Thread: The Last Steep Ascent

Default Ladder to Heaven 《天梯》

Cast:
    Maggie Cheung Ho-yee, Moses Chan, Kenny Wong, Aimee Chan, Joel Chan, Edwin Siu, Samantha Ko, etc.

Episode: 30

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SKWj5ZfQgqE/Tnl4nrUh1JI/AAAAAAAAGGk/ut3aqDy55a8/s1600/j.jpg')
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-03-11 at 01:36 PM.

Default The Last Steep Ascent

No thread for this series?

Anyways I'm nearing the end of the series.

It's based on a love story in China, but very vaguely.

Don't think of it as an actual production of the couple's story. It'll make you go :/
    Instead just enjoy it as a normal TVB series.

I do that.. and I'm enjoying the series

I’m currently watching this series (up to eps 20). It’s okay thus far with a slow beginning. The storyline is okay, nothing fresh. It’s about a rich typhoon with a well-known family business with family members fighting for the reign. The business is doing downhill and waiting for a miracle or hero.

Moses, yet again, played a good guy who knows it all with a kind heart and helps everyone. I was actually surprised at Aimee’s acting, a bit impress too. Although she kept repeating twice during her cry-scenes, but her tears and expressions were pretty genuine. So I give her kudos. I love Joel Chan & his wife’s characters in this series. They’re lovable and adorable. Glad to see Joel has a good role for a change. He’s super handsome (to me).

Everything is very predictable. I skipped during a lot of parts in each episode and still able to follow the story. Overall, it’s the better two to watch (this vs High & Low). So I probably will finish it until a new series.

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

Yeah, I love Joel Chan and his wife's characters too. Everytime it's their scene, it feels as though they are the limelight. I enjoyed watching them a lot.

I think TVB has done too many of these country dramas, but it's a little bit more interesting because Maggie's character was already married and she's older than Moses.

I think the age-different could had been better if they have a much younger guy to play Moses' role or a much older woman for Maggie's character. In my mind they're pretty much the same age level, although that's probably not true lol.

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"