Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance in Paris

Default Romance in Paris

I have seen the first three episodes last night and loved it!

It is a mixture of Pretty Woman (without the prostution bit) and Sabrina - the three leads could not be better cast. And it is Paris in spring. A fairy like script where things which would not likely to happen in real life do happen and I'm kind of falling for both of the male leads!

I highly recommend it if you still like fairy tales and enjoyed either of the above mentioned films.

I hope the other episodes do not dissapoint.

sorry that i have to spoil the ending to u . i have read in somewhere they say the ending was stupid it was all of the dream that never had happen. don't be mad at me .

The ending was not a dream.....but I don't want to spoil it for you. But do continue as I don't feel that the ending tarnish the kdrama at all! Overall a very enjoyable ride!

... so far reviews/ feed back i read has been v positive that no way i'll miss it .... since there are so many dramas out these days i m selective in which i want see ....you'll recommend me this il_mare?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_8
    ... so far reviews/ feed back i read has been v positive that no way i'll miss it .... since there are so many dramas out these days i m selective in which i want see ....you'll recommend me this il_mare?
    Yes yes! Pls watch it! I don't really like the script, I don't really like the dialogue, but despite all that it was a great kdrama to watch!

It even received a ratings of 56% at it's height!! How can you miss this?

finished 6 episodes now and I'm still very very happy.

Thank you for not spoiling the ending

I like it very much actually I have seen the whole series 3 times............its for real....

Quote Originally Posted by il_mare
    Yes yes! Pls watch it! I don't really like the script, I don't really like the dialogue, but despite all that it was a great kdrama to watch!

It even received a ratings of 56% at it's height!! How can you miss this?

thanks il_mare ...

I didn't like this drama. Am now in Episode 13 and plowing through. I have temporarily stopped watching...no energy to continue. I reckon the lead actress is more suitable to heavy dramas. I don't like the storyline too. Yup, it achieved 50% rating, good for the series. But I DON"T LIKE THIS SERIES .

I like FULL HOUSE 10X more!

I agree. Full House is so much better. I think I am getting the set of Full House.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

The ending was a 'huh?' moment for me. Actually the last one and a half episodes were unnecessary I guess but since the remainin 90% was georgeous, I'm very happy with my purchase

Park Shin Yang is an actor that I saw in films, I liked his talent and looks then but with this series he is simply excellent.

Also the other main guy was definitely a hottie.

The lead actress was great in both comedic and dramatic moments.

The suppoting cast was also very very good, they were people I have not seen in other series.

SPOILER ENDING!

I finished watching this series last night....I was intrigued with this series since I had read it had a very high rating...I really enjoyed the series...made me laugh in a lot of scenes especially with Tae-Young And Ki-Joo....Just loved Ki-joo's dimples! hahaha...anyway, I just wished they had put a little more romance in the series...I mean some hugging and kissing...there were scenes that I thought they should have hugged and kissed...I guessed Koreans are really so reserved in terms of showing their affections....
    and also the ending was confusing to me....Can anyone give their opinion of the ending? Can't figure out what the scene that she was back as a maid ( I think it was back in Korea already because she was in KI-Joo's table typing at Ki-Joo's apartment) ....then there was this scene that she threw a coin at the fountain and wished to find true love just like in her screenplay then after that the scene of Ki-Joo crashing all her stuff toys in the street...a scene just like when they first met in the beginning of the series....My opinion of the scene was after they met again in Paris...it was a happy ending for them( remember the scene where Tae Young picked up a newspaper where the headline was "GD Motors president finally a happy ending with his fiancee in Paris".) they went back to Korea I guessed married and Tae Young was writing screenplays already....but what about the last scene of crashing the stuff toys and Tae Young said have we met?????it was really so confusing to me....

Hello! Angel and Il Mare!
    Last edited by mbslee; 11-09-04 at 10:11 PM.

I really want to watch this drama too!! but I need English subtitles to understand.

Has anybody brought the DVD with english subtitle? Is the translation good? Any help would be greatly appreicated!

Quote Originally Posted by mbslee
    SPOILER ENDING!

I finished watching this series last night....I was intrigued with this series since I had read it had a very high rating...I really enjoyed the series...made me laugh in a lot of scenes especially with Tae-Young And Ki-Joo....Just loved Ki-joo's dimples! hahaha...anyway, I just wished they had put a little more romance in the series...I mean some hugging and kissing...there were scenes that I thought they should have hugged and kissed...I guessed Koreans are really so reserved in terms of showing their affections....
    and also the ending was confusing to me....Can anyone give their opinion of the ending? Can't figure out what the scene that she was back as a maid ( I think it was back in Korea already because she was in KI-Joo's table typing at Ki-Joo's apartment) ....then there was this scene that she threw a coin at the fountain and wished to find true love just like in her screenplay then after that the scene of Ki-Joo crashing all her stuff toys in the street...a scene just like when they first met in the beginning of the series....My opinion of the scene was after they met again in Paris...it was a happy ending for them( remember the scene where Tae Young picked up a newspaper where the headline was "GD Motors president finally a happy ending with his fiancee in Paris".) they went back to Korea I guessed married and Tae Young was writing screenplays already....but what about the last scene of crashing the stuff toys and Tae Young said have we met?????it was really so confusing to me....

Hello! Angel and Il Mare!
    (SPOILERS)

According to what I read in soompi, as responded by the writers, KJE at the computer writing a story is a different person (let's call her TY2). She is writing a Romance Story about 2 people meeting in Paris (acted by KJE & PSY) as well. When she was leaving the apartment, she saw the newspaper article about Han Ki Joo and Kang Tae Young's wedding and Cinderella Story. So that was how the writers chose to close the chapter on HKJ and KTY.

I think the confusion is that they used the same actors to portray different people. Then they sort of mirrored TY2's scenes like those when TY and KJ first had in Paris. The writer was apparently trying to tell the audience that - see another Cinderella story begins again, and it could be anywhere anytime and it could happen to you.....

I just wish the writers didn't try to be creative about the whole thing as the story was not that creative to begin with.

Question

Dear Il Mare,

l have seen you name in so many places...l am glad, l finally get to 'meet you'. l finished the drama yesterday and honestly l was 'BLUR' and it was 3.30 in the morning. l didnt know what 'hit' me!!! For the 1st time, l dont get the story at all.....

Thank you so much for clarifying.......Does that mean that the initial story that we see is just a 'fiction'.......and the actual one just started in the last episode?

Why on earth did they have to choose same actor and actress to act 2 'dif' story???

l am still confused!!!!

Please help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by il_mare
    (SPOILERS)

According to what I read in soompi, as responded by the writers, KJE at the computer writing a story is a different person (let's call her TY2). She is writing a Romance Story about 2 people meeting in Paris (acted by KJE & PSY) as well. When she was leaving the apartment, she saw the newspaper article about Han Ki Joo and Kang Tae Young's wedding and Cinderella Story. So that was how the writers chose to close the chapter on HKJ and KTY.

I think the confusion is that they used the same actors to portray different people. Then they sort of mirrored TY2's scenes like those when TY and KJ first had in Paris. The writer was apparently trying to tell the audience that - see another Cinderella story begins again, and it could be anywhere anytime and it could happen to you.....

I just wish the writers didn't try to be creative about the whole thing as the story was not that creative to begin with.
    Hi Il Mare! Thanks a lot for that clarification...Now I know the ending...I was figuring it out since last night about that ending...really so confusing...Yeah you are right...they shouldn't have use the same actors acting the 2nd Cinderella Story. It really made a lot of confusion....anyway, it was a really feel good series if you like a romantic love story just like me....BTW, what are the real names of the actors that portrayed Ki-Joo and Tae Young? Ki-Joo really got nice dimples... Tae Young looks beautiful when she has her hair up....don't like her with that curly hairdo....but they both acted well....

Quote Originally Posted by karinem
    Dear Il Mare,

l have seen you name in so many places...l am glad, l finally get to 'meet you'. l finished the drama yesterday and honestly l was 'BLUR' and it was 3.30 in the morning. l didnt know what 'hit' me!!! For the 1st time, l dont get the story at all.....

Thank you so much for clarifying.......Does that mean that the initial story that we see is just a 'fiction'.......and the actual one just started in the last episode?

Why on earth did they have to choose same actor and actress to act 2 'dif' story???

l am still confused!!!!

Please help!!!!
    Hi Karinem....yeah, the ending was really so confusing.....but from what Il Mare said....The story of Tae Young and Ki-Joo is not fiction...It was real and a happy ending for them...It ended when they met again at the fountain in Paris and got married( from the scene where Tae Young2 picked up the newspaper with headline ' GD Motors President, a happy ending with his fiancee in Paris"...That girl who picked up the newspaper according to Il Mare is a different person but was acted out by Tae Young...Yes, they should'nt have use the same actors acting out the 2nd Cinderella Story since it made a lot of confusion to the audience.
    Last edited by mbslee; 11-10-04 at 01:49 AM.

Hi mbslee, yeah....

indeed it was confusing...thanks to il mare, got the clarification..well, come to think of it, then it must be a happy ending. l do think there should be more 'ooomph' in the drama, especially those scenes involving Han Ki Joo and Kang Tae Young..They have so many opportunities to hug and put the head on one's shoulder when they are in trouble or just needed some TLC (tender, loving, care)...The love part was not given enough 'impact' on the viewers...even when they are to say good night to each other, they both seems 'reluctant' and shy......oh my, what a waste.....

However, l did enjoy the part when Tae Young wore the light blue or green dress that Ki Joo bought for her in Paris and invited Ki Joo to dance with her in his apartment (just one day before Tae Young breaks off the engagement)....and she said 'l love you' and went over to kiss Ki Joo....that was wonderful......

Honestly, Korean dramas still have not got the 'ooomph' yet to show the viewers kissing scenes, even hugging for that matter.......

now since l have completed this drama, what shall l watch now??????

Quote Originally Posted by mbslee
    Hi Il Mare! Thanks a lot for that clarification...Now I know the ending...I was figuring it out since last night about that ending...really so confusing...Yeah you are right...they shouldn't have use the same actors acting the 2nd Cinderella Story. It really made a lot of confusion....anyway, it was a really feel good series if you like a romantic love story just like me....BTW, what are the real names of the actors that portrayed Ki-Joo and Tae Young? Ki-Joo really got nice dimples... Tae Young looks beautiful when she has her hair up....don't like her with that curly hairdo....but they both acted well....
    Ah! Let me introduce you to one of my fav actor : Park Shin Yang...and don't get started on dimples, I have enuff friend drooling over this aggie!

He is such a charming and charismatic actor! He has been active and successful in the movie industry and he crosses over to make a kdrama every 2-3 years. Try to catch "The Promise" with Jeon Do Yeon, "Indian Summer" with Lee Mi Yeon, and "The Big Swindle" with Yeom Jung Ah. Or u can catch major drooing at the thread inwww.soompi.com/forums or another PSY thread in http://www.hotelier2002.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2228. If you can read Chinese, he has an unofficial website at www.psy4u.com.

Tae Young is Kim Jung Eun. I have only seen 1 movie by her - Spring Breeze. And she is a successful comic in the movie industry. Another of her famous comic role is "Married to the Mafia". Her previous kdrama works include All About Eve and Sunflower. My only problem with KJE is that her face looked so overdone with plastic surgury. But I enjoy her over the top comic roles, and her exeraggerated expressions is one big contrast to PSY's straight face. They had great chemistry!

Also not forgetting Soo Hyuk - who is played by a very charming and delicious Lee Dong Gun. LDG was in Ruler of your own World, Sweet 18 and Sang-do, let's go to school before landing in Pari.

Quote Originally Posted by karinem
    Hi mbslee, yeah....

indeed it was confusing...thanks to il mare, got the clarification..well, come to think of it, then it must be a happy ending. l do think there should be more 'ooomph' in the drama, especially those scenes involving Han Ki Joo and Kang Tae Young..They have so many opportunities to hug and put the head on one's shoulder when they are in trouble or just needed some TLC (tender, loving, care)...The love part was not given enough 'impact' on the viewers...even when they are to say good night to each other, they both seems 'reluctant' and shy......oh my, what a waste.....

However, l did enjoy the part when Tae Young wore the light blue or green dress that Ki Joo bought for her in Paris and invited Ki Joo to dance with her in his apartment (just one day before Tae Young breaks off the engagement)....and she said 'l love you' and went over to kiss Ki Joo....that was wonderful......

Honestly, Korean dramas still have not got the 'ooomph' yet to show the viewers kissing scenes, even hugging for that matter.......

now since l have completed this drama, what shall l watch now??????
    Hi Karinem! Nice to see u hear here....so where have you been spotting me?

I think altho k movies are daring and experimental, kdrama is on the other end of the scale. The emotions are strong but reserved and controlled, intense but unphysical.

What else to watch? Well if you like sappy kdrama that grip your throat and give you pain, then Damo and Firebird aka Phoenix (Bool Sae) are my recommendations. For unconventional material, I just finish Ruler of your own World and it is really unlike the typical kdrama. The commercially successful Stairway to Heaven has mass appreal.....

Others which I have not seen but in my queue are:
    Full House
    Sweet 18
    We are dating now
    Oh must win! BSY!
    Snow White
    We want to get married (Myung Se Bin)