Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: The Real Damo and Z3F

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,097

    Default The Real Damo and Z3F

    I wonder how many of you think the real Damo, in actual history, invented YJJ and 72 movement.

    Also did Z3F, in actual history, invented Taiji that the modern day Taiji(such as Yang, Wu, Chen, Sun, etc.) derive from?

    just wanted to see your opinions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Thai guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Sorry, it might be out of topic, but also wonder what if Damo v. Z3F, who will win?

  3. #3
    Senior Member qiaofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gai Bang
    Posts
    472

    Default

    damo most defininately, hes probably even more powerful than sweeper monk

  4. #4
    Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    who's Damo?

    who is Z3F's sifu?

  5. #5
    Senior Member qiaofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gai Bang
    Posts
    472

    Default

    damo was the founder of shaolin, he also created the 72 jue ji. zhang sanfengs sifu was a shaolin monk as he used to be from shaolin

  6. #6
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    damo was the founder of shaolin, he also created the 72 jue ji. zhang sanfengs sifu was a shaolin monk as he used to be from shaolin
    Actually, Damo was *not* the founder of Shaolin, but he probably did visit Shaolin in its early days and probably shared some of his Buddhist enlightenment (and possibly ideas that contributed to martial arts as well).

  7. #7
    Senior Member Tazzy1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tazzy Land
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    damo would certainly beat Z3F to pulp
    TaZzY InC

  8. #8
    Senior Member qiaofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gai Bang
    Posts
    472

    Default

    oh wasnt he ? cus the shaolin monks always referred to him as damo zhu shi, which means founder.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    oh wasnt he ? cus the shaolin monks always referred to him as damo zhu shi, which means founder.
    he considered(not actually true) as the founder of martial art, the origin of martial art. that is why almost everyone regardless of sect call him Damo zhu shi.

    Shaolin was found a long time before Damo came. When he came to Shaolin, the shaolin did not let him in because he was a foreign person. so he waited 9 years in a cave outside of shaolin, until they let him in. there are alot of stories in his 9 years of waiting and meditating.

    also Damo in actual history did not create the 72 techniques of shaolin, it was created by some rich guy who decided to become a monk at shaolin, which he develop it from the lohan fist(i think). In the novel, Damo only created some of 72 techniques.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Thai guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    663

    Default

    There was a TV series about "Damo" by TVB came out for perhaps more than ten years ago, if I could remember exactly. In the series, it showed that Damo was a monk from India who came to be the head of Shaolin but Shaolin itself has been in China long before Damo.

  11. #11
    Senior Member qiaofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gai Bang
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    he considered(not actually true) as the founder of martial art, the origin of martial art. that is why almost everyone regardless of sect call him Damo zhu shi.

    Shaolin was found a long time before Damo came. When he came to Shaolin, the shaolin did not let him in because he was a foreign person. so he waited 9 years in a cave outside of shaolin, until they let him in. there are alot of stories in his 9 years of waiting and meditating.

    also Damo in actual history did not create the 72 techniques of shaolin, it was created by some rich guy who decided to become a monk at shaolin, which he develop it from the lohan fist(i think). In the novel, Damo only created some of 72 techniques.
    u mean theres actually such a thing as 72 jue ji in real life ??

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    u mean theres actually such a thing as 72 jue ji in real life ??
    well, yes

    it was a question at the top

  13. #13
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    The 72 Jue Ji do exist in Shaolin, but not the one's Jinyong wrote of.

  14. #14
    Senior Member qiaofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gai Bang
    Posts
    472

    Default

    wow. do they still have it now ? or is it lost. and is it available to the public ?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Battosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    I wonder how many of you think the real Damo, in actual history, invented YJJ and 72 movement.

    Also did Z3F, in actual history, invented Taiji that the modern day Taiji(such as Yang, Wu, Chen, Sun, etc.) derive from?

    just wanted to see your opinions.
    Damo: fake

    Z3F: most historians believe he's not connected to taijiquan in any way whatsoever.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    They're both mythical characters.

  17. #17
    Senior Member rabadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    u mean theres actually such a thing as 72 jue ji in real life ??
    Check out Wuxia style/stance for each wuxia school for the list of 72 Shaolin style.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Tazzy1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tazzy Land
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Are there any historical records of Shaolin temple??
    TaZzY InC

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battosai
    Damo: fake

    Z3F: most historians believe he's not connected to taijiquan in any way whatsoever.
    those are my exact thoughts

    there were never any proof, that those people created those arts. My big question is when and where the rumor started.

  20. #20
    Junior Member Doughboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    In the novel, Damo only created some of 72 techniques.
    That's true. When Kau Mo Zi challenged Shaolin in DGSD, the monks explained that some of the 72 arts were created by Shaolin monks of earlier generations.

Similar Threads

  1. DAMO w/ English subtitles!!!
    By austinosarang in forum Japanese/Korean Dramas
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-20-07, 11:10 AM
  2. Damo
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-07, 11:56 PM
  3. Damo vs Sweeper
    By Yeung Gor in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-09-06, 12:41 AM
  4. Who's stronger??? Original Z3F or married Z3F
    By Loke-Gao-Zhu in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-06, 03:15 AM
  5. Z3f and DAMO
    By duguxiaojing in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-04, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •