Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Wuxia Forum Cool Down Thread (bring your good vibes)

Default OT: The Wuxia Forum Cool Down Thread (bring your good vibes)

Discussion here at the Wuxia Forum has gotten a bit heated in various threads during this past week. I think we all need a cooling down period. Come here with a friendly, accommodating vibe (leave the polemics at the door). Make some new friends.

It is nice of you to put this, but what is wrong with heated conversation? I am merely asking, because all I see is "My theory is stronger than yours, and I hereby prove that I know all." LOL.. ok. I am being sarcastic.

Be Good. Cool Down. Don't waste your energy over some online discussion.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    It is nice of you to put this, but what is wrong with heated conversation?
    Well, it's gotten a bit *too* heated. We have about four or five posters ready to go to a Third Mt. Hua Sword Tournament against each other, and I fear a Hung 7 Gung vs. Au Yeung Fung ending for the whole lot of them.

So they ought to come in here, chill for a bit, and go home from the show happy.

I think You, Ken, should open up Wuxia 酒家 for those poor souls need some serious chilling. Just a thought!

Well, it's gotten a bit *too* heated. We have about four or five posters ready to go to a Third Mt. Hua Sword Tournament against each other, and I fear a Hung 7 Gung vs. Au Yeung Fung ending for the whole lot of them.
    LOL how would that be possible when they debating wit words not swords?
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    LOL how would that be possible when they debating wit words not swords?
    I believe there's a saying that goes "A pen is mightier than ..."? In this case it would be 'A keyboard is mightier than sword"?

We might also do it by not posting for a couple days or even more. I find that time can calm people down.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake
    I believe there's a saying that goes "A pen is mightier than ..."? In this case it would be 'A keyboard is mightier than sword"?

We might also do it by not posting for a couple days or even more. I find that time can calm people down.
    Some might say the pen is mightier then the sword, or the keyboard is mightier then the sword. I say sword and pen pale in front of barking mad dogs. Best to bring a fatty meaty bone.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake
    Down here, we say Guo Jing is mightier then Yang Guo.

Good gesture Ken, although I think most of the posters here are mature individuals who can control themselves pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

So they ought to come in here, chill for a bit, and go home from the show happy.
    I don't know I think the H7G and OYF ending was one of the most poignant moments in any Jin Yong book. We are all equal in death. They died hugging each other instead of fighting each other. Is this not the spirit of friendship and forgivness at it's purest.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Down here, we say Guo Jing is mightier then Yang Guo.

Emmm...CC....thats not going to help with the cooling down...

Quote Originally Posted by dbx
    I don't know I think the H7G and OYF ending was one of the most poignant moments in any Jin Yong book. We are all equal in death. They died hugging each other instead of fighting each other. Is this not the spirit of friendship and forgivness at it's purest.
    Important point - they both died. Not a good end.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-09-04 at 12:05 AM.

good gesture, ken. apology that at things, i made many mistakes and realize that i am firing blanks. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Discussion here at the Wuxia Forum has gotten a bit heated in various threads during this past week. I think we all need a cooling down period. Come here with a friendly, accommodating vibe (leave the polemics at the door). Make some new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Important point - they both died. Not a good end.

What do you mean.. they both died of old age? They were already very old at this point. It was natural, and they reconciled. If they had died in their youth it would be different. But they were both at a age where death is not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    good gesture, ken. apology that at things, i made many mistakes and realize that i am firing blanks. hehe.
    Am I the only one who finds this amusing?

Quote Originally Posted by dbx
    What do you mean.. they both died of old age? They were already very old at this point. It was natural, and they reconciled. If they had died in their youth it would be different. But they were both at a age where death is not the exception.
    The thing is, they would not have died if they have not fight with each other. They are injured through that fight and that is not natural death.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    The thing is, they would not have died if they have not fight with each other. They are injured through that fight and that is not natural death.
    No they would have died if they fought or if they didn't fight. The time of their death might be different, but they would have died.

Death in combat is one of the most natural forms of death. We make things out to be unnatural when we fear them. Conflict is natural, there are certain people who reject conflict superficially and embrace it deceptively. There are other people who see through the offal. There are people who fight over social status, vinidication of reputation and loss of face. There are also people that fight as a matter of survival, defense of others and defense of fairness. There are others who fight because they want to be #1 or they want to be defeated or they want to learn through their defeat.

Fighting, not fighting, sometimes it is not within our control. There are battles we can avoid and there are others that we cannot.

One of the ironies of life is that in our attempt to prevent conflict, we craft ourself a new battleground for conflict.

Hands out Chinese wine to everyone! Drink up!

Considering the longevity of their peers Wong Yerk See, 1 Deng, and Chow Bak Tung, and their physical condition prior to the battle at Mt. Hua, both Au Yeung Fung and Hung 7 Gung conceivably had at least a few good years ahead of them if not for that final battle. For Au Yeung Fung, the coming of death might not have been so terrible a fate: his life had become a nightmare, and death was probably a welcome relief (although Yeung Gor would have liked to have his adopted father around longer). Hung 7 Gung, however, died at a moment when he was about to become very useful again: Gwok Jing and Wong Yung would not have been under so much duress from the Golden Wheel Monk and his allies if their teacher Hung 7 Gung had been there to provide them with experienced leadership and one more Greats-level bulwark (imagine how differently the contest at Luk Manor would have gone had Hung 7 Gung been there). Hung 7 Gung's death at that juncture left a void that the Chinese heroes had to scramble to fill.

i thought everyone coming here to drink wine and see stars. no debate or point of view.