Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Channel 8] My Mighty In-Laws

Default [Channel 8] My Mighty In-Laws

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpjgWs8m.jpg')

http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/shows/dr...w/1268/1/.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/php8Nde4I.jpg')

Zoe Tay as a triad chief!?!?! heh.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img53.exs.cx/img53/1525/mmil-promo1-01.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img53.exs.cx/img53/4250/mmil-promo1-02.th.jpg')
    Last edited by wuchang; 11-09-04 at 11:40 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpVGkfja.jpg')

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/520/1/.html

My Mighty In-Laws
    Every Mon-Fri, 9pm

It's mayhem and chaos multiplied when a traditional family and a brash underworld family become relatives through marriage!

Cast: Zoe Tay, Tay Ping Hui, Huang Wenyong, Lin Meijiao, Pan Lingling, Vincent Ng, Rui En, Zhang Yaodong, San Yow, Rayson Tan, May Phua, Lin Yinzhu. From Nov 17, Mon - Fri at 9pm

Yao Meimei (Zoe Tay) is a well-known and well-respected figure in both the legal business world as well as the underworld, and has come far from her days of setting up a pirated CD empire to earn a living. She and her elder sister Yao Jiaojiao (Lin Mei Meijiao) has depended on each other for support since they were little.

However, the two sisters are vastly different in character – Jiaojiao is gentle and ladylike, while Meimei is brash and quick tempered. Three years ago, Jiaojiao was diagnosed with cancer and hospitalised. Jiaojiao was worried that she would not be able to witness Meimei’s marriage, and would be unable to face their parents’ spirits when she joins them in death. Thus, to put her sister’s mind at ease, Meimei married Li Dacheng (Rayson Tan), her primary schoolmate who has admired her for a long time and has been a widower for many years.

Surprisingly, not long after Meimei’s wedding, Jiaojiao’s health improves and she gradually recovers. On the other hand, Dacheng, who is a tour guide, has a mishap while taking a tour group in China. He gets swept away in a river while saving a child who has fallen into the water, and disappears. Meimei is forced to take care of Dacheng’s mother, Jin Yayin (Li Yinzhu), as well as his daughter Li Yingying (Rui En) who is studying in the United States. Yayin blames Meimei for Dacheng’s disappearance, saying that she has been cursed to remain lonely all her life. Meimei and Yayin’s relationship thus sours.

Three years after Dacheng's disappearance, Yingying graduates and returns from overseas. However, she is still unable to get along with Yayin. It turns out that the strange-tempered Yayin had quarreled with Yingying's mother more than ten years ago, causing Yingying's mother to choke to death on a fish bone. Yingying was six years old then, and had witnessed the scene. She has since always believed that Yayin had caused her mother's death.

A carefree, independent and rather overtly confident person, Yingying resists authority, and believes in doing things for herself. She hates being restricted by Meimei, yet often has to be rescued by Meimei when she gets into trouble due to her penchant for heroic deeds. For example, when she just landed in Singapore and is on the way back from the airport, Yingying sees the timid introvert Fang Zhengde (Vincent Ng) harassed by a road-bully. She steps up and retaliates on his behalf. The matter snowballs and she gets to know a street thug named Ding Mu (Zhang Yaodong).

wOw, rUi En Is vEry swEEt and cUtE...

I am currently watching the first episode of Mighty in-laws.
    What can I say... Zoe Tay has pass her prime and she is not very convincing as a gungho female mob leader.
    I am not to sure of the plot though, I am now halfway through the first episode. the pairing of Vincent Wong and Rui En looks quite interesting. Vincent Wong has that cute little boy look in spectacles, although he can fight better than he acts, it would be nice to see him acting in a non-fighting role (it is a non-fighting role right??).

I am watching it too...funny leh..tay ping hui and Zoe Tay....got potential.

I think my sis is loving it

got to say...tay ping hui is turning out to be one of my favourite actors in tcs.

Terence Cao is also getting increasingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Vincent Wong has that cute little boy look in spectacles, although he can fight better than he acts, it would be nice to see him acting in a non-fighting role (it is a non-fighting role right??).
    From the next episode preview, Vincent's should be a non-fighting, good boy type of role. He seems to be calling Zoe on his mobile phone for help after crashing his car or something.
    Last edited by convoy; 11-17-04 at 11:48 AM.

watched tonight. Vincent was convincing as a blur timid nerd. Rui en cute but not much in terms of acting. Zoe and Ping Hui still making me laugh....and Huang Wen Yong added to the list now.

Vincent was pretty cute as a nerd, as I said, its nice to see him in a non-fighting role. I am not too into the Zoe Tay and Tay Ping Hui pairing though, Tay Ping Hui always strike me as somebody who can't really act but manage to snag roles because of his looks. And frankly, he looks way too cocky for me.

Thumbs down imitation

singapore series only know how to imitate those abroad... my sassy girlfriend, sassy tutor, classmate all those from korea and now they want to have sassy in-laws... so unoriginal no offence to those who likes this

I felt that way about tay Ping Hui last time.....but no longer.

You can see Zoe Tay's aging.....sigh...she is one woman who did not manage to retain her youth.....but she is still slim.

Do you all feel that rui en makes for a pretty convincing Huang Rong?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Do you all feel that rui en makes for a pretty convincing Huang Rong?
    No......She dun like like 1 who got brains

ha ha..ok thks.

I really like this show. It is just so hilarous though it seems a little illogical at times I'm looking forward to the episode where Tay Ping Hui and Zoe Tay get together. I suppose it will be very funny considering their relationship at this moment.

Although "My Mighty In-Laws " is quite an imitation of those abroad, I think it has it's own strengths. Mediacorp may be copying the basic idea. However, "My Mighty In-Laws" has it's own storyline and I don't see much areas of overlap with those overseas productions

I agree. though we did not come up with the original 'ye man' series....we do manage to spin of our own version with our own strengths. As long as the serial provides good entertainment value, that's good enough for me!

I think the series so far is okay, a breakaway from the usual family drama. But still, it is not really very good entertainment.

No choice lah. U can't expect much from singapore dramas

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette Aw Rox
    No choice lah. U can't expect much from singapore dramas
    I don't expect them to be perfect, I expect them to improve.

Do you think they're going to make use of vincent's wushu at the end? or is he gonna stay the "tortoise" he is right now? it's really funny seeing him punching and kicking so weakly. He reminds me of Kogure Kiminobu from Slam Dunk.