Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The end of the world is near! (NY vs. Sox)

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    yea, come on. If Cubs fans can get through a disappointing season, so can Yankees fans.
    Cub fans got more experience.

About the question... no team came back from 0-3 in professional league (except 2 teams but in Hockey). That is in Hockey, Maples Leafs and Islanders.

Anyways is a great accomplishment and to do it on the Yanks too. But remember Sox have been to the WS since 1918... 4 times I believe. So until they win it all... I still think the Curse is still active
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    About the question... no team came back from 0-3 in professional league (except 2 teams but in Hockey). That is in Hockey, Maples Leafs and Islanders.

Anyways is a great accomplishment and to do it on the Yanks too. But remember Sox have been to the WS since 1918... 4 times I believe. So until they win it all... I still think the Curse is still active
    I'd rather be known as team that hasn't won a WS since 1918 than as the biggest chokejob ever.

Imagine, some HS out in Kansas several years later. One team's dominating the other, but the coach doesn't want his team to be overconfident. He tells them, "guys, we still have another half to play. you boys, now, don't you get all Yankees on me!" The other coach tells his team, "guys, we still have another half to play. If Red Sox can do it, so can we. It ain't over until the last whistle blows!".

Now repeat for legions of HS, college and pro-teams.

19.18!

19.18!

3.0.Choke!

3.0.Choke!

Mind you I thought yanks cloke too... not sure why they did... could be they got lucky off the start.

I thought the series was pretty well played except the last 2 games... where A Rod did that cheap slap and then the Yanks pitcher get blown away. I also like how in game 7 when pedro came out and the fans just comes alive... at least give some hope to them when yanks got 2 off him.

Anyways it should be a good series, since Tony have coach AL for a long time and he knows how things goes over there. Not sure how Franscio (sp) will handle the Death rows...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ