Thread: XAJH and KFBD's effects.

Default XAJH and KFBD's effects.

I've been pondering over XAJH and several interesting things popped into my mind.

DFBB undoubtedly was wicked ambitious during the events 12 years before the start of the novel. He tirelessly schemed to usurp Ren Woxing's position and finally succeeded. Then, his ambition grew and he decided to study KFBD to further his skills in his attempts to take over all of wulin.

Fast forward to the start of the novel. DFBB after having trained in KFBD is widely recognized as the #1 fighter in the entire martial arts world. LHC early on even admitted to this to TBG as they were dueling in the tavern. DFBB's skills were so widely accepted as #1 that even a disciple of Huashan knew about it.

Anyway, the ironic thing here is that DFBB's ambition during all those years have pretty much dissipated, like his manhood. All the matters of the sect were handled by Yang Lianting and DFBB's daily routine consisted of sitting, sewing, and seducing his Big Brother Yang. Was this a normal side effect of KFBD? That the user would become so effeminate and lose all ambitions and goals? I remember DFBB saying how all he ever cared for now was to become beautiful and so on and the matters of wulin, becoming emperor, etc that had once captivated him he could care less about now. This is quite a stereotype about the ambitions of women from Jin Yong.

How ironic that learning the #1 martial arts in the world causes one to lose all worldly ambitions. Anyway, another thought popped into mind. LHC had witnessed the effects KFBD had on its practitioners. He should have just let YBQ and LPZ go about their ways since eventually they would just settle down, throw their ambitions out the window and become subservient little housewives.

Once you've become the most powerful and widely respected martial artist in the world, what else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Once you've become the most powerful and widely respected martial artist in the world, what else is there?
    Well, I thought it was pretty obvious that DFBB had plans after taking RWX's spot to attack all the other orthodox sects, unite all of wulin, and eventually wage war on the government, and become emperor. All this seemed to disappear after DFBB's gender migration.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Well, I thought it was pretty obvious that DFBB had plans after taking RWX's spot to attack all the other orthodox sects, unite all of wulin, and eventually wage war on the government, and become emperor. All this seemed to disappear after DFBB's gender migration.
    After his "Do-It-Yourself-Gender-Change" all DFBB wanted was to live life with Liang LienTing's love.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Who knows how many more innocents would die while we waited for LPZ & YBQ to take up sewing and makeovers?

Perhaps DFBB would not hide-away if his lover cheated on him. Then he would probably follow the Li Mochou / ZZR / He Hung Reuk route.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

if dfbb followed lmc then the condor stories would have been much different .
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    ...He should have just let YBQ and LPZ go about their ways since eventually they would just settle down, throw their ambitions out the window and become subservient little housewives.
    Interesting observation, bliss. Is there, however, a possibility that the effect might be different, since the Evil Resisting Sword Technique is not full KFBD?

Is there, however, a possibility that the effect might be different, since the Evil Resisting Sword Technique is not full KFBD?
    I think it was more of the fact that he castrated himself that made him lose his ambition. DFBB also said that he lost his lust for woman(killed his wives) facial hair and his ambition to take over JH. It sounds like he lost some serious testoserone more than anything.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

tat's why doing it is such a big sacrifice.... think DFBB did not expect himself to turn up this wat after castrating himself...
    TaZzY InC

I don't know but it is quite different from YBQ. After castrating, YBQ tries very hard to unite wulin and indeed he almost succeeded in uniting those 5 sword sects. Suppose we let him continue, he might go further to Shaolin and Wudang within quite a short period of time.

BTW neither Pixie or Kuaihua (the one in DFBB's possession) were full versions. Pixie was the memorized/interpreted version written down by Lin Yuantao after peeping the memorized/interpreted version that the two Huashan elders peeped at during their stay at Shaolin.

Anyway, I think YBQ was able to unite the Five Peaks sects so easily because the difference in martial arts between him and Zhor was not that great. PX allowed him to surpass Zhor and be the strongest fighter im the Five Peaks sect. The secret cave that contained all the lost martial arts and counter methods of the Five Sects also helped YBQ in gaining the trust and acceptance of the Five Peaks sect. But in reality, YBQ should still be far off in skill to be able to challenge Shaolin, Wudang, and the other big clans. He would definitely have to go back and train more. I would think by the time he emerges more powerful, he may be too emasculated like DFBB to have any more ambition to carry out his takeover of Wulin.

The one point I observed was that JY implied that losing your masculinity means you would lose your ambition and desire. DFBB is the example. But it seems to suggest that all the females in JY's universe are not ambitious and never have desires to take over wulin. Yes there are a lot of STRONG females but none of them seemed to have the ambitions that the strong males had.

Hmm ... I think I'll just start a new thread to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    I don't know but it is quite different from YBQ. After castrating, YBQ tries very hard to unite wulin and indeed he almost succeeded in uniting those 5 sword sects. Suppose we let him continue, he might go further to Shaolin and Wudang within quite a short period of time.
    You guys should read about Eunuchs.
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

Quote Originally Posted by dbx
    You guys should read about Eunuchs.
    Uh this is exactly why I'm wondering how come DFBB was such a pansy.

There's been no shortage of ambitious ennuchs.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

+ dont forget wu ze tian

that's why there is the saying 'lack of balls'
    TaZzY InC