Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Which JY female U DISLIKE the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    So much of ROCH's so-called "characterization" leans on improbably and illogically recharacterizing LOCH characterizes so that ROCH's two "leads" would "work." For many people, though it totally didn't work. Fail.
    You mean people don't change, and in real life, high and model characters are never hypocrites? As I recall, Huang Rong was never a magnanimous character in LOCH. She was ready to pounce on Mu Nianci if she suspected Mu Nanci had feelings for Guo Jing. If not for Guo Jing, she could have been a heretic character like her father. And keep in mind what her father did to all four of his disciples. So what is a little hypocrisy to keep Yang Guo near to Guo Jing to help him, but at the same time, not to associate Guo Jing with the little matter of approving the illicit relationship between Yang Guo and XLN? Not what you would like, but very in character of Huang Rong, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by hoatran View Post
    You mean people don't change, and in real life, high and model characters are never hypocrites?
    They're not supposed to backslide after they've made progress...at least not in relatively "simple" wuxia stories such as LOCH and ROCH. If this were DGSD and SPW, maybe...but this being L/ROCH, when Jin Yong supposedly wasn't that great a writer yet...I think it's just the product of clumsy characterization than anything subtle or sophisticated.

As I recall, Huang Rong was never a magnanimous character in LOCH. She was ready to pounce on Mu Nianci if she suspected Mu Nanci had feelings for Guo Jing. If not for Guo Jing, she could have been a heretic character like her father.
    She was supposed to have improved greatly since then.

And keep in mind what her father did to all four of his disciples.
    That's *him*. Wong Yung was a different character.

Besides, even Wong Yerk See had mellowed out considerably by the time of ROCH.

So what is a little hypocrisy to keep Yang Guo near to Guo Jing to help him, but at the same time, not to associate Guo Jing with the little matter of approving the illicit relationship between Yang Guo and XLN?
    Too much in service of icky and despicable so-called "protagonists."

Not what you would like, but very in character of Huang Rong, I would say.
    Meh. I hate your so-called "heroes," and I have perfectly legitimate reasons for hating them that are older than you are, so just STOP making me try to like them. You'd have an easier time trying to blow up the sun.

I don't make life here easy for Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl fans.

She was supposed to have improved greatly since then.
    I don't understand women, but you seem to understand even less. I wonder how are you able to enjoy Jin Young novels fully? When it comes to their men, their kids, women would be very fierce again, very quickly, no matter how mellow they are, or how old they are.

Meh. I hate your so-called "heroes," and I have perfectly legitimate reasons for hating them that are older than you are, so just STOP making me try to like them. You'd have an easier time trying to blow up the sun.
    Lighten up! And who wanted to make you like Yang Guo and XLN??? I was just enjoying shooting down your heroes.

I don't make life here easy for Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl fans.
    And I do enjoy making your efforts a little harder.

I don't understand women, but you seem to understand even less. I wonder how are you able to enjoy Jin Young novels fully? When it comes to their men, their kids, women would be very fierce again, very quickly, no matter how mellow they are, or how old they are.
    Don't you dare tell me what I understand or don't.

Don't you dare tell me what I can or can't enjoy.

Lighten up!
    You're doing what you're doing and you're telling me to lighten up?!

Get out of here!

And who wanted to make you like Yang Guo and XLN??? I was just enjoying shooting down your heroes.
    Hello...? These two things necessarily go together? It's kind of like fire and heat.

And I do enjoy making your efforts a little harder.
    Then you and I are at war.

Don't think that you can win. I've been fighting for twenty-five years.

Don't think that you can win. I've been fighting for twenty-five years.
    I think you just banging your head into the wall. Who needs to win? You can hate Yang Guo and XLN for another 30 years for all I care. I've enjoyed their story at least that long. If hating them is the way you enjoy their story, let it be so.

I think you just banging your head into the wall.
    And one day, that wall is going to tumble down. I don't even care if I lose my head to accomplish it. That f*cking wall is COMING DOWN!

Who needs to win?
    I do.

Nothing else matters.

You can hate Yang Guo and XLN for another 30 years for all I care. I've enjoyed their story at least that long. If hating them is the way you enjoy their story, let it be so.
    I wouldn't call it "enjoyment."

Not at all.

I won't rest until everyone understands what it is I've suffered because of them, and agrees how wrong the whole thing was.

I won't rest until everyone understands what it is I've suffered because of them, and agrees how wrong the whole thing was.
    Oh, your suffering is evident. But your whining and your blow ups are even more annoying than Yang Guo's. Well maybe that's one way for me to realize how annoying Yang Guo was! I think you might be making head ways in your war!!!

Oh, your suffering is evident. But your whining and your blow ups are even more annoying than Yang Guo's. Well maybe that's one way for me to realize how annoying Yang Guo was! I think you might be making head ways in your war!!!
    Showing *always* works better than telling.

It's easy to deny or dismiss what one is told; it's not so easy to deny or dismiss what one is *shown*.

And one thing I've learned from the Mo Yung Family: using the foe's own skill against him *really* works.

Showing *always* works better than telling.

It's easy to deny or dismiss what one is told; it's not so easy to deny or dismiss what one is *shown*.

And one thing I've learned from the Mo Yung Family: using the foe's own skill against him *really* works.
    OOps! It looks like my attempt at sarcasm was a total failure

OOps! It looks like my attempt at sarcasm was a total failure
    Now you know what you're up against.

Surrender now and I will be merciful. I am surprisingly merciful towards reformed and repentant former Yeung Gor fans.

Now you know what you're up against.
    You are good. A worthy opponent. I'll have to get back to work now.