Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Any pictures?
    The Holy Maiden "Ka Yan" is the girl just before Adam Cheng on this page:-

http://group.mtime.com/nkwyk/discussion/2508355/

Google seems to call her Chan Po Yee, not sure if she's the same Chan Po Yee who married Law Lok Lam, and who is Connie Chan Bo Chu's younger sister. If so, she looks much younger than she really is.....

Peach Fairy needs no introduction as Betsy Cheung has had many nice meaty roles with TVB - the one which stands out for me is "Cold Blood Warm Heart" where she played Waisie Lee's nightclub owner girlfriend, and it was quite a major role as she would be great friends with Adam Cheng and Christine Ng. Red Haired Dragon Girl was played by Sophia Ngan.

http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtm...isplay_set=eng
    http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=1145

Funnily enough she is also credited with being one of Ouyang Ke's flunkies in LOCH 94. Either I missed her completely, or it's her I'm thinking of rather than Chan Bo Yee when I think of that pretty extra in white.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I thought it was good, but then when Irene was sold to a group in Cambodia and became a sex slave because of Gallen's character, I felt for her. It was a horrible experience, I don't know how she could've let go of her vengeance after that. And I'm kind of frustrated with Deric's character as Uncle Rain and how he was like a sponsor to Irene's character. It took so long for him to realize how much he cared for her and than he was not understanding where she was coming from with the vengeance.
    I can see why she wanted revenge. Also I guess Gallen's character is the way he is I think because he was son of a mistress and unlike Deric who didn't rely on his family, Gallen did and ppl look down on him as well. As for Deric, I think he was not understanding toward her vengeance because it is his family after all. I think his dad ended up paralyze in the end or he died. Can't remember. I think the whole time he wanted her to forget about revenge but it is hard after his father destroy her whole family.

Instinct

credit MrMusical1980 yt channel

the whole story was good until the end =.=;; crap ...whywhy my nnadia die =.=
    also I remember my grudge on Amy =.=;;
    I can't remember why Nnadia or is it Adia now? had to die. I remember watching Greed of Man and I didn't like Amy Kwok's character either, because I liked Vivian and Sean together.[/QUOTE]

Nnadia died in a fire. She was sick, took medication and went to sleep. People hired by Roger went to set the house on fire. I cannot remember why, I think Ekin had some evidence against Roger or something.

Is that series with the horrid disco-ball-looking ultimate weapon that gathers light and shoots out laser beams?

I last saw Catherine Hung in Mainland China's "Mystery Of the Palace" as one of the senior maids. Her role wasn't very big but she still looked very beautiful. Her husband was also in the same series.

Anyway, back to SOH. I hated Felix and Kathy together. I thought their characters were totally wrong for each other. Kathy was too clingy and immature and not to mention annoying. Felix only took her in out of pity and tried to accept her and move on from Amy. They were wrong from the start. Felix only asked her to take him back out of responsibility when Amy told him that she was pregnant. I don't think he ever loved her but he did care for her.

I got really annoyed when Kathy actually tried to seduce Felix, her sister's husband at the time, when he came to visit their son. But glad that she pulled out at the last minute. That was so wrong.
    Is that the series with Ming Dao? I recall seeing her in a mainland series with Ming Dao but she was not lead and only a minor role.

As for SOH, I have to agree, I thought Felix and Kathy made an odd couple. But maybe he should have never got with Kathy to begin with. I prefer Gallen and Amy. Feel bad for Apple thou, very heart breaking when she died.

I don't remember Kathy having a miscarriage. I thought she had the baby but eventually she got killed, forgot why.

I thought Ada ended up with andy, his daughter really like her. Cannot remember....

I'm a fan of Jessica but cannot stand her hairstyle in this series >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I don't remember Kathy having a miscarriage. I thought she had the baby but eventually she got killed, forgot why.
    Kathy didn't a miscarriage but she tried to have an abortion but could not go through with it. She lied to Felix and Amy that she aborted the child then left HK to have the baby. She returned like 8 months pregnant just as Amy and Felix were getting married. She said the baby was her ex's who she reunited with overseas but Gallen found out. The baby son had some problem after he was born and Kathy told Gallen to tell Felix and get him to the hospital in case the baby didn't make it.

So basically Felix found out the night before his wedding that his wife's sister gave birth to his son. They decided to keep it a secret so he could still marry Amy but he was responsible for Kathy's expenses and supported her in finding a job. Felix occasionally popped over to see his son but he was pretty sure that he did not love Kathy. But Kathy gradually became dependent on Felix and even wanted to seduce him which made me pull my hair out, but she did snap out of it.

Then Amy found out that her nephew was her husband's son and seriously thought that they were having an affair and hid from them, wanting a divorce. After a lot of tears, Amy told them that she wanted to see them and find a solution. As Felix sped over to Amy with Kathy and baby, they got into a car accident. Both Kathy and baby died but Felix survived. Amy said she will never take him back because of her sister. Then Amy's mum and Nick changed the date of their funeral so that Felix missed it.

I thought Ada ended up with andy, his daughter really like her. Cannot remember....
    Oh! Andy got killed by Nick when he found out that he was going to leave with Ada for New Zealand. Ada was supposed to leave for New Zealand anyway but then she stayed for Sunny.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

wow how sad... Yeh I recall Nick being very evil in this series, he also hire ppl to kidnap sunny. Wow I do not recall Nick killing Andy, I know he owe Andy a lot of money and was begging Ada for help.

I was really irritated with the mom most of the series. She was so mean to Sunny the whole time. Does Gallen end up with Melissa? I recall she was rape by the cab driver. So sad...

wow how sad... Yeh I recall Nick being very evil in this series, he also hire ppl to kidnap sunny. Wow I do not recall Nick killing Andy, I know he owe Andy a lot of money and was begging Ada for help.
    Yeah. Nick brutally beat Andy to death! Nick did initially owe Andy some money, but then Nick went into cahoots with some triads and got a lot of power and money. Nick was a jerk to tell Ada to sleep with Andy to get him to relieve his debt.

I was really irritated with the mom most of the series. She was so mean to Sunny the whole time. Does Gallen end up with Melissa? I recall she was rape by the cab driver. So sad...
    The mum is the character that I hated the most in the story. Grrrr.

Melissa killed herself after Gallen broke up with her. He switched off his pager because she was bugging him and missed all the suicide threats. It is the major reason why Felix hates Gallen so much after he gets released from jail.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Hi ,have anyone watch this serial Beyond Trust 命運快車 start by Ekin Cheng, Frankie Lam, Bobby Au.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.tvb.com/mytv4/poster/1035/103430_200.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mF3VidGXWek-TzGFXjQTASQ.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Hi ,have anyone watch this serial Beyond Trust 命運快車 start by Ekin Cheng, Frankie Lam, Bobby Au.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.tvb.com/mytv4/poster/1035/103430_200.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mF3VidGXWek-TzGFXjQTASQ.jpg')
    ah yes, it was too sad for me. I remember Bobby only had a small role here.

Yeah. Nick brutally beat Andy to death! Nick did initially owe Andy some money, but then Nick went into cahoots with some triads and got a lot of power and money. Nick was a jerk to tell Ada to sleep with Andy to get him to relieve his debt.

The mum is the character that I hated the most in the story. Grrrr.

Melissa killed herself after Gallen broke up with her. He switched off his pager because she was bugging him and missed all the suicide threats. It is the major reason why Felix hates Gallen so much after he gets released from jail.
    oh I really forgot a lot in the series. I remember Nick was a villain but didn't realize his character was that bad. I remember andy said he was not a triad. Yes, he was a jerk to Ada but in the beginning I guess Ada was only after money or something from all the people she was dating.

I also dislike the mom.

Doesn't Felix turn bad in the end also? Also, he dislike gallen because he said gallen still in love with amy.

Speaking of secret of the heart, cold blood warm heart comes to mind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Blood_Warm_Heart

oh I really forgot a lot in the series. I remember Nick was a villain but didn't realize his character was that bad. I remember andy said he was not a triad. Yes, he was a jerk to Ada but in the beginning I guess Ada was only after money or something from all the people she was dating.
    Andy was a minor triad boss who Nick owed money to.

Ada was gold-digging in the beginning but Nick knew that she really loved him as they dated. But to tell her to sleep with another man is really demeaning. Shows a lot about his character. But ironically, it is because he thought that Ada did sleep with Andy to save him that makes him so adamant in getting her back as it proves she really loves him. And Ada did intend to do it, but Andy respected her too much and only wanted to have a quiet dinner with her.

Doesn't Felix turn bad in the end also? Also, he dislike gallen because he said gallen still in love with amy.
    Hmmm. I don't think Felix turned bad but he got really sensitive and suspicious from what he had endured. But he snapped out of it.

He truly believed that Gallen was the one who framed him for kicking him into the sea (Felix punched Gallen out and then left, but Nick came up and pushed Gallen into the sea and Gallen truly thought it was Felix who did it) and got him 6 months in prison to get to his wife, Amy. And when he gets released, his wife has rekindled her relationship with Gallen.

His niece, Melissa, commits suicide because of Gallen and before her death, she visits him in prison and tells him that Gallen broke up with her because Amy seduced him. His other niece tells him the exact same thing. So Gallen is not exactly on his friend's list.

Then some triads who tried to get close to him in prison suddenly kidnapped Gallen thinking it would make him happy but he knew nothing about it. Amy came and yelled at him and he got really pissed off. But he still paid off the triads and warned them about not touching Gallen again.

Eventually, he sees that Amy is truly happy with Gallen and he finds out that Nick is the manipulator. Then he uses his body to shield Gallen from bomb shrapnel and goes blind. But still, he is the one who travels all the way to overseas while blind to track down Gallen and convince him to return to Amy.
    Cyril Connolly

Speaking of secret of the heart, cold blood warm heart comes to mind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Blood_Warm_Heart
    Oh! I hated Jessica in that one!

But I liked the veteran cast. It was a great cast.
    Cyril Connolly

Oh! I hated Jessica in that one!

But I liked the veteran cast. It was a great cast.
    Cold Heart Warm Heart was when I had really liked Louis Koo during his non-tanned days and I was really rooting Nnadia Chan with Louis Koo but of course she liked Julian Cheung more. But somehow Julian had a relationship with another person too?

I may rewatch this series at some point if I can find it again.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Cold Heart Warm Heart was when I had really liked Louis Koo during his non-tanned days and I was really rooting Nnadia Chan with Louis Koo but of course she liked Julian Cheung more. But somehow Julian had a relationship with another person too?

Julian went out with Jessica and nearly got married with her until she rebounded back to Gallen.
    Cyril Connolly

Andy was a minor triad boss who Nick owed money to.

Ada was gold-digging in the beginning but Nick knew that she really loved him as they dated. But to tell her to sleep with another man is really demeaning. Shows a lot about his character. But ironically, it is because he thought that Ada did sleep with Andy to save him that makes him so adamant in getting her back as it proves she really loves him. And Ada did intend to do it, but Andy respected her too much and only wanted to have a quiet dinner with her.

Hmmm. I don't think Felix turned bad but he got really sensitive and suspicious from what he had endured. But he snapped out of it.

He truly believed that Gallen was the one who framed him for kicking him into the sea (Felix punched Gallen out and then left, but Nick came up and pushed Gallen into the sea and Gallen truly thought it was Felix who did it) and got him 6 months in prison to get to his wife, Amy. And when he gets released, his wife has rekindled her relationship with Gallen.

His niece, Melissa, commits suicide because of Gallen and before her death, she visits him in prison and tells him that Gallen broke up with her because Amy seduced him. His other niece tells him the exact same thing. So Gallen is not exactly on his friend's list.

Then some triads who tried to get close to him in prison suddenly kidnapped Gallen thinking it would make him happy but he knew nothing about it. Amy came and yelled at him and he got really pissed off. But he still paid off the triads and warned them about not touching Gallen again.

Eventually, he sees that Amy is truly happy with Gallen and he finds out that Nick is the manipulator. Then he uses his body to shield Gallen from bomb shrapnel and goes blind. But still, he is the one who travels all the way to overseas while blind to track down Gallen and convince him to return to Amy.
    Wow didn't realize I missed out on all this details, been so long I don't remember anymore. Thanks for the details =) I really like Eileen here as Apple, really like her character.

I may rewatch this series at some point if I can find it again.
    Me too, I really liked nnadia and Louis together. I can't recall but I don't think he was tan in hitman chronicles. Feel bad for gallen's wife I think it was astrid who play the character. He only love Jessica I think.

Me too, I really liked nnadia and Louis together. I can't recall but I don't think he was tan in hitman chronicles. Feel bad for gallen's wife I think it was astrid who play the character. He only love Jessica I think.
    Gallen first loved Maggie who he had a one night stand with but she didn't want anything to do with him. It was really her insults that stimulated his ruthlessness and ambition. He wanted to prove to her that he was better than her. I actually quite liked Astrid and she was a very nice girl all around. But sadly, Gallen only loved Jessica who hung around after he got dumped by Maggie. However, he saw that he could get ahead in life if he married Astrid so he dumped Jessica only to regret it later when he saw her preparing her wedding with Julian.
    Cyril Connolly

I thought Maggie's acting was very good here. I like astrid but seem to see less and less of her, I think she went to atv and then came back to tvb? I recall seeing her in battlefield network.

I thought Maggie's acting was very good here. I like astrid but seem to see less and less of her, I think she went to atv and then came back to tvb? I recall seeing her in battlefield network.
    I though Maggie really shone in here and her chemistry with Gallen was what got them paired together for several more series as main leads after this. Maggie was very convincing as the selfish brat that she started off with, as well as the more mature and content housewife that she ended up as. She was excellent in the scene where she ran to her dad's funeral and Astrid cooly slapped her.

I sort of like Astrid but she is mainly does MC work now. Astrid did leave for ATV, then returned. She also got married and took a short break. Astrid's last big role was in "When Heaven Burns" as Bowie's wife who cheats on him. I don't think Astrid is a great actress like Maggie but she can be effective when she needs to me. She is not good at comedy. I prefer her in serious dramas and she is convincing as lawyers or doctors.

BTW, Nan Ling, where are you up to with LOMH?
    Cyril Connolly