Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: if you could rewrite any jin yong novel

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Default if you could rewrite any jin yong novel

with all the rewrites, revisions and different editions coming out ; how would you change your favorite jin yong story.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

OMG, a one-off script i written for hsds. still looking for inspiration and info for episode 42: saving xiao chao in persia.

Script for Episode 41: an alternative ending?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mongols are defeated. The Ming fighters triumphed in happiness. However, a Mongol general stood up, fired an arrow in the direction of zwj. zzr saw it and dashed forward. she was shot and tumbled backwards a few times. yang xiao threw a dragger at the Mongol general whom fell to the ground.

Lying down on zwj's arms, zzr said, "with this arrow, whatever I owe you I think I have paid you back. before dying, can zhiruo ask you a question? Has wuji ge ge ever loved zhiruo before?"

Grief-stricken and with tears rolling down his cheeks, zwj answered with emotion, "got. got. got. please do not leave wuji. You can't leave me like that. We have not finished our wedding vows."

zzr smiled and fainted. wudang zsf arrived to treat zzr. zsf noted that as the poison in the arrow has penetrated zzr's all six internal organs, whether zzr survived will depend on how much she love zwj now.

zwj took good care of zzr, sponging her forehead very now and then. miracleously, zzr woke up in the middle of the night, held zwj's hand and asked whether what he said earlier was true. zwj held zzr's hand tightly and nodded his head. he added, "please rest. when you are fine, we will proceed with our wedding". zzr then asked zwj to rest too. zwj dozed off sitting on the grass.

the next morning, zwj was awaken by yang xiao. yang xiao remarked that he was not able to stop zzr and the other er-mei disciples from leaving. zzr also wanted yang xiao to pass a message to zwj - please do not chase after her. she has decided to be a nun.

zwj was shaken. bat king said, "leader, do not worry. with my qingong, i believe i will be able to find zzr soon". off he flew and followed by the others.

bat king located zzr and the disciples and stopped their path. he sent up a signal and soon zwj and the others arrived.

seeing zzr, zwj knelt down and begged her not to leave. zzr did not relent, adding that it's better for her not to get hurt again.

at this juncture, zsf and the others also knelt down. zzr knelt donw immediatley.
    zsf said that being so old, he has only two regrets in life. One was the failure to save his favourite disciple cuishan. the second was his mistake to send zzr to er-mei and hence resulted in her much suffering. he hoped that he will never has a third. he then asked zzr to forgive zwj, noting that he does not want zwj to suffer the same fate as wuji's father and his favorite disciple zhang cuishan. he added that so long as he is alive, he will make sure zwj will not bully zzr.

tearfully, zzr said that she is forever grateful to zsf and has never blamed zsf for sending her to er-mei. she then held zsf up. zwj dashed forward and hug zzr tightly.

a wedding ceremony was soon held. fan yao jokingly asked where he stopped the previous time. yang xiao gave a knock on his head. after exchanging vows, zwj added that he and his wife have something to announce.

zwj noted that yang xiao will take over ming sect. zzr then added that since she is now married, he has to follow her husband. she hence appoint her da shi jie to be the next er-mei leader, gave her the manuals for the nine jing claws + dragon skills and advising her to practise the skills correctly. moreover, she has plans. the cheeky bat-king remarked, "to have little wuji n zhiruos is it?"
    that night, zwj held zzr's hand tightly, promised that he will take good care of her and then consumated their wedding.

the next morning, zwj woke up and realized that zzr has disappeared again. zwj decided to retire from the pugilist world, in search of zzr. for days, he walked and walked, asking people about whether they have saw zzr. one night, he reached the tavern. looking inside, he was surprised to see zzr. he rushed forward, gave zzr a hug and remarked, "for two months, i have been looking for you. now that i have found you, i will not let you go again".

zwj took a look at the table and was startled when he saw two wine cups. then, zm appeared. zzr held zwj's hand and zm's hand and put them together. she remarked that, "anyway, both of you are actually one pair".

zm replied, "i do not know whether we or you are lucky. zhiruo jie jie and i have decided to go persia to bring back xiao chao. thereafter we will then go and find you. u are really a hopeless man, we always have to make decisions for you.
    on hindsight though, it is good as there will be another pair of hands to look after wuji didi and zhiruo mei mei".

after some thinking, that useless zwj then realized that zm was talking about his offspring. he leaned forward and touched zzr's tummy. zzr nodded her head.

zm then added, "now we can only hope that our future offsprings will never be like you, always hurting people's hearts. for males, the best is to have xiao chao's character - always take good care of people. for females, she should have zhiruo's jie jie beauty." zzr said, "and zm's mei mei's adorable".

holding each girl's hand, zwj, zzr and zm left the tavern in search of xiao chao.

I have always felt sorry for OYK in LOCH. I did not think that he was a "evil" as some adaptations made him to be. I actually felt that he really did loved HR. Thus if I were to be able to rewrite JY's LOCH, perhaps to slightly amend it so that he would be a real rival for HR's affections. One whereby HR is also slightly attracted to him instead of being 100% in love with GJ.

In JY's LOCH, I sometimes felt that GJ and HR have a too perfect love story, one which GJ had never doubted HR.

I know that's stupid but I sometimes felt that for once in JY's novel, perhaps the girls should also be given a chance to "choose" between 2 men and not let the men have all the fun.

eg. HSDS : ZWJ between four girls
    LOCH : GJ betwwen HR and HZ
    ROCH : YG with so many girls (other than his Gu Gu)
    DOMD : WXB with 7 wives
    Legend of sword and book : Chen Jia Lok between Princess Xiang Xiang and HCT

just to name a few.....

wow thats a really good ending. at least everyone's happy, esp poor zhiruo. but if it were me ill rewrite it such a way that ALL the girls dump zhang wuji and find themselves a real man. hes a useless loser that doesnt deserve any of them. in the end he served under zhu yuan zhang as his personal enuch "zhang gong gong" lol

I know that's stupid but I sometimes felt that for once in JY's novel, perhaps the girls should also be given a chance to "choose" between 2 men and not let the men have all the fun.
    Should read them more carefully then.

- XAJH: YLS dumped LHC for LPZ.
    - DGSD: WYY dumped MRF for DY at the end.
    - DGSD: The blind Ah Zi for a while was very fond of YTZ with the fake identity, instead of Xiao Feng.
    - LDJ: WXB's wife, Ah Ka, used to love the Taiwanese prince.
    - ROCH: GF had 4 men to choose from (although one wasn't quite available): the two Wu brothers, Yang Guo and Ye Lu Chai.
    - HSDS: Ji Xiao Fu had Yang Xiao and Yin Lei Ting.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

not entirely accurate

- XAJH: YLS dumped LHC for LPZ. she didnt dump lhc
    she has always look to him as an elder brother

mrf dumped her first, duan yu was more like a spare tyre

- DGSD: The blind Ah Zi for a while was very fond of YTZ with the fake identity, instead of Xiao Feng.
    ah zi only looked up to him cus she thought he was some kind of hero, she only loved qiaofeng throughout the whole story

You missed the point. The point is that the girls have choices. Who they choose to love is another matter.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Should read them more carefully then.

- XAJH: YLS dumped LHC for LPZ.
    - LDJ: WXB's wife, Ah Ka, used to love the Taiwanese prince.
    - ROCH: GF had 4 men to choose from (although one wasn't quite available): the two Wu brothers, Yang Guo and Ye Lu Chai.
    - HSDS: Ji Xiao Fu had Yang Xiao and Yin Lei Ting.
    hehehe... you are right, I did forget about them but the ladies leads (main characters) usually saw "one" and love for life.

I was talking about how the lead should be given a chance to choose between 2 good guys, which is why I was thinking of making OYK a better character so that HR could choose

Anyway....
    XAJH : Main lead (RYY only had eyes for LHC) and the whole story is how RYY waited around for LHC to "forget" his siau si mei.
    DGSD : WYY's choice was pretty apparent. DY who valued her above all or MRF who will always place her 2nd next to his desire to reestablish his dynasty.
    LDJ : LOL. That's not love. That's lust..... (7 to one)
    HSDS : Ji Xiao Fu is always in love with Yang Xiao and not Yin Lei Ting.

Quote Originally Posted by steffy
    LDJ : LOL. That's not love. That's lust..... (7 to one)
    Actually, 4 of WSB's wives had other choices, Fong Yee had her Si Hing, the Princess had Ng Ying Hung, Ah Or had Zhang Hack Song and Ah Chun "Hung Fu Yun" had the leader Hung.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow8899
    Actually, 4 of WSB's wives had other choices, Fong Yee had her Si Hing, the Princess had Ng Ying Hung, Ah Or had Zhang Hack Song and Ah Chun "Hung Fu Yun" had the leader Hung.
    But all those rivals are really lousy campared to WXB. 3 are losers, 1 is an old man.
    This is so unlike the heroes who always have many great girls to choose from.

But, I do feel a little sorry for Ng Ying Hung. He truly likes Princess Jian Ling (at least that is what is shown in DOMD 98) despite her many bad traits.

Default continuing in this thread

anyone can help me with this for my episode 42 of hsds: saving xiao zhao in persia

(1) as zwj, zm and zzr are in dadu = beijing, they will need to travel to persia = modern day iran. is it better to go by sea or by land? logistics not a problem as zm afterall is still a princess (remember the mongolians have not been chased out yet). how long will it take roughly to reach persia by ship or horse? i think they will need a few horses/camels/donkeys too

(2) finding xiao zhao in persia should not be a problem too as zwj will have some admirers there. zm should be able to help too. but, is xiao zhao a princess or leader of the persia ming cult? is the persia ming cult different from the ruling party of persia? if so, should xiao zhao be in some mountainous area?

(3) any other comments to make episode 42 interesting is welcome. hehe.

if i could rewrite the novels, i'd love to make the following changes :

DGSD

Make either TSTL, LQS, or WYZ fight with either XF, SM, MRB, or XYS before XZ suck them dry just to gauge how powerful they are.

Make MRF more powerful at the end but remained insane, but a final exchange with either DY or XZ would be great.

LOCH

Make YK more powerful and as talented as GJ and died in a memorable fight instead of just because of the lame poison.

ROCH

Make all-out fights between GWM and GJ at least once.

HSDS

Make ZSF fight with 3 Shaolin Elders and Yelllow Dressed Girl with ZWJ

XAJH

FQY vs DFBB
    LHC vs RWX

Ode To Gallantry:

Confirm that Shi Po Tian is Shi Zhong Jian. Then all 3 (mom, dad and son) have a happy family reunion.

also, i felt a bit sorry for hua zhen in loch. sob sob sob.
    afterall, the mongols took in jy's mum, treat her as part of the tribe, hua zhen grew up with jy, and before jy went for china, agreed to marry her when he is back.

thus, if i have a choice, i will let hua zhen escape and elope with jy. just hope hr do not mind. hehe.

hmm, so violent. why make yang jie jie fight with zwj. afterall, yang jie jie supposed to be good.
    better to ask yang jie jie to assist zwj to fight against the three elders. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by FoieGras
    if i could rewrite the novels, i'd love to make the following changes :

DGSD

Make either TSTL, LQS, or WYZ fight with either XF, SM, MRB, or XYS before XZ suck them dry just to gauge how powerful they are.

Make MRF more powerful at the end but remained insane, but a final exchange with either DY or XZ would be great.

LOCH

Make YK more powerful and as talented as GJ and died in a memorable fight instead of just because of the lame poison.

ROCH

Make all-out fights between GWM and GJ at least once.

HSDS

Make ZSF fight with 3 Shaolin Elders and Yelllow Dressed Girl with ZWJ

XAJH

FQY vs DFBB
    LHC vs RWX

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    also, i felt a bit sorry for hua zhen in loch. sob sob sob.
    afterall, the mongols took in jy's mum, treat her as part of the tribe, hua zhen grew up with jy, and before jy went for china, agreed to marry her when he is back.

thus, if i have a choice, i will let hua zhen escape and elope with jy. just hope hr do not mind. hehe.
    You mean GJ, don't u?

yes, should be gj, not jy. thks for pointing out the blunder. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    You mean GJ, don't u?

How about rewriting Legend of Book and Sword...and making Chen Jia Luo less of incompetent jerk like CJL picking Huo Qing Tong and not her sister Princess Smelly and not being too stupid to QianLong's lies...make some kind of circumstance where CJL couldn't choose or things just happens unintentionally. But still I hated when CJL chose Smelly Princess. But I guess JY made it that way so Smelly Princess dies and the whole connection with QL.

But I still want to know what would happen if CJL chose HQT and perhaps everything would be different?

OK...I'm sleepy now so I really don't care if I'm making sense...good nite everyone.....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    hmm, so violent. why make yang jie jie fight with zwj. afterall, yang jie jie supposed to be good.
    better to ask yang jie jie to assist zwj to fight against the three elders. hehe.
    can u kill off zhang wuji and make the 4 girls dump him instead ? i really hate that guy

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    can u kill off zhang wuji and make the 4 girls dump him instead ? i really hate that guy
    Want to qualify that one, qf?