Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did H7G only teach the Beat Dog Stick Technique to Wong Yung?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    Probably also because you need high internal energy to learn XL18Z. The Beggar Union Chief did not, which caused him to become partially paralyzed.
    I don't think the Wu Brother have that high of internal energy, and they learn about one or two stances. While I think GF and GX doesn't even have one stance.

On the other hand, I think Yeh Lut Chai got as far as twelve or fifteen palms (not sure; I keep confusing his palms with See For Lung's).

Is it due to Ye Lu Qi's lack of caliber, or is it more so due to Guo Jing's lousy teaching, that he wasn't able to pick up all the palms? We all know that although Guo Jing has the inate talent for martial arts, I don't think he can teach very well.

Hong Lung 18 Palms isn't rocket science. In theory, anybody can learn the palms. It's the use of inner power that matters most in the Hong Lung 18 Palms. Yeh Lut Chai did not have quite enough inner power to wield the Hong Lung 18 Palms as a Great would.

also dun think he had the YLQ had the talent
    TaZzY InC

But I thought YLQ is talented in Martial arts, he is Zhou Bo tong's "disciple" afterall. and shouldn't he have picked up 9 yin from Guo Jing.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    But I thought YLQ is talented in Martial arts, he is Zhou Bo tong's "disciple" afterall. and shouldn't he have picked up 9 yin from Guo Jing.
    Yeh Lut Chai was talented in the martial arts, but not like his father-in-law Gwok Jing or his good friend Yeung Gor were. Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor were special, once-in-a-generation type talents. Yeh Lut Chai wasn't bad, but he wasn't Greats material.

But if it is really so hard to have the power to wield the dragon palms, there are quite some beggar sect leaders between Xiao Feng and Hong Qi Gong. If it's really so "one in a lifetime" I would have thought that the dragon palms will be lost some where in between.

Besides, are Guo Jing and Yang Guo really that talented? They are talented no doubt, but as always they seem to require some external help to get to where they are (Such as Guo Jing accidentally drinking the snake's blood in his earlier days, snake bladders for Yang Guo). Maybe it's just because Ye Lu Qi never received the good luck they have, along with the bad luck of course, that he wasn't able to reach the level they were at.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    But if it is really so hard to have the power to wield the dragon palms, there are quite some beggar sect leaders between Xiao Feng and Hong Qi Gong. If it's really so "one in a lifetime" I would have thought that the dragon palms will be lost some where in between.

Besides, are Guo Jing and Yang Guo really that talented? They are talented no doubt, but as always they seem to require some external help to get to where they are (Such as Guo Jing accidentally drinking the snake's blood in his earlier days, snake bladders for Yang Guo). Maybe it's just because Ye Lu Qi never received the good luck they have, along with the bad luck of course, that he wasn't able to reach the level they were at.
    YeLu Qi was not the hero you see. If it was "Adventures of Yelu Qi" it'd have been completely different.

To me, YeLu Qi's problem is more of practicing different types of martial art althought he have QZ internal energy. He was at first practicing Vacant Fist(a soft technique) switching to XL18Z(hard) would be really hard to master. I not very sure I think H7G did say even if GJ taught it to HR and in turn taught it to HYS, he might not be able to learn it(different in styles). I'm not very sure, so I'll go reread the chapter again. but that is what I remember he said.

EDIT: okay, H7G did say that even if HYS wanted to learn his martial art, it would be really hard on him. then he goes on to talking about how different in martial art of his and HYS
    Last edited by TaiHan; 10-29-04 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    EDIT: okay, H7G did say that even if HYS wanted to learn his martial art, it would be really hard on him. then he goes on to talking about how different in martial art of his and HYS
    Interestingly, however, Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, and Yeung Gor each learned elements of both North Beggar and East Heretic's martial arts, so it's definitely possible to be proficient at both.

proficient - yes... great- nope
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Interestingly, however, Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, and Yeung Gor each learned elements of both North Beggar and East Heretic's martial arts, so it's definitely possible to be proficient at both.
    well, this topic was discussed in the past

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...2&page=1&pp=20

GJ/YG are genius so I leave them out. Although YG did have some problem at the beginning. HR learned some normal fist techniques from H7G, so it shouldn't be to hard to master. The Dog beating stick is more external technique, it have less contradiction in the internal energy usage. Ye LuQi was practicing a soft type of energy(Vacant fist) then later a hard type of energy(XL18Z), it probably hard for him to get adjust to it. Also Dog Beating Stick is quite different from H7G other techniques which are usually hard. While the Dog Beating Stick is soft within the hard, probably due to some softness in the technique allow HR to learn it more easily. but if it were XL18Z, I highly doubt that she could learn it.

also remember H7G said If

another explaination said by ZBT, H7G,(which I highly doubt it) is that GJ have QZ internal energy. but we can see that Ye LuQi have QZ internal energy also, but it doesn't seem he was able to master it.

ZBT also said that due to his QZ internal energy that GJ could learn L/R techniques, which most of us of already speculated that GJ have a pure mind and not QZ internal energy.