Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Yay! I think Nicky did one of the best portrayals of Yong Zheng ever!

To me, the best portrayal will always go to Kwong Wah who left a very deep impression with his terrific performance in "Secret Battle of the Secret Majesties" back in the ATV 90's era, but Nicky is a very close second best. I was very torn between 8th and 4th here!

This I have to agree too. I used to find him a little on the sissy side (oops, sorry). But ever since he acted in BBJX, my opinion of him changed overnight. Then it got me thinking, if Kevin had acted as Yong Zheng (afterall the role was supposed to be his?), would it have a similar effect on me? Hmm...perhaps. I guess most gals would swoon if there's really such a charismatic guy in reality (man of steel, yet so in luv with that one lucky gal that he would do anything for her)...lol. That's his appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by bakaPX View Post
    I'm fine with anything as long as the original cast is in there. Although, I'd prefer a drama series. There were rumors of Yuan Hong not participating in it. I hope it's just rumors. :/
    this just made me recall something.. when is yuan hong going to start filming that show with siwon that is due to air in 2013?! I HOPE NOT IN AUGUST. i really want the original cast in it. what made me so hooked on this show was not only the script, the awesome acting and the incredible costumes, but also because of the bond i saw in the cast during their bts...

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    The right one is Yongzheng? Isn't that from the Lu Ding Ji mini-movie/advertisement?
    The one on the right is Emperor Kangxi, he's Yongzheng's father. The mini-movie from Meng Hui Lu Ding Ji doesn't really make sense when they put Ruoxi's character in where young Kangxi (Nicky ^.^) meets her. But I do admit that the ending of the mini-movie was kinda cute

This TV show caused the death of a girl for indulging her mind into going back to the evil qing dynasty

I'm really looking forward to BBJX2 as long as Tong Hua is involved in the scripting process. The premise has a lot of potential in a modern setting and based on all the modern fan trailers, I'm psyched even though the production hasn't even started yet! :P

Quote Originally Posted by AznGirl621 View Post
    The one on the right is Emperor Kangxi, he's Yongzheng's father. The mini-movie from Meng Hui Lu Ding Ji doesn't really make sense when they put Ruoxi's character in where young Kangxi (Nicky ^.^) meets her. But I do admit that the ending of the mini-movie was kinda cute
    that's what I thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    I'm really looking forward to BBJX2 as long as Tong Hua is involved in the scripting process. The premise has a lot of potential in a modern setting and based on all the modern fan trailers, I'm psyched even though the production hasn't even started yet! :P
    my memory is poor so I don't know if they'd already mention if Tong Hua will be involved in it, but practically speaking, it won't make sense especially since BBJX2 is supposed to be totally different from the book and I haven't heard of any book 2 that was published (or even currently being written)
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    this just made me recall something.. when is yuan hong going to start filming that show with siwon that is due to air in 2013?! I HOPE NOT IN AUGUST. i really want the original cast in it. what made me so hooked on this show was not only the script, the awesome acting and the incredible costumes, but also because of the bond i saw in the cast during their bts...
    Oh my gosh, I really hope that his filming isn't in August. He HAS to be there for this!

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    According to rumors, Tong Hua isn't going to be involved in the scripting process. I'd love it if she is involved though. I'd be happy as long as the original cast is there and has a mediocre script.

Quote Originally Posted by de1tafrida View Post
    This I have to agree too. I used to find him a little on the sissy side (oops, sorry). But ever since he acted in BBJX, my opinion of him changed overnight. Then it got me thinking, if Kevin had acted as Yong Zheng (afterall the role was supposed to be his?), would it have a similar effect on me? Hmm...perhaps. I guess most gals would swoon if there's really such a charismatic guy in reality (man of steel, yet so in luv with that one lucky gal that he would do anything for her)...lol. That's his appeal.
    Haha I have never liked Nicky too since his Little tigers days. This drama didn't managed to change my opinion of him. Gimme Kevin any time. Quickly hides from Nicky's fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Haha I have never liked Nicky too since his Little tigers days. This drama didn't managed to change my opinion of him. Gimme Kevin any time. Quickly hides from Nicky's fans here.
    Don't worry Luanee, we won't get upset. He can't please everyone. I think what makes this drama so appealing is that everyone did a great job in it, including Kevin. Though I think he's a bit too nice to play 4th. Then again, I use to think Nicky was too sweet of a guy to play someone like Yong Zheng.

May GOD have mercy on this series producer and all of the actors/actresses involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Don't worry Luanee, we won't get upset. He can't please everyone. I think what makes this drama so appealing is that everyone did a great job in it, including Kevin. Though I think he's a bit too nice to play 4th. Then again, I use to think Nicky was too sweet of a guy to play someone like Yong Zheng.
    Yeah i cant really imagine Kevin acting as 4th also.. but then again, we wont know until we see it

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    He's filming "If we go back in time" with Siwon now. See these pics of them playing basketball:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/831d1bc0gw1drlhi6nknpj.jpg')

too bad they aren't filming in Elephant Hill. I'd love to see them join Peter Ho's basketball game with the Da Mo Yao crew
    I ship Shi-Harem

i'm also looking forward to the sequel. love all of their chemistry. ^^

for the record, anyone can view another poster's profile and add them to your ignore list. problem solved.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    i'm also looking forward to the sequel. love all of their chemistry. ^^

for the record, anyone can view another poster's profile and add them to your ignore list. problem solved.
    OH what happens after we add them to the ignore list? Does it mean their posts become invisible to us ?

Edit: Oh yes it does!! Haha thank u !!!
    Last edited by Luanee; 04-02-12 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    OH what happens after we add them to the ignore list? Does it mean their posts become invisible to us ?

Edit: Oh yes it does!! Haha thank u !!!
    OMG, thanks for the very useful tip! Yay, instant troll elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    The right one is Yongzheng? Isn't that from the Lu Ding Ji mini-movie/advertisement?
    Oh, Yongzheng and Kangxi are my heroes then, heh! OK, I prefer Nicky's Yongzheng over his Kangxi (who didn't do much in the ad anyway). But I was bowled over by Damian Lau's portrayal of Kangxi in BBJX.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 04-02-12 at 11:09 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Oh, Yongzheng and Kangxi are my heroes then, heh! OK, I prefer Nicky's Yongzheng over his Kangxi (who didn't do much in the ad anyway). But I was bowled over by Damian Lau's portrayal of Kangxi in BBJX.
    Me too... I prefer his Yongzheng than his Kangxi... maybe because his Kangxi doesn't really look like one (at least as far as his hair/half bald head is concern - which is a must in Qing dynasty )
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

It's saddening that people can laugh and not take another person life seriously over a tv show.

you are just sad by repeating same topic over and over, just like u videos. Sometimes trolls are funny but u are just annoying as hell. Wtf u just get a life and gtfo

peace

Quote Originally Posted by skykh18 View Post
    you are just sad by repeating same topic over and over, just like u videos. Sometimes trolls are funny but u are just annoying as hell. Wtf u just get a life and gtfo

peace

Is it wrong to be concern for the well being of other people over a tv series?