Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: War And Beauty 《金枝慾孽》

I just watched episodes 1-2 yesterday and... WOW! Great series so far... everyone is so... EVIL... lol... i especially like sheren for some reason.... i know shes super evil but i dunno why i just seems to like her... she really does this role well... episodes3-6 tonite
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

I think jade is Charmaine's long lost sister. How she end up in the palace would be a story to tell.

Talking

Ooh that's interesting. I can't wait till the story is revealed! Jade is an awesome actress. And Charmaine's crying was a little...errm...fake in episode 8 or something? I can't remember which episode it was in, but I just couldn't stand it..gah!

Moses is wickeD cool. Love Maggie.
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...

I like Maggie too & think Moses is cool. I think that Maggie was cool when she was smart in finding out Charmaine going to her god sisters room & telling Gigi not to wear the blue clothes.

Gigi thinks she is so smart and conniving...Charmaine too.

I do not think they can match up to Maggie's character even though she is a maid.

Talking

I agree, Gigi and Charmaine are clever but they think too highly of their intelligence. Yes, they may be clever, but when they're compared to a simple maid like Maggie, they're nothing, really. Maggie can outwit both of them any day. I mean, she goes from a maid to being a powerful concubine! That's certainly something!

I want to see how Moses and Maggie's relationships develop. I really like them together. I don't know if him and Sheren will have the same sort of chemistry though...
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...

wow i love the movie saw like 5 tapes only =[

WOW THESE PEOPLE DO SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB especially sheren wow her role is amazing..gigi and charamaine are reallyyyy good also both acting to be innocent and stuff while they are like 100% evil. i cant picture charmaine being evil or evil YETS but surely gig and sheren are great in being evil hahas and gig in being two face. maggie well for now she is okay nothings going but she seems a nice one for NOW LOL i see more BOWIE AND CHARMAINE have more chemistry in the movie but i wanna know how does bowie is going to fall in love with gigi? kinda werid but i think bowie and charmaine to be together =X

is this serie out in vietnamese yet?
    WU ZUN ! <3

Finished episode 12. Gotta say Sheren is the best in the whole bunch.

Hey all.....

I've only just started watching this series on TVBJ...and it's not exactly a fast screening pace....

Anyway, I didn't think i would enjoy it, but i find myself really hanging on the every word that the characters speak to try and pick up hints and clues...of course, i don't do very well coz im not that kind of person...

When i was watching it, i actually thought that perhaps maggie might be charmaine's long lost sister...........
    There is always room to smile everyday. Alternatively, you can laugh yourself silly once a week.

sheren is absolutely great, of course. maggie cheung too! it's like her eyes can TALK~

it's pretty hard for me to understand because my chinese vocab is not that wide... they're talking in ancient chinese and that makes me go

liljymmmii
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by delia_k_00
    Hey all.....

I've only just started watching this series on TVBJ...and it's not exactly a fast screening pace....

Anyway, I didn't think i would enjoy it, but i find myself really hanging on the every word that the characters speak to try and pick up hints and clues...of course, i don't do very well coz im not that kind of person...

When i was watching it, i actually thought that perhaps maggie might be charmaine's long lost sister...........
    actually Jade is charmaine's long lost sister.

oh man after reading all these little "reviews" about this series i can't wait for it to come out in viet which won't be till probably the end of the year...gahh...i love maggie!! gigi's pretty, sheren is cool. charamine...err...i rather have someone else.

it'll be out in viet in january? the end of this year? ooooh :P
    WU ZUN ! <3

Originally Posted by realdeal
    Finished episode 12. Gotta say Sheren is the best in the whole bunch.
    I have to agree with you on that.. i love her character for her evilness
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

EVIL, EVIL. Everyone is evil. Scary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno323
    I have to agree with you on that.. i love her character for her evilness
    You bet! There are evil characters you just HATE, and then there are evil characters you actually like. Sheren certainly makes Yu Fei likable.

Red face

yea Sheren did prettie well in being evil but what she does is such a biatch especially to Maggie where she keeps insisting that she should be married to "gun gun"

so like how does Jade change Charmaine later on?

I think that Maggie & Moses have a connection in many ways besides the handkerchief. Such as playing the flute. I Can't wait to see Maggie give up all her love & hopes to be concubine.

I had a friend read the website to me and I was shocked to learn the reason why Maggie WANTS to become a concubine is to use the king's power for revenge. Her grandmother was ordered to be killed by the queen.

most probably because Maggie's grandma knew abt Concubine Yin (skeleton in well). Maggie's grandma used to served in the palace too

the empress/queen ordered maggies grandmother to be killed? hm... she seemed like a good person... was there some reason/"fu Chong"?

anyways my favorite characters are definately maggie and sheren.... Im not as interested in charmaine or gigi.......... yet

btw got a question for the history ppl... hm... does this series depict the true nature of the rivalry between concubines in the qing dynasty? was it really that ugly in the palace? everyone was against everyone else? And if it was... was it this bad in all the dynasties or was it just in the qing dynasty?