Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****TVB 2005 Calender****

Quote Originally Posted by MsPowerbomb
    The calendar's alright but there are SO many people missing that should be in it! Especially like you guys have already mentioned, War and Beauty cast: Maggie, Gigi, Sheran...I CANNOT believe that they're not in there!!!!! And where's Louis Koo, Michael Tong, Joyce Tang, Sunny Chan, Marco Ngai, Leila Tong, Wong Hei....GOSH what is wrong with TVB. The HK pagent winners should be cut! Mandy, Lai Kok Yi shouldn't be in there. My oh my...TVB has done it this time. Is anyone actually completely satisfied with this?
    I ditto with you.
    WU ZUN ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Saceanguis
    Miss Hong Kong (1st, 2nd, 3rd place): W.T.F.
    Charmaine Sheh: She got a reason to
    Sammul Chan: okay...
    Bosco Wong: cool
    Nancy Sit: I respect her
    Shirley Yeung: just a few words... DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!! (for the good of human kind and the TV industry)
    Lai Kok Yi: WHO?
    Jessica Hsuan: It will be wrong if she's not it
    Roger Kwok: cool guy
    Raymond Lam: Should be tied to a rock and drown
    Tavia Yeung: go to hell
    Moses Chan: he got a reason to
    Myolie Wu: Should be thrown off a cliff while tied to a rock.
    Anne Heung: should be incinerated by my flame rockets
    Bowie Lam: he's respectable
    Ada Choi: she should be in
    Frankie Lam: he's the spotlight i guess...
    Michelle Ye: Dubious
    Kenneth Ma: should burn in hell
    Adam Cheng: Cool guy, tends to drop the stock market though...
    Melissa Ng: I don't mind her in there.
    Ron Ng: This guy... fine
    Bernice Liu: Okie... VoH is good
    Bobby Au Yeung: He should be there
    Sonija Kwok: ...i think i'll let her in
    Joe Ma: Cool guy
    Flora Chan: I like her acting.
    Kenix Kwok: cool
    Kevin Cheng: good guy
    Mandy Cho: should be taken out and shot

The "should be but not in"s:
    Annie Man: duh.
    Marco Ngai: he got stuff to show
    Joyce Tang: she got stuff to show.
    Leila Tong: she's special.
    ---darn SG..u're so violent but i agree wit u though...the only peepz i like in that calendar are frankie, ada, flora, ron, bernice, nancy, and kevin...the rest my god no..--

Unhappy

Like everyone else in here, i don't really like this year calendar...the backgrounds are nice but just the pairing and the pics. i mean, some actresses/actors pics. look kinda weird. The ways that the ppl pose and smile in the last year calendar look more natural and fun.
    *Fav. Starz* [Dylan G, Louis K, Blue L, Julian Ch, Kevin Ch, Roger K, Chris L, Ruby L, Ady An, Leila T, Jessica Hs, Joyce T, Cecilia Ch, Noel L, Alyssa Ch, Lee Jung Huyn, Namie Amuro, Boa]

wat is this calender trying 2 tell?!!! y is TVB simply pairng ppl up?!! n where the heck is Leila?

Isn't it weird that Adam Cheung is in there but Damian isn't? Although...I don't know if I either of them really fits in there. And wasn't Kwong Wa in the 2004 calendar, but got cut this year? Has Steven Ma been any of them yet?

The guy's name is Lai LOK Yi.
    Not only is he dissed in here, we can't even get his name right.
    Poor guy.

I think TVB did ok with their choice of people to feature in the 2005 calendar. There's a lot of new people, granted, but it's probably a preview of who's going to be promoted heavily and brought to the forefront next year.

If you have a calendar with the same people over and over again, you might as well not have a different calendar each year.
    Last edited by gooze; 11-03-04 at 12:08 AM.
    "The who having wha with huh?"

i TOTALLY disagree with the matching n the ppl. y isn't steven ma n leila tong in it?!!! n y r they pairing all the old ppl with the young one?!!

Quote Originally Posted by concerned
    i TOTALLY disagree with the matching n the ppl. y isn't steven ma n leila tong in it?!!! n y r they pairing all the old ppl with the young one?!!

Why SHOULD Leila Tong be in it?

The calendar isnt about whom fans fancied but whom TVB fancies. Anyway, Leila Tong isnt in the top brass. I dont think TVB is so charitable.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Hi everyone! My first post on this forum. Please dor dor tssi gau.
    I was hoping to confirm, is it just my computer screen or just my eyes, or the angle, or a sloppy photoshop job, it seems to me that Bobby's leg on the October calendar is missing? Anyone else sees the same?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned
    Whose the old people and young one that you are talking about?

I think the calendar is okay. Like one of the members said, "If we has a calendar that was the same over & over again we (the public) would not be interested."

I think they posted these certain actors together for to promote their upcoming work on new series. I E. Frankie & Michelle in "King of Medicine/Herb" (please forgive I forgot.) Steven & Kenix in "Hotel Turmoil."

Also maybe just 1 or 2 past work recently like Bobbie & Sonia in "Hidden Treasures."

As far as I'm concerned, if the main purpose of this calendar is to help those future big names, then Leila deserves to be in there.

I'm not happy about the calendar (I'm sure some will agree with me), mainly because TVB is inconsistent. Someone argued earlier that they probably left some of the older stars out because they want to promote new guys. If so, how come Adam Cheng is in there? And haven't Roger Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Kenix Kwok and Ada Choi been in countless calendars before?

If the calendar is a reflection of popularity/acting skills/whether or not a certain artist deserves to have the "elite status", then some of those younger stars should have been excluded, and Wong He/Sunny Chan/Marco Ngai/Joyce Tang et al. should have been included.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    As far as I'm concerned, if the main purpose of this calendar is to help those future big names, then Leila deserves to be in there.

I'm not happy about the calendar (I'm sure some will agree with me), mainly because TVB is inconsistent. Someone argued earlier that they probably left some of the older stars out because they want to promote new guys. If so, how come Adam Cheng is in there? And haven't Roger Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Kenix Kwok and Ada Choi been in countless calendars before?

If the calendar is a reflection of popularity/acting skills/whether or not a certain artist deserves to have the "elite status", then some of those younger stars should have been excluded, and Wong He/Sunny Chan/Marco Ngai/Joyce Tang et al. should have been included.
    Unfortunately that's not what TVB thinks. Leila's been in the business for yonks. Obviously TVB either doesn't like her or doesn't think she's worthy of being promoted or would become a big name in the future.

Yes, I reckon the calendar is a stamp of one's 'elite status' within TVB. It's also a reflection of whom TVB thinks is important or will be important/popular the coming year (whether or not that person is already popular now). So I guess we can sorta assume that TVB doesn't think those people who were left out were worthy of their promotion or such 'elite status' because of certain reasons unfathomable to us - it could be because they're not full-time artists or they rubbed TVB up the wrong way or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by gooze
    Unfortunately that's not what TVB thinks. Leila's been in the business for yonks. Obviously TVB either doesn't like her or doesn't think she's worthy of being promoted or would become a big name in the future.
    I know, but she started out as a child star, and only recently started playing adult roles in TVB productions, so she qualifies as a "newcomer" to some extent.

Anyway, my main complaint wasn't even her not being in the calendar.

oh man! so many newcomers... who are they??? and where are all the 'old-timers' like steven ma and louis koo and jess and joyce tong and marcus ngai and... oooo... so many others? am i just out of touch or what?

i agree abt leila tong... i really feel that TVB shld give her more opportunities and bigger roles. they shld really try getting their priorities right...

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

i have no idea who lai lok yi is! i don't recognize his face either. but the calendar is pretty... my mom says so too. do you get it at tvb rental stores or something?

Quote Originally Posted by gooze
    Why SHOULD Leila Tong be in it?
    of coz she deserves 2 b in the calender! she's supposed 2 b among the up-coming rising stars of TVB! how else is she in 'tai hit yan hei wong' column together with other rising stars whom i notice is in the calender such as Raymond, Tav, Ron n Lai Lok Yi....anyway if Lai Lok Yi can b in the calender, y can't Leila?!!! i'm sure everyone would prefer her than the guy!!!!

how many lead actors/actresses and upcoming lead actors/actresses does TVB have? might as well include EVERYBODY in.

Leila had like 3 series this year? Two were lead. Lai Lok Yi/Kenneth arn't very famous, they didn't have any leading series, totally suck at acting and they're butt ugly.

I personally thought michelle/frankie/nancy shouldn't be in the calendar.
    Last edited by bebe_girl; 11-05-04 at 12:35 PM.