Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would Zhang Wuji's auto defend work against top fighters ?

Default Would Zhang Wuji's auto defend work against top fighters ?

we all know abt 9yang's auto defend. but zhang wuji's opponents were all pretty crappy. how would his auto defend work against people like qiaofeng, guo jing and yang guo ?

I'd say probably not, especially if each of those opponents' inner power is stronger than his. Kiu Fung, Gwok Jing, Yeung Gor, and Cheung Mo Gei each had comparable inner power. It'd be pretty close. I bet any one of the three could do Cheung Mo Gei some serious damage, but killing him would take some work.

It's gonna work, however it doesn't completely deflect all the offensive moves toward him. That depends on how good his opponents are. If his opponent is roughly comparable with him, he will receive quite a damage on him, but certainly less than he would have if he didn't have 9 Yang protection.
    Last edited by ToOn99; 11-05-04 at 02:21 PM.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

dun forget he got the other skill qian kun that enhance his abilities and also taiji quan so he should be able to hold them.anyway he would most likely flee if he met any of them

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but do you think if ZWJ was given some time (several years or a few decades, for example), would his 9 Yang's auto defence be able to reach similar level to XZ's auto defence?

i think xu zhus beiming zhen qi doesnt have auto defence. its just that hes got 200 years + of inner energy so nothing can really hurt him.. much

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but do you think if ZWJ was given some time (several years or a few decades, for example), would his 9 Yang's auto defence be able to reach similar level to XZ's auto defence?
    It would be very hard. After he got that huge burst from being trapped in the Universal Bag, ZWJ was only improving (or could only seem to improve) the ways he could utilise his inner energy, not the power of his inner energy. That bag gave him a shortcut to the ultimate 9 Yang power, which would've taken him ~20 years to master. I doubt that ZWJ would improve a lot in the inner power department afterwards.

As for Xu Zhu, he was a freak, similar to DY, in that he got inner energy for "free" from other people, and I don't believe anyone else could ever reach his level. If XZ only had WYZ's BM energy and didn't have TSTL's and LQS's, he would never be able to reach that level either, no matter how hard he trained, even if he were talented.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

i thought XZ's has whereas DY's didn't??
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972 View Post
    i thought XZ's has whereas DY's didn't??
    Both had Bei Ming energy, but XZ had more.

When JMZ hit XZ, XZ only felt numbness. When JMZ hit DY, DY got knocked out. (This was before DY got the big boost from JMZ of course).

Well, when ZWJ fought the 3 Du monks for the first time one of them attacked him with a whip and ZWJ is described as thinking that if it hit him he would die horribly or somesuch. Since the Du monks have like 1/3 of ZWJ's energy there seem to be serious limitations on 9 Yang's protection.

Of course ZWJ's abilities vary greatly depending on situation sort of how like the 5 Greats are all exactly equal for no apparent reason.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

If you mean like hitting ZWJ flat on his chest, then I would say he would be terribly injuried by the likes of Xiao Feng. I think the auto protect would do little if the opponent is not significantly weaker.

When he got smacked by the Xuan Ming palms on Wudang (after the fake monks attack on Z3F incident), he was temporarily stunned.

So if fighters (XM elders) with less then half his power could partially penetrate his 9 Yang, I'd say a direct Dragon Palm from Guo Jing would bust a rib or two.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi View Post
    I don't think ZWJ can reach XZ's level of internal energy. XZ had over 200 years of internal energy that went into him. ZWJ had maybe 5 years. Given 200 years of training, ZWJ's internal energy could probably reach that high or even higher.

Also, it seems like the more internal energy you have, the less damage you feel from blows. Because XZ had 200 years of internal energy to take the blow, I think that's why XZ didn't feel JMZ's blows that much.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    When he got smacked by the Xuan Ming palms on Wudang (after the fake monks attack on Z3F incident), he was temporarily stunned.

So if fighters (XM elders) with less then half his power could partially penetrate his 9 Yang, I'd say a direct Dragon Palm from Guo Jing would bust a rib or two.
    I think 9Yang is more of a internal body defense and than a external shell like defense. I think 9Yang is more of a cure all poison, strengthen and auto protect the inner body from bad energies, and NOT a take all external blows head on using a 9yang outer shell and feel nothing type of defense.

With QKDNY & 9Yangsg (Power+Healing+Skills Accelerator), a Kung fu inexperienced non-fighter like Zwj could become No. 1 in Wulin overnight, just imagine if he was a skilled fighter. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    I don't think ZWJ can reach XZ's level of internal energy. XZ had over 200 years of internal energy that went into him. ZWJ had maybe 5 years. Given 200 years of training, ZWJ's internal energy could probably reach that high or even higher.
    Wait... Its not the years that matters, ZWJ achieved Great level internal in 5 years which took other Greats decades to get.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Wait... Its not the years that matters, ZWJ achieved Great level internal in 5 years which took other Greats decades to get.
    ZWJ was that great? or his opponents suc which make him look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia_FTW View Post
    ZWJ was that great? or his opponents suc which make him look good.
    It was Can't Say Monk's special bag that helped his internal energy flow that would've taken him 20 years to refine.

And there should be an addendum to the 9 Yang manual. You could train 20 years or find a bag and train inside of it for a day.

Subtle discoveries like this, if passed on and shared, is why martial arts should be increasing rather than deteriorating! Considering how hardcore martial artists are, I wonder how strong someone would be if they took the shortcut/quick methods for all the major martial arts. I.e. Yijinjing with some iceworm, train 9 Yang in a bag, eat gall bladders and practice in a waterfall, etc. Sweeper monk like level in 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Well if you practice and train, your internal energy is bound to increase. By training 200 years, his internal energy might get to or even exceed XZ's level, since XZ had 200 years worth of internal energy from people who trained for a total of 200 years XD

Also for the baggy thing,
    I duno. I kinda think its the internal energy building techniques that 9Yang gives that made his internal so high.

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    Well if you practice and train, your internal energy is bound to increase. By training 200 years, his internal energy might get to or even exceed XZ's level, since XZ had 200 years worth of internal energy from people who trained for a total of 200 years XD
    My point was that ZWJ achieved internal level equivalent to those who have trained their entire lives, and much more than everyone else. The years of training by iteself is meaningless to gauge the amount/level of internal.