Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: <<<<<[- Huang Hai Bing -]>>>>>

Cool <<<<<[- Huang Hai Bing -]>>>>>

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.haibing.com/jhzy/zwbs/zw87a.jpg')

Since I didn't see a thread on Huang Hai Bing and since I'm currently watching one of his series ("Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan"), I thought I would start one for him.

Short Profile:

Name: Huang Hai Bing ( 黄海冰 )
    Birthdate: 7/23/1973
    Astrological sign: Leo
    Chinese zodiac: Ox
    Blood type: B
    Height: 1.85 m
    Weight: 80 kg
    Native of Shan Dong, but born in Shanghai, grew up in Fu Jian, and resides in Beijing
    Loves to: Sleep
    Strong point: Dedicated to his work
    Weak point: Loves to sleep
    Clothing style: Casual
    Personality: Frank and outgoing
    Schooling: Central Drama Institute: Performing Arts Department ( 中央戏剧学院表演系 )
    Family: Parents and two older sisters
    Motto: 吃得苦中苦,方为人上人 (My interpretation: If you can overcome the most difficult of situations, you can become a Great person.)
    Complete list of works and roles

Pictures:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/huanghaibing/d/6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.haibing.com/jhzy/zwbs/zw47b.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/huanghaibing/d/5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.haibing.com/jhzy/zwbs/zw31b.jpg')

Websites:

http://www.haibing.com/
    http://www.huanghaibing.com/

My personal opinions about him: I think he's a very convincing and sincere actor, but I would like to see him in a wider variety of roles. In the two shows that I've seen him in (which admittedly isn't many), he has played straight-up, near perfect heroes in both. He can look really feminine at times, but is still able to maintain a masculine air about him when he's not wearing a ton of makeup. It's kind of hard to explain. He seems like a really easy-going and friendly guy and has great chemistry with kids.

So...are there any of his fans here? (or even haters or whatnot...? )

Feel free to share your opinions or information on HHB, his series, and his roles.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-22-04 at 03:56 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Right here Lady Zhuge. I am a big fan. I like his acting and i love his physical appearance too especially in The Royal Die Hard. He's awesome in that series with Shui Ling. I think he's handsome, the more serious type. He has great features. Lily likes.
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

hey hey!!! i like him too!
    hey lady zhuge, did you start liking him in Ping Zong Xia Ying?
    i first sw him in a series called"Shang Guan Wan Er", its about the faithful servant turned adviser of Wu Zhe Tian, his role isn't long, he was killled after more or less 6-7 episodes, but it was enough to notice him, he played the eldest son of Wu, but was killed by her.
    then i saw him in Wu Lin Uay Shi, i think its called Mission of the Warriors. oh, lady zhuge, you should watched him in this!!! you would really fall in love with him in this!!!! his name here is cool too, Shen Lang, i think the full summary of each of the episodes here can be found somewhere in the other threads, i seem to remember seeing it a while back. this i definitely recommend you to watch. this series is one of the best that i have seen. honest.
    i also saw him in "Ing Xiong" aka Hero the tv series, this one is very nice too. his partnership with Ning Jing is good.
    i saw him in a tv series with Zhang Ting, i forgot the title, but i don't really recommend it, its not really good.
    hehe, i seem to have watched many of his tv series over the years. i am not really his fan, i just happen to have watched many tv series with him in it, and i happen to like most of them, and i happen to like the way he portray his roles!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Lily, what's the Chinese name of "The Royal Die Hard"?

Jenny, I like his character and acting in PZXY, but not his look...way too much makeup and not enough hair. I'm not really a fan of his either, but I do think that he's a talented actor who is deserving of his own thread here.
    Shen Lang, eh? That is a cool name! I'm picturing heroic stud, in more ways than one. Who played his love interest in "Wu Lin Wai Shi"? It sounds like he's been paired up with some pretty good-looking leading ladies (Shui Ling, Ning Jing, FBB, etc.). I wish Xiao Hai would have that kind of luck.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

he stars with Zhang Yan Yan and Rebecca Wang Yan in here.
    i'm really sorry, i seem to remember seeing it somewhere here on this forum, the full episode by episode summary, but now i can't seem to find it!
    don't worry, i 'l try to find it!
    oh, well, i guess he is lucky. he got to be paired with many beautiful actresses now, but i am sure that SXH would also be that lucky in the near future!

Don't forget about goddess here!!! hehe, hi ya guys ^_^ I also really like Huang Hai Bing. So far I've seen him in about 3 or 4 series which are Mission of the Warriors, The Royal Diehard, Fire General, and maybe etc. He was very good in each one and his characters were all very interesting.

Of the three I remember seeing I think I liked his performance as well as character in The Royal Diehard the most. There was just something very unique and special plus captivating about him. I think his character as well as ending was very memorable. I really liked him paired with Shui Ling as well. They made a very compatiable pair and were quite cute. Gosh, I still have a lot of scenes in this serie in my head. Still very vivid

I liked him playing Shen Lang in Mission of the Warriors. I quite like the storyline of Wu Lan Wa Shi and HHB played Shen Lang very well!!! He really did have chemistyr with both actress. A more cuter playful with Zhang Yan Yan and a more romantic mature one with Rebecca.

As for Fire General. His character was intriguing and he had a good chemistry with Zhang Ting, its just the storyline was a bore for me. At times it had its high points, but overall it lagged a lot. It could have been a good serie however, but it just didn't make it.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in upcoming series such as Sui and Tang Dynasty Hero Passes On. Oh yeah, I remember he starred with Fan Bing Bing in an ancient serie, but I didn't rent it due to FBB. However how was he in there?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Jenny, thanks for the info. Don't worry about finding the episode summaries. I usually don't like to read them beforehand if I plan on watching the series.

Goddess, welcome to the thread! I didn't know you are a HHB fan. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though. Wow, you've seen a lot of his series. Do you have a favorite?
    Yeah, definitely watch STYXZ when it comes out in Vietnamese! I recently finished it and enjoyed it.

The series he was in with FBB is called "Ping Zong Xia Ying". There was a thread on it in the China series forum, but for some reason (housekeeping maybe?), it got deleted. You don't like FBB? I thought she was quite good in there and she had pretty good chemistry with HHB. HHB did a nice job as Zhang Dan Feng, but I didn't like how he looked: too much makeup.

I've started watching "Smart Kid". I heard that HHB has a minor role in it as an evil character. It will be interesting to see him as a bad guy for once.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wlecome goddess. hey! i am a loyal fan of FBB! you have just mortally wounded me!!!!
    haha. joke, don't really care if you don't like her. everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion, i guess
    but don't let your opinion on fbb prevent you from watching PZXY, it is a very GOOD series! really.

Hey there Lady Zhuge and Jenny!!

Hehe, thanks for the welcome, I feel so welcomed. (goddess looks back at her sentence)

Anyways, yup LZ I am a HHB fan. I really like him!!! Though I hardly have a chance to talk about him since there aren't many threads on him (plus I'm lazy to start one ) But its great you started one for him!!! He definately deserves it

Hehe, of the three series I can remember seeing him in I would say that my favorite serie with him would hands down (close to it at least) be The Royal Diehard. Just a fantastic performance and character. I think that he really brought out the character and he made me really think that he was the character

Oh, HHB was in Smart Kid? Do tell us what role he was in there!! Oh oh oh and please do tell me how the serie was overall. I've been meaning and hesitating to rent the serie. Haven't gotten around to it though since still thinking about it, lol.

PZXY is that good huh Jenny? What is the overall storyline to it anyways? Maybe I will eventually give teh serie a shot. Maybe FBB will amaze me and I'll start liking her. Who knows

Oh yeah, you guys know what? Hehe, for some reason I think that HHB and Nie Yuan 'resemble' each other. There is just something about the two of them that makes me think of the other
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi guys!

Yeah, I didn't know that HHB was in "Smart Kid" either until I read somewhere that he has a small role as a 6th prince in there. I am currently on episode 17 and haven't seen him yet. Of course I have been skipping around just to watch Shen Xiao Hai, so I might have missed HHB's entrance. I found SK to be kind of boring at the beginning, but it's definitely picked up since. There are quite a few funny parts and SXH is just sooo suave as Ning Wang!!! So yeah, my purpose for watching this series has been fulfilled, that's for sure.

Do watch PZXY, goddess! It's pretty good and the songs are very nice. I just posted a short summary in another thread, so I'm going to be lazy and just copy and paste in here: The main plot is about a girl named Yun Lei (played by Fan Bing Bing) wanting to get revenge for her grandfather's death. Unfortunately, the person most responsible for his death is the father of the man she loves (Zhang Dan Feng played by
    Huang Hai Bing) and who loves her back. Of course there are also subplots like Zhang Dan Feng's father planning to stage a coup and start his own dynasty, the romance between the princess and Yun Lei's brother, and the black and white twins.

Hmm, I think I see what you mean about HHB and Nie Yuan. They played cousins in STYXZ and I could see the "family" resemblance. I think the one major difference is that HHB is good at looking happy and cheerful (or at least that's how he seems most of the time in the characters he plays) whereas NY looks more gloomy and sad. Of course it all depends on the role.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

here's a summary on PZXY:
    Yun Lei(FBB)'s grandfather has been sentenced to exile in the desert even if he is a loyal subject of the Ming emperor. her father, mother and brother (before she was born) are imprisoned, but they were saved by his father's wuxia friends, but on the way, they met zhang _ _(forgot the name), her grandfather's student and now a "Da Chen" at the emperor's court. he is skilled at Gong Fu, so he quelled the friend's of her father and arrested them again. yun lei, who by this time is born, managed to escape together with her father's friends. her parents were killed, but her brother's life was spared and adopted by this Zhang guy.
    yun lei was sent to live with her grandfather, when she was about seven, something happened(forgot what), that prompted her grandfather to get back to the capital. he was stopped by Zhang Zong Zhou, Zhang Dan Feng's (HHB) father.
    Zhang Zong Zhou is the evil guy here, he lives in Wa Ch and is sort of like a "Da Chen to the king there. in reality, he is the descendant of the Chou dynasty, and he wants to bring that back to power and destroy Ming. Yun Lei's grandfather refused to help him, which led Zhang Zong Zhou to plot his downfall.
    Zhang Zong Zhou ordered his right hand man, Tan Tai Mie Ming to kill him.
    as yun lei and her grandfather were journeying, they were being followed, they got separated, yun lei's father's friends appeared to help them, but yun lei, lost in the woods, met the then 16 yr old zhang dan feng(played by sHi Xiao Long). he helped her find her way out.
    he promised to her then and there that he would protect her no matter what.
    when yun lei saw her grandfather died, she swear that she would avenge him. yun lei then went with one of her father's friends, the woman, and she and zhang dan feng only saw each other 10 yrs after.

yun lei pretends to be the Ming princess sent to be married to Wa Ch's prince. she does this in order to kill Zhang Zhong Zhou. she will use her 10 yrs worth of training kung fu for this. she does not care if she will be killed.

the person assigned to get her was the prince's best friend, none other than zhang dan feng!
    i cud go on and on, but i need a break!!! it is much too long....

HHB appears in episode 27 of "Smart Kid". He is dressed in what looks like some kind of tribal costume and plays the sixth prince from Wa La. His character seems to have quite an attitude problem.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey there guys

Thanks to both of you for the summery on PZXY (Lol Jenny, do continue on when you have rested, hehe.) It does sound intersting but also a bit clique. Either way I'll think about renting it later in the summer ^__^ Need to get some more of HHB on screen, hehe. Its been awhile since I've seen him.

So he does appear in Smart Kid ^__^ That is good to here Lady Zhuge Hehe, even better that you didn't miss him!! So his role in there is a minor with an attitude problem?

Talking so much on HHB makes me want to go see him in Royal Diehard again!! Lol Or maybe Mission of the Warriors...Either is good

I really really want to see STYXZ!!!! Nie Yuan and HHB will make my day, hehe Oh and Sik Siu Long too right?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hiya goddess!

Yeah, HHB is only in about 3 episodes of "Smart Kid" towards the very end. His character is purely evil and I must say that HHB did a very good job in the role. However, he wasn't the smart kind of evil like Shen Xiao Hai's character Ning Wang, but rather just really obnoxious and obvious about it. Do you still plan on watching this series?

Yep, Shi Xiao Long is in STYXZ too, but he's only in about 6 episodes or so.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi ya Lady Zhuge

Lol, obnoxious evil? That would be an amusing sight to watch, seriously. I have still kept that on my list of rents, but I probably won't get to it until the summer

In the meanwhile though, Huang Hai Bing's serie Imperial Guards released out like last week or something in viet. I'm planning on renting it since it looks quite good. However I don't think that Ning Jing and him have much chemistry, I wonder if they will be pairing or somethig along those terms.....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hola goddess!

I never thought I'd describe HHB as obnoxious, but that's exactly what his character was in "Smart Kid".

Imperial Guards = Hero, right? Jenny mentioned earlier that she liked HHB's partnership with Ning Jing. I've never seen the series, so I don't know. If you do watch it, let us know what you think!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

correction: i said i like HHB's Imperial Guards, and that his pairing with Ning Jing is good, but nevertheless, i don't really like the two of them together. i prefer HHB with the other girl in the series who was in love with him, the one that was loved by the emperor and later became the empress, only to be killed later on!!! can someone tell me her name? i saw her also in Qin Shi Huang, she's really pretty.
    Last edited by Jenny_shiny; 01-08-05 at 05:29 AM.

I am a HHB fan too...

Does anyone what drama is he making at moment...
    He seems a little quite recently..
    Teddy

Huang Hai Bing is in a new series called "Tian Xia Tai Ping" (World Peace) with Eric Suen, Dai Jiao Qian, and others. The first half was recently released.

Some pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfs-cn.com/sfstv/2004/txtp/co/1-5.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfs-cn.com/sfstv/2004/txtp/co/06.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sfs-cn.com/sfstv/2004/txtp/co/07.JPG')
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-23-05 at 06:35 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi, I'm not his fan. But I'm sure I've wacthed him in at least one series and although I don't very like him, I have to say that his acting is quite good. This pic. remind me of a series I've seen long ago, but I don't know the official name. Can anyone tell me?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/huanghaibing/d/5.jpg')
    Smile, an everlasting smile
    Your smile can bring you near to me
    Don't ever let me find you wrong
    'cause that will bring a tear to me