Page 150 of 153 FirstFirst ... 50100140141142143144145146147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3056

Thread: Ady An (安以軒)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Actually ISWAK did achieve very good ratings; it's highest rating was at 5+ which is considered a very good achievement since most TW idol dramas usually garner ratings between the 1-3 range. However, AC & FTLY's ratings were extraordinary, record-breaking types (where extremely few others have gone) ; AC's highest was 8+ while FTLY was 10+ (if i recall correctly), which are miles higher than ISWAK.
    Actually I wonder for series like Night Market and PS Man which had 4 to 6 ratings, their leads don't seem to have the idol status of some other artistes who haven't starred in such popular series. E.g. I did a quick check on Eddie Peng's TV series track record and was surprised none of the series he headlined (e.g. Wayward Kenting, Honey & Clover) garnered AC-style high ratings. In fact, those series were below 1, and yet he seems to be quite popular.

Well, of course Ady and Van Ness are way more popular than him, heheh! Maybe I'm just biased. Eddie's seems popular to me bcos I adore him

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    According to baike, Ady & William's "Emperor's Harem" [后宫] will be premiering on July 21, 2011! If this is true, then I can't wait!!

http://baike.baidu.com/view/50565.htm
    I just realise FSF & Ady have been paired up FOUR times!!! - Legend of the Hero, Yun Niang, Four Women Conflict, and now Hou Gong/Emperor's Harem.

I've only seen two of their onscreen pairings (Yun Niang & Four Women Conflict) but they were extremely lovey dovey and full of passionate kisses, heheh! I wonder how come there is little fandom on FSF & Ady. I don't think they even have a couple name! Never heard of FengXuan...

Come to think of it, FSF & Ady as an onscreen couple should by right be loads more successful/popular than FengMi. I remember Yun Niang was a monster hit in China. Four Women Conflict seems to be considered YZ's representative work (dunno why). And looks like Hou Gong is among the most anticipated dramas of this year, alongside New HZGG, BBJX & QSHF. FengMi only starred in 1 crappy albeit highly popular series, and their other collaborations never got aired (or have difficulty getting aired, like Legend of the Military Seal). Oh well, at least Ming Yun is definitely getting aired but they are paired up very little there.

Hou Gong trailer:
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-14-11 at 01:14 PM.

I thought there was definitely a pretty large group of FSF/Ady supporters? I'm pretty sure that it used to be the most popular FSF celeb coupling at least (before FengMi). Of course not as popular as a number of other celeb pairings, but I figured that was just because the series they collaborated in were not as huge (I didn't realize Yun Nian and SQQ were that big in China?). But of course not the most popular Ady celeb pairing for sure. Although it's true that, based on how often they collaborated and how close they are in real life (they seem to have a very cute friendship from the few BTS vids I saw), you'd expect more supporters. How does their onscreen chemistry compare to their other costars? (I haven't watched a FSF/Ady drama yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I just realise FSF & Ady have been paired up FOUR times!!! - Legend of the Hero, Yun Niang, Four Women Conflict, and now Hou Gong/Emperor's Harem.

I've only seen two of their onscreen pairings (Yun Niang & Four Women Conflict) but they were extremely lovey dovey and full of passionate kisses, heheh! I wonder how come there is little fandom on FSF & Ady. I don't think they even have a couple name! Never heard of FengXuan...

Come to think of it, FSF & Ady as an onscreen couple should by right be loads more successful/popular than FengMi. I remember Yun Niang was a monster hit in China. Four Women Conflict seems to be considered YZ's representative work (dunno why). And looks like Hou Gong is among the most anticipated dramas of this year, alongside New HZGG, BBJX & QSHF. FengMi only starred in 1 crappy albeit highly popular series, and their other collaborations never got aired (or have difficulty getting aired, like Legend of the Military Seal). Oh well, at least Ming Yun is definitely getting aired but they are paired up very little there.

Hou Gong trailer:
    I thought so too and surprised that Gong propelled FSF into stardom but FWC didn't. FWC was much better written and well acted than Gong and the chemistry between FSF and Ady are just as good as Fengmi but somehow they never caught on. If Yun Niang and FWC were such hits, how come FSF never got recognized until now?

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I thought there was definitely a pretty large group of FSF/Ady supporters? I'm pretty sure that it used to be the most popular FSF celeb coupling at least (before FengMi). Of course not as popular as a number of other celeb pairings, but I figured that was just because the series they collaborated in were not as huge (I didn't realize Yun Nian and SQQ were that big in China?). But of course not the most popular Ady celeb pairing for sure. Although it's true that, based on how often they collaborated and how close they are in real life (they seem to have a very cute friendship from the few BTS vids I saw), you'd expect more supporters. How does their onscreen chemistry compare to their other costars? (I haven't watched a FSF/Ady drama yet.)
    I have to say FSF got famous when he was not at his cutest. LOL FYI, the chemistry btw Ady and him, imo, is just as good as him and YM. Try to watch Four Women Conflict, FSF looked actually handsome in there and he and Ady have a couple of passionate kisses. It's really a great love story, it's too bad that he wasn't appreciated until now.

I know I said that I am done with Chinese drama after watch FWC and got depressed but I thought why not watch something else to get my mind off of FWC. So I am currently watching HSDS 2009 and Ady was wonderful in her role but I help thinking what if FSF was casted as the main male character instead?
    Last edited by christinatran; 07-14-11 at 10:48 PM.

Yun Niang was a surprising hit in mainland china. I watched it for Ady and was pleasantly surprised by FSF, but the script and melodrama didn't do much for me. I only started shipping them in FWC. Despite it being a YZ work, I really did think the script was quite enjoyable (until the last few episodes, of course) and the pairing was excellent!

There are actually a lot of Ady/FSF shippers, but they're just not here on spcnet. You'll find some more over at asianfanatics lols. From BTS clips, you can see that they're really close, but then again, Ady has always had excellent chemistry with her male co-stars. She's very vivacious and silly on set, and often teases the actors. Esp. with FSF and Van-Ness. I especially love this Hou Gong bts clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oype79MCv3A

FSF aside, I think one of other her most popular pairing was with Dylan Kuo (esp. in Taiwan) and understandably so since it was "The Outsiders" which propelled both of them to initial fame. But it's been a long long time since they've acted together. Also understand that although she's never officially played lovers with HXM before, there are quite a few of her fans who ship them together, mainly because they're very close buddies in real life.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Working together a lot doesn't necessarily mean it'll garner a lot of fan-ships, though. The popularity of the particular series is more important. While Four Women Conflict/Yun Niang did attain some fame, I don't think garnered as much popularity as her previous series such as The Outsides, Xian Jian or her later series such as HSDS or Autumn Concerto, etc. Hence, the number of Ady-FSF shippers tend to be diluted by the Ady-xyz shippers.

Though perhaps from FSF's viewpoint, Yun Niang/Suo Qing Qiu might has been his first major series at that point (Disclaimer: I am not familiar with FSF's rise to stardom so forgive me if I am wrong). Of course, we all know what happened after 2010...

Whereas it seems that Ady got paired with Dylan multiple times to ride their popularity in The Outsiders, her pairings with FSF seems to be much more coincidental than intentional. As for YM & FSF, Hu Fu Chuan Qi was probably coincidental, but all their new projects definitely reek of pairng for the sake of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    FSF aside, I think one of other her most popular pairing was with Dylan Kuo (esp. in Taiwan) and understandably so since it was "The Outsiders" which propelled both of them to initial fame. But it's been a long long time since they've acted together.
    OMG, it HAS been so long that I forgot that I used to ship them back in my younger years...

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    LOL. I looked up FengXuan on baidu and it came up....as Ady+Raymond Lam!!!
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-16-11 at 12:14 AM.

I would totally watch a series that star hxm and day...I would ship that couple any day.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Whereas it seems that Ady got paired with Dylan multiple times to ride their popularity in The Outsiders, her pairings with FSF seems to be much more coincidental than intentional. As for YM & FSF, Hu Fu Chuan Qi was probably coincidental, but all their new projects definitely reek of pairng for the sake of popularity.

LOL. I looked up FengXuan on baidu and it came up....as Ady+Raymond Lam!!!
    Ady/Dylan didn't really collaborate in a lot though, did they?? I only remember them pairing up again in some doctor drama after Outsiders (which I never watched). That was my favourite Ady pairing though.

As for the multiple Ady/FSF pairings, I wouldn't call it "coincidental"...it was mainly because of their offscreen friendship. e.g. I think FSF recommended Ady to Yu Zheng, bringing about their SQQ collab. And then Ady recommended FSF for "Hou Gong". Similarly YM recommended FSF for HFCQ (and supposedly FSF first recommended YM to Yu Zheng also for SQQ, even though they weren't close friends then, but that didn't work out so YZ used her in MRXJ which then led to giving her the main role in Gong). Their last 2 collabs (Ming Yun and Hua Pi 2) are definitely due to their popularity, but it's helped along by the fact that they really want to keep working together (e.g. FSF recently highly recommended YM to his "Hong Meng Yan" director and has said he gives YM's agent's contact info to producers etc). So it's certainly more than coincidence and popularity at work when actors collaborate with each other so much! In fact I'd actually call it more "intentional" than "coincidental".

Funny about the Ady/Raymond thing though! Have they even collaborated once? At least Ady/HXM did work together on DHTZ3 (even though they weren't paired together) so I can see how that has a following. And I never looked it up but I thought Ady/FSF's "couple name" was FengXuan?? What else could it be?
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-16-11 at 01:50 PM.

Funny about the Ady/Raymond thing though! Have they even collaborated once? At least Ady/HXM did work together on DHTZ3 (even though they weren't paired together) so I can see how that has a following.
    Ady & Raymond worked together for "Love Multiplication" (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Love_Multiplication) though they didn't exactly play lovers since Ady played the 2nd female lead who was in love with Raymond's character but he didn't reciprocate her feelings

I think Ady & HXM have quite a few shippers mainly because they're extremely close in real life (lotsa cute, funny picture poses together in real life, hanging out at parties, doing duets for concerts etc.).
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Ady/Dylan didn't really collaborate in a lot though, did they?? I only remember them pairing up again in some doctor drama after Outsiders (which I never watched). That was my favourite Ady pairing though.

As for the multiple Ady/FSF pairings, I wouldn't call it "coincidental"...it was mainly because of their offscreen friendship. e.g. I think FSF recommended Ady to Yu Zheng, bringing about their SQQ collab. And then Ady recommended FSF for "Hou Gong".
    Well, there was technically also Outsiders II. But they were also paired as models for eruner and other promotions so seemed like they were all over the place.

I can see the FSF recommending Ady to Yu Zheng part, but did Ady really recommend FSF to Hou Gong? I just remember she said in an interview somewhere that she was sick of working with FSF (joking of course).
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-16-11 at 08:57 PM.

oh right, I forgot about Outsiders II...and the cute ads! ^_^ I guess I didn't actually pay that much attention to asian media news back then so I didn't see that much of their promotions etc.

And yes, I remember watching an interview with Ady where she said she recommended FSF for Hou Gong because they were such good friends and already familiar with working together. She also joked that she contributed a lot to the production because Gong and FSF started getting really popular while Hou Gong was filming. :P I haven't seen the interview where she joked about being sick of working with him but I can definitely see it! XD You can tell they are really good friends when actors can comfortably tease each other like that (e.g. YM also complained playfully that no one will accept their other onscreen pairings if they keep working together, lol...yet they're still happily collaborating ).

Okay, I just finished watching HSDS 2009 with Ady and Deng Chao. I know, I know, I'm a few years behind schedule. I must say, Ady was wonderful as ZM. There was enough wickedness and authority that made her character completely irresistible and I can understand why Wuji would fall in love with her even though he fought it hard. I remember watching the 78 and 86 version and both times I was rooting more for Zihour than Zhou Min, partly because Zihour was so well written and acted by such professional actresses Angie Chiu and Sharen Tang but this 2009 version was completely dislikable and I find myself completely unable to sympathize with the character. Also, Wuji was one of the few Louise Cha's characters I dislike simply because in both 78 and 86 version, Wuji was so indecisive and wishy washy with the girls. I couldn't stand men like that but this Wuji was not wishy washy at all and knew exactly who he loved from the get go. Nor was he being led by either girls so this Wuji for me was the best one out of the two series I watched. Chemistry wise, although the chemistry between Ady and Deng was good it wasn't great. Perhaps, I was spoiled by the chemistry between her and FSF that I kinda hope the chemistry would just as great here. Nonetheless, the series was good and Ady and Deng was cute together that I find myself keep rewinding to their parts together. As for FWC, I couldn't rewatch any parts of the series again simply because I felt drained after watching the series. There are some series that no matter how much I loved I can only watch it once and FWC was one of them.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/63abb98ejw1djmicfg60ej.jpg')

Wow, what a hottie!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Looks like the airing date for Emperor's Harem was wrong after all. Bummer

Anyway, Ady collaborated with Van Ness in his newest MV:

And some BTS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoll7hQPac

This is such an amusing gif! Look at Ady's expression at the end...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/vr6kyh.gif')

I want another HG and Ady collaboration

awww, her MV with vanness was so cute! i love the two of them together