Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: When Heaven Burns 《天與地》

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    I think he was crying mainly for chloris, wondering what he has done to her for his selfish motive. Remember how he used her to stop the workers from riot? I thought that he would have totally become a evil person who had no qualms but him crying shows that he still have some hesitation regarding his actions.
    I agree. He's crying for Cloris. His conscience is not totally lost yet.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Watching episode 28. Angus's trick is still so dirty (the trick he pulled on Frankie). I feel sorry for Emma. Everyone just want to take advantage from her from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Liked the part where Ronnie spooked Drummer and Angus in the restaurant, the scene before they were fighting over him like hungry tigers, then he turned the table around.
    Yes, I like this scene too. Even knowing what he has done 18 years ago, Ronnie is still my favourite character of the 3. But, I have to say the one who attracts me more is the adult Ronnie. Young Ronnie less so. Maybe partly is because of Kenny's portrayal. I don't know. Or maybe, adult Ronnie's character is more flesh out. I like that adult Ronnie is still very honorable and righteous and care for friendship. Both Drummer and Angus have buried their conscience at one time or another, but, Ronnie hasn't.
    Kelvin still reminds me of Sammul. Maybe it's his eyes. His eyes look like Sammul's eyes.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-02-12 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Kelvin still reminds me of Sammul. Maybe it's his eyes. His eyes look like Sammul's eyes.
    Maybe Kelvin new nickname is the plump version of Sammul.

When they filmed WHB, Kelvin said he want to lose weight (remember the boys topless scene, LOL Kelvin feel embarassed actually). But they keep teasing him that he failed to lose weight until today.

The real young Yan, Hak Zai, Ronnie & Drummer

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/70e120a9tw1doo0pacjnpj.jpg')

Kenny one should find a younger picture. Still look the same as now.

I'll watch the interviews of the cast after I watch the ending.

I love the scene of the 3 thinking up lyrics for the song Kar Ming composed and then wrote the lyrics on the wall. The part of the lyrics that Drummer thought up was what he has been doing for 16 years. This scene is meaning. The 4 each contribute to the song to make it whole. But, the ending of this scene is sad.

Btw, what is Yan's role in the band. Like manager? Helping the band get shows and stuff?
    Last edited by kidd; 01-02-12 at 03:46 AM.

I love the scene of the 3 thinking up lyrics for the song Kar Ming composed and then wrote the lyrics on the wall. The part of the lyrics that Drummer thought up was what he has been doing for 16 years. This scene is meaning. The 4 each contribute to the song to make it whole. But, the ending of this scene is sad.

Btw, what is Yan's role in the band. Like manager? Helping the band get shows and stuff?
    Yes, Yan was like the manager. She manage the schedule for the band to perform at Pop Up, auditions with producers and also take care of the band room.

Cartoonist http://www.weibo.com/dindong depicting the anticipation for ending:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/5eb12151gw1don9erynr5j.jpg')

Radio interview with Sober Band
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay8_BK4NAYI

Regarding the ending:

The band:
    click to show/hide spoilers
    The story really could ended up very ugly with brutal violence of Angus vs Joe, but I am glad it didn't. Each friend managed to find the peace and joy of their innocent younger selves and were able to connect with who they really were deep inside and unaffected by their environment. Joe redeemed himself by repenting, cancelling the hit on Angus and sacrificing his life for the kid. Angus redeemed himself by warning Emma and leaving the scam to defraud her. Ronnie redeemed himself by confessing earlier on and Yan managed to free herself by facing reality and forgiving the guys.

However, everyone suffered karma in their own way. Joe died and Ronnie gradually became blinded, and Angus became lonely.

Joe & Gina:
    I cried heaps when Joe last action was to take out the present for Gina. I think he did love her all along but clouded by selfishness and ambition, he never really showed his care towards her. Gina finally found out and it was quite heartbreaking when she found that the kid was called Ka Ming and realised that it was probabaly karma for Joe eating Ka Ming. I am surprised at how much Ivan cares when he yells at the dying Joe to not die yet as he still owes Gina a lot. I cried bucketloads in the alternate ending where Gina fell ill to SARS and Joe accompanied her still.

Yan & Bowman:
    I think Bowman did start with Paula again but remained good friends with Yan. He still is very concerned about Yan and wanting to take her to the airport which makes me think - is Bowman and Paula really going to last or will he run back to Yan when he has the chance? I think Yan leaving the country will give Bowman some time to appreciate Paula without distraction. However, I don't think Bowman can ever leave Yan alone but Yan is able to drop Bowman and treat him as a friend. I really did hope that they will get back together.

I really loved the alternate version of events if Yan chose a different path in her decision. It is a bit like "Sliding Doors", in how every little thing will affect everyone in the future in a different way yet you might end up the same amount of sadness or happiness. You can only yearn about what your past wrongs but you are helpless to change the future and you can only choose to bravely face what lives offers ahead.

In seeing the old airport segment, it was apparent why China wanted it banned. The messages brought through by Yan are so clearly opposed to how the Chinese government wants their citizens to think and act. Sam is so funny in his anger.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Watching the rock feast scene now. Brilliant and so uplifting. I want to buy this series for keep. The last 2 episode already worth it.

The 3 guys and Yan finally find back themselves, their young selves that are full of dreams. I especially like the part where Drummer smiled at his old self.

Ben and Jessica
    It's so sad that the person Jessica loves is not Ben. Ben is the only who is willing to play a song to her for her. Angus only play for Yan.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-02-12 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Regarding the ending:

The band:
    The story really could ended up very ugly with brutal violence of Angus vs Joe, but I am glad it didn't. Each friend managed to find the peace and joy of their innocent younger selves and were able to connect with who they really were deep inside and unaffected by their environment. Joe redeemed himself by repenting, cancelling the hit on Angus and sacrificing his life for the kid. Angus redeemed himself by warning Emma and leaving the scam to defraud her. Ronnie redeemed himself by confessing earlier on and Yan managed to free herself by facing reality and forgiving the guys.
    Joe dies a good man. Can consider a good ending for him?

Joe & Gina:
    I cried heaps when Joe last action was to take out the present for Gina. I think he did love her all along but clouded by selfishness and ambition, he never really showed his care towards her. Gina finally found out and it was quite heartbreaking when she found that the kid was called Ka Ming and realised that it was probabaly karma for Joe eating Ka Ming. I am surprised at how much Ivan cares when he yells at the dying Joe to not die yet as he still owes Gina a lot. I cried bucketloads in the alternate ending where Gina fell ill to SARS and Joe accompanied her still.
    I see it as paying back to Ka Ming instead of repercussion. He suggested eating Ka Ming, causing Ronnie to kill Ka Ming for self-preservation. And here, he died saving Ka Ming. He caused KM to died 18 years ago and he prevented little KM from losing his life now.

I really loved the alternate version of events if Yan chose a different path in her decision. It is a bit like "Sliding Doors", in how every little thing will affect everyone in the future in a different way yet you might end up the same amount of sadness or happiness. You can only yearn about what your past wrongs but you are helpless to change the future and you can only choose to bravely face what lives offers ahead.
    I love the alternate version of events too. How good is it if Yan has made a different decision that fateful day.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-02-12 at 09:31 PM.

When Heaven Burns' collection of golden quotes.

Last edited by kidd; 01-02-12 at 04:19 PM.

RTHK Talk Show 'Sik Si Fung' about WHB.

http://programme.rthk.hk/channel/rad...4345&m=episode

Just found out that Bowie has been playing drums since he's a teenager. So, he already know how to play, not specifically learn for the show. I read Kenny's interview. He said he has played band before. Moses not sure. Some in golden forum said he already know how to play before. Some said he learn for the series.

I think a lot of actors their age will know how to play instrument since playing band is the the trend and the 'in' thing during their youth time. Just like my dad has learned martial art before because it was one of the youth activities at his young days and many people joined martial school.

林保怡(Bowie Lam,1965年9月4日-),籍貫廣東海豐縣,前香港無綫電視藝員,無線當家小生,亦有為電視劇唱主題 曲。

林保怡加入娛樂圈以前,曾經為消防員,後因覺得消防工作沉悶,轉為投考加入警隊,成為警員,服 務4年[1]。另外,13歲開始參與樂隊,15歲左右為半職業鼓手,18歲成為一位歌手的鼓手[1]。由於有音樂的底子,在消防員和警員的工作之後,曾任唱片公司的製作統籌,1987年得到葉德嫻賞識其歌唱 才華介紹入行[2]。1990年代起加入於無綫電視成為演員。林保怡已於2011年離開無綫電視,回復自由身。但亦會間接為無 綫電視工作,無意轉投其他電視台發展。
    Translation of bolded line:
    Besides that, he started playing amateur band at the age of 13, at around 15, be became a semi-professional drummer. At 18, he became a drummer for a singer.

Update: Listening to the Sober interview. Moses has also played band before, but, he said he play 'kam'. I guess it's the keyboard. I've seen Moses played the piano in a youtube clip, but, piano and band doesn't match.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-03-12 at 04:18 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6a7e6207gw1doopo17y5vj.jpg')

In the alternate/parallel universe ending, their characterism are closer to their younger selves.

Drummer became a salaryman, having to still work hard when he is in middle age, no interest in society welfare, but stuck through thick and thin with Gina.

Ronnie took medical check up regularly and realized he is going blind, he worked hard and became very rich in 90's but then lost it to economic crisis, he still have a loving family.

Angus, oh Angus. He still loves music and became a teacher at music store. Still a big fail in dating, doesn't know how to pay attention to girlfriend causing him to be dumped.

Angel and Ka Ming is poor but happy. They became an indie rock band.... hahaha totally didn't see it coming (white haired Ka Ming).

I agree that Yan & her assistant Rico speech at the airport is very inspiring... possibly another reason Mainland China want to ban it.

Harmony... is not 100 people sharing the same opinion. Harmony is when 100 people have 100 different opinions, but still respect each other. Therefore, do not fear us!

Lol at Rico going on air live despite Sam banging the door for him to stop. Saying the banging sound represent the oppression from higher authority

p.s better than the 1Malaysia crap I've been hearing everyday.
    Last edited by sehseh; 01-02-12 at 09:41 PM.

In the alternate/parallel universe ending, their characterism are closer to their younger selves.

Drummer became a salaryman, having to still work hard when he is in middle age, no interest in society welfare, but stuck through thick and thin with Gina.

Ronnie took medical check up regularly and realized he is going blind, he worked hard and became very rich in 90's but then lost it to economic crisis, he still have a loving family.

Angus, oh Angus. He still loves music and became a teacher at music store. Still a big fail in dating, doesn't know how to pay attention to girlfriend causing him to be dumped.

Angel and Ka Ming is poor but happy. They became an indie rock band.... hahaha totally didn't see it coming (white haired Ka Ming).
    I was looking forward to see who play adult Ka Ming. Ends up, still Stanley Cheung. Someone in jaynestar said it's unrealistic Yan still has the same hairstyle. What's wrong with that? She's a hippie girl who stuck with the same music dream for 2 decades. So, remaining with this young hairstyle is acceptable. Ka Ming already grey hair still dress like a youngster.

One thing I'm a bit confused. In the alternate ending, Gina didn't abort the baby. So, does this mean Drummer and Gina only decided to abort the baby after the band decided to go to Tianshan?

Btw, did you notice Emma married Calvin in the alternate ending, the lawyer she found boring in the true timeline?

p.s better than the 1Malaysia crap I've been hearing everyday.
    The only 1Malaysia activity that I have seen so far is the opening of the 1Malaysia Supermart.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-02-12 at 09:46 PM.

I was looking forward to see who play adult Ka Ming. Ends up, still Stanley Cheung. Someone in jaynestar said it's unrealistic Yan still has the same hairstyle. What's wrong with that? She's a hippie girl who stuck with the same music dream for 2 decades. So, remaining with this young hairstyle is acceptable. Ka Ming already grey hair still dress like a youngster.

One thing I'm a bit confused. In the alternate ending, Gina didn't abort the baby. So, does this mean Drummer and Gina only decided to abort the baby after the band decided to go to Tianshan?

Btw, did you notice Emma married Calvin in the alternate ending, the lawyer she found boring in the true timeline?

The only 1Malaysia activity that I have seen so far is the opening of the 1Malaysia Supermart.
    No, Gina did abort the baby, it happened before the band broke up. Most likely, Gina became pregnant again and they went on to have 2 kids. They cut out the scene where the gang reunited in a restaurant with Drummer family. Ka Ming have short hair in the scene. Also where young Shirley appeared. I think it was filmed, but producer changed his mind about the ending and removed those parts.

Yeah, saw Emma and Calvin. I was hoping to see Ho Sir appearing somewhere in the alternate reality version... as Ka Ming fans... lol

Honorable mentions of WHB and cast at Chik Chak Music Award

Paul Wong is the sifu of Hak Zai, Ka Ming, Gu Lou & Ronnie

Lam Hoi Fung 'singing' WHB?
    Last edited by sehseh; 01-02-12 at 10:28 PM.

Anyone understand the significant of the dog scene at the end?

Btw, a funny comment in golden forum in reply to the question 'who of the supporting actors do you think acted the best?'

*****Spoiler starts*****

隻狗望住鼓佬死果陣個眼神完完全全表達出佢當時既心情

*****Spoiler ends*****
    Last edited by kidd; 01-03-12 at 01:57 AM.

Anyone understand the significant of the dog scene at the end?
    The dog signifies Drummer conscience

http://www.ihktv.com/dismantling-hea...h-outcome.html

Lol... yes I read that too abt the dog flawless performance...

Thanks sehseh for the answer.

When I was watching the series half-way, I was wondering where has Georgie gone to. Why he disappear suddenly. Then, I realised it was because Chan Hung Lit has passed away. I wonder how the story of Georgie goes in the original script. This is something we will never know unless someone ask the scriptwriter. Why no reporter thought of asking?

Congrats to Sober Band! Won Best TV Song award at Sina Music Award

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/507f8f2fjw1dopkrxelflj.jpg')

Last edited by sehseh; 01-03-12 at 12:30 PM.