Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Demitre
    I don't want to, but I probably won't pay much attention to this league, I am more competitive in a lot of other leagues that I got to draft in.l
    Great. Join a league, things dont go your way because you missed the live draft and failed to preset a decent auto draft order.

You missed the Live Draft because you (along with many others) had no input when I asked about draft times. So you're gonna go inactive on us and be a bad owner. I wasn't expect this League to be hardcore competitive but what a great owner you turned out to be.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

I don't want to, but I probably won't pay much attention to this league, I am more competitive in a lot of other leagues that I got to draft in.l
    In that case, wanna trade Peja for Brent Barry? You could help me out by making me a super power...

I wouldn't worry too much... Like I said before, you're just looking on what's on paper and not what everyone's potential is. Expect GP and Boozer to climb up the ranks. So other dudes may surprise you...

I've got a couple of teams in now, and I have to say in the 20 team league, Paul Peirce is my best player, and I even have Primo Berec as a C... So I'm pretty thin there... But know what? I'm going still have fun and be a pain in the butt...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    Great. Join a league, things dont go your way because you missed the live draft and failed to preset a decent auto draft order.

You missed the Live Draft because you (along with many others) had no input when I asked about draft times. So you're gonna go inactive on us and be a bad owner. I wasn't expect this League to be hardcore competitive but what a great owner you turned out to be.
    Well you guys changed it so much, the last update I saw was Monday before I went out. And I didn't worry about the predraft until before the actual draft because I didn't want to deal with it since I planned to be there anyways.

And the bad team is not the worst thing, it is just amplified by the fact that it's not "my" bad team.

In that case, wanna trade Peja for Brent Barry? You could help me out by making me a super power...

I wouldn't worry too much... Like I said before, you're just looking on what's on paper and not what everyone's potential is. Expect GP and Boozer to climb up the ranks. So other dudes may surprise you...

I've got a couple of teams in now, and I have to say in the 20 team league, Paul Peirce is my best player, and I even have Primo Berec as a C... So I'm pretty thin there... But know what? I'm going still have fun and be a pain in the butt...
    I don't want to mess with the balance of the league as it is. It is true that all we can see is the paper value, but that's all we have to base our judgements on now. Half of our players could be injured in the first game, who knows.

This is a 14 team league through, and I am just too thin in C and the front line, and my back field is pretty mediocre. Peja isn't going to have the huge numbers again if Webber stays healthy.

I'll give you Peja and Marshall for Barry and Duncan. If you're so hard up on Boozer, you can substitue in Boozer for Marshall.
    Last edited by Demitre; 11-01-04 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    Every positiion excluding the 3 bench spots, earn you pts whenever they play.
    If bench players don't give u stats, then what exactly do they do?
    ANd why u need 3 spots, dun u think 1 or 2 will be enough.

AND

If i am correct, each position allows u to play a certain amount of games,
    ummm where do u find out how many games u played in tat position?
    since i can't find it.

AND1

Whos who in the LEAGUE since every1 has different names.
    well im ("Uno Elmo")

Your starting line up don't play everyday, so replace them with your bench players when they don't play.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Some names I know :

Me : Wutang Idols
    Eliar : Swiftyholics
    Spooks : 48 Inch Vert
    L1n : Team Lin
    SKYLINE GT-R 32 : Emperorz
    Demitre : SnowBlower
    Long : Black Dragons II
    Crazy8 : Crazy8
    Mini T-Mac : Uno Elmo
    Trix03 : Ultraflights

The rest I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    If bench players don't give u stats, then what exactly do they do?
    ANd why u need 3 spots, dun u think 1 or 2 will be enough.

AND

If i am correct, each position allows u to play a certain amount of games,
    ummm where do u find out how many games u played in tat position?
    since i can't find it.

AND1

Whos who in the LEAGUE since every1 has different names.
    well im ("Uno Elmo")
    1 bench spot is tiny, most leagues have 3+ for a reason. You never know when a player(s) will go down with an injury or be ineffective. That's why you have those 3 players on the bench.

2nd) Everything you need to know is under League Settings. The max game per position is 82, so there's no point in changing your lineup everyday if a player is doing good at a certain position. You would want to save everygame for him, maximizing your 'points' from that player/position.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

I just recently logged onto my fantasy account and I am surprised by which players I got. All I could say is WoW. I am also in another league and these are the players I got:

J. Williams
    R. Murray
    R. Bell
    D. Marshall
    B. Wallace
    B. Miller
    Y. Ming
    R. Lewis
    A. Harrington
    B. Wells
    Ke. Thomas
    D. Anderson
    Z. Ilgauskas

What you guys think? Here are the players I got from this league here at Spcnet:
    A Iverson
    R Hamilton
    J. williams
    A. Walker
    S. Abdur-rahim
    C. Anthony
    Y. Ming
    D. Christie
    W. Green
    E. snow
    D. Miles
    M. Miller

Which do you think is the better team?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeren of all Trades
    I just recently logged onto my fantasy account and I am surprised by which players I got. All I could say is WoW. I am also in another league and these are the players I got:

J. Williams
    R. Murray
    R. Bell
    D. Marshall
    B. Wallace
    B. Miller
    Y. Ming
    R. Lewis
    A. Harrington
    B. Wells
    Ke. Thomas
    D. Anderson
    Z. Ilgauskas

What you guys think? Here are the players I got from this league here at Spcnet:
    A Iverson
    R Hamilton
    J. williams
    A. Walker
    S. Abdur-rahim
    C. Anthony
    Y. Ming
    D. Christie
    W. Green
    E. snow
    D. Miles
    M. Miller

Which do you think is the better team?
    You other league has a better roster.

Better back court in Spcnet league, better frontcourt and bench in your other league.

Guards you have in your other league excluding J.Will are waiver material, Flip Murray is useless, as it Raja Bell.

Spcnet frontcourt average, Walker should put up huge all around numbers while shooting a horrible %, Melo doesn't really do much but score, Rahim is stuck behind Randolph and Miles in Portland dont' expect much from him (if and when he gets traded he can easily be a 20/10 guy) other league's frontcourt kills your Spcnet one easy.
    Last edited by spooks; 11-01-04 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WuTang_Heroes
    Some names I know :

Me : Wutang Idols
    Eliar : Swiftyholics
    Spooks : 48 Inch Vert
    L1n : Team Lin
    SKYLINE GT-R 32 : Emperorz
    Demitre : SnowBlower
    Long : Black Dragons II
    Crazy8 : Crazy8
    Mini T-Mac : Uno Elmo
    Trix03 : Ultraflights

The rest I don't know...
    I'm Get Crunk(ed). One of my stupid friends went in and made a name for me. It was gonna' be B Dizzle, B Diddy, or B Money.

oh crap, i completelly forgot about this.

oh wells.... ima check out my team now.

i'm up for another league with Demitre, i agree with what he says. it is more fun to be at the live draft then having autodraft, i dont know why but this is my 2nd year playing fantasy nba and having to be able to draft makes the game more fun. i'm not saying since you dont like your team and just go ahead and give up, it fun to play with different combinations of other players too since you aint able to draft it yourself.

after looking at the draft result i think long... i think you made a big mistake in taking steve francis over your yoa ming since you seen to like him so much. you know theres no way yoa will come back in the 2nd round for you but steve is maybe will come back. because other guys like paul peice and L.James didnt get pick up til 2nd round, which makes steve even more likey come back to your spot.

anyways.. good luck with the teams everyone and may the best wins.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    i'm not saying since you dont like your team and just go ahead and give up,
    That's exactly what you're saying by quitting. It's okay to just come out and say it, since it's obvious that is your reason.

When I get around to it, I'll probably lock your team so you don't mess the balance of the league.

Long: Aint no way you're getting Alston for Barbosa

wow
    my team blows!

lol at myself for picking brand with first pick when allen, ming, iverson were all available.

meh....

im gonna work hard to get it better.

WHO WANTS ALLAN HOUSTON??

i want devin harris.

Quote Originally Posted by trix03
    wow
    my team blows!

lol at myself for picking brand with first pick when allen, ming, iverson were all available.

meh....

im gonna work hard to get it better.

WHO WANTS ALLAN HOUSTON??

i want devin harris.
    Actually Brand is a top pcik fantasy wise. Like Long said earlier, it's not all about big names but what kind of number they put up.

Brand does everything better than Yao. Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. Not to mention he shoots as good from the field and FT.

Ray Allen is debatable, they put up similar fantasy numbers but since good bigmen are hard to come by Brand wins.

AI shoots a low%, too many TOs to be considered a good 1st rounder.

Brand also gets injured an amazingly amount of the time.

You should regret not picking up J.Oneal and maybe LeBron.
    Last edited by Demitre; 11-02-04 at 01:42 AM.

Brand also gets injured an amazingly amount of the time.

You should regret not picking up J.Oneal and maybe LeBron.
    Compared to the other guys brought up, Brand is a durable guy.

Brand played 68 games, AI 48 games, Ray 56, Yao played all 82 but barely out rebounded and outscored Yao. Brand already had more steals, assists and blocks.

JO is expected to miss the first few games, I'm having no luck trading him in one of my other leagues. Strange you brought up those 2, they were my 1st and 2nd rounders in that league too.

i propose we make another league, except base it under a different scoring setting,

my team sucks
    why won't u people trade t mac and kobe with me

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    i propose we make another league, except base it under a different scoring setting,

my team sucks
    why won't u people trade t mac and kobe with me
    Because anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge knows it's a bad deal.

'tinsley,miller and jason richarson'

Tinsley is a scrub, miller is gone for 6-8 weeks, JRich should have a breakout season but he's not in Kobe and TMac's league.

Mcdyess and Zo for Yao? Mcdyess will be lucky getting 20 mins behind the Wallaces, Zo probably won't play more then 15 mins a game.

One last thing, people who weren't there for the live draft I can understand them saying their team sucks. You were one of the 4 guys actually Live drafting, so if you think you're team sucks you have no one to blame but yourself.
    Last edited by spooks; 11-02-04 at 02:24 AM.

L1n i guess this is the first fantasy league u play so is an ok team but not great.
    if you want trades you should of aim for players with trading vaule instead of players you want cus you are more familiar with them.

tmac is up for trades just offer me a good and reasonable trade.

here i made another league it is in rotisserie type. it is different from spooks head to head type. this one is similiar to head to head but is not weekly, just whoever have the best stats wins at the end of the season. the draft will be some where next week for more ppl to join and deciede on the best time. majority rules in decieding the time. i dont know if this league will be able to start since not alot of nba fans here i hope we can have another league.

league name: spcnet
    password: 12345

to spook making another league does not mean i or anyone that wants another league quits, i'm not a quiter. i like these fantasy stuff i have about 5 leagues already, 3 with my friends and going to be 2 over here. i also play fantasy nfl.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]