Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GJ's 18 palm vs XF's 18 palm

Default GJ's 18 palm vs XF's 18 palm

Who's 18 palm is stronger and why?

I always felt the 18 palm technique has been preserve pretty well thru the Beggar Clan so I assume XF's 18 palm and H7G's 18 palm is somewhat the same. And with the 9 ying, GJ's 18 palm was stronger than H7G's, so can we say GJ's 18 palm could possibly be stronger than XF's?

From the adaption and my opinion, XF's 18 palm seems alot stronger. It appears XF has a stronger inner chi but how?

H7G's HL18Z is a bit different from XF's HL18Z. H7G kinda invented by himself the last two-three stances if I am not mistaken.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

In one of his revisions, did Jin Yong not write that XF used the HL28 Palms which he later refined with XZ into HL18? Not sure what kinda significance that would have.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Talking

again
    my two favourite heroes been comparing again
    mmmmm.....i'm not expert in this but i think guo jing
    from my perspective between xiao feng time n guo jing time maybe 18 palm been changed or improved
    only my opinion
    zhao weizhou xun 4 eva

XF seems to know only this whereas GJ knew a few other skills
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    XF seems to know only this whereas GJ knew a few other skills
    It is true that GJ knows more stuff, but XF does know the grabbing claw technique (not sure what it's call) he uses pretty often and XF grew up with Shaolin kungfu background. With what we know, it doesnt make sense XF is stronger than GJ but it sure appears that way.

Quote Originally Posted by putrihuanzhu
    again
    my two favourite heroes been comparing again
    mmmmm.....i'm not expert in this but i think guo jing
    from my perspective between xiao feng time n guo jing time maybe 18 palm been changed or improved
    only my opinion
    Very good point. If the technique was improve then GJ would have a good case he's tougher than XF, but I am not sure that's the case. I think the technique is pretty much the same since it was pass along from every leader to leader of Beggar Clan. Only time that we notice the technique was refine was when GJ change it. But who knows..

This thread was meant to lead XF~GJ, therefore YG has a chance to kick XF's a$$(50-50)
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    This thread was meant to lead XF~GJ, therefore YG has a chance to kick XF's a$$(50-50)
    You are onto my plan, how dare you! LOL

XF comes across as more forceful, but i would say just the 18 dragon palms, GJ's version is better. more efficient, energy conserving, etc...
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

At the time, Huang Rong was fighting with her palms, the palms like a flying dance. It has been ten years since she has seen her old enemy, and right now they were fighting ferociously. Her internal energy has improved tremendously over the last few years, her internal energy is now very forceful, the palms she were using were changing mysteriously and cleverly; after ten moves, Ou Yang Feng didn't gain any advantage.
    Interesting tidbit showing that HR actually did improve with 9 Yin quite a bit.

As for the topic. Read the section Noodle has translated of the fight between GJ and OYF carefully. You should notice that GJ's attack has 13 levels of power and that at most it would only be level 6. This is assuming he increased the power every time he launched a palm from the move ‘Overcoming the Dragon with Regret' (Kang Long You Hui). If you take only the times it was explicitly stated that his palms increased in power, then GJ only reached level 3. Yet GJ was only losing slightly to OYF because he was forced to not use his leg power and only one palm.

Food for thought.

XF's was better. He could project the power from the palm several dozen feet in space. He had the power to pin everyone against the wall with his chi using a simple kung fu style, evident by his performance at Hero Gathering Mansion, so with Dragon Taming Palms, he could do much better. I don't think GJ could do that, at least not from the impression I formed while reading the books.
    This account is retired.

GJ has demonstrated that he is able to project his palm force at least a few feet. Right after he blasted his way past the giant Big Dipper formation, in the temple, two fighters charged him. GJ sent out two palms and before the fighters even reached him, they were slammed flying across the room, hitting the wall and then coughing up blood.

we will never know will we??
    TaZzY InC

XF is better because the overall levels of the kung fus were very much higher in DGSD, and XF was one of the elite at that time.
    This account is retired.

he could also beat up fighters who were stronger than him. and beat them up so bad that they dare not ask for a rematch cus they know he'll just own them again. + hes got more natural talent than anyone else. + he can go into super sayan mode when hes pissed. + gets strong when he gulps down a few gallons of wine

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    he could also beat up fighters who were stronger than him. and beat them up so bad that they dare not ask for a rematch cus they know he'll just own them again. + hes got more natural talent than anyone else. + he can go into super sayan mode when hes pissed. + gets strong when he gulps down a few gallons of wine
    I've read this statement quite a few times, but I'm still not clear about the 'stronger than him' - what does this mean? Physical strength or qi or external martial arts?

Also, apart from having 'stronger' opponents, did they actually have any ability to fight? Take for example a young Zhang Wu Ji, just after learning 9Yang, he was much stronger in qi than nearly everyone else of the era, yet he had trouble defeating some fairly average fighters, so if we look at it from the average fighter's perspective, do we say this person is a Great because he managed to trouble a fighter that had many times more qi than he?

stronger as in stronger inner energy or skills. take zhang wuji for example, hes got one of the best skills and strongest inner energy in his time but he sucks at actual fighting. even opponents who are weaker in terms of skill and energy can give him a hard time. think of qiaofeng as zhang wuji's opposite. he can beat people up even with regular punch and kicks

I'm no so sure. I would guess that You Tan Zhi has equal internal energy as Zhang Wuji (my SWAG). And, Zhang Wuji has far far better skills. Xiao Feng would win of course, but he would need all his best skills to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    he could also beat up fighters who were stronger than him.
    This statement has always been an oxymoron for me. If XF could beat them up, that would mean that HE is stronger then THEM. Yeh?
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.