Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: War And Beauty 《金枝慾孽》

Quote Originally Posted by _karrot_
    i DETEST gigi's role.... // the way she acts her role.... depending on whether her role is supposed to be like that..... AGH when she cries and sobs... there ARE no tears... shez just whining and breathing in an out really loudly *as in panting* and itz so ANNOYING! arg

i like maggie's role.... itz great.....

I agree! She's so fake especially when she cries...

I''m not done with ther series but does Bowie fall in love with Charmaine?

~Where _snow_ Fallz like Feathers from Heaven~

Quote Originally Posted by cindizzzle
    I agree! She's so fake especially when she cries...

I''m not done with ther series but does Bowie fall in love with Charmaine?
    i think bowie falls for gigi.... makes me sick thinking bout it.... but i think he likes charmaine at one point as well
    --- lil kassie has dreamed off

...catch a falling star...

I am gonna go watch ep. 24 thru 28 and I can't wait for the sun to set. You see, my TV room faces the WEST and the sun blinds my TV set and no matter how hard I tried to move the position of my TV, it still catches the reflection. Grrr..once I even put my blanket over the window pane to cover the rays. Even my venetian blind can't do the job ...

WOOOOW yufeifei!! yur already there?! woooow..... thaz amazing... care to pm me some spoilers heheehe starting from... like ep 5 ---> lol... mayb thaz too much to ask

Quote Originally Posted by yufeifei
    I am gonna go watch ep. 24 thru 28 and I can't wait for the sun to set. You see, my TV room faces the WEST and the sun blinds my TV set and no matter how hard I tried to move the position of my TV, it still catches the reflection. Grrr..once I even put my blanket over the window pane to cover the rays. Even my venetian blind can't do the job ...

i would love some spoilers for ep 26-28!!!! i can't wait to see the ending!!

What's with the rating on this thread? First, haters pushed it to only one star, and now supporters give it a dramatic jump to three. Geez.

Just finished watching DVD #13 (Chapter 25 & 26) #26 has a shocking event that I never saw coming before that chapter.

The show really picked up and has gotten better with each chapter.
    Last edited by veeshan; 09-28-04 at 11:03 AM.

Default **SPOILERS** Ahead...

OMG! This series is really drainning all my energy and I feel the ANGER and FRUSTUATION of the character even after I finish watching.

Ok..where should I start. I won't be doing the episode guide since I really am not that kind of person that can detail everything ( I'll leave that to sehseh (btw, where are you????). So, I will just sort of summarize what I've watched so far.

Maggie tricked Gigi into the temple for prayers so that Maggie could dress up as Gigi and went to see the Emperor. Upon learning how clever and smart Maggie is in dealing with a problem (solving the case of who damaged the Emperor's art), the Emperor immediately took Maggie's clothes off (literally speaking...hehehe) and tada! she was promoted into the rank of Kwai Yan.

This lead Gigi into madness and this is where the plot thickens and things started to get more and more interesting. Gigi and Charmaine hated each other from the beginning and knowing that Maggie is now a Kwai Yan, Charmaine began to form alliance with Maggie (at the advise of Chui Kung Kung - her eunuch adopter father). However, Maggie somehow realizes that it would be more fruitful partnering with Gigi...(don't ask me why!!) and she went to see Gigi to discuss ways to eliminate Charmaine.

Gigi agreed only because she also have something up her sleeves!! You will never imagine that Gigi can be that EVIL .. she plotted against Maggie and Bowie~ even after finding out that Bowie is in LOVE with her..yes..she found out finally about Bowie's feeling...Gigi was the one who made a plan with Maggie (against Maggie's will) to have Charmaine and Bowie meet up and then be caught for having an affair. Things went downhill from there because Gigi had planned for Maggie to go rescue Bowie (knowing that Maggie will not let Bowie be trapped) and stop Bowie from meeting Charmaine.

(Phew....) The more I write, the more excited I get! And it's sounding more like an episode guide...I just don't know how to leave out anything...coz everything is intertwined....

However, on her way to meet Bowie, Charmaine heard the flute playing...and met Yufei.

So, Maggie was SAVED!!!!!!! by YUFEI!!!

So, Bowie was caught .. Gigi had earlier wrote a secret letter to the Empress telling her about Bowie's extra activities...heheh...so to say. Bowie was caught and was thrown into confinement.

Then...Gigi..went to POISON him!! Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yupp..and eventhough Bowie knows the food is POISONOUS, he still EAT it .... but was stop by a eunuch entering the room. (PHEW...............)

So..along the line of that, both Charmaine and Gigi didn't want him dead (Gigi is really spectacular in this role....she just can't betray her heart (or can she..heheheeh) and things happened....Gigi finally went to the empress and told her that she was the one who was about to meet Bowie that night to ask him to a LOVE potion (forbidden medicine) so she could better serve the Emperor.

There are also scenes of a relatioship developing between Sheren and Moses and it's really GOOD..I like it..you see a much softer side of Yufei...

(lemme take a few breaths...)

It's really good...I mean Bowie and Gigi finally hook up..yes...they DID it ....

But you never know what Gigi is thinking....

End of spoilers....

Default **Spoilers** Forgot to mention one thing...

Charmaine is PREGNANT ... in the series of course..and yes, it is the Emperor's..just in case someone had any other idea.

But you skipped over the fate of Chui Kung Kung.

That was surprising!

Did I just spoiled it for everyone?

Default SPOILERS

Ah yes..the bugger got canned ... kicked the water bucket ...

Oh No..... I don't like Bowie and Gigi together. I want him to be with Charmaine, she's the one who really loves him. So does Bowie ever fall in love with Charmaine??? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by cindizzzle
    Oh No..... I don't like Bowie and Gigi together. I want him to be with Charmaine, she's the one who really loves him. So does Bowie ever fall in love with Charmaine??? Does anyone know?

From what I understand.. he loves Gigi til the end. I don't think she deserves him.. but love is not always deserving..

I started watching this series last week and just finished chapter 21 and I'm totally hooked! I cannot get enough of it. I kinda like watching a series where almost everyone is evil instead of the usual TVB productions. Its interesting to see Charmaine playing an evil role...her performance isn't bad. It's funny to see her and Gigi fight. Gigi sometimes overacts especially when she cries...it always seem to be more dramatic then it should be. I can't wait to see when Maggie finds out the truth about her grandmother and becomes evil!

Everytime the lights go out and Gigi is sitting in front of the mirror...you can see her like being possesed & stuff.

i just saw episode 1-3. and i already find this series has a bit of a dark tone.

btw, i'm also making dvd-rips of this series with english subtitles. i won't be spreading it around on the net, tho. having a 56k modem is a bit of a pain in the arse.

I am so hooked to this series too! It annoyes me no end that the doc loves gigi to the end!!!! :@

Just finished watching the ending. So sad.

All I have to say is that Charmaine should have spoke up while riding in the back of the horse drawn carriage!

Quote Originally Posted by veeshan
    Just finished watching the ending. So sad.

All I have to say is that Charmaine should have spoke up while riding in the back of the horse drawn carriage!
    oooo dear!!! can u plzzz send me some spoilers.... as in like... really specific? i heard yu fei dies!

Her fate is worst than death...