Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOVE O2O 《微微一笑很倾城》 Zheng Shuang, Yang Yang, Mao Xiao Tong, Bai Yu

Though there is no one here beside me posting, I am glad I started this thread. The series has come to an end, and what a wonderful feeling this gave me. It's a cute angst-free-drama about friendship, relationship, and the bonds that people make in life. The story, music, actors/actress are all great. The pacing is quick, despite it having 30 episodes, each episode goes by in a flash. While as a whole there's not much to the story, it is very light and easy. It's basically my favorite C-drama of 2016.

I'm sad to see it end. But I'm happy I spent time with it.

Xiao Nai and Wei Wei forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Though there is no one here beside me posting, I am glad I started this thread. The series has come to an end, and what a wonderful feeling this gave me. It's a cute angst-free-drama about friendship, relationship, and the bonds that people make in life. The story, music, actors/actress are all great. The pacing is quick, despite it having 30 episodes, each episode goes by in a flash. While as a whole there's not much to the story, it is very light and easy. It's basically my favorite C-drama of 2016.

I'm sad to see it end. But I'm happy I spent time with it.

Xiao Nai and Wei Wei forever.
    Considering this is practically a hit, it's ironic that the thread is quiet. But it shouldn't be too surprising. I think the majority of SPCnet posters in Mainland threads tend to prefer historical/wuxia/xianxia themes, rather than modern dramas.

I'm enjoying this a lot too, though my preference also lies on the historical ones. Modern Cdramas very rarely draw me in, but among a few that do, all of them are based on Gu Man's novels (including this one ).

Hi, I was wondering is there alot of ep or times there in game world? I'm huge gamer and with popularity of mmo, sword art online, dot hack series, would you recommend this series?

Is it similar to sword heroes fate with nice tse and charlene?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Hi, I was wondering is there alot of ep or times there in game world? I'm huge gamer and with popularity of mmo, sword art online, dot hack series, would you recommend this series?

Is it similar to sword heroes fate with nice tse and charlene?
    30 ep total. The game world aspect takes up probably 20-30 percent or so of the series.

While it is game related and the game scenes are done very well, I wouldn't recommend this if you expect action. There are some actions in the game world but they are far and few.

It's just an innocent, lovey dovey, fast pace drama. Light in plot, high in cuteness.

Never seen sword heroes fate, so I don't know.

I say maybe give this an ep or two a try. See if you like it or not.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 09-09-16 at 06:58 PM.

I watched the 1st episode out of curiousity, since everyone have been saying how good it is.A modern chinese drama is not my cup of tea, actually. Aaaand, the 1st episode looked interesting. It reminded me of my university years, since I took Computer Science as well . I'm not a gamer, though .. *I played once in our campur server, then didn't get any rank - lol* .. but I did spend a lot of time in front of the computer coding and working on my assignments, so this brought back memories . I guess I'll just continue watching this and see whether I'm gonna still be hooked or not

Anyway, just realized that Zheng Shuang's friend is Guo Fu 2014. She's adorable here

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    I watched the 1st episode out of curiousity, since everyone have been saying how good it is.A modern chinese drama is not my cup of tea, actually. Aaaand, the 1st episode looked interesting. It reminded me of my university years, since I took Computer Science as well . I'm not a gamer, though .. *I played once in our campur server, then didn't get any rank - lol* .. but I did spend a lot of time in front of the computer coding and working on my assignments, so this brought back memories . I guess I'll just continue watching this and see whether I'm gonna still be hooked or not

Anyway, just realized that Zheng Shuang's friend is Guo Fu 2014. She's adorable here
    Interesting, so this is basically an exaggeration of your life.

But yes, Mao Xiao Tong is cute in here. Her in-game avatar is even cuter.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 09-09-16 at 08:57 PM.

Interesting, so this is basically an exaggeration of your life.

But yes, Mao Xiao Tong is cute in here. Her in-game avatar is even cuter.
    No, not really! *LOL* . Me and my friends were the ordinary ones, the one who was lazy and didn't like to study. We used to run away to the cafetaria, while the geniuses ones were studying or playing games . Then again, when we were in our labs, then we talked through the computer. We even asked to go to lunch by chatting, even though we sat nearby *LOL*. It was like that too in Love O2O series, hahaha ..

And Xiao Nai and his friends were just like my male friends in College. They already had projects and were subcontracted by companies since they were still studying. I haven't thought about them since a long time, and now I kinda miss them

Anyway, I'm on epi 5 now .. I can't believe this, because I only planned to watch 2 episodes today *LOL*. Okay, I gotta stop
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 09-09-16 at 11:15 PM.

No, not really! *LOL* . Me and my friends were the ordinary ones, the one who was lazy and didn't like to study. We used to run away to the cafetaria, while the geniuses ones were studying or playing games . Then again, when we were in our labs, then we talked through the computer. We even asked to go to lunch by chatting, even though we sat nearby *LOL*. It was like that too in Love O2O series, hahaha ..

And Xiao Nai and his friends were just like my male friends in College. They already had projects and were subcontracted by companies since they were still studying. I haven't thought about them since a long time, and now I kinda miss them

Anyway, I'm on epi 5 now .. I can't believe this, because I only planned to watch 2 episodes today *LOL*. Okay, I gotta stop
    You start by saying "not really" but goes to explain how it's pretty much close enough. lol

And you're already up to ep 5? That's fast. Well, glad you got this far. It's an easy going series. I love Wei Wei and Xiao Nai, they're just so awesome. I wish I could be as cool as him. I also love how their in-game story plays out like Wuxia plot.

You start by saying "not really" but goes to explain how it's pretty much close enough. lol

And you're already up to ep 5? That's fast. Well, glad you got this far. It's an easy going series. I love Wei Wei and Xiao Nai, they're just so awesome. I wish I could be as cool as him. I also love how their in-game story plays out like Wuxia plot.
    *LOL*

Well, when I posted in the forum, I was watching epi 2. Then I skipped those scenes with the annoying girl and her allies. And, because this is a simple drama, then I'm also guessing that the boy with the glasses (the one who uploaded Wei Wei's picture) would be paired with Ma Xiao Tong's character (they will, right ? Nope .. don't spill it for me ), so I skipped the predictable scenes sometimes. Still, I think they have a great chemistry, even though they still haven't had a scene together.

Anyway, love the game graphics. They were cool. I especially love the fight between Xiao Nai and that annoying guy. Those were pretty moves. I wish I could watch Yang Yang again in a real wuxia next time, the one with real fights and real wuxia/xanxia story that is.

I couldn't really get into this show because the leads were too "perfect" or rather that nothing went wrong for them. The dude Xiao Nai is quite aloof except when he obviously chases the girl. The girl, played by Zheng Shuang...I actually think Mao Xiao Tong is cuter than her. ZS slouches too much and is wayyyy too skinny. I can see her as a campus beauty... but not the femme fatale that ppl tend to describe her as (good figure, big chest) I really liked her in the other show with Yan Kuan, but she seems awkward and stiff here.

I think it's a pretty light hearted fluffy show...and that's not bad at all. But when things run so smoothly for characters in a show, I prefer it not to be purely a romance genre. I couldn't help but think to myself, "was this story written by a young girl?"

iunno. just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I couldn't really get into this show because the leads were too "perfect" or rather that nothing went wrong for them. The dude Xiao Nai is quite aloof except when he obviously chases the girl. The girl, played by Zheng Shuang...I actually think Mao Xiao Tong is cuter than her. ZS slouches too much and is wayyyy too skinny. I can see her as a campus beauty... but not the femme fatale that ppl tend to describe her as (good figure, big chest) I really liked her in the other show with Yan Kuan, but she seems awkward and stiff here.

I think it's a pretty light hearted fluffy show...and that's not bad at all. But when things run so smoothly for characters in a show, I prefer it not to be purely a romance genre. I couldn't help but think to myself, "was this story written by a young girl?"

iunno. just my thoughts.
    It's a legitimate complain.

I went in expecting the fluff and free-flowing slice of life stuff, with little conflict, or struggle for the leads. This is by the same author who wrote Boss & Me. Another fluff, happy lucky cheerful drama. I think it works best as a show to relax to. It's candy, sweet, that's it.

There's not much substance to it. But fans of this author gets to have it stress-free.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 09-11-16 at 03:28 AM.

I also felt that Xiao Nai was too perfect and ZS was too skinny. Then again, I didn't find the story to be boring. There are a lot of interesting interaction, and .. dunno, maybe because I, more or less, understand the computer world, so the story just got into me. Although, yeah .. changing the deadline like that, with that many issues, was crazy *lol*. I think that it's very difficult to solve everything in just 10 days . But, hey .. there were many geniuses there, so .. anything could happen.

I like Xiao Nai's understanding and never-ending trust to Wei Wei the most, especially when it was being compared to that guy with glasses (Cao Guang). And I like how he got 'threatened' by another handsome guy, then dressed up himself in order to impress Wei wei *lol* . And, I like how their relationship slowly progresses .. including how he introduced her to his parents .

Yes, I think MXT is very cute. Then again, I grew to like ZX and found that she was interesting too. Her mannerism was on par with YY's coolness.

And, I love the game parts. The graphics were good and the actions were cool, so game-like. Really .. when can I watch Yang Yang again in a wuxia/xianxia ?? He looked so good and cool in fighting scenes.

Anyway, I could rant more later. I've watched until epi 28 *LOL* in only 2 days. Yeah, I fast-forwarded a lot .. but it's not because it was boring. I did it because I was too curious to know what would happen next and couldn't wait to finish this . Then, I think I will re-watch the fast-forwarded parts.

I also felt that Xiao Nai was too perfect and ZS was too skinny. Then again, I didn't find the story to be boring. There are a lot of interesting interaction, and .. dunno, maybe because I, more or less, understand the computer world, so the story just got into me. Although, yeah .. changing the deadline like that, with that many issues, was crazy *lol*. I think that it's very difficult to solve everything in just 10 days . But, hey .. there were many geniuses there, so .. anything could happen.

I like Xiao Nai's understanding and never-ending trust to Wei Wei the most, especially when it was being compared to that guy with glasses (Cao Guang). And I like how he got 'threatened' by another handsome guy, then dressed up himself in order to impress Wei wei *lol* . And, I like how their relationship slowly progresses .. including how he introduced her to his parents .

Yes, I think MXT is very cute. Then again, I grew to like ZX and found that she was interesting too. Her mannerism was on par with YY's coolness.

And, I love the game parts. The graphics were good and the actions were cool, so game-like. Really .. when can I watch Yang Yang again in a wuxia/xianxia ?? He looked so good and cool in fighting scenes.

Anyway, I could rant more later. I've watched until epi 28 *LOL* in only 2 days. Yeah, I fast-forwarded a lot .. but it's not because it was boring. I did it because I was too curious to know what would happen next and couldn't wait to finish this . Then, I think I will re-watch the fast-forwarded parts.
    Yes, I agree Xiao Nai was too perfect. Interestingly enough that's also his flaw. Because he's so perfect there's barely room for his development. But he makes it up with his unwavering trust and loyalty towards the people close to him. That's why he's awesome.

How many lead character do you know who is flawless? And how many couple in drama do you know don't get into argument? Xiao Nai and Wei Wei are perfect together. They believe in each other, and never fall into the trap of misunderstanding.

As unrealistic as this might seem, it's this aspect that makes the drama shine.

Oh, but Xiao Nai can only cook noodles. lol
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 09-11-16 at 04:29 PM.

Yes, I agree Xiao Nai was too perfect. Interestingly enough that's also his flaw. Because he's so perfect there's barely room for his development. But he makes it up with his unwavering trust and loyalty towards the people close to him. That's why he's awesome.

How many lead character do you know who is flawless? And how many couple in drama do you know don't get into argument? Xiao Nai and Wei Wei are perfect together. They believe in each other, and never fall into the trap of misunderstanding.

As unrealistic as this might seem, it's this aspect that makes the drama shine.

Oh, but Xiao Nai can only cook noodles. lol
    I agree.
    I thought that they were going the usual route : an angst would happen and they would break up, then they got together again. But noo, there wasnt anything like that. They really trusted and helped each other toward the end. I'm glad that the story decided to do that, since there should be no cliche scenario.

And, what's satisfying is when the villains here got lost several times *lol*. It felt good to see the good guys got back at them . Everyone was evil because of a reason, and some of them were humans too, who grew up.

Anyway, Love O2O is a light happy enjoyable series. It is unique and different than other series, but the series still has it's logic while dont require you to think too much.
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 09-11-16 at 11:34 PM.

I agree.
    I thought that they were going the usual route : an angst would happen and they would break up, then they got together again. But noo, there wasnt anything like that. They really trusted and helped each other toward the end. I'm glad that the story decided to do that, since there should be no cliche scenario.

And, what's satisfying is when the villains here got lost several times *lol*. It felt good to see the good guys got back at them . Everyone was evil because of a reason, and some of them were humans too, who grew up.

Anyway, Love O2O is a light happy enjoyable series. It is unique and different than other series, but the series still has it's logic while dont require you to think too much.
    Glad you finished it and happy to know you enjoyed it as much as I did.

On that note, please clean your inbox. I can't message you because it says your inbox is full.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 09-12-16 at 03:35 AM.

Glad you finished it and happy to know you enjoyed it as much as I did.

On that note, please clean your inbox. I can't message you because it says your inbox is full.
    Woops .. sorry. Please try again to send message, thanks

Yeah, Love O2O is more enjoyable than I thought. And, this makes me like YY more. I used to like him in Lost Tomb (only watched his action scenes and several LYF's part) and Whirlwind Girl 1 (again, an exception ). Yeah, love him in action scenes .. probably because he is a dancer, so his movement is pleasant to watch. I really really hope that he will be in a wuxia/xanxia series someday. I didn't count the Four, coz that was like a waste of talents of the young actors involved in it.

啊啊啊肖奈苏炸了!虽然前几集没认识之前和打游戏的剧情有点中二……然而肖奈还是很苏啊啊啊我 的少女心!

Just finished this and really enjoyed the drama. It's simple no melodrama cliche misunderstanding etc in k dramas or other dramas.

I also watched movie and even tho movie had higher budget things were thrown in too quickly for the characters to fall for each other. Angel baby some reason didn't fit the role, she pretty but her big eyes and lips looked weird to me. While ZS had cuter appearance even tho she became so skinny she played that innocent naive girl. Same for yy as xn. He played the role better then movie counterpart, who look pretty cool but not cool as yy. The actor who played Cao huang also played same role in movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Just finished this and really enjoyed the drama. It's simple no melodrama cliche misunderstanding etc in k dramas or other dramas.

I also watched movie and even tho movie had higher budget things were thrown in too quickly for the characters to fall for each other. Angel baby some reason didn't fit the role, she pretty but her big eyes and lips looked weird to me. While ZS had cuter appearance even tho she became so skinny she played that innocent naive girl. Same for yy as xn. He played the role better then movie counterpart, who look pretty cool but not cool as yy. The actor who played Cao huang also played same role in movie.
    I also watched the movie (skimmed it), and I felt that the scenes were too rushed. I like how the series presented all events better and longer, so that we could enjoy them. In the case of the ZS, I like both equally, but my vote for Xiao Nian, undeniably, goes to Yang Yang. His Xiao Nai was just too cool and charismatic (whether he was in online or offline mode).

I agree with you both, movies for me are usually not as good when it comes to adaptation. For obvious reason, movies are short, there's not enough time to cover things like a series would.

I also like Xiao Nai and Wei Wei from the series more. YY was the perfect Xiao Nai.

This isn't the first time I feel this way either. I always find myself liking the actors in the series better than their movies version. I can't think of examples right now, but this is usually the case for me.

Regardless, Xiao Nai and Wei Wei is still my favorite couple of 2016. Love them.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 09-24-16 at 06:45 AM.