Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Merger Between MCS and SPH Mediaworks

What can more can we say about Mediacrop??? They are very very very very very.. .... ... .. petty!
    Lets boycott channel 8 and write in to newspaper :P
    Anyway, since channel U started, I seldom watch channel 8 shows, 1 reason, their production sux!!!
    Kinda dissapointed over the merger, alot ppl arent going over. The guy in "Qi Zheng Neng Yi" hmm I think is Benjamin Heng was scaked too.. .. I think mediacrop really got some problem. ... forget it!
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Quote Originally Posted by GuangRong
    Does that Mean you'll buy anything from Him ???

Wah... someone better hired him as a salesperson..
    Of course I will buy anything from him if he is.....BUT I don't think Shaun will want to be a saleman here.....no way no matter how much they will offer to employ him.....

Articles from last night's Wanbao. ( 联合晚报 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img95.exs.cx/img95/446/scmcwanbao0912045un.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img56.exs.cx/img56/2516/tcontract0912044be.th.jpg')

According to the report, 5 artistes are offered what they call “ 部头约 " part time contract?? There are different types of such contracts. One type may pay a monthly salary, another may pay according to the number of episodes filmed.

The 5 artistes are Li Wenhai, Lina Ng, Chen Huihui, Shaun Chen and Liu Qiulian. All is not lost. The 5 artistes have expressed interest and will decide after looking through the details of the contract.

Another thing to take note of, the 20 artistes that were offered full contracts, not all have decided whether they will crossover to the new company. They have one week to consider. So we might still lose some faces.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img89.exs.cx/img89/7081/godfathermanshusum8lh.jpg')

Man Shu Sum seems to be a very well liked boss. Chen Huihui mentioned him in the article I've posted before this. He's crossing over from Mediaworks to Mediacorp TV to take on an advisor role. Many artistes both in Mediaworks and Mediacorp, past and present had openly expressed respect for him. Hope he continues to stay in the new company.

in the beginning, channel u had the right strategy. knowing that it cannot compete for local flavour, it shows tvb/overseas production, like kindred spirit and concentrate on variety shows. then mediacorp decides to do the same thing. now, with the merger, i hope that channel 8 will concentrate on local production and channel u on overseas production/variety show.
    Quote Originally Posted by JunBao
    What can more can we say about Mediacrop??? They are very very very very very.. .... ... .. petty!
    Lets boycott channel 8 and write in to newspaper :P
    Anyway, since channel U started, I seldom watch channel 8 shows, 1 reason, their production sux!!!
    Kinda dissapointed over the merger, alot ppl arent going over. The guy in "Qi Zheng Neng Yi" hmm I think is Benjamin Heng was scaked too.. .. I think mediacrop really got some problem. ... forget it!

many public, like me, respect him a lot too. during zoe tay's wedding, it was well reported that many mediacorp stars, if not all, went to say "hi" to him.

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    [IMG]Man Shu Sum seems to be a very well liked boss. Chen Huihui mentioned him in the article I've posted before this. He's crossing over from Mediaworks to Mediacorp TV to take on an advisor role. Many artistes both in Mediaworks and Mediacorp, past and present had openly expressed respect for him. Hope he continues to stay in the new company.

According to the report, 5 artistes are offered what they call “ 部头约 " part time contract?? There are different types of such contracts. One type may pay a monthly salary, another may pay according to the number of episodes filmed.

The 5 artistes are Li Wenhai, Lina Ng, Chen Huihui, Shaun Chen and Liu Qiulian. All is not lost. The 5 artistes have expressed interest and will decide after looking through the details of the contract.
    Another thing to take note of, the 20 artistes that were offered full contracts, not all have decided whether they will crossover to the new company. They have one week to consider. So we might still lose some faces.
    So mean Shaun might stay???? I bought xin min but never say about this at all..... so today i will buy wanbao instead.

Shaun is a PR now so just keep our finger cross that he will accept what MC has offered him ---- maybe bcos Shaun has alot of supporter so MC add him in... b4 MC say they will offer 4 person (part-time contract) but now become 5....
    Last edited by Catlau; 12-10-04 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlau
    So mean Shaun might stay???? I bought xin min but never say about this at all..... so today i will buy wanbao instead.
    Not really
    部头约 , as the name implies is a contract on project by project basis

Unlike Full-time artiste ,whom enjoy the full benefits of an employee and a fixed salary..

But then again, since the 部头约 artiste is not an Employee of Medicacrap, so he're free to persue any other projects . (actually Good for an artitste in a competitive market , but bad for an artiste in Singapore)

Though it is a stepping stone to a full-time contract..

Well whether is a full time contract or part time contract at least we still can get to see Shaun....

Hm. Someone pointed out it was surprising that Ericia Lee is out but her sister Ezann is in. Perhaps Mediacorp wants new blood.

Also, I agree that it's really nonsense that veterans such as Li Wenhai are out. I'd like to know what crossed their minds when they decided on who would be in/out.

And someone asked if the old City Beat would be back. I've read somewhere, coming from Sharon Au's interview in 8 days if I don't recall wrongly, that there MIGHT BE A CHANCE that the old city beat cast would return to our screens. But now that Lina Ng's not part of the 'in' list... I'm not so sure anymore.
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img95.exs.cx/img95/446/scmcwanbao0912045un.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img56.exs.cx/img56/2516/tcontract0912044be.th.jpg')

Good news, I consider this good news. Many artistes opt for part time basis as in series per series basis, because this will enable them to accept offers from various companies. But for newbies, this is not secure. But for Shaun this may be good news. Often being paid episode per episode means

1. you're famous,
    2. more money since by salary may be lower

Is Shaun's name mentioned by the newspaper or by mediacorp tv themselves? Becauise someone said only 4 were mentioned, now there are 5.

Anyway most famous faces at TVB adopts this approach, and I hope Shaun will just sign that bloody contract. HEY!! We have successfully gave Shaun a second llease of life. I mean it could be our protests you know. So now 5 got this contract, what about the rest? Really pack their bags and go home?

I believe the former boss may have something to do with this. Everybody seems to love him and I can see why, he is working hard to give everybody a job.

So there may still be Holland V 2!!

I am very happy.Please any more happy happy news?

Oh yeah, who said Shaun is a PR now?or do you mean he needs a good PR?

WUCHANG, can you translate the one with Shaun's face in it? The whole of it?
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 12-10-04 at 09:14 AM.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Well, i received a sms from mi frend early this noon telling mi that he's offered this kinda 部头约 contract... i donoe if he or we shd be happy abt this...but it still means a 2nd chance... n if he can continue with the tvb productions, he sure has better options... in the meantime, he can consider acting here to pick up the momentum..

Yeah, he dint give a specific reply. perhaps thats y alot of pple think that he's tardy.. but well, some pple wont just tell u anything unless they are v v certain.. i guess all of them need time to digest what is happening and make careful plans for their future... well, its all up to him at the end of the day... cos in singapore, acting can never be a lifelong career, but wat job is nowadays?

Yap, sometimes i wonder y did they retrench so many veterans who really can act? without them, how can the newbies improve without pointers?

so the talent talk works! at least they are listening! part-time contract better than no contract. no commitment better still, can pick and chose if there are overseas offers. tied to their apron strings has setbacks.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eyeo
    so the talent talk works! at least they are listening! part-time contract better than no contract. no commitment better still, can pick and chose if there are overseas offers. tied to their apron strings has setbacks.
    Ya lo ya lo... mayb they took revengve too obviuos, and now they scare liao, better quickly offered Shaun and others part time contract , but will they cast Shaun in their show in the future? Or just to make the public shut up?? Emm.... as a part timer, if no one bother to cast u, then u have no job also....
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

Quote Originally Posted by november
    Ya lo ya lo... mayb they took revengve too obviuos, and now they scare liao, better quickly offered Shaun and others part time contract , but will they cast Shaun in their show in the future? Or just to make the public shut up?? Emm.... as a part timer, if no one bother to cast u, then u have no job also....
    But actually I find that having a part time contract really isn't too good. I mean, it works in places like HK where there are many other opportunities to do other projects rather than only with TVB (eg. movies, ATV or RTHK). But in Singapore, what other opportunities other than mediacorp? Even small private production companies have to rely on MC to promote their productions and survive. In a nutshell, MC is still the big player in small small Singapore market.

So yah lor, call me cynical but I'm worried for those who were offered a part-time contract, especially those who are in a hostile relationship with mediacorp, like you-know-who... As what november said, if no one bother to cast u, u have no job also....
    Last edited by P-Chan; 12-10-04 at 12:49 PM.

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan
    But actually I find that having a part time contract really isn't too good. I mean, it works in places like HK where there are many other opportunities to do other projects rather than only with TVB (eg. movies, ATV or RTHK). But in Singapore, what other opportunities other than mediacorp? Even small private production companies have to rely on MC to promote their productions and survive. In a nutshell, MC is still the big player in small small Singapore market.

So yah lor, call me cynical but I'm worried for those who were offered a part-time contract, especially those who are in a hostile relationship with mediacorp, like you-know-who... As what november said, if no one bother to cast u, u have no job also....
    I am more positive on this one. They will only talk with you when they have a project in mind that is right for him. The fact that they're revealing this now means there is a suitable role for Shaun. I would say this is good, very good. I am feeling so much more better! Thanks in part to my mediciine but more because of this great news.

But this kinda shows MediaCorp's look see look see stance don't you agree? If Shaun does well he will be offered a permanent contract. I pray Yummy Yummy will do well and he gets to be in it from ep 1 to the last.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

My only sorrow is Shaun Chen will be gone!!!

I believe Mediacorp is trying to "gong pao si chou" here..meaning they're not impartial when it comes to work at all.

Among those that are leaving, Ericia Lee might be too consious of the camera and sometimes too stiff, but believe she has the potential. This might be due to anxiety or something. Maybe they shld set up a drama class and recruit her in it, so that she'll improve and do something big. Chen hui hui, li wen hai, hong rong.. never really liked them. But you can see li wen hai and hong rong has good acting skills, together with chen hui hui. Plus, they don really have AP, do they?

Among those that are transfering.. I admit all are quite well.. especially Ann kok, liked her since when i was young. She tried to venture into hong kong but wasnt given much chance. So she slowly entered channel U. But why not channel 8 again? I think Channel U invited her. you guys can always go and read the past articles.. As for wang ai ling, don know much about her, but her acting in yi xin ren is kinda nice, although she really &^%*^(*&^( at this "lin lou". Wonder why. Maybe she over-acted or something.lol.

yeah.. all my 2cents worth. As for above some "whoareyou" de post, its very biased. He/she just bomb whoever he/she don like and end up saying alot of ugly things.

Well, I guess I won't mind seeing both stations' artistes work together like they used to...

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    The only thing I recall liking about Channel I is Durian King and thats over anyway.
    Channel I shows a bunch of great old movies like Red Dawn. At least the movie timings are like 9pm - 11pm.

Channel 5 only shows movies at timings like 7.30pm, when i'm not at home. The only time when i get to watch the full movie was Evolution. I just couldn't reach home on time. I always got to get it down on tape. Sigh.
    Shaun Chen is da best!

Anyway it's a good news about the so called "BU TOE YUE" ! Whatever Ch U or Ch 8 if there is Shaun i will watch.... now we can only wait till everything is finalised and confirmed that Shaun is being offer with that contract.....

PS Funn: The article which Wuchang posted - Shaun said that he already got his PR being of this year.... Wuchang am i right?