Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey 2

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    I notice that for some weird reasons, AMO1 suddenly have a surge of 5k hits, from 66k to 71k...if you notice, within a day span, there is another 1k views @@ More popular than AMO2?
    Maybe new fans who need to first read AMO1 before starting AMO2??

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    I notice that for some weird reasons, AMO1 suddenly have a surge of 5k hits, from 66k to 71k...if you notice, within a day span, there is another 1k views @@ More popular than AMO2?
    I guess when alot of people started reading AMO2, they realize they needed to go back and read AMO1 1st. Also the majority of spcnet users aren't registered or logged in for that matter... AMO1 now has 72k and AMO2 has 2.5k, that's doubled for AMO2 in a matter of days... people usually read more and have more free time during weekends and warmer weather. Most likely word of mouth spread...

Thanks Avidfan. Just found out that you started A Martial Odyssey 2

Thanks everyone for taking the effort to post and comment! Very much appreciated it

Quote: Geraldsaw
    Been trying to log in for some days but although allowed registration, still cannot post. Hope this time is 3rd time lucky. Wanted to say that Lele is the jade emperor's pet and therefore nothing will happen to her.
    Good observant!

Nice story, altrhrough i've only start reading this week . Looking forward for the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by dieyna View Post
    Nice story, altrhrough i've only start reading this week . Looking forward for the next chapter.
    Thanks dieyna =) Glad you are enjoying it!

Chapter 7: The Prime Celestials

They were seated in two rows and were facing the Jade Emperor.

There were beautiful wines and aromatic food but Yi Ping’s mind was preoccupied with many questions.

Yi Ping was curious why the eyes of the Jade Emperor were crimson now but was not earlier. And of course, what was going on around here? Earlier, he had expected a deadly duel with the Dark Celestials but now he was actually sitting with them in the same hall!

Now that Yi Ping had found Lele, he was relieved that she was safe but at the same time he was feeling awkward. It was because he had found himself sitting face to face with the Celestial Liege, an opponent that he had fought twice against.

At the same time, this did not help him at all when Shen Xingyue, Youxue, Lie Qing and Lele were all giving him the cold shoulders. It was because Yu’Er and Mei’Er were deliberating sitting beside him and not giving anyone else the opportunity to get close to him!

Lele was overheard muttering, “I don’t mind at all. I am a highly attained Celestial.”

However, she was chilly and she was cold towards Yi Ping.

Shen Xingyue and Lie Qing never even took a glance at him and they were deliberately chatting happily with each other as though he was not there!

Youxue was wrapped in her cold demeanor, not talking to anyone except Yunzi.

The Celestial Liege was also looking at Yi Ping in an awkward manner.

It was because both Lie Qing and Youxue refused to look at him and had also pretended he was not there.

Ye Ling whispered to him, “You seem to mind the two maidens a lot.”

The Celestial Liege smiled bitterly, “I am not.”

Ye Ling turned away quietly, “You lying…”

As when she was about to rebuke him further, the Jade Emperor had interrupted her and was saying to everyone. “Welcome to the Celestial Palace. I hope that this banquet is pleasing for everyone.”

The banquet of the Celestial Palace was more than magnificent. In fact, none of them had ever seen another grand feast such as this. There were all types and kinds of aromatic food that were being laid on the table one by one by dozens of serving attendants!

Only Yixian and Shen Xingyue were unmoved.

They were content with simple food and were vegans so they were not tempted.

Even though Yu’Er and Mei’Er were also vegans, their eyes were glowing at the aromatic honeys and wines that were being displayed!

Lingfeng was quiet and was lamenting softly to herself but nobody knew what was in her mind.

The Jade Emperor said to the guests, “By now, you should have already been acquainted with three of the Prime Celestials of the Celestial Palace, the Joyful Goddess, the Celestial Liege and the Confession Lady.”

The Confession Lady of course was referring to Ye Ling.

Ye Ling gave a smile as she winked coyly at Yi Ping, “I am new as a Prime Celestial. My experiences and martial skills are not as plenty as my predecessors.”

Yi Ping had noticed her wink and was smiling bitterly as he thought, “Lele has told me before that in order for one to be appointed as a Prime Celestial, they have to be extraordinary martial exponents and have the backings of the elders or else it will be hard for them to keep their appointments within the Celestial Palace. She isn’t from the same clan as Lele yet she is a Prime Celestial. Does it mean that she must have extraordinary skills or else that wouldn’t be possible?”

The Jade Emperor looked wryly at Yi Ping as he said, “There are many others here but they are in a slumber. When there are opportunities, I will introduce you to them. You must have many questions to ask me, am I right? Perhaps I can clear the doubts in your mind.”

Yi Ping asked quite bluntly, “Why aren’t your eyes crimson? Are you a Dark Celestial? Are all of you Dark Celestials?”

The Jade Emperor laughed, “Practitioners of the internal martial arts are able to suppress their internal strength and even their state of divinity. Therefore this is not a real surprise at all.”

Lingfeng nodded.

Shen Xingyue was silent. It was because it was easier said than done. Even though her Divine Rejuvenation Force was an epitome internal skill, it was unlike the absorbing skill of the Celestial Force which could suppress even the practitioner’s own martial strength. Moreover, to be able to do so was an indication of the practitioner’s level. Even for the Celestial Liege and Lele, they were not able to accomplish that.

Yi Ping could only groan quietly at that.

The Jade Emperor added a smile after noticing Yi Ping’s expression, “Am I a Dark Celestial? What do you really think?”

Yi Ping turned to look at the Celestial Liege and Ye Ling before he sighed, “I really do not know.”

He was not sure either and dare not make quick judgments!

The Jade Emperor gave a soft sigh before saying, “I have almost become a Dark Celestial if it wasn’t for the timely arrival of Huan Lie.”

Huan Lie was the real name of the Celestial Liege.

The Jade Emperor said solemnly, “In order to become a Celestial, first know how to cultivate as a human sage. That is what Huan Lie has said to me…”

He stole a glance at Lie Qing who nodded discreetly at him before saying, “Without the timely advice of Maiden Lie Qing to Huan Lie, I would have turned into a Dark Celestial. The Celestial Palace and the Invincible Divine Clan have been sworn enemies for a long time…”

Lie Qing interrupted casually, “That is in the past.”

She pretended not to be concerned but she was in fact was still grieving for her clan demise or else, she would have forgiven Huan Lie already.

The Jade Emperor could sense that she did not want to bring up the past so he said, “That requires a lot of willpower. I have almost perished in my Divine Calamity a year ago and that advice sustained me to the very end. But I can’t say the same for many of us here.”

The Jade Emperor was suddenly grave and his eyes were melancholy.

In the past one year alone, more than half of the protégés of the Celestial Palace had perished and many of them were in fact killed by him!

One year ago, the Jade Emperor had said to them. “From now on, I will no longer aid you in your Divine Calamities or else it will be detrimental to your future cultivations. Everyone has to die eventually. Many of you have already prolonged your lives long enough at the expense of others. What we did cannot be forgiven so easily. We should turn back now and right the wrongs that we did.”

That caused a furor and immediately the Celestial Palace was split into two warring factions.

The Dark Celestials of the Celestial Palace that refused to turn over a new leaf was eventually defeated. Most were killed and quite a few had escaped.

These Dark Celestials that had escaped would one day stir new troubles for the martial fraternity; their secret martial knowledge would make them formidable foes!

The Jade Emperor explained to Yi Ping patiently that from now on, the remnants of the Celestial Palace would embark on the correct path and would not do anything that was considered unrighteous in the martial fraternity.

When he had said that, even the Celestial Liege and Ye Ling were both solemn. It was because unlike the Jade Emperor who had managed to overcome the Divine Calamity through his own efforts, the rest of the Dark Celestials of the Celestial Palace had not. When it was time for the Divine Calamity to descend upon them, most of them would not survive!

That was why many of the Dark Celestials of the Celestial Palace had resisted the call of the Jade Emperor to embark on a new path and had even rebelled!

It was because this new path was a self-destructed path that could spell the end for them!

After hearing this account from the Jade Emperor, Yi Ping’s heart began to calm down and his enmity against the Celestial Palace was dropped. Similar to Lie Qing, Yi Ping’s martial clan had a grudge against the Celestial Palace.

In fact, he had also gained a little respect for the Jade Emperor who had taken such a drastic measure to correct his wrongdoings. He knew that most of the Dark Celestials in the Celestial Palace was actually his kin and therefore it was a painful decision for him.

The Jade Emperor tried to lighten the mood of the atmosphere by changing the conversation, “For many years, the Celestial Palace is the most powerful martial clan as well as the most powerful celestial clan in the fraternity. But now, it is not the case anymore.”

Yi Ping asked curiously, “Surely it is still the most powerful clan in the fraternity? The martial skills of the Celestial Palace are also the quintessence of the martial skills of the fraternity.”

The Jade Emperor said solemnly, “You may not know that there are also many other celestial clans in the fraternity, am I right?”

Yi Ping was startled, “There are other celestial clans in the martial fraternity?”

The Jade Emperor said, “Indeed there are many celestial clans in the fraternity but in order to ascend as quickly as possible, most of the celestial clans do not want to meddle in the affairs of the martial fraternity. I know that there are at least two prominent celestial practitioners in the Universal Truth Sect and the Infinity Sword Clan.”

Yi Ping was surprised, “The Infinity Sword Clan also has a celestial practitioner?”

The Jade Emperor was solemn, “There may be more but the majority of the Infinity Sword Clan may not be aware of their presence. But they may be making their presence known very soon to you.”

Yi Ping was getting more and more bewildered as he muttered, “Huh?”

The Jade Emperor pointed at Shen Xingyue, “She has taken their Blue Heavens Divine Sword. It is not something that they will give up easily even if they are highly attained celestial practitioners who have no mortal wants.”

Shen Xingyue said coolly, “It is not something that I will give up easily either!”

The Jade Emperor smiled at her, “I expect so too. I have heard that Maiden Shen is also a secret celestial practitioner from the Honor Manor and your level is pretty high too. I will like to exchange pointers with you sometimes.”

Shen Xingyue pretended not to hear. Even though she did not show it, she still bore a grudge against him for laying his hands on her when they had fought earlier!

Yi Ping was beginning to understand more and more now. Even though Shen Xingyue was Han Shaodong’s protégé mistress, he had never expected that his protégé mistress to be a celestial practitioner and was really surprised when he had realized it!

Yi Ping thought, “It seems that even the celestial practitioners do not trust their own. Alas, these conflicts and bloodshed, when will it ever end? It seems that it is easier to guard against an enemy than a friend. These celestial practitioners will rather endure countless years of solitary than risk having their years of celestial cultivation destroyed by a betrayal. But of course if there are other secret celestial practitioners in the fraternity, then there must also be dark celestial practitioners too which they must be wary…”

The Jade Emperor added, “Other than the secret existence of the celestial clans, the martial skills of the various martial clans are also not to be underestimated. Take for example, the secret skills of the Virtuous Palace and the Eternal Ice Palace among many others. Who knows, these clans may also have their own secret celestial practitioners somewhere.”

Yixian immediately raised her eyebrow as she began to tremble lightly as she thought, “There are others like me from the Eternal Ice Palace? Where are they?”

The Jade Emperor looked at Yi Ping before saying, “The Divine Horizon Hands also cannot be underestimated.”

He paused for a while to look at everyone, lingering at Lele before saying. “The Celestial Palace has no lofty ambitions to dominate the martial fraternity unlike the Dark Celestials. On the other hand, the Celestial Palace has much to fear from the heretic sects that are led by the Dark Celestials especially from those that are previously from the Celestial Palace. They know too much and may collaborate with our enemies for their own gains. ”

Lele was melancholy as she muttered, “Grandpa, don’t be sad…”

The Jade Emperor smiled fondly at Lele before he said, “You have grown up and have become a true celestial. I have no other qualms anymore. But remember, the upper realm is much more dangerous than the martial realm here. Grandpa can no longer take care of you anymore. There are many other celestial practitioners out there and it is a place that I hope that I may go one day. So don’t die there.”

Lele looked away quietly. It was because she did not want her grandpa to see her quiet tears.

The Jade Emperor turned and looked at Yi Ping intently, “So take care of Lele and I will take care of your child for you. One day, we may meet us again.”

Yi Ping stammered, “You are willing to lend us the Heavenly Relic?”

The Heavenly Relic was a prized artifact. No one would be willing to give it away so readily!

The Jade Emperor nodded, “Even though I had in the past gone through many hardships in order to obtain it and it is also important to me but I believe that your cause is more worthy.”

He smiled wryly as he looked at Lingfeng, “What an astonishing maiden. I may not know who you really are due to my ignorant but I hope that one day when I am able to transmigrate to the Ninth Heavens, you will be able to lend me a helping hand. After all, I may be a powerful celestial here but I can’t say the same when I am on the other side.”

Lele had already told him that Ji Lingfeng was actually a celestial practitioner and that her celestial name was the Heaveness.

As a matter of fact, Lingfeng had previously pointed out to Lele what went wrong with the intricate formulas of the Celestial Force and had even resolved some of the tricky difficulties that were plaguing the celestial practitioners of the Celestial Palace. Lele had used some of that knowledge gained to help her grandpa resolve his own difficulties.

The Jade Emperor was astonished that Lingfeng knew so much about the various intricate formulas. That was why he was willing to give Yi Ping the Heavenly Relic. But that was not the main and only reason.

He was simply content that Lele was able to go to the Ninth Heavens and that she was able to fulfill his lifelong dream for him. Even though he was secretly reluctant and afraid, he did not want to reveal it to her. It was because there must be a strong enough reason that only celestial practitioners who were ready were allowed there. Deep in his heart, he knew that Yi Ping and the rest were not ready yet but he was also not willing to discourage them.

Lingfeng was trembling lightly. She looked at the Jade Emperor intently with a soft sigh, “You, you are really willing to lend us the Heavenly Relic?”

The Jade Emperor laughed and confirmed the answer, “Why not?”

Lingfeng nodded in appreciation. Words simply could not describe her gratefulness!

The Jade Emperor was suddenly solemn, “But there is one thing that I am curious in. I have heard that when a celestial practitioner transmigrated to the Ninth Heavens, metallic materials are destroyed in the process and sometimes under rare circumstances, metallic residues such as the Heavenly Relics will be left behind when precious metals are destroyed.”

He looked at Yujian, Meijian, Yixian, Shen Xingyue, Lele and Lie Qing with a curious look, “Divine weapons and Heavenly Relics won’t be destroyed but it can’t transmigrate together with the celestial practitioners either. But from what I know from Lele, the reason why you need the Heavenly Relics is to substitute it as a divine weapon to form the Celestial Star Formation so that transmigration to the Ninth Heavens would be made possible. Surely you are not thinking of giving me all these divine weapons and Heavenly Relics afterwards?”

Lingfeng smiled mysteriously, “What do you think?”

Ch7 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks a million for another weekend update!

"Only Yixian and Shen Xingyue were not unmoved." ==> It's a double negative, which means they were moved...

"were in fact were killed by him!: ==> rephrase needed...

Hehe
    Last edited by szfong; 05-02-14 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanks a million for another weekend update!

"Only Yixian and Shen Xingyue were not unmoved." ==> It's a double negative, which means they were moved...

"were in fact were killed by him!: ==> rephrase needed...

Hehe
    Thanks a million! Correct!

Thanks Avidfan

Waiting and waiting
    I'm addicted to this

Thanks Anh Nam and Kurotagusu

Posting in a few hours time =)

Chapter 8: The Ultimate Celestial Star Formation

It was noon, the winds were strong and dark clouds were forming rapidly.

The view from the top of the cold misty mountains was breathtaking but no one had any mood for appreciation.

The Jade Emperor, the Celestial Liege and Ye Ling were here to witness the most significant event that were to take place, the transmigration to the realm above that was called the Ninth Heavens.

Ye Ling gasped, “I have never expected to see such an event taking place. Is it really possible? They are really going to Beyond?”

Lingfeng had overheard Ye Ling and she smiled, “Actually Beyond isn’t actually the correct name for it.”

Ye Ling asked curiously, “What do you mean?”

Lingfeng explained, “Previously we have all thought that the Ninth Heavens is the Beyond. But a Tenth Heavens exists beyond the Ninth Heavens. This is a place where we call the God Realm and is a goal that the celestial practitioners in the Ninth Heavens are striving for.”

Ye Ling, the Jade Emperor and the Celestial Liege gasped, “There is yet another realm above the Ninth Heavens?”

Lingfeng realized that she had revealed too much and she was suddenly quiet.

Even Yi Ping and the rest of the other eight maidens were all looking at her curiously and waiting for her to continue.

Finally, Lingfeng simply said. “The Heavens beyond the Heavens, is called the Beyond. This is a place where we can be sheltered from the tribulations. However, no one living has found a way there. Only one celestial who calls himself the Dark Lord of the Chaos Cosmos has been there from the enigmatic clues that we have gathered. But we are not sure if he really makes it too. But no matter what, knowing too much isn’t going to help you and will even harm your celestial progression.”

The Jade Emperor nodded as he stared blankly at Lingfeng as he thought, “How did she know so much about the celestial realm? Is she from that realm?”

In the meantime, the Celestial Liege stood awkwardly in front of Lie Qing and Xiao Youxue. Finally he said, “We don’t know what will actually happens but I wish the best for both of you.”

Lie Qing sighed softly and she finally spoke, “What is past is past. Don’t linger anymore and be decisive.”

She stole a quick look at Youxue and Ye Ling.

Ye Ling quickly looked the other way.

Youxue said coldly, “I am not that close to you and I already have someone close to my heart. You should treasure that maiden over there. Surely you must be terribly blind!”

The Celestial Liege was startled and he followed the look in Youxue’s eyes and saw Ye Ling.

The Celestial Liege was dumbfounded momentarily and for the first time, he seemed confused.

At the same time, Yi Ping saw the look in the Celestial Liege as he sighed, “They are all devoted to me but can I give them all a fair and just treatment?”

Officially, Yixian the Celestial Fairy was his official wife.

Unofficially, Lele and Yunzi were his second and third wives as they had not gone through any marriage rites.

In the past one year alone, he had been buzy recuperating from various Divine Calamities afflictions. Moreover, now that he knew that his father, Yi Tianxing was still living, he felt that he had to seek his father’s blessings and nod in approval. However, he did not know where his father had gone to. He tried to find him at the valley where he had first encountered him but he was not there. He even went to the vicinity where his mother had been buried but he could not find him either.

Lele immediately knew that Yi Ping was troubled. She stroked her long flowing hair gently as she winked at Yi Ping to distract him, “Today, we are going to the upper realm. I have always wanted to know what is up there.”

She looked at Yixian and Lie Qing who looked at her quietly.

Even Yi Ping was smiling bitterly as he muttered, “We don’t know if the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation is able to work. This is a gambit. I still think if anyone wants to give it up, there is still time…”

Shen Xingyue said quietly, “I am going. Nothing will change my mind!”

Yujian and Meijian said at the same time melancholy, “Even if we turn to ashes together, we are not afraid!”

Lie Qing said with an enchanting smile, “What makes you think I am going to leave you with Lingfeng?”

Yixian said gently and her expressions were full of conviction, “Ping’Er, we will never part again.”

Yunzi nodded, “If we are unwilling, we will have already told you so. Whether we will succeed or not, let fate be our guiding hand!”

Youxue said, “I have never regretted knowing you and Sister Lingfeng. Even though it is a big risk to take and no one has ever tried it before, I am not afraid.”

Lingfeng sighed softly and her eyes were beaming, “Everyone…”

Yi Ping nodded and he finally let go of a heavy burden in his heart, “Then so be it. Whether we can all live or die, it doesn't matter anymore as long as we can all be together!”

He took bold stride towards the Jade Emperor and he was suddenly on his kneels!

The Jade Emperor was startled, “What is going on? Please get up first…”

Yi Ping bowed three times, “This is for taking care of my infant on my behalf. Whether we can succeed or not, I will never see her for a long time.”

The Jade Emperor stroked his long heard, “She is also my kin. What a thing to say. Naturally I will take care of her. Please get up.”

Yi Ping was trembling as he picked himself up, “Thank you!”

Lele said quietly to the Jade Emperor, “Grandpa, thank you…”

The Jade Emperor sighed, “Not at all. Lele, you must also take care too and get along well with everyone. Be strong. Let me ask you, how your proficiency with the Crescent Moon Sword Techniques and have you met any opponent that can best you while you are using it?”

Lele replied quietly, “Yuan Shao, an elder from the Virtuous Palace is able to best me.”

The Jade Emperor said, “This is not shameful. The Virtuous Palace is renowned for their swordplay. In the upper realm, there are many powerful opponents. So be careful. Don’t forget to refine your sword techniques or else even if you have a divine sword in your hand, it is just a useless toy.”

Lele nodded tearfully, “I will. Grandpa, you must take care of yourself too…”

The Jade Emperor patted her on her shoulder, “Don’t cry Lele. You have already grown up and a mother now. It is getting late or else if we continue to chat like this, you will miss the auspicious timing.”

The Jade Emperor looked at Yi Ping and said solemnly, “Yi Ping, take care of Lele and don’t let her come to harm’s way. Or else I won’t let you off!”

Yi Ping bowed with his hands, “I will definitely do so, Jade Emperor…”

The Jade Emperor interrupted with a laugh, “You should call me Grandpa too.”

Yi Ping corrected himself as he smiled broadly, “Yes, Grandpa!”

He paused for a while before he said, “Grandpa, there is something that I should tell…”

All of a sudden, Lingfeng walked up to him and laughed softly, “Yi Ping, don’t worry too much, alright?”

Yi Ping said, “But Lingfeng…”

Lingfeng gave him a hostile stare for a second before she broke into a smile, “You worry too much, my hero.”

Yi Ping sighed. He knew that Lingfeng did not want him to reveal the truth to the Jade Emperor and had interrupted him.

Silently, Shen Xingyue and Lele exchanged knowing glances with each other without anyone noticing.

Shen Xingyue had walked quietly beside Yi Ping and said, “Yi Ping, we still haven’t decided who is going to take the inner formation.”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping was jolted!

It was because Shen Xingyue and Lele had a quarrel last night on that and it took them almost all night to persuade the both of them to calm down.

Shen Xingyue had wanted to take the inner formation because that was where she could be the nearest to Yi Ping so that she could act as his guardian. She was the highest level celestial and Yi Ping would be safe in her hands if she was in the inner formation.

The nine maidens had grouped themselves into three teams. Lele, Yixian and Lie Qing were in the same team. Youxue, Yunzi and Lingfeng were in the second team while Yujian, Meijian and Shen Xingyue were in the third team.

The Ultimate Celestial Star Formation consisted of an inner formation and two outer formations. These three teams were supposed to take a place in the formation.

Shen Xingyue said coolly, “Since Yi Ping can’t decide things, then let’s our martial skills decide it!”

She had drawn out her Blue Heavens Divine Sword but Lele was not slow; she had drawn out her Divine Echo Divine Sword.

Immediately, a brilliant flash of light imploded and the furious clash of the two divine swords caused a shockwave that rippled throughout!

This was followed by a series of small globe of lights as Lele and Shen Xingyue displayed their attacks furiously and in a blink of an eye, dozens of strokes were exchanged with astonishing speed!

Yi Ping was panicky. Even though he knew that their strokes were not killing strokes and were mostly feints but a weapon had no eyes. So he shouted panicky, “Stop it, both of you!”

The rest of the maidens could only watch helplessness. It was because Lele the Joyful Goddess and Shen Xingyue the Fiery Phoenix were two of the highest level celestials. Moreover, they had a divine sword in their hands and when they fought, the deadly sword energies of their divine swords rippled around them like deadly death rays!

Not only was Yi Ping panicky, the Jade Emperor and the Celestial Liege were too!

All of a sudden, Yixian the Celestial Fairy was in their midst, drawing her Heavenly Earth Celestial Sword and displaying the Divine Emerald Skill with it.

The Divine Emerald Skill was a defensive skill that could form a formless shield with the sheer martial force of the practitioner’s martial power.

Startled by Yixian’s abrupt suddenly entrance, both Lele and Shen Xingyue were forced to take several steps backward!

Lele immediately said, “Sister! She tries to bully me! Come help me. Just because she thinks she has the higher state of celestial divinity, she thinks she can bully us into submitting to her! She seems to have forgotten that other than us, there are no others that can understand the Celestial Star Formation better!”

Shen Xingyue sighed softly, “I am just afraid she may be distracted and that could spell disastrous for us. Separating her and Yi Ping may be a better idea.”

Lele said exasperatedly, “Who says I will be distracted? Don’t forget that I am the one that taught everyone the Celestial Star Formation. There is no cause for concern…”

Yixian smiled gently at Lele, “My Joyful Goddess! This is the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation. Even if you are familiar with the formation but this formation requires the co-ordination of everyone. Since Sister Xingyue will like to take the place of the Inner Formation, why don’t we do as she suggests? In the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation, the most vulnerable person is actually Yi Ping. With Yu’Er and Mei’Er expertise in their Dual Inertness Intricacy, they will be able to aid Ping’Er. In fact, they will be able to aid him more than anyone of us with their Wordless Heart Intricacy Skill.”

After Yujian and Meijian had become a celestial practitioner, they had advanced their Dual Inertness Intricacy and had progressed to the Wordless Heart Intricacy Skill level, a skill that allowed them to relate their emotions to the others.

And it was a skill that they had enjoyed relating to Yi Ping to tell him constantly of their silent sentiments for him!

Yunzi and Lingfeng looked at Yi Ping and pleaded to him with their eyes…

Yi Ping nodded at them and he quickly said aloud, “The inner formation is crucial to the entire Ultimate Star Formation. With Yu’Er and Mei’Er current skills, they are now able to perfectly execute the Celestial Star Formation flawlessly. Moreover with Xingyue in the inner formation, she may be able to aid me if something really goes wrong.”

He sighed melancholy, “The inner formation is not the most dangerous when the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation is executed. I am more worry about the two outer formations. If Lele, Yixian and Lie Qing can be at the outer formation to aid Yunzi, Youxue and Lingfeng, I will feel more secure.”

He added with a heartfelt sorrow, “What good is it to me if Yunzi, Youxue and Lingfeng perish at the outer formation just to protect me? I rather I will be the one that perish in their stead instead.”

Lele sighed melancholy, “Ping’Er, don’t be sad. I…I will go to the outer formation then.”

Lie Qing comforted Lele with a smile, “That is my good sister!”

Yi Ping nodded and his eyes were full of appreciation.

When Lele saw his appreciative eyes, she was comforted and her disputes with Shen Xingyue seemed to be forgotten quickly.

However, Yi Ping did not know that Lele and Shen Xingyue were merely putting on an act together to fool him…

Yi Ping said, “Let us begin now. It is high noon already.”

The Celestial Liege bowed with his hands, “Yi Ping, we will surely meet again. Till then, don’t die!”

Yi Ping bowed with his hands too as he said, “I will. Till we meet again! Farewell!”

The Celestial Liege laughed aloud, “Farewell!”

The Jade Emperor, the Celestial Liege and Ye Ling began to walk to a safe distance to observe the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation that was taking place in front of their eyes.

From afar, they would see nine brilliant flashes of lights.

When the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation had taken place, misty columns of ice and dust flurried everywhere, obscuring the view of Yi Ping and the nine maidens.

The entire misty mountain began to shake violently as tremors after tremors were felt!

Even though the Jade Emperor, the Celestial Liege and Ye Ling were all standing far away from the Ultimate Celestial Formation, the winds that were being generated from the formation threatened to knock them to the ground!

It was a lucky thing that they were all internal martial exponents. Immediately they had all displayed the Thousand Weight Skill to stabilize themselves!

By now, they could no longer see Yi Ping or anyone in the formation. They could only see columns of mists and dusts spreading threatening in all directions as though the entire mountain would be devoured in the aftermath of this supernatural force!

The Jade Emperor sighed, “I have heard that the Celestial Star Formation is a killer of the celestials. Now that I have witnessed it, I believe it.”

Even though they were standing very far away, they were still being hit by high speed pebbles that were flying in all directions.

Ye Ling said quietly, “Let’s hope that this transmigration will be successful. I really hope to see them well.”

The Celestial Liege had broken in cold sweat as he looked at the electric dark clouds above which had turned azure color!

Even the Jade Emperor had broken into cold sweat as he saw the purple and red electric clouds that had burst into flashes of binding light every now and then with thunderous trembles!

Forks of purplish lightning bolts, literally hundreds of them were raining on the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation as it thundered violently and frightening throughout the vicinity!

The Jade Emperor was trembling as he muttered, “So this is the final Divine Calamity that will take place before the ascension to the Ninth Heavens?”

As he said that, the entire mountains were being blasted thunderously and rocks were exploding violently in all directions!

Ye Ling quickly said, “We must retreat even further! This place is too dangerous and it may collapse at any time!”

The Jade Emperor nodded reluctantly.

As soon as they had evacuated further away, the position that they were standing earlier were suddenly covered by destroyed boulders that weight hundreds of tons and a freak lightning bolt had even struck at the same position that they were at earlier!

The Jade Emperor, the Celestial Liege and Ye Ling turned pale immediately.

They did not know how long they have been struggling in this supernatural storm but it seemed to take an eternity.

All of a sudden, a brilliant light was seen bursting forth from the misty columns below and into the electric storms above, instantly calming the storm!

For a long while, no one dared to make a move as they waited for the dust to settle.

Was Yi Ping successful? Did they manage to transmigrate to the Ninth Heavens?

When the dust had finally settled, the Jade Emperor was the first to speak but he was looking more annoyed than relieve, “Lele, you have even dared to trick your own grandpa!”

The Celestial Liege was bewildered and he took a quick look at the destroyed platform that was covered with debris and with the soft glittering glow of lights where the Ultimate Celestial Star Formation had taken place earlier, asking. “What is wrong?”

The Jade Emperor said, “To think that I have treated them so well yet they didn’t tell me that they can take the divine weapons with them to the Ninth Heavens! Lele, Yi Ping! Your grandpa is really unhappy!”

The Jade Emperor, the Celestial Liege and Ye Ling were also waiting to collect their divine weapons should the transmigration be successful.

The Celestial Liege scanned the surroundings to make sure that what the Jade Emperor had said was the truth before he sighed, “No wonder they say the martial fraternity is treacherous. Lele has completely double crossed us…”

Even Ye Ling was saying, “Their fights and their quarrels in the past few days were just a ruse to distract us. The Celestial Palace will never let this slight be forgotten. But how are we going to get them now?”

The Jade Emperor was already ranting, “These treacherous martial tricksters, these Dark Celestials, these irresponsible parents, liars, heretics with no honors…”

Ch8 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 04-30-15 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks for a new update!

What will happen next? Did Lele really hoodwink her grandpa? Her character is not deceitful. Waiting for you to tell us. Thank you for another update.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    What will happen next? Did Lele really hoodwink her grandpa? Her character is not deceitful. Waiting for you to tell us. Thank you for another update.
    She really did try to hoodwink her grandpa but what she didn't know is that her grandpa, the Jade Emperor may have already guessed as much. Nothing that Lele do would actually escape him since he virtually watched her grown up. Since he was prepared to lend Yi Ping the Heavenly Relic, he was already prepared to lose the Heavenly Relic as well.

There are two reasons for his rantings:
    1) He was actually more relieved that she had transmigrated to the upper realm and was just ranting for the last time to his beloved child Lele who can't hear him. And this ranting was done in an amused manner since technically, he knows that by the time it was his turn to transmigrate he would have strong supporters in the upper realm.

2) To cover the loss of the Heavenly Relic from the others who didn't know better.

Thanks for another exciting episode Avidfan! While they were at the Celestial Palace, did they have time to do the Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri. rest. rest., then start over.... with all his maidens before going off on another dangerous adventure...

Thanks for another exciting episode Avidfan! While they were at the Celestial Palace, did they have time to do the Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri. rest. rest., then start over.... with all his maidens before going off on another dangerous adventure...
    I wonder too Avidfan can you give more romantic chapter

Looks he has no rest day. He also needs to work overtime 2x.

It just kind of feels as if this is an abridged version of a story... a summary perhaps... Also kind of like if your an American who travel to China and watch an American TV series or a movie and notice something strange... that the story had been hacked to death by censors for no apparent reason...

I wish Avidfan would spend a bit of time talking about the interaction between the characters...