Thread: Why didn't HR open a restaurant?

Banned

Default Why didn't HR open a restaurant?

HR had a knack for cooking. Why didn't she open a restaurant?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb/legend94/legend06.jpg')
    Last edited by djbadback; 10-20-04 at 04:52 AM.

Default hmm, errrr, eeeeh

perhaps she can't retire like zwj and zm. she has a husband and three kids to take care of. and she has to fight the mongols. maybe if she and gj can retire, then possibly the best job for her is to set up a restuarant. hehe.
    Last edited by wkeej; 10-20-04 at 05:21 AM.

1. She doesn't need the money.
    2. She already has her hands full looking after Begger Clan and Guo Fu (and later the Mo brothers and the twins too).
    3. Running a restuarant is a time cosuming job especially when u r the cook. You can't go anywhere. Better cook for fun.
    4. She need to help Guo Jing fight the Mongols.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-20-04 at 06:04 AM.

Why do people like to ask questions like this?

Is it because they really want to know the answer?
    Or are they just posting for the sake of posting?

Why don't you ask yourself.. if you are good in chemistry. Why don't you become a chemistry teacher? Really, in fact, why don't you pursue a career in everything you are good at?

Default i think such questions

are ok. so long as it did not get too out of hand, which already happened twice today.
    it's like asking people hypothetical questions like "what if zzr grew up in wudang", "what if zzr agree to the postponement of wedding" sorts of question - which we already knew they never happen. such questions allow one to sit down and reflect on the possibilities. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva

Why don't you ask yourself.. if you are good in chemistry. Why don't you become a chemistry teacher? Really, in fact, why don't you pursue a career in everything you are good at?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    are ok. so long as it did not get too out of hand, which already happened twice today.
    it's like asking people hypothetical questions like "what if zzr grew up in wudang", "what if zzr agree to the postponement of wedding" sorts of question - which we already knew they never happen. such questions allow one to sit down and reflect on the possibilities. hehe.
    I think those questions are okay, such as "if zzr grew up in wudang" but questions like why did huang rong not open a restaurant. It's the same as asking. Why did Guo Jing not open a sheep herding farm.. It's simple, they have better things to do.

It's like asking yourself, why do you not be a cook in a restaurant, even if you can cook very well, when you can do something more meaningful with your life. It's the same theory for everyone, in the past, present and future. In reality and fiction.

Besides although you can cook well, it may not be your main interest in life. Thus since you are not that interested in cooking, and you can do other things just as well (how smart is huang rong really), why will she open a restaurant?

Some things are actually common sense, and it really gets exasperating to see people post nonsensical topics over and over again.
    Last edited by foreva; 10-20-04 at 05:56 AM.

Default hmm, eerh, eeee

to quote what jy said,"he as the writer does not know even who zwj really love deep in his heart", can we also assume that perhaps hr really wants to open a restuarant and gj a sheep farm (since he learnt sheep rearing in Mongolia)? human beings are always constrained. e.g. in life, my main interest is to study china history. but can I? bcos of constraints - need to work, etc etc, i can't have my interest. maybe later, i am not sure.

so maybe hr's real interest is to open a restuarant but bcos she is constrained ...
    Last edited by wkeej; 10-20-04 at 06:09 AM.

to quote what jy said,"he as the writer does not know even who zwj really love deep in his heart", can we also that maybe hr also wants to open a restuarant and gj a sheep farm (since he learnt sheep rearing in Mongolia)? human beings are always constrained. e.g. in life, my main interest is to study china history. but can I? bcos of constraints - need to work, etc etc, i can't have my interest. maybe later, i am not sure.

so maybe hr's real interest is to open a restuarant but bcos she is constrained ...
    Indeed you can't do it, but as I said, it is common sense. If you need the money, you will need to work. Thus you can't give up your job just to study historical china.
    Likewise, Huang Rong is the leader of the Beggar Clan and the wife of the hero, Guo Jing. She like you, have her duties, and it is common sense to know that's why she can't open a restaurant. When I brought up the different interests, it was just as an example of the one thousand and one reasons why she did not open a restaurant.

Well, a forum need new topics. People can't just post 'XXX vs YYY' all the time.
    Chill out. No need to get so work up over a harmless topic.

Look at wkeej's reply:

to quote what jy said,"he as the writer does not know even who zwj really love deep in his heart", can we also assume that perhaps hr really wants to open a restuarant and gj a sheep farm (since he learnt sheep rearing in Mongolia)? human beings are always constrained. e.g. in life, my main interest is to study china history. but can I? bcos of constraints - need to work, etc etc, i can't have my interest. maybe later, i am not sure.
    This question can generate interesting reply even though u see it as a useless question.

Default It's not the question itself, it's how you ask it...

A better way of formulating this question would be:

If Huang Rong could have a peaceful life instead of being a beggar Clan leader, what kind of lifestyle or professional career would she pursue, in your opinion?
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Default hmm, eeerh, eee

mmmh, u do sound actually like (can't remember who" in the zwj thread). hehe.
    common $ense? hmm, maybe i dun have and i presume zwj dun have too. hehe.
    [QUOTE=foreva]common sense QUOTE]

Default thank you, lavia

seems that you have more common sense. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan

If Huang Rong could have a peaceful life instead of being a beggar Clan leader, what kind of lifestyle or professional career would she pursue, in your opinion?

Probably *not* a cook. Other than cooking to please the palettes of her father, teacher, husband, and children, it wasn't something that she had a compelling interest in.

Wong Yung seemed to be a born adventurer. Although she's skilled enough for almost any line of work, I can't imagine her choosing to make a career out of anything other than being an adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Well, a forum need new topics. People can't just post 'XXX vs YYY' all the time.
    Chill out. No need to get so work up over a harmless topic.

Look at wkeej's reply:

This question can generate interesting reply even though u see it as a useless question.
    I do agree that new topics need to be posted, and I am actually fine with alot of the topics. I mean the hypothetical topics such as what if zzr stayed at wudang, or what if zwj did not become the ming cult leader are all fine, but these are open for discussion.

But with this question. I'm thinking, why don't you ask Why did HR not cultivate the peach blossoms for sale on peach blossom island? Why don't they start breeding condors for a living? the forum will become very silly, if people keep post these topics will it not?
    HR had a knack for cooking. Why didn't she open a restaurant?
    Besides, I'm sure alot of your moms, or even yourself can cook very well, why don't you ask, why don't you open a restaurant?

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan

Indeed Laviathan, that's definitely a better way of asking an open ended question for discussion.

But with this question. I'm thinking, why don't you ask Why did HR not cultivate the peach blossoms for sale on peach blossom island? Why don't they start breeding condors for a living? the forum will become very silly, if people keep post these topics will it not?
    Oh, I see your concern now.

Default hmm, on the contrary it may make the forum

more lively. e.g. i am running out of thoughts for my favorite topic, hsds. hehe.
    actually, though i can't cook, a fortune teller do predict that i will be a chicken rice seller one day. who knows?

and if it gets out of hand, dun worry, ken will come to the rescue. hehe.

Besides, I'm sure alot of your moms, or even yourself can cook very well, why don't you ask, why don't you open a restaurant?