him all the way no matter what he choose next.... maybe we can email to sph to Ufm100.3???

Quote Originally Posted by Catlau
    Hey u r so right...anyway YES we (Shaun's fan) will support him all the way no matter what he choose next.... maybe we can email to sph to Ufm100.3???
    Does that Mean you'll buy anything from Him ???

Wah... someone better hired him as a salesperson..

I never liked Shaun very much, but I was hoping they'd rehire him cos I'm sick of 715. Good thing is, it's not likely they're unleash the horrors of HV2 upon us. I didn't mind HV, but sequels to long running serials are likely to suck.

I doubt Ouxuan had so much clout. Shaun like Ericia must have offended the big guns when he turned down the 1 year contract.

Frankly, call me naive, I do not believe this is the last for him.Perhaps in times of uncertainties, one must adopt Dicky Cheung's attitude. This man's career has seen more falls dan rises and look where he is now? It is because he has talent, he has fans, he does every role to the best of his abilities and he gave himself no second option; it's either acting or nothing. I was a bit disappointed by Shaun's reaction, maybe he felt pain when he was interviewed but the words used were kinda lame. He should have said, I will not go back to Malaysia, I will pursue other offers, acting is my only career option. He just doesn't seem determined at all.

Hopefully Michelle Chia, how is a veteran in this business will talk some sense into him OR maybe he does have plans, but he doesn't want to reveal it just yet.

There's still Yummy Yummy, and I hope he will do well there. Sometimes like Gallen Lo who took 11 long years to get where he is today and I doubt he said he had other options. You just got to stick in this business, likeROger Kwok who from groomed male lead to second liner now back to ah-kor status, there are ups and downs. But through all these years my support for Roger never wavered.

Likewise with Shaun, I hope he will make a decision that will benefit not just him but us. No use going back toMalaysia selling spectacles and all. No use coming back here to act in local productions, because there are no local productions worth spending 11 long years to hope for a breakthrough. I feel he should stay back in HK, try his luck there. Money may be an issue and I hope he won't make money as an issue.

Shaun, don't let me see you in KL unless for acting assignments. I swear I will walk right up to you and give you a peace of my mind.

As for MediaCorp, they're adopting the TVB stance; that they have the power to make or break you. TVB used to say that many years ago, that "If you don't like to watch our channels, then switch to another". And I was told that their ratings dropped because many switched to ATV (now also dying). It proves we the viewers can make or break them too. Is MediaCorp's series that good that you must watch no matter what? If they're not worth you time, switch.

I am deeply disappointed and offended by MediaCorp, not because of Shaun alone but officially these people were not offered a contract because they're of no use to MediaCorp, that their value aren't valuable. After all you must retain talent, that has the capabilities of being better. Maybe their salary is an issue but I doubt it.Many were retrenched, and I think they may or may not given these individuals an explanation. How can old timers can add no value to the company? How can Shaun, a rising potential is not worth investing and grooming? It makes no sense.

Anyway Shaun was there to get that small envelope issit? Any pictures of him there?

Whatever it may be, I always believe having good looks, and a talent can get you anywhere. It is a matter of luck, feng shui and determination. Shaun may be a bit down on his luck these days, feng shui wise he can change but he must have determination. If he gives up so easily, and return to Malaysia and live a life without ever realising his potential (and that goes for any and everybody out there),I feel it is a life wasted and I would have wasted all my effort in typing all these words, for supporting him and for believing in him.

I hope he is a fighter.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Maybe we should all just give the new company the benefit of the doubt. Sigh. Other artistes jumped over but were signed back.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Maybe we should all just give the new company the benefit of the doubt. Sigh. Other artistes jumped over but were signed back.
    No benefit of the doubt. If they had taken everybody back, maybe but not like this. It is personal!
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

yes, no more channel i. last day 31 dec.
    Quote Originally Posted by jadegalz
    So.. what about Channel I?

No more Channel I?

imo, the reason for not renewing the new channel u staff is quite common in the corporate world. it is because the new staff left under the new mediacorp management. hence, allowing them to come back is like shooting own legs. like the new staff are very valuable and indispensable. the new staff is correct in leaving, etc etc.

older staff like kym, bryan, ix, are fine because they left under the old mediacorp management. if everything goes fine, then new management staff gets credit for asking them back. if nothing goes wrong, then blame on old management staff for failing to nuture them.

Hm... pretty smart.

Maybe you Shaun fans should forgive them first. He might decide to go HK and have a better career there. Eileen Yeow used to be one of the Miss Singapore right? She looks like she's doing fine there..

I just wana say if MC didnt want Shaun it's hard for him to stay here...MC has the power to groom a person (MC head hunt Shaun)but also has the power to ruin a person (not signing Shaun)...just like having star search yet not renewing them. Well maybe not OX alone perhaps Shaun had offended someone in MC but anyway is the fact now that he won't be in Singapore showbiz...and all of us here protesting but will Shaun get our messages????