Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: [Channel U] Zero ( 零楼 )

I wonder did anyone see the last episode and the end credits where they showed the pictures of the crew?

Who sang that song? It was sucha nice song so very well sung and I felt like crying.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

You can find it at OCWorkbench forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    I wonder did anyone see the last episode and the end credits where they showed the pictures of the crew?

Who sang that song? It was sucha nice song so very well sung and I felt like crying.
    That's sung by Huang Ling Rou ( 王羚柔 ). The title in Chinese is the same as the title of the Chinese version of The More We Get Together

http://www.boxup.com/gb/music/album/.../album4818.htm

The site above is in chinese but there's a picture of the album cover.

Quote Originally Posted by wuchang
    That's sung by Huang Ling Rou ( 王羚柔 ). The title in Chinese is the same as the title of the Chinese version of The More We Get Together

http://www.boxup.com/gb/music/album/.../album4818.htm

The site above is in chinese but there's a picture of the album cover.

Saw the cover. Is she Taiwanese or singaporean? I thought this boxup.com used to allow downloading the songs or was it another website? Can't understand chinese, illiterate you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    Saw the cover. Is she Taiwanese or singaporean? I thought this boxup.com used to allow downloading the songs or was it another website? Can't understand chinese, illiterate you see.
    Taiwanese. boxup.com used to have mp3s for easy download a few years ago, now I'm not so sure how they do it.

What do you think of the show Ling Lou ( 零楼 ) ?

Taiwanese. boxup.com used to have mp3s for easy download a few years ago, now I'm not so sure how they do it.

What do you think of the show Ling Lou ( 零楼 ) ?
    I like the themesong and the opening sequence, very stylish, the last episode's end song was very well sung...I only downloaded you know who's segment and so far I have only watched episode 15 and I find the story of the cleaner lady very interesting and very well acted EXCEPT for that guy you all have been complaining about. He was truly a very bad actor. Others I didn't watch. The last ending clip was something i download somewhere and I do like the sentimental value of it and the more I watch it the more angry I am at MediaCorp for reasons somewhat not very fair to them. But nothing compares to how I feel everytime I watch their promo of Yummy Yummy. That makes my blood boil.

But wouldn't you say this Zero is like a direct rip off of pawnshop no. 8 (can't remember the title but I think this is it) except it is more of a comedy?

Nope, I don't think it's even similar to Pawnshop No. 8. Pawnshop is about pawning something, anything, in order to furfill one's deepest desires. The people involve is aware of of the supernatural nature of the pawnshop. Ling Lou is more like a guardian angel type of show where the normal living people are oblivious to the existence of Ling Lou agents watching over them. The only similarity is that both dealt with supernatural themes.

Nope, I don't think it's even similar to Pawnshop No. 8. Pawnshop is about pawning something, anything, in order to furfill one's deepest desires. The people involve is aware of of the supernatural nature of the pawnshop. Ling Lou is more like a guardian angel type of show where the normal living people are oblivious to the existence of Ling Lou agents watching over them. The only similarity is that both dealt with supernatural themes.
    guardian angel? Why does the angel look so sinister? Thanks to bad acting?

New disgruntled agent on the job with an attitude.

The Ling Lou agents watch over their charges and try to influence them to make the right decisions. They all have their own way of doing things. Bryan Wong or Wang Weide has an attitude problem before he became one so that behaviour was brought over.

New disgruntled agent on the job with an attitude.

The Ling Lou agents watch over their charges and try to influence them to make the right decisions. They all have their own way of doing things. Bryan Wong or Wang Weide has an attitude problem before he became one so that behaviour was brought over.
    Sp even angels have attitude problems!! So according to Ling Lou, how does one become a guardian angel?

I find it interesting that there are many movies and series about guardian angels but not one that really talks about how to become one. In Ling Lou, he was a human before he died and become one??

Ling Lou, loosely translated to english is the zero floor. Above Ling Lou is heaven, eternal bliss. Below Ling Lou is hell, nickname B1 (basement 1).

In the case of Ling Lou, when a person's time is up, his accumulated good deeds vs evil deeds are tabulated. If the person did more good deeds than bad, he gets to go to heaven, more bad deeds hell. In Wang Weide's case, his good deeds and bad deeds cancel out each other ie equals to zero. So he was sent to the zero floor where he is given another 49 days to influence the score by being a Ling Lou agent.

At the end of 49 days, Weide did enough good to ascend to heaven but he chose to stay behind and continue to be a Ling Lou agent. That's the gist of this serial. The beauty of shows with such supernatural theme is that you're only limited by the imagination of the storywriter.

Ling Lou is quite a good serial.

Ling Lou, loosely translated to english is the zero floor. Above Ling Lou is heaven, eternal bliss. Below Ling Lou is hell, nickname B1 (basement 1).

In the case of Ling Lou, when a person's time is up, his accumulated good deeds vs evil deeds are tabulated. If the person did more good deeds than bad, he gets to go to heaven, more bad deeds hell. In Wang Weide's case, his good deeds and bad deeds cancel out each other ie equals to zero. So he was sent to the zero floor where he is given another 49 days to influence the score by being a Ling Lou agent.

At the end of 49 days, Weide did enough good to ascend to heaven but he chose to stay behind and continue to be a Ling Lou agent. That's the gist of this serial. The beauty of shows with such supernatural theme is that you're only limited by the imagination of the storywriter.

Ling Lou is quite a good serial.
    Interesting, very interesting. So ling lou is for those that are neither bad enough for hell or good enough for heaven? Interesting!