Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: taiwanese series that got u pissed off!

for the one dat just got my pissed was Meateor Garden II... im okay with Taiwanese dramas i guess..... for me i think in MG2 the plot got me pissed and how they rushed the ending... but at least their acting got a little better.. well.. most of them...
    currently watching: <3 hana Yori dango season 2
    <3 corner with love
    <3 hana-kimi
    <3 goong S

Not sure if the followings are Taiwanese series, just want to voice out :

101 Proposal (I just cannot accept the ending where she did not marry the one she loves instead her ex-bf, who betrayed her before, marry her)

Devils Touch (unrealistic towards the end)

Fly (sometime or most of the time, just don’t know where the story is leading to)

It's been a while since I've watch taiwanese series but the one that really made me mad was Madame White Snake. Their first mistake was working with Singapore on it, and the ultimate mistake was messing with the original storyline. Usually you want to sympathize with the main characters when something happens to them but the way they made it I was like "shutup and quit whining" and fast forewarding them alot.

A lot of sequels have pissed me off, especially:

Meteor Garden II - I don't expect much out of sequels, but this one just pissed me off. Practically NO Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai moments.

HZGG III - HZGG I was unique...II was a little more draggy...but in the end, the thing that made HZGG work was the cute appeal and cast! However, all that was destroyed in HZGG III. The new XYZ, Huang Yi, IMO, sucked at humour. And everyone had already established images for their respective characters. The only remaining member of the main four was Zhou Jie, and I never liked him in the first place. The highlight of the whole thing was Qing Er, but Qing Er had no good storylines. The new actor who played the fatherly emperor was just scary...Finally, they left the palace in the end! Seriously, they LEFT. So what was the point of HZGG I and II then, if they were just going to leave??? That series had me steaming...
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

A series that got me pissed off?

Devil Beside You got me pissed off at first, because I wanted Rainie to end up with Yuanyi, but I had a sudden change of heart in the end.

Another one that I have a feeling is going to piss me off is Love Contract, because of the ending.

I actually posted this in another thread. Love Contract's ending was bad because of the director's ploy to please the fans. Therefore, there were two endings.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Devil Beside you!!!

It's so boring IMO

Tokyo Juliet seems really boring!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I agree. mvp valentine was one of the stupidest shows I ever watched. horrible actors and I dont like the main female character. She seems so scrawny, and wannabe-japanese styled. I only finish watching it for the 3 real basketball players.
    HI, im new here i really life my mvp valentine because of basketball, see im an avid fan of slam dunk. i dont think this show is stupid cause i personally think almost all people are stupid in real life. but i have to admit that when i first see this show i told my self are they actors thay have really bad appearance. 5566 member with colored hair as in bright color really suck (though i love 5566 but not in their looks in my mvp valetine) the guy who portayed prince (tony of 5566) and the one who loves to sell things (zax of 5566) really suck. i also think david chen ice man in the series doesnt know how to act and michelle lin (angel in the series) sucks. but over all just like you said i enjoy it because of the real basket ball player. especially johnny yan (chengfeng in the series)

Meteor Garden and there's one fighting show that starred Sweety and 5566 people. These two shows are just simply there to promote these singers (as if they need) and ended up showing people how lousy their acting is.

I think you're talking about Mr. Fighting.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

Yes! Thank you!

i think My MVP Valentine is boring, i felt nothing. but when the actress that play as Barbie cried, it was the only part i cried funny.

At the moment, I'm fed up with the &$%# TVB was producing so I'm experiencing with Taiwanese Dramas. I was initiated by Meteor Gardens, which I thought quite good and compelling (especially in the beginning) but dragged on way too long in the middle with all the love/not love stuff... (which meant a lot of >>> and shouts of 'Jeeze... get a grip,' etc.!) MG2 was okay also but could have been soooooooooooo much better... i.e. leaving the SC and DMZ story alone and developing another story with one of the other F4.... But NO! That would have been TOO much to ask *shaking head*

Anyway, I digress. In my limited Taiwan drama watching, I thinks annoying ones are:
    1. Frog turns into a prince (SO juvenile)
    2. Love Contract
    3. Legendary Siblings 2 (... don't get me started on that one....)

I totally didn't like westside story and meteor garden 2...

westside story had a bad plot and MG2 just totally ruined a show that was great to watch...

Default major critisism. harsh? nahh.. it's JUST RIGHT

ok. i don't know if anyone feels the same was as me but i seriously think that taiwanese idol dramas really should be BANNED from the face of the earth. they are overly cliche in the whole romance thing ( even suckers for sappy love stories such as myself [LOL] find it irritably hard to watch ), totally predictable in terms of PLOT and DIALOUGE ANDDDD.. the actresses in there most of the time try their hardest to act adorable/vulnerable/amazingly helpless but all to NO avail because they just don't cut it.

also, is it just me or does the so called "extreme camo. zooms with the stupid sounds for effect of emphasis" super lame dame? cos i personally find it.. almost.. urm.. i can't even find a word for it but it simply makes me want to smash the tv because this technique is used in EVERY ( and i MEAN E.V.E.R.Y ) taiwanese idol drama. which is horribly annoying btw.

they also repeatedly play their OST over and over and over again for i-don't-know-why. i mean, i agree that music is essential in dramas to make them more.. evocative and stuff but the way the tunes were played, its yuck yuck and yuck.

all in all, taiwanese idol dramas just make me switch channels and complain about them to my family. HAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy_85
    did u guys actually finish wathcing all those shows? u no, the whole thing?

for the shows dat all u guys mentioned, they sure did a good job b/c they manage to make u guys sit thru the whole thing even though u h8ted it. 4 me, if i watch 2 or 3 eps of a show n i h8ted it, i wouldn't continue watching it unless they have some of my favorite actor or actress.

ok, my answer would be mg 2 since i skip like 13 eps of it n fastforward pretty much everything. the only reason dat kept me watching it is vic. there's qing sheng sheng yu meng meng 2 cuz it's draggy. again, i only continue b/c of vicki n alec. otherwise, i actually enjoy most of the tw series. probably it's b/c i watch 2 many tvb shows in da past.
    ya LOL -- i only watched those shows cause Vic was in it!

Quote Originally Posted by muddy_paws
    Stupid Plots
    i swear the ordinary girl scolding the 'rich handsome prince' and then finally getting his attention because no one has ever done that before and then finally happily ever after is the most cliched of all cliche taiwanese drama plots. seriously what could the scriptwriter be thinking of? and of course i hate all the kneeling and the crying and oops i almost forgot!

crashing his hand to the wall because of the anger he is feeling. I always laughed at that particular scene. such scenes really made me wonder if all taiwanese lived like wat the tv is portraying. i hope not.
    LMAO yea i hate those regurgitative plots... seriously plz make an effort to air something new!!

And i absolutely loved Devil Beside You! Though at first i wanted yuanyi to be with rainie (in like the first 5 eps)... after that it was obvious that Mike He was much much better!
    Last edited by shachong; 02-24-07 at 10:12 PM.
    oOoOObubblesOOoOo

One that got me piss off! It was "Snow Angel" they were so good..the story line was wonderful..buttah..they didn't stay together! If I happen to be the director I would change that part! Other then that everything went okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    Devil Beside you!!!

It's so boring IMO
    I agree... I never understood the hype.. I think it's overrated. plus really, whose parents are like that? why hype up the telling your parents when in the end, they didn't care?

rainie and mike were cute though and that was about it. hehe

I've yet watched a Taiwanese drama that doesn't seem really silly the second time around. I use to sing semi-praises about Toastman's Kiss and Frog Turn Prince, but now that I think back, what was I thinking? Oh well, they were ok for the brief kill-brain-cells-act-ditzy moments.