Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Isabella Leong

isabella leong looks older than 17.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tinypic.com/dm2l2r.jpg')

when I first saw her she remind me Ma Su, I just saw Bug me not I it was pretty good she looks pretty good with Wilson....

Can anyone tell me where can I d/l that english song by Wilson ( i think) from Bug me not I...
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Brilliantbrunettegirl15/isabella.jpg')

I think she's really pretty. Her acting and singing skills still need improvement, but alot of the new and young actresses and singers still need improvement too.
    Last edited by PersonalAngel; 07-26-08 at 07:36 PM.
    Human brains automatically forget hardships if there are too many of them.
    That's why I forget things frequently.

I think in those studio pics she look pretty... in live pics, she looks really skinny and frail.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I've always found YM's and her nose similar-looking.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

First of all, who is she? and second of all, what is she famous for? don't tell me it's just because she's mixed, pretty, and young, because that would be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by L4love View Post
    First of all, who is she? and second of all, what is she famous for? don't tell me it's just because she's mixed, pretty, and young, because that would be sad.
    Isabella Leong is an actress and Cantonese singer from Macau. She starred in a movie called "Spiderlilies" with Rainie Yang.
    Human brains automatically forget hardships if there are too many of them.
    That's why I forget things frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalAngel View Post
    Isabella Leong is an actress and Cantonese singer from Macau. She starred in a movie called "Spiderlilies" with Rainie Yang.

is she any good? in both acting and singing.
    nothing against her, just asking.

Let's just say there's nothing spectacular about her singing.

I've never heard her sing before and her initial acting was pretty stiff and raw (u know, the typical idolish newcomer type) but apparently she has ditched the teeny pop image from before and has gone for more serious movies such as "Isabella", "The Knot" and "Spider Lilies", all of which she has received positive reviews.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

She was pretty impressive in Spider Lillies. You gotta give all newcomers a few years to mature and grow more comfortable with their line of work. I mean, this girl began when she was what, 15 or 16? I don't expect anything great at that tender age. And in this case she has proven she isn't just an eye-candy, typical HK artist by selecting projects with more substance thus successfully sheds the teenage-bop, bubble gum image.

oh...ok, i see. i should try out some of her movies or series. but about singing, i can't really tell since i don't speak cantonese. so i'm not sure who's good and who's bad.

man, she's hot in those pix....look like one of my future wife

after watching Spider Lilies, she looks very different from those pics. i think i'm the only one who thinks so.
    about the series, i think her acting was good, but i still couldn't understand the movie at all, it's too deep for me.

after watching Spider Lilies, she looks very different from those pics. i think i'm the only one who thinks so.
    about the series, i think her acting was good, but i still couldn't understand the movie at all, it's too deep for me.

In the movie she was supposed to be an ordinary looking, tomboy-ish type of girl so thats probably why she looks different.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

oh, that's what's so great about the movie. you should go onto youtube and watch all the explanations by the director who also wrote the script and the lyrics to the title song.

I think simply put, behind every tattoo lies a story. A deep, painful or powerful story that the person either wish to forget or remember with the carving of the tattoo.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 07-28-07 at 04:15 PM.

stupid me, it supposed to be a movie. did i say series? so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks
    oh, that's what's so great about the movie. you should go onto youtube and watch all the explanations by the director who also wrote the script and the lyrics to the title song.

I think simply put, behind every tattoo lies a story. A deep, painful or powerful story that the person either wish to forget or remember with the carving of the tattoo.
    that was the first thing that popped up in my head after watching the movie, but the ending was too sudden for me. but i don't hate it or anything. i guess i'm used to happy movies and series more. this one was quite different, that's why.

stupid me, it supposed to be a movie. did i say series? so dumb.

that was the first thing that popped up in my head after watching the movie, but the ending was too sudden for me. but i don't hate it or anything. i guess i'm used to happy movies and series more. this one was quite different, that's why.
    yeah, I know what you mean with the ending. it just sort of drops right there and leave you thinking, "huh? then what? what's that supposed to mean?" But I suppose that's what's independent films are all about. Most of the time they do not promise a happy and nicely tied-up ending and they write in so much hidden meanings for you to figure out. Independent films are definitely more of a puzzle to piece together by yourself than a typical, commercial driven film, where it's all laid out for you and nothing hidden.

Oh I love her:X :X :X I love Spider Lilies too! I'm a lesbian ^_^
    Rjkk0 4k4kkj l0v3 T4k3k0 js4b3ll4 43v3r...

Ok my opinion of Isabella...

I USED to dislike her. Well not really, sort of neutral, but wasn't impressed when she first became famous because I thought her singing sucked a$$ BUT with that said, her acting is in an entirely different category. It's improved alot and so much quicker than most Chinese actresses/actors of her age group/circle.

I agree, she was pretty impressive in Spiderlilies but I thought she was even better in Isabella.
    Another thing, her choice of movies are excellent (at least the last couple ones). They may not be of everyone's taste but one thing about this girl is she really knows how to choose the meaty roles. Unlike most young HK stars, who continue to act in lame/fluffy/typical movies, she's gone for the art house/deep movies one after the after so it's clear where she wants to go.
    Some are bit on the weird or strange side, so not everyone will get them but Isabella has shown that she's got alot of potential so I'm very interested to see more of her. Hopefully she can go far with that talent.
    Just one thing; please stop the singing.

Oh and I also hope she does well in The Mummy 3...crossing fingers her English won't suck because I hear she only speaks Cantonese and Mandarin and some English. I really don't want to hear a thick accent, Zhang Ziyi-style...and I'm also crossing fingers that she won't get STEREOTYPED since Hollywood does that to pretty much all ASIANS!

Btw, I like the fact that she looks mature. I'm so sick of the underage looking Chinese (in particular, HK) celebrities! Gross! Isabella needs to gain weight though.. the fact that she's tall doesn't help...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4438/pic27scg8qeisy9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1171/065cmiml4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/549/to20find20love20coverhp7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2310/normal1015900981rg9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7764/2007419112920895se7.jpg')

Mummy 3 (I think she looks better in motion/live than in photoshoots for some reason)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5678/2353d01908958gr7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2595/2353d00302011ip7sf9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9004/2353d04519808nl2.jpg')

^ Wow she looks alot like Yang Mi in the last picture!