Thread: For the fans of the XMCS and Luk Siu Fung characters,

Default For the fans of the XMCS and Luk Siu Fung characters,

don't know if you'd like this or not but this is the fictional battle between Soh Sau Ying and Sai Mun chui shuet. It's from the comic. Not the one by Chen Chok Wah which is mostly his own story but the other one by King Tung whose storyline is much more accurate.

But that battle is his own story which was longer compared to the original novel. Hope you find it exciting. I can only narrate here.

SSY's chopstick in his hand is broken by a drop of blood shot by XCMS.

XMCS: I heard that Emei's sword skills is the best among the 5 schools. I think now that's only rumour.

SSY: Who dares to berate my Emei sword skills?

(Fast forward this part as it is same in the novel where So Sau Ying picks the heavier sword and the 20 years comment by XMCS)

SSY launches his first move of his Sabre-sword skill: the 7 combined jabs". XMCS ducks and keeps on ducking but SSY keeps on missing.

SSY: Damn! Why don't you respond? You look down on me?

SSY uses the second move:sword turning the sky.

He keeps on spinning with repeated slashes upward like a tornado that carries a blade. XMCS is now standing on a tall pillar-like stone and as SSY moves upward,all XMCS' ways of jumping out of the "tornado" are blocked.

XMCS smiles with joy like a child filled with happiness after discovering a new toy.

By the time SSY almost slashes XMCS,XMCS uses his sword's sheath(note here he hasn't even unsheathed his sword) with just one stab to SSY.SSY reacts by using his heavy sword as a shield.

Third move by SSY:stab overturning the river.

XMCS uses his sheath to protect himself but the force of SSY's slash from upwards is too strong and the rock under him breaks.

SSY:The time has arrived!

SSY's fourth move:Victory stab(strange in a way that the enemy cannot anticipate what comes next and aimed for the eyes,ears,throat and heart.)

SSY misses each time and the tip of his sword only hits XMCS's sheath.

SSY:Impossible!Doesn't this sword move have many changes?

XMCS:Good. This sabre-sword style is very good.It can be better.I've never seen such a good sword style for so long.But for me, a sword is just for killing.All sword moves in this world are the same!In this world there is only one type of sword art... The best sword art!!

SSY feels offended as if it was XMCS's sword itself that stabbed him through th heart.

XMCS:Inexperienced boy,this is my last advice.Stop!Come find me in 20 years!

(Fast forward some dialogue by SSY)

XMCS finally takes out his sword but holds it with both hands.

SSY uses the fifth move Folding the cloud stabs which causes a vacuum and sends the swords and sabres from the surrounding area heading straight for sai mun.

XMCS uses the same move that SSY used earlier Stab overturning the river but is more powerful and sends the weapons breaking while the force pushes SSY to hit a wall which breaks behind him.

The sixth move is a last ditch attempt to win by SSY which is called Slashing style of sword-sabre combination. The image formed is as if there were 2 SSYs in which one is holding a sabre and the other a sword.

XMCS gets hit by the sword chi and bleeds but is very happy because he hasn't been hurt in a long time and uses his Summer rain sword skill at full force.

Both clash.

After that,SSY says:I've been beaten because I didn't master this skill 100%.If I learned the seventh move,I would have won.

XMCS:The seventh move?

SSY's chest breaks out in blood while he says "I'm not satisfied!"

XMCS:You're still young, why do you want to look for death?Where will I find another equal opponent after 20 years?

Fa Mun Lau: If that's so why did you kill him?

XMCS:I only know killing moves.

My comment:Overall very good in the comic but SSY's end was slow and unsatisfying which should have been more satisfying with a thrust to the throat like a fish being gutted like in the novel .
    Last edited by Mr. Mok; 10-26-04 at 08:49 AM.

Now *there's* a fight that went on too long. Soo Siu Ying wasn't *that* good!

Still, it's a well-described piece...the writer and illustrator put alot of work into it. Gu Long just made it one and out.