Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Default Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

OMG! im very xcited bout the 4th installment and im really anticipating it! bout ya?
    Suikoden addict!undefined

everything is always ok in the end...if its not ok, its not the end...
    Innocence tricks...
    ang mundo ay hindi bilog, ito ay oblate spheroid...

It's my favourite book in the series. But I don't have high expectations for the movies, thus making me more easily satisfied than the others. (I tend to like the movie more than my li'l sis cos' I don't whine and moan about them not being faithful adaptations)
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Dunno how they are going to show the veelas. I have a hard time imagine how they are like from reading the book.

Find the hottest supermodels around the world.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

all along I though it would be better if they shot 2 movies, there's jsut too much in the book to be cramp in to a single movie the lenght of it's predessesors..

Unless they make this one extra long..

Anyway Veelas is easy...
    what about that french head mistress?
    though the movie hargid is not as big as the book's, it's still quite hard to find an actress that dun look small next to Hagrid
    of course they COULD always cast a man in the role..

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Find the hottest supermodels around the world.
    It is not the problem of not being able to find hot girls to play the veelas. There are enough hot actresses out there to play these enchantresses.

I'm just wondering how they r going to potray the veelas as described in the book.
    Veela were women. . . the most beautiful women Harry had ever seen. . . except that they weren't - they couldn't be - human. This puzzled Harry for a moment while he tried to guess what exactly they could be; what could make their skin shine moon-bright like that, or their white-gold hair fan out behind them without wind.. . but then the music started, and Harry stopped worrying about them not being human - in fact, he stopped worrying about anything at all.
    The veela had started to dance, and Harry's mind had gone completely and blissfully blank. All that mattered in the world was that he kept watching the veela, because if they stopped dancing, terrible things would happen.

me too, i don't have my hopes too high for this 4th installment because im disappointed with the 3rd installment. now i would rather prefer if they make this into 2 parts. at least they don't rush the whole installment. i think what they did in the 3rd installment (cutting off many many parts) is not a very good choice
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i, personally enjoyed all three movies so far. . .i read the books first. . .though some parts in the books were definately important and shouldn't be cut. . .it was necessary so the audience doesnt need to sit through a ten hour movie.
    also, i usually watch a movie to enjoy it instead of critique it, so its probably why i like them. seriously, dont know why people would pay money so they could criticize something.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

I have news you guys. First the girl who would play Fleur Delacour is a french actress who has nude pictures in the net. Her name is Clemence Poensy ( the right spelling?) she starred as Queen Mary of Scots in a hallmark tv movie. She's 21 years old , so it means that the rumor that Kate Winslet is goint to play Fleur's character is not true. The guy who would play Cedric Diggory is a british actor, I forgot his name but I got a pic of him. I'll just get back here soon as soon as I recall his name. Ralph Fiennes will play Voldemort (now that would really be exciting) and Katie Leung will play Cho Chang. I haven't seen the pic of the Bulgarian actor who'll play Krum. I've burned a lot of Internet Hours just to see a pic of him but I have not. Istav Yvaneski ( i hope I'm right with the spelling, faulty memory, I researched it a long time ago-sorry).

YAY. It's coming out in (pause) 3 years It's still a long time.

Meh. I'm gonna get addicted to something else (not drugs)
    “Heavy sword with blunt edges, simplicity brings superiority. Before I reached the age of forty, I used it to roam the entire world under Heaven.” (Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

“After the age of forty, I no longer relied on weaponry. Even bushes, trees, bamboo sticks or rocks call all be my swords. From then on, I achieved great progress and slowly reached the realm of overcoming the sword without a sword.”(Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

the movies arn't that good compared to the books.
    cho chang is supposed to be pretty but the actor isn't.
    have a feeling it would suck.

i didn't even notice katie leung(who plays cho)in the movie.....

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_girl
    the movies arn't that good compared to the books.
    cho chang is supposed to be pretty but the actor isn't.
    have a feeling it would suck.
    Have u seen Katie Leung in movies or in person? Or u just based your opinion on that 2 widely circulated pictures of hers? Maybe those are just badly taken pictures. I personally felt Katie Leung looks OK. I have only just started reading book 5, but have completed book 4 already. Throughout book 4, I never get the impression that Cho Chang was suppose to be very pretty. Only Harry thinks she is pretty, but then Harry was infatuated with her and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Of course the movies will not be as good as the books. The movies have a time limit of 3 hours, while books can be as long and as think as the author likes. Of course the books will be more detailed and eventful than the movies. The movies can only get the gist and feel of the books.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-07-04 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    i didn't even notice katie leung(who plays cho)in the movie.....
    I don't think Katie Leung is in movie 3. The chosen candidates for the role of both Cedric and Cho Chang were only announced after the movie 3 was released. The actor who is chosen to play Cedric is not the same actor who played Cedric in movie 3.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Throughout book 4, I never get the impression that Cho Chang was suppose to be very pretty. Only Harry thinks she is pretty, but then Harry was infatuated with her and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
    I've always thought that Cho is supposed to be very pretty, and not just in the eyes of Harry. Cedric is described as quite a handsome boy and he liked her too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well when you finished the fifth book you'll know.
    all the guys likes her because she's pretty.

katie is decent(choosing my words carefully) looking but definitely not pretty.
    yeah i based it on her photos, she doesn't have a nice nose or lips.
    Last edited by bebe_girl; 11-07-04 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I don't think Katie Leung is in movie 3. The chosen candidates for the role of both Cedric and Cho Chang were only announced after the movie 3 was released. The actor who is chosen to play Cedric is not the same actor who played Cedric in movie 3.
    >thanks,pal!i thought she was supposed to be in the third movie(according to the book,she's playing against Gryffindor in quidditch!).....so i was when i didn't c her...ahahhha

ps-i heard that katie leung got the role cuz her father has connections.....

can anyone please post up a picture of katie leung. feel like i'm the only person who doesnt know what she looks like. thanx.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Katie Leung, courtesy of Katie Leung Online:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.katieleung.info/gallery/katie1.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")