Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

wallace IS just so suave though! he's just like one of those guys that everyone loves

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LiYuanZhi View Post
    ah, 且试天下 I've read the novel. It's okay, plot wise is quite good, but I couldn't help but feel that the main characters were waay too perfect. Seriously, the main girl is a princess, one of the top two in martial arts in the nation, is a brilliant strategist/general, is incredibly beautiful and has about four guys loving her. I mean, honestly.

But I digress. Don't know if you guys know (or care for that matter)... in a lot of the recent popular novels, whenever discussing suitable actors to play a character, Wallace's name more than often will pop up, and usually the majority of fans of the book approve (which is a really rare occurrence!) For a lot of fans of novels, Wallace is kind of their dream actor for their favourite characters, and I guess I was lucky enough for Wallace to end up playing Mu Rong Fong in his new TV series, "Too late to say I love you", which is based upon one of my favourite novels. How it actually happened I don't know, but all I can say is that I've been absolutely delighted.
    Oh, 且试天下 is a novel? I didn't realize that (since I'm sadly Chinese illiterate ). Would you be able to give a short summary of the novel? There are several MV's on 且试天下, most featuring Wallace Chung and Liu Shi Shi. I'm assuming that in the MV I posted of 且试天下, Wallace plays the lead male character and Liu Shi Shi plays the female lead character? So, do their characters have a happy ending in the novel? Wow, now I wish this novel is adapted into a series.

Smile

Yes, Wallace Chung is hot, suave, and so likable! I love him.

I found a very interesting MV, featuring Wallace Chung as Ouyang Feng. The clips in the MV are well-edited to fit in with the Ouyang Feng storyline. It reminds me of an old Leslie Cheung movie, Ashes of Time, that I saw about 1 year ago when I was in my "I love Leslie Cheung phase."
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...6268875&cid=30
    The MV is actually quite sad and touching. It really humanizes the villain Ouyang Feng. As mentioned by Ouyang Feng in the MV, "When you can no longer possess [the person you love], the only thing you can do is to make yourself never forget [her]." Very sad! It makes me realize that the cold and calculating Ouyang Feng was once simply a man who dearly loved a woman he could never have.

Such a handsome and suave guy...
    Thanks for the videos!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shibao View Post
    Such a handsome and suave guy...
    Thanks for the videos!!
    You're welcome, Shibao! Oh, Wallace is just soooo handsome! Staring at him just makes my heart flutter a bit.

More MV's on Wallace that I like:
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...1641461&cid=14
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...4580599&cid=22

wow mel, you have quite a collection of wallace mv's going on here! lol

Smile

Yes, I'm currently quite obsessed about finding all the Wallace Chung MV's online!

And here is one more, with Wallace Chung and Qiao Zhen Yu!
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...5578031&cid=30

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yes, I'm currently quite obsessed about finding all the Wallace Chung MV's online!

And here is one more, with Wallace Chung and Qiao Zhen Yu!
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...5578031&cid=30
    lol mel that video must've made your day!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lol mel that video must've made your day!
    Everything about Wallace Chung makes my day!

Anyway, I thought I loved his sexy bad boy character in Ni Shui Han, but after I skimmed through Patriotic Knights, I think I'm now in love with his strong, silent, and kind character! The guy is so hot in there! And he doesn't have to be a bad boy to be sexy! His intense, quiet gazes... His seriousness... His intelligence and kindness... The way he swings his sword around with such power, confidence, and capability when he battles the bad guys... AHHHHH! I'm in love! I wonder if Wallace Chung gets a mob of girls surrounding him when he goes out. I wonder where he lives... Okay, wait! I sound like a stalker. Never mind about wondering where he lives. It's none of my business.

More MV's of Wallace Chung in Patriotic Knights:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/rI67vkA65a8/
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/izoeQJLgUQA/
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/SARk9j0m7Qc/
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Bb2R3hHA4wQ/

A double dose of Wallace Chung, in Ni Shui Han and in Patriotic Knights!
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/cVHqkesHpmE/

hm...ive never watched patriotic knights before. what is it about? and is wallace a prominent character?

Smile

hm...ive never watched patriotic knights before. what is it about? and is wallace a prominent character?
    I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I haven't watched the entire Patriotic Knights series from beginning to end, so I have no clue what the storyline is about. I'm guilty of just fast-fowarding to the Wallace Chung parts. However, the fighting is decent, and I have read reviews saying that the series is actually very good. I started off watching the series, episode by episode, but then I became impatient because Wallace Chung is the second male lead and simply does not get enough screen time. (If you read reviews about the series, Wallace Chung's minimal screen time is a common complaint.) Therefore, I started scanning for scenes in which he appears in. Besides, I find the first male lead not as handsome, and I feel that he and the female lead have no chemistry. I prefer watching Wallace Chung and He Mei Tian. I think Mei Tian's playful, sweet character is absolutely adorable with Wallace's more serious, mature character. Plus, she is so petite and cute standing next to his tall frame. You should watch the series, or fast-forward to all the Wallace Chung parts, at least!

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I haven't watched the entire Patriotic Knights series from beginning to end, so I have no clue what the storyline is about. I'm guilty of just fast-fowarding to the Wallace Chung parts. However, the fighting is decent, and I have read reviews saying that the series is actually very good. I started off watching the series, episode by episode, but then I became impatient because Wallace Chung is the second male lead and simply does not get enough screen time. (If you read reviews about the series, Wallace Chung's minimal screen time is a common complaint.) Therefore, I started scanning for scenes in which he appears in. Besides, I find the first male lead not as handsome, and I feel that he and the female lead have no chemistry. I prefer watching Wallace Chung and He Mei Tian. I think Mei Tian's playful, sweet character is absolutely adorable with Wallace's more serious, mature character. Plus, she is so petite and cute standing next to his tall frame. You should watch the series, or fast-forward to all the Wallace Chung parts, at least!
    yeah im pretty sure the reason i didnt watch it was because i didnt find the main guy attractive
    i think i just might look up some clips of wallace though and decide if i wanna watch or not

For those who want to watch Patriotic Knight for Wallace, and specifically want to watch Wallace with He Mei Tian, you will be disappointed.

Wallace's character was very likeable and interesting. But, he didn't have much screentime. Also, for 80% of the series, he was in love with the main female while He Mei Tian was in love with the main guy. Their romance was not very developed and kinda abrupt.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-23-10 at 12:54 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    For those who want to watch Patriotic Knight for Wallace, and specifically want to watch Wallace with He Mei Tian, you will be disappointed.

Wallace's character was very likeable and interesting. But, he doesn't have much screentime. Also, for 80% of the series, he was in love with the main female while He Men Tian was in love with the main guy. Their romance is not very developed and kinda abrupt.
    ChineseChik525 - I agree with kidd on this one. Wallace's lack of screen time and his undeveloped relationship with He Mei Tian were the main reasons why I became impatient and only skimmed through the series. I almost thought that Wallace and Mei Tien's characters fell in love with each other because the main leads didn't want them, and so they sort of turned to each other. And, like kidd said, their romance kind of came out of nowhere. They actually made a cute couple, and I found it a shame that the storyline never expounded on their romance. Wallace's character is very quiet, intelligent, and kind. But he was far from boring. The plot really should have focused more on him rather than on the lackluster storyline of the female and male leads. Of course, I am speaking from the perspective of a Wallace Chung fan. I did read some good reviews of Patriotic Knights, so the series is still worth a try if you aren't going to be too disappointed with the next to nothing Wallace Chung screen time. Or, ChineseChik525, you could just do what I did - fast-forward through the series for the Wallace Chung parts. Although he's not the lead, he's still the highlight of the series for me.

ChineseChik525, I think the male lead is the same guy who played Wu Lang in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan. He looked much better in Young Warriors, and even then, I still preferred his love rival in that series, played by Yuan Hong.

ChineseChik525 - I agree with kidd on this one. Wallace's lack of screen time and his undeveloped relationship with He Mei Tian were the main reasons why I became impatient and only skimmed through the series. I almost thought that Wallace and Mei Tien's characters fell in love with each other because the main leads didn't want them, and so they sort of turned to each other. And, like kidd said, their romance kind of came out of nowhere. They actually made a cute couple, and I found it a shame that the storyline never expounded on their romance. Wallace's character is very quiet, intelligent, and kind. But he was far from boring. The plot really should have focused more on him rather than on the lackluster storyline of the female and male leads. Of course, I am speaking from the perspective of a Wallace Chung fan. I did read some good reviews of Patriotic Knights, so the series is still worth a try if you aren't going to be too disappointed with the next to nothing Wallace Chung screen time. Or, ChineseChik525, you could just do what I did - fast-forward through the series for the Wallace Chung parts. Although he's not the lead, he's still the highlight of the series for me.

ChineseChik525, I think the male lead is the same guy who played Wu Lang in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan. He looked much better in Young Warriors, and even then, I still preferred his love rival in that series, played by Yuan Hong.
    yeah i looked up the series and saw that the main lead was the guy that played wu lang. honestly, he's okay looking, but i never found him that attractive in the first place. and of course we would prefer ye lu xie over him! lol

Smile

yeah i looked up the series and saw that the main lead was the guy that played wu lang. honestly, he's okay looking, but i never found him that attractive in the first place. and of course we would prefer ye lu xie over him! lol
    Yea...I agree... I wonder why Wallace Chung, as hot as he is, is only second lead rather than the main lead...

Yea...I agree... I wonder why Wallace Chung, as hot as he is, is only second lead rather than the main lead...
    lol i was thinking that too! like, what kind of stupid director/producer/casting agent would want the guy that plays wu lang as main lead over wallace??

Smile

lol i was thinking that too! like, what kind of stupid director/producer/casting agent would want the guy that plays wu lang as main lead over wallace??
    Maybe the other guy was more popular (or had better connections) back when Patriotic Knights was filmed? It's just that...sheesh! Wallace is so hot! How come the director didn't take note of that and cast him as the lead!? I would absolutely sit through the entire series if Wallace were the lead! However, if he were the lead, I would prefer a different female lead for him. I sort of thought the actress who played the lead female character in Patriotic Knights was too mature-looking for Wallace. In fact, she looked too mature for guy who played Wu Lang, too.

Maybe the other guy was more popular (or had better connections) back when Patriotic Knights was filmed? It's just that...sheesh! Wallace is so hot! How come the director didn't take note of that and cast him as the lead!? I would absolutely sit through the entire series if Wallace were the lead! However, if he were the lead, I would prefer a different female lead for him. I sort of thought the actress who played the lead female character in Patriotic Knights was too mature-looking for Wallace. In fact, she looked too mature for guy who played Wu Lang, too.
    hahahah i know! i usually watch series for the guys anyway i would watch if wallace was the lead