Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

Quote Originally Posted by LiYuanZhi View Post
    Thank you! I'm going to head over to the Mainland section to open a new thread right now.

And yes, Yu Sui (sorry I wrote it as Ju Sui, typo), is about MuRong Feng and Cheng Jin Zhi's son. He's actually their third child. I think MRF and CJZ end up having four children? Two daughters and an elder son. The elder son (Mu Rong Qing Yu) had a pretty tragic story too. He fell in love with a commoner girl, whom his mother subsequently killed. He soon afterwards died in a plane accident (he was a pilot in the army). This was because he made a vow to the girl: 我可以发誓,假若我不是当真喜欢你,就叫我从天上摔下来,摔得粉身碎骨.
    The short story is called 曾是惊鸿照影来.

Anyway, so Yu Sui is about the third son (Mu Rong Qing Feng), who believe or not, is even worse than his father. He falls in love and then marries a poor girl. He misunderstands that she doesn't love him, so he starts ignoring her and having an affair... But really she's just a very insecure and shy person, and whilst hurt by his actions, won't speak up about it. So he goes on to think that she doesn't even care, so he act's worse, and then she feels even more hopeless... and so on and so on. He's too proud to say or do anything and she has too much of an inferiority complex. It's basically a story about two people who are in love with each other, but because of their personalities are unable to communicate so continue to misunderstand each other, culminating in a very tragic ending. It's a pretty damn frustrating story to read.

Sorry I'm rambling in Wallace's thread. To make up for it, I shall add in a bit more Wallace news.

WALLACE HAS NOW OPENED A WEI-BO!!! (Wei bo= asian version of twitter). I think this is to promote his new album.
    Thanks for posting up the link. I saw bits and pieces of it. Wallace and Li Xiao Ran emoted really well. Think I'd wait for the DVD to come out and watch it in full. Gosh, resolution is so good in the link! Seemed quite a perfect production from a few angles.

Thanks for telling us the story on Yu Sui. I read the synopsis and felt it wasn't as good as Bi Zhou Chen, so I didn't read it. The only thing I know is that the leads met at the horse stable and the girl (Susu?) seemed very gentle. She doesn't have the spirit like Jingwan, so I ended up not reading.

Heh, you seemed to have read a lot of romantic stories by Chinese authors. I saw the other two adaptations Ru Meng Jia Qi and Summer Bubble, but decided not to watch them because Too Late to Say I Love You beats both shows hands down and also coz of Wallace and Xiao Ran.

Wow, Lady Zhuge you're so formidable! You always have time for everyone and also always up to date with the shows. Very admirable =) The comment by Xiao Hai Ge Ge about not finding a girlfriend with his bald head was so funny. He's really a down-to-earth guy.

I'd definitely go post over at the Mainland thread soon.

Yu Sui definitely didn't appeal to me as much as Bi Zhou Chen, mainly because as you said, the leading female was just so weak.

"Jia Qi Ru Meng" is definitely worth a read however. At first it seems like a cliche modern day Cinderella story, but you come to love all the characters, because they're all just so good and kind, and its so tragic tragic TRAGIC. But oh my god the tv series just completely ruined it. The actors were terrible, but more importantly, they completely butchered the storyline.

Yeah, I will admit, I do read a lot of chinese romance stories.

And I agree with you, Lady ZhuGe is always up to scratch with all these entertainment news. Plus she has awesome taste in actors and tv series.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

"Jia Qi Ru Meng" is definitely worth a read however. At first it seems like a cliche modern day Cinderella story, but you come to love all the characters, because they're all just so good and kind, and its so tragic tragic TRAGIC. But oh my god the tv series just completely ruined it. The actors were terrible, but more importantly, they completely butchered the storyline.

Yeah, I will admit, I do read a lot of chinese romance stories.

And I agree with you, Lady ZhuGe is always up to scratch with all these entertainment news. Plus she has awesome taste in actors and tv series.
    I don't intend to read 'Jia Qi Ru Meng' in the short future, but perhaps would check it out since you said the story is lovable. I'm just into bi Zhou Chen right now, I don't want to be distracted. And I have to do some checking out with animes- an unfamiliar arena.

Heh, Lady Zhuge is awesome. Always good to see her around and she makes people laugh.

I'm going over to post at Mainland thread now.

Well, "Jia Qi Ru Meng" is a novel by the same author as "Bi Zhou Chen", so you're guaranteed quality there. But of course I understand that when you like something, you can't focus on other things. My current obsession/guilty pleasure is The Vampire Diaries.

Lady Zhuge, Nef and I are giving you so many complements, I feel like you should pop out and say something.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Well, "Jia Qi Ru Meng" is a novel by the same author as "Bi Zhou Chen", so you're guaranteed quality there. But of course I understand that when you like something, you can't focus on other things. My current obsession/guilty pleasure is The Vampire Diaries.

Lady Zhuge, Nef and I are giving you so many complements, I feel like you should pop out and say something.
    Is that the series by L.J Smith? I read the trilogy more than ten years ago. Found it really romantic. I like the book more than the adapted screen version. Sometimes I mixed this up with Vampire Chronicles.

I just hope they'd make another version of 'Jia Qi Ru Meng' with better actors. I went to Fei Wo Si Cun's website and saw the pictures. It's not really that bad from the pictures, but I heard the acting was terrible. With Summer Bubble, I just feel the quality isn't as good as BZC and I don't like the self-dubbing in there.

What are the feelings that rush over you after you finish watching Too Late to Say I Love You? I just feel like crying looking at the pictures, knowing what was to come. Is it such a tragedy after finishing the show or do you feel it was worthwhile after all?

Yes! They are the LJ Smith Novels. I also read them years ago. I find the TV series very different to the books. I actually prefer it to the novel, because whilst I prefer Vampire Diaries infinitely to Twilight, the books are still pretty shallow and I feel that the characters on the TV are more multi-dimensional. For one thing, Elena is definitely less of a ***** than she was in the books.

My feelings towards the TLTSILY?

I was actually really happy. Compared to the ending in the novel, the series kind of ends with a nice feeling. I mean, sure there is still a bittersweet tinge, but at least they can be together. I was actually dreading the ending because there's a part of me that loves tragedy that in some way feel that the novel ending, whilst heartbreaking, is more memorable. But in the end, I was just happy that they could, finally, after everything they'd been through, find each other again.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Yes! They are the LJ Smith Novels. I also read them years ago. I find the TV series very different to the books. I actually prefer it to the novel, because whilst I prefer Vampire Diaries infinitely to Twilight, the books are still pretty shallow and I feel that the characters on the TV are more multi-dimensional. For one thing, Elena is definitely less of a ***** than she was in the books.

My feelings towards the TLTSILY?

I was actually really happy. Compared to the ending in the novel, the series kind of ends with a nice feeling. I mean, sure there is still a bittersweet tinge, but at least they can be together. I was actually dreading the ending because there's a part of me that loves tragedy that in some way feel that the novel ending, whilst heartbreaking, is more memorable. But in the end, I was just happy that they could, finally, after everything they'd been through, find each other again.
    I can't remember the characters in the book, but I find the feelings of the vampiric brothers for the female lead quite touching and alive in a dark, romantic way. The series I find elaborated a lot on the characters and plot. I only watched a few episodes so far. It was very Americanised, but well-done. I like the book for its simplicity and the bit of ancient feel it gave. Not exactly gothic, but classical.

I like tragedies too, but not so tragic that everyone dies. Somehow I feel that there is no meaning in everybody dying just because the plot calls for it. I like how much plot they added into TLTSILY, giving the characters more dimension, reason and personality, esp the three supporting characters. Qi Fang was fantastic in her portrayal though I hate her spite. I like the intimate scenes btw husband and wife. Peilin and Jingwan look so cute together sometimes, almost a contradiction to Peilin's usual self. It's this tenderness in contrary to his ambitious character that makes all the girls fall over him. Wallace portrayed tenderness really well.

I love Xiaoran's Jingwan as well. Although some girls do not like her, I feel she's the only one who's got the 'da qi' kind of spirit to portray the role well. I like the part where she helped out as Red Cross to heal the injured soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    I like tragedies too, but not so tragic that everyone dies. Somehow I feel that there is no meaning in everybody dying just because the plot calls for it. I like how much plot they added into TLTSILY, giving the characters more dimension, reason and personality, esp the three supporting characters.
    I agree with you- tragedy for tragedy's sake is meaningless. I like it when stories are tragic because it is inevitable given the character's personalities.

Wallace promoting his new album in Taiwan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZXfEHpOuyc

I DON'T UNDERSTAND. HOW CAN HE LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME WAY HE DID FIFTEEN YEARS AGO?
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

I DON'T UNDERSTAND. HOW CAN HE LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME WAY HE DID FIFTEEN YEARS AGO?
    That's what most of us thought over the years. Wallace hardly seemed to age. Even Jimmy Lin had aged a little in his late 30s.

Wallace looked younger than Li Xiao Ran though he's a couple years older. Towards the end of TLTSILY, Jingwan was made to look her age (mid-30s), but Murong Feng looked like in his 20s though he's supposed to be 40 now. Perhaps amnesia tend to make a person look younger too?

LYZ, remember the story you told me about Murong Qing Yu? Did he 'commit suicide' while he was flying? I mean I didn't notice till now. He vowed he'd fall to pieces from the sky if he did not love the girl. Since he truly did love her, why would he die this way since it's his mother's fault the gal died. Did he blame himself for her death?

LOL. so true!

That's what most of us thought over the years. Wallace hardly seemed to age. Even Jimmy Lin had aged a little in his late 30s.

Wallace looked younger than Li Xiao Ran though he's a couple years older. Towards the end of TLTSILY, Jingwan was made to look her age (mid-30s), but Murong Feng looked like in his 20s though he's supposed to be 40 now. Perhaps amnesia tend to make a person look younger too?

LYZ, remember the story you told me about Murong Qing Yu? Did he 'commit suicide' while he was flying? I mean I didn't notice till now. He vowed he'd fall to pieces from the sky if he did not love the girl. Since he truly did love her, why would he die this way since it's his mother's fault the gal died. Did he blame himself for her death?
    I know, it looked like a jie-di romance. LXR looks a lot older than Wallace, not so much at the start when she was dressed and acting like a young girl, but towards the end after their separation.

I'm not sure why/how MRQY died. It was never made explicit in the story. It could have been intentional, or he may have been too emotionally turmoiled to fly properly, or it may simply have been an accident. It was very much the idea that his crash was in some way fated because of his oath.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Wow, I missed all the love in this thread. Some misdirected and so not deserved, but thanks anyway.

I bought Bu Ru Tiao Wu, Lai Bu Ji Shuo Wo Ai Ni, and Nei Xian when I was in Shanghai. I tried to find Shanghai Wang as well, but no luck. I hope to get started on watching at least one of these soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Smile

If anyone's interested, here's the link on youtube for Bu Ru Tiao Wu.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo.../0/Qggr9N_lHHE

And here's the link for Nei Xian.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo.../0/F3BGAaXN-sg

I'm going to discuss a bit of Bu Ru Tiao Wu, but it contains some spoilers, so if you don't want to know anything about the series, then please don't read.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I was really excited to find this series online. I was expecting Wallace Chung to be the main character. However, I was quite surprised (and not so pleasantly so) to discover that he was a secondary character. The main characters were an older gentleman and the younger female lead. Now, please don't misunderstand me. The older gentleman was fine and relatively entertaining, but I was really hoping to see more of Wallace Chung. Otherwise, the series was relatively fun. I was guilty of fast forwarding to all the Wallace parts only, though. He didn't appear until episode 7. He played a somewhat hot-tempered professional dancer who had abandoned his previous dance partner of 5 years (the young female lead) due to tension and repeated arguments on the dance floor. He had left her and had chosen another dance partner, therefore hurting and insulting her pride tremendously. Years later, he returned to look for his previous partner because his current partner was killed in an automobile accident. Only, he found out that she was still angry at him and convincing her to return to his side as his dance partner was not going to be easy. He also fell in love with her (or maybe he had always been in love with her but was selfish and thoughtless enough to abandon her anyway). In one particular scene, he thought she had started dating the older gentleman and followed her around to spy on her. Then, he proceeded to get himself drunk. If you don't watch anything at all in this series, at least watch these two episodes, because Wallace Chung is such a cute drunk!

http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...20/sBgmdp_78ZE
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...21/AjwA6--sEK0

Yup, that's why he will always be my ideal Yang Guo. Re the fantasy MV of Wallace as YG and LYF as XLN.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yup, that's why he will always be my ideal Yang Guo. Re the fantasy MV of Wallace as YG and LYF as XLN.
    I do love that MV! Wallace and LYF as a couple is very very nice on the eyes.

Exams are over and I'm flying off to Shanghai today! WOOT! Then I'm off to Beijing for a month. I've heard that Wallace has a house over there. What do you reckon the chances of me running into him are?
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

I do love that MV! Wallace and LYF as a couple is very very nice on the eyes.
    oooh sounds interesting! i would like to see. link please?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oooh sounds interesting! i would like to see. link please?
    You saw it before and commented on it. Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOsya8urHA

Another one of my ideal couples: Wallace Chung and Ruby Lin!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8634/rubywallace.jpg')

If only this was a real date But this was for a car event.

You saw it before and commented on it. Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOsya8urHA
    ...i did? lol i dont remember at all! thanks anyway.
    and since i apparently commented on it before, i mustve said that wallace looks much more appropriate as both the young and old YG.

Another one of my ideal couples: Wallace Chung and Ruby Lin!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8634/rubywallace.jpg')

If only this was a real date But this was for a car event.
    they're cute together too. they were in a movie together! it was called like blue rose (lan mei gui, 蓝玫瑰) or something like that.

Smile

Wallace Chung looks cute with any girl. In that interview that LYZ posted of Wallace in Taiwan promoting his new album, I believe Wallace talked about his girlfriend. I wonder who she is. She doesn't sound like someone in the entertainment industry. I don't know how any girl can stand being Wallace Chung's girlfriend. He's steaming hot and seems like such a nice guy, but wouldn't she be uncomfortable and incredibly jealous with so many women around the world drooling over her guy? Either she's extremely confident about his love for her, or maybe she's absolutely gorgeous, too. But even gorgeous women lose their men to other women who might be just as attractive physically and personality-wise.

Oh, I found some very nice MV's of Wallace Chung!
    Wallace Chung and Song Jia in some Ching dynasty series...
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/9VBBmj3ZZMM/

Wallace Chung and Song Jia in Ni Shui Han
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/LDWt_VlCRb4/

Wallace Chung and Li Xiao Ran in Too Late To Say I Love You
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/64fdYYbhaVM/
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1Sru6P2jn0Q/