Thread: zwj's sub-conscious mind - may i ask

Default zwj's sub-conscious mind - may i ask

a question?

as we know, yin susu's parting advice to zwj is always, "boy, dun believe pretty women. the more beautiful a lady is, the less trustworthy is her".
    could this phrase have always been in zwj's subconscious mind?

as psychologists have found, people react most to subconsciousness. and since in my opinion, zzr tends to be the most pretty among the 4 gals, could his mum's reminder serve as an important factor in choosing the gal he liked most. e.g. subconsciously, zwj will remember what his mum said and since zzr is the most beautiful, she = most untustworthy. hence, she will be striked off immediately.

|n A|3C's Heart 0=) Title: A|3C's #1 Fan!

Hes Probally Forgoted what his mother told him because zzr is so charming
    Alyssa Lastest Series : ( Phantom lovers)

Fave Actresses : Alyssa , Ma su , Florance Tan , Gao Yuan Yuan , Jessica Hester Hsuan

Favourite Actors: Alec Su , Louis Koo , Aaron Kwok , Jimmy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    ...since zzr is the most beautiful....
    In both the 1986 and 2003 versions, ZM asked ZWJ who he thinks is prettier. In both versions, ZWJ said ZM is prettier.

Secondly, assuming ZWJ is not lying just to please ZM, then going by your theory, he should distrust ZM more than ZZR, which he didn't. So I don't think his mum's parting words had any longlasting effect on him. Like any other man, he fell for the beauty trap.

Thirdly, going a little off topic, do you think his mum's advice holds true in real life? Unfortunately for me, I don't bump into pretty girls every other day like ZWJ does, so I can't tell.

Default thank u, wuming elder

somehow i expect someone to point out zm asking zwj who is prettier. but again, being guy, u just say what is logical rite? i believe his answer will be different if zm+zzr are together. remember he also mentioned that he respected zzr for her perfection and great beauty.

my mum did not give any advice on beautiful women. she only said study hard and listen to boss. so i am not able to comment on yr third question. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    In both the 1986 and 2003 versions, ZM asked ZWJ who he thinks is prettier. In both versions, ZWJ said ZM is prettier.

Secondly, assuming ZWJ is not lying just to please ZM ...

Thirdly, going a little off topic, do you think his mum's advice holds true in real life? Unfortunately for me, I don't bump into pretty girls every other day like ZWJ does, so I can't tell.

i believe his answer will be different if zm+zzr are together.
    You are saying that ZWJ lied to ZM that she is prettier?

my mum did not give any advice on beautiful women. she only said study hard and listen to boss. so i am not able to comment on yr third question. hehe.
    I am asking whether you think ZWJ's mum's advice is true in the real world. Surely, you are not relying on your mum to answer that question right?

a question?

as we know, yin susu's parting advice to zwj is always, "boy, dun believe pretty women. the more beautiful a lady is, the less trustworthy is her".

as psychologists have found, people react most to subconsciousness. and since in my opinion, zzr tends to be the most pretty among the 4 gals, could his mum's reminder serve as an important factor in choosing the gal he liked most. e.g. subconsciously, zwj will remember what his mum said and since zzr is the most beautiful, she = most untustworthy. hence, she will be striked off immediately.
    Xiao Zhao is supposed to be the most beautiful girl in HSDS. If that is the case, ZWJ would have distrusted Xiao Zhao the most but that's clearly not the case. Did ZWJ strike off ZZR immediately? I don't think so. In the earlier part of the story, he trusted ZZR. His opinion of ZZR was very good. He even let ZZR pierce him with the Heaven sword. He has complete faith in ZZR goodness at that time. It's only after more encounter with ZM that he grow to love ZM more than ZZR. I don't think his mum's word has any bearing in him choosing ZM over ZZR. ZM is no ugly girl either (I once posted a question asking who is the most beautiful girl in a number of novels. For HSDS, several people answered that Xiao Zhao is the most beautiful, but when I ask who is more beautiful between ZM and ZZR, no one can give a concrete answer). If his mom's word really affected his choice that much, he would have strike ZM off too.

Default in that case, if i were yin susu

i will have to pay my forgetful son a visit.

wuming, as for yr question again, i am not sure whether the more pretty the girl is, the more untrustworthy. though i believe and observe that (again it could be common sense according to foreva) more pretty a girl is, the more choices of bf she has. hehe.

as for this part, as zwj has developed some feelings for zm, i will like to say he told a "white" lie. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    You are saying that ZWJ lied to ZM that she is prettier?

Default hi, kidd, as usual a bit off track

u mean xiao zhao is the most beautiful in the novel? so far, in all the series, xiao zhao not the most beautiful (possibly she is given less screen time). the most beautiful xiao zhao is hsds2003 florence tan. but then, again in my opinion and no offence, alyssa and gyy win her. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Xiao Zhao is supposed to be the most beautiful girl in HSDS.

yes, xiao zhao's supposed to b e most pretty amg e 4 in e novel cause she has very nice n unique persian features....bt my fren who read e novel said that jy gave e most beautiful descriptions to zzr...as in very delicate, innocent, sweet n pure that kind thats y alot of ppl think that zwj liked n was v nice to her cause he was very mesmerized by her beauty at 1st and she used it to seduce him later...she looked so beautiful n innocent that zwj was completely taken in by zzr n trusted that she will never stab him w e hs at guangming pt which she did in e end...moreover, he's always taken in by zzr's innocence n beauty n gives in even when she's wrong, stuborn or angry

.i think zwj was more taken in by zm's kter rather thn her looks...thats wad i feel, he fell in love n like her gradually cause of her adorable n smart kter n her love for him compared to him liking zzr's at 1st mainly cause of her looks...and i think zzr's prettier thn zm cause she was able to make sqs fall head over heels for her cause he thought she was very beautiful...hmm if zm was as pretty as zzr sqs or any guy would have liked her too or even gasp at e sight or her at 1st like wad he did when he saw zzr 1st since he ultimately goes for looks whereas i think zwj ultimatly goes for e ger's kter since he was even willing to marry zhu er...(bt this may nt b true cause sqs may have prefered han gers)

also if im nt wrong, jy described zwj as more mesmerized n smitten w zzr when he 1st saw her thn when he 1st saw zm...bt i think zm's also quite pretty cause jy also said that she's pretty bt more emphasis on her cute n smart kter...moreover the tv versions always tend to cast a prettier n sweeter actress as zzr thn zm....

to ans ur que wkeej, i think zwj being such a weak kter when it comes to matters of e heart has long long forgotten him mom's advice
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 10-21-04 at 05:10 AM.

a question?

actually if you look at it this way. all along he trusted zzr, xz, zr. he keep reminding himself not to trust zm but then again he was too drawn to her to keep that up. that would have subtly suggested that in his opinion zm is most beautiful - she may not be, but beauty is the eye of the beholder.

Default thk you for all the contributions

seems that the overall conclusion is that zwj has forgotten about his mum! how unfilial???

but i do not think he will ever forget his one-task promise to zzr.
    bcos now with zm's nagging on the two-inhabitants island, he will always think about, "what if xiao chao", "if zzr, then ... else", "wonder how is zhu-er". hehe.

Forgetting what a person said is not equivalent to forgetting the person all together. Of course ZWJ remembered his mum.

You really are very obsess with ZZR. Just accept it that ZWJ loves ZM more.

hi kiddy, thks for differentiating a person and what a person said.

and on the contrary, i am not obsessed with zzr. it's hsds!
    i just want to see if any of our ideas will be bounced out in jy's third edition or the new series. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Forgetting what a person said is not equivalent to forgetting the person all together. Of course ZWJ remembered his mum.

You really are very obsess with ZZR. Just accept it that ZWJ loves ZM more.