Page 9 of 169 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/420567_375862899090384_100000000316879_1468648_698 663546_n.jpg')

this looks too good...

EDIT: oh i realised it got posted onto lss's thread too.. But i dont care i'm leaving this here! i love it!

on another note... (other than fretting about who will play hqb, mj) any guesses on castings for the other characters?

i'm placing my bets on lgx being in this one... (he doesnt have any projects at the moment right?) i dunno i'm imagining him as either.. lee gan? (LOL he will be scolding lss again - it will be 14rx all over again) or that guy who's surname is chen... not hqb's steward.. the son.. cant remember the name...

sighs.. and the more i think about it.. the more sure i am that TR will CG the wolves and the pigeons.. i mean... if they had to cg a grass plain and a lotus lake...
    Last edited by thesolangestory; 02-22-12 at 07:06 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Da%20Mo%20Yao/dmy3-1.jpg')

another fan made pic leeched from koala's

I think by now Hu Ge's fans know how Huo Mi felt about the rumour of Wallace was considering for the role "Meng Jiu" in this drama, I still remember some of Hu Ge's fans even said that the second lead in a good drama is still good compare to a first lead in a bad drama. If this was still the case then Koala there is no big fuss about Hu Ge wants to play "second lead" right? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    I think by now Hu Ge's fans know how Huo Mi felt about the rumour of Wallace was considering for the role "Meng Jiu" in this drama, I still remember some of Hu Ge's fans even said that the second lead in a good drama is still good compare to a first lead in a bad drama. If this was still the case then Koala there is no big fuss about Hu Ge wants to play "second lead" right? :-)
    I think I like both actors equally. I have no problems with Hu Ge playing second fiddle in this drama because I think Meng Jiu is a great role. That's why I had no problems when Wallace was considered for that part. I just want someone who is just as good or better to play Xiao Huo! That is the lead character after all and not a very easy role to play. He's gotta be a lover and a fighter; cute/funny and tough/rugged.

Aiya, all I can do now is put my faith in Tang Ren and hope that they know what they are doing with the casting. They usually do a good job, even when they cast newbies in important roles (i.e. Hu Ge in Chinese Paladin and LGX in BBJX).

I keep picturing Fang Ru to look somewhat like Lv Yi especially the way she looked inside Ady's Royal Harem. For Li Yan, I kinda picture Tong Li Ya playing her. I can't really think up a actress with a deep voice though. I wonder if they'll just dub over for the actress if they can't find the exact match. It's easier to find a actress that match the look, but also have the same voice is kinda .... hard.

I think Hong Gu is easier to cast. There's so many actresses that could suit. I think Chen Zi Han has the sassy and scheming look (Legend White Snake as Xiao Qing) in her + the older sister feel (ROCH as Guo Fu).
    Last edited by chancy426; 02-22-12 at 11:18 PM.

I think Tangren might use some of their own actors for smaller roles as well, like maybe Guo Xiaoting or Guli Nazha as Fang Ru or Li Yan.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I think Tangren might use some of their own actors for smaller roles as well, like maybe Guo Xiaoting or Guli Nazha as Fang Ru or Li Yan.
    If Guli Nazha is casted, I'd imagine they make her Li Yan, since she does have that "ethnic minority" exotic look to her.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    If Guli Nazha is casted, I'd imagine they make her Li Yan, since she does have that "ethnic minority" exotic look to her.
    I think so too. I think Guli Nazha is pretty, but I think she looks too innocent and pure to play Li Yan. I've always thought of Li Yan as someone who can pull out the innocent and pure card to use when she wants to, but is actually someone very sad and quite crafty on the inside. The person who I think can pull this off the best is Tong Liya, so I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed until I have no hope.

I agree with what everyone is saying about Eddie too. I wouldn't mind seeing Hu Ge as Jiu Ye (after all, he is my favoritest character of all time) but I do think Eddie lacks presence (just a little) to play HQB. But casting him as Jiu Ye would be akin to casting the sun to play the moon. I can see Li Gan, Shi Feng maybe. Anyways, however they decide to cast him, I'm sure my mind will be blown and I'll change my mind after seeing them in character. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    I keep picturing Fang Ru to look somewhat like Lv Yi especially the way she looked inside Ady's Royal Harem. For Li Yan, I kinda picture Tong Li Ya playing her. I can't really think up a actress with a deep voice though. I wonder if they'll just dub over for the actress if they can't find the exact match. It's easier to find a actress that match the look, but also have the same voice is kinda .... hard.
    They don't need an actress to have the voice of the character. Professional dubbers/more experienced actresses can probably make it work.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    I think so too. I think Guli Nazha is pretty, but I think she looks too innocent and pure to play Li Yan. I've always thought of Li Yan as someone who can pull out the innocent and pure card to use when she wants to, but is actually someone very sad and quite crafty on the inside. The person who I think can pull this off the best is Tong Liya, so I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed until I have no hope.
    I think so too. Also, I always get impression that Li Yan would look more Han than Luo Lan considering that when Yu Jin was trying get her to confess she didn't think she looked very standout-ish among Han girls, but Guli Nazha really doesn't look Han. Tong Li Ya has this sad look to her in the dramas that I've seen her in, and she looks like she can hold her stories inward. Like someone who has many stories about them. But, since she is not in TR it seems unlikely considering she has some lead roles laid out for her this year. I don't find Guo Xiaoting to be a suitable Li Yan or Fang Ru either. ^^

I think it might be ok if HQB in the beginning lack presence compared to Jiu Ye as long as he crank it up as the story progresses. Considering Jing Yu didn't really see him in the beginning, she was too fazed by Jiu Ye.

I'm starting to think it's bad to know to much about the story now, I already got people with blurry faces all painted out.

Uncle Yanfei is also reading Da Mo Yao now.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/5e49744bjw1dqbys01m60j.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    That is a fan made poster of Hu Ge as the male lead Huo Qu Bing and Liu Shi Shi as Jin Yu. It isn't official. That picture is also posted in post #161 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    I personally don't have problem with Hu Ge playing Meng Jiu. heck it is a good character. I guess the problem mainly lies on Hu Ge not ending up with LSS "AGAIN".

But then, whatever role he wants to choose, I'm sure Hu Ge (and hopefully TangRen) knows what's good for him. So I'll still support him
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

I was one of the people that meant that, in a broader sense. Although in DMY's case, Huo Qu Bing and Meng Jiu are both 'perfect'. If taken from my point of view, as a biased Huo mi (for Huo Qu Bing, not Wallace), I would say HQB is a tad better . Of course, if a lead character was a vase/unlikeable/did not pose any challenge (which is quite seldom in most dramas), I myself would want HG to play second lead.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    I personally don't have problem with Hu Ge playing Meng Jiu. heck it is a good character. I guess the problem mainly lies on Hu Ge not ending up with LSS "AGAIN".
    Exactly. Sometimes shipping a couple yet also wishing the best for each of their careers is quite conflicting. For DMY, I'm definitely a lion cat. I'll probably revert back to a Pepper when LSS isn't involved.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-23-12 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post

But then, whatever role he wants to choose, I'm sure Hu Ge (and hopefully TangRen) knows what's good for him. So I'll still support him
    i think so too... actually i think MJ will be quite difficult to act.. i find him.. quite the strange inert guy with 5 million thoughts in his head with every action.. probably why HG wanted to play him in the first place.. as a challenge... i actually do want to see how HG can pull MJ off..

but i really want my shi ge together.. just... for once (at least)

It's sad that TR have been doing alot of good drama(BBJX, DMY) lately compared to years back but HG is not involved in any, K tossed HG into some crappy drama for years and HG didnt even complain. I know that Nicky and Kevin are big stars and bought BBJX to good views but just because they are famous n bought BBJX to fames doesnt mean K go find more mega stars to be in DMY to overtake the screen from HG. This is HG chance to show us what he got and to be involved.
    If HG does play MJ which I dont care if he play second to some crappy old mega stars but I was so hoping for ShiGe...

With all these rumors about Eddie Peng playing as HQB, I'm doomed. I mean, I love Eddie Peng but why? My hopes of ShiGe are now ruined. *unless Tangren is playing with us -.- I don't really mind who plays who but when it comes to ShiGe, I need them to be together AND have a beautiful ending. I think that Hu Ge matches both HQB and Jiu Ye but I'd rather have him as HQB just for my ShiGe. (especially with their bed scene) xD

Quote Originally Posted by bakaPX View Post
    I think that Hu Ge matches both HQB and Jiu Ye but I'd rather have him as HQB just for my ShiGe. (especially with their bed scene) xD
    You naughty...naughty person you $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/0b/tootha_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/f4/cj_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/19/heia_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/a5/cza_thumb.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    You naughty...naughty person you $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/0b/tootha_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/f4/cj_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/19/heia_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/a5/cza_thumb.gif')
    Lol. I know you all want to see it. :P Just think of the BTS. There'll be lots and lots of mistakes done. xD Anyways, this is probably the only time that they get to play as a couple. :/