View Poll Results: Which team is going to win?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Northern Heroes

18 52.94%
  • Big Demon Heads

16 47.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team War: Team Northern Heroes vs. Team Big Demon Heads

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Again?

This is the forum that had once declared that XF was invincible in a topic. If anything, XF tends to be far overestimated.
    That was then.

This is now.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller View Post
    As logic may presme, doing ONE quick stroke isn't hard.. I'm sure most of us can swing a decently-weighted sword somewhat quickly, it's about MULTIPLE COORDINATED quick strikes that count, which is what DFBB does especially with just a needle
    Just be aware that although it was a single stance, it was multiple stabs. It was stated that LHC used a stab each and every eye. It's not like in SoD96 where he just swung his sword in a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Just be aware that although it was a single stance, it was multiple stabs. It was stated that LHC used a stab each and every eye. It's not like in SoD96 where he just swung his sword in a circle.

Does'nt matter,we got the point. LHC could blind GJ or HQG a dozen times, yet he was unable to land a hit on DFBB.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamboyantLife View Post
    Does'nt matter,we got the point.
    Yeah... You got the point:

LHC could blind GJ or HQG a dozen times ... <snip>
    This was it?

SPW is the most (and only) speed-centric novel. In previous works, Jin Yong has always emphasized on internal energy (根基打好,内力雄强,则一切平庸招数使将出来都能发挥极大威力,这一节萧峰自是深知 - DGSD chapter 21). In SPW, speed seems to conquer all, but this is not the case in his previous works. There are flashes of internal energy greatness in SPW, but there too are flashes of speed greatness of the Great-level fighters in Pre-SPW works:

ROCH chapter 3
    众道见他身法突然加快,一条灰影在阵中有如星驰电闪,几乎看不清他的所在,不禁头晕目眩,攻势 登时呆滞。

The taoists now saw that Guo Jing suddenly intensified his speed. His shadow moved about in the formation like lightning flashes. It was nearly impossible to spot his whereabout at any given moment. Witnessing such great display of speed, their heads became dizzy, and their offensive power immediately degraded.

DGSD chapter 22
    南海鳄神圆睁怪眼,向萧峰上身瞧瞧,下身瞧瞧,满心的不服气,骂道:“他妈的,这狗杂种有什么了不起……” 一言未毕,突然间身子腾空而起,飞向湖心,扑通一声,水花四溅,落入了小镜湖中。
    萧峰最恼恨旁人骂他‘杂种’,左手仍然提着段正淳,抢过去右手便将南海鳄神摔入了湖中。这一下出手迅捷无比 ,不容南海鳄神有分毫抗拒余地。

Xiao Feng was simply lightning fast to a fighter of the 3 Evils' calibre. Evil #3 Divine Croc was cursing Xiao Feng, and before he know it Xiao (while holding Duan Zhengchun in his arms mind you--no gay comments please) had rushed next to him and tossed his a$$ far away. Xiao Feng was so fast that Divine Croc could do absolutely nothing about the attack. And Xiao Feng was barehanded. I think this is as impressive as Dongfang Bubai vs Linghu Chong. Even when Divine Croc < Lingchu Chong, but I believe Xiao Feng could have unleashed more wrath on the Evil if he really wanted to. He just didn't have a reason to "da kai sha jie" that time.

Because speed was not the emphasis of DGSD and Trilogy, we don't see too much display of great speed (with the exception of Little Dragon Girl whose specialty is speed). But when we do see it, it is nevertheless quite impressive.
    Last edited by PJ; 05-06-07 at 12:27 PM.

Agree with PJ. Those instances he mentioned showed GJ and XF with speed descriptions not too far from DFBB.

Anyway, starting off with GJ-ZWJ, XF-DFBB and H7G-YDT/RWX is not the way.

Have H7G use the less energy intensive Dog Beating Stick to hold off DFBB. GJ uses his L/R tech and Kong Ming to hold ZWJ. XF goes all out with Dragon Palms to take RWX or YDT ASAP. Once RWX or YDT is KO'ed, it should be easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Well, LHC can blind a dozen or two men in a single stroke in the blink of an eye, yet was getting out-speeded like a mofo by DFBB. Just as food for thought.
    It's true that Linghu Chong executed 30 stabs at once. But I am sure that everyone would agree once that those 15 men were of a much, much, much lower calibre than Xuzhu. Now, Jiumozhi executed 6 consecutive kicks at Xuzhu, and Xuzhu with his already incredible speed and internal energy was NOT able to dodge until after the 6th kick. I would not be surprised if those 6 kicks were executed much much faster than Linghu Chong's 30 stabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Humplewumps View Post
    Agree with PJ. Those instances he mentioned showed GJ and XF with speed descriptions not too far from DFBB.

Anyway, starting off with GJ-ZWJ, XF-DFBB and H7G-YDT/RWX is not the way.

Have H7G use the less energy intensive Dog Beating Stick to hold off DFBB. GJ uses his L/R tech and Kong Ming to hold ZWJ. XF goes all out with Dragon Palms to take RWX or YDT ASAP. Once RWX or YDT is KO'ed, it should be easy enough.
    exactly, it seems everyone likes to place XF against DFBB automatically but it doesn't have to be that way.

in the scenario u put it, it'd be interesting to see how Vacant Fist works against Tai Chi Fist, however, i think it'd work EVEN better for Team Northern Heroes if GJ was fighting against RWX and YDT and XF on ZWJ. imo, GJ seems to be able to handle skilled multi-opponents better than XF due to his application of 9 Yin Manual energy conservation and Big Dipper Formation (yeap i lost a lil faith in XF when he couldn't own it against YTZ+MRF). XF can still give ZWJ a run for his money. H7G prolly can't score a win against DFBB but hey he's there to buy time and with his skills, it can be doable.

and FlamboyantLife, the situation was getting direr by the moment for Central Plains Wulin. Team Northern Heroes certainly are not pussies, they believe that their skills are sufficient to take out any Team of Big Demon Heads and that something hadta be done ASAP, to prevent any immediate harm to Beggar Clan (u know how tight those 3 are to them Beggars).

DFBB does'nt like macho man, so he'll probably kill XF off in a minute or two cutting the foreplay to minumum. No doubt he has zero interest in a douchebag or an old man, "KABLOOM BLA" there goes GJ and HQG.
    Actually, DFBB LOVES macho men. Yang Lianting was a very Xiao Feng'esque character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Actually, DFBB LOVES macho men. Yang Lianting was a very Xiao Feng'esque character.
    hahaha i'd take that comment of Yang Lianting being similar to XF as a diss to XF.

it seems like from the vote results so far that Team Big Demon Heads are pulling further ahead. the numerical factor in the team war (4 on 3) seems to be weighing against Team Northern Heroes? or is it something else?

Perhaps due to the current overhyping of DFBB's scarcely believable (relative) speed and ZWJ's "magical" combination of 9 Yang + QKDNY (which incidently fails to help ZWJ in dealing with far inferior fighters in a fashion you'd expect).

1. IMBA!! 4 badass>3pussies.

2. ZWJ + YDT both equipped with QKDNY shen gong could toy both GJ and HQG, re-directing their strikes.

3. RWX would then backstab them and suck their energy, not much of a boost but still better then nothing.

4. DFBB does'nt like macho man, so he'll probably kill XF off in a minute or two cutting the foreplay to minumum. No doubt he has zero interest in a douchebag or an old man, "KABLOOM BLA" there goes GJ and HQG.

5. Man...I'll bet my last dime it was that dummy GJ who planned this suicidal run.
    1. How is this imba? How is GJ a pussy, the one who defend Xiang Yang to death, the one who went into an enemy camp and Mongol's best fighters with only YG on his side? How is H7G a pussy, the one willing to go against HYS and OYF to rescue his students from unhappiness? And XF a pussy what drug are you on (esp. when you said he was macho later on...)? And you call them pussies in the face of DFBB and a somewhat mellow ZWJ?

2. I doubt even ZWJ can redirect a great's hit, let alone YDT (who probably is only Du monk level when he died)

3. I doubt RWX will get to use XXDF against a great. If he does it might hasten his death, esp when he does that laugh (first time he got poked in the eye, the next time he just fell down dead).

4. Shows how much you know about DFBB's love interest.

5. My bet is on XF.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng View Post
    Perhaps due to the current overhyping of DFBB's scarcely believable (relative) speed and ZWJ's "magical" combination of 9 Yang + QKDNY (which incidently fails to help ZWJ in dealing with far inferior fighters in a fashion you'd expect).
    if it was in a long-lasting fight against a Greats-level fighter, ZWJ is up there among the top. QKDLY isn't totally "magic" unless its used by Z3F.

this ones the tightest team war yet. tied at 10:10. the ones i usually have up usually result in 3:2 or 3:1 ratio. satisfied with this one atm.

On the plus side, in support of the Big Demon Heads, I've finally got an avatar!