Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mainland professor calls hong konger and singapore dogs/trash/etc

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_...ine_of_descent

There very much is one to listen to. Confucius has the longest recorded family tree in the world. It looks like at least twice though that a main line decendant had to adopt a nephew from one of his brothers to keep the line going.
    A certain estranged former "friend" of mine would be very [sarcasm]happy[/sarcasm] to know that there are still descendants of Confucius around.

What about Hong Konger call Mainlander Ah Chan, Dai Chuen Zhai, Northern Aunt, Uncle etc ?

Ah Chan name come from Chow Yun Fatt TVB serial Man In The Net(Ken Cheng could have watch this drama) ,Dai Chuen Zhai mean mainland robber ,Northern Aunt mean Chinese prostitute etc .
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/inter...landers/494012

The original video made me laugh. It was like a typical Northern guy having a casual conversation. Did he forget he is on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    What about Hong Konger call Mainlander Ah Chan, Dai Chuen Zhai, Northern Aunt, Uncle etc ?
    Many ppl say these things, in private. When one is a recognizable figure and says it on a talk show that millions watch, that gets noticed.
    Last edited by PJ; 01-27-12 at 12:01 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post

Ah Chan name come from Chow Yun Fatt TVB serial Man In The Net(Ken Cheng could have watch this drama)
    It was a fantastic series...one of TVB's best.

That said, it was unkind to mainlanders...and non-Hong Kongers in general. There seemed to be an underlying message of "raised in Hong Kong = good; raised anywhere else = not so good."

I like the most recent comment from that video, where the guy said He don't think the english subtitle is accurate lol.

I'm not mandarin literate so yeah I'll be completely dumbfounded too if there were no english subtitle.

RE: Confucius descent. The implication of this connection is that the professor has some sort of 'extra' authority because he is descended from a smart/wise chap? Cognitive and/or stirling personality traits are concretely inheritable? Given, in a extremely hypothetical case, that Mr Prof was blessed with traits of the elite literati of imperial China, one would think his arguments would be a tad more subtle and intelligent. Which was obviously not the case.

The main drive of his argument is based on personal - explicitly biased - views. To reduce to name-calling just totally discredits his own contention. The latter tactic only reflects how ignorant and extremely unknowledgeable he is. If he truly believed his own point, he would make an effort to build a convincing argument. At least it shows you care for your own view. My conclusion is that he really doesn't care nor believes in his own view. The only thing that delights him seems his own voice.

But yeah, being a person of authority doesn't necessarily demonstrate good judgement nor maturity. Linus Pauling (double Nobel laureate) explicitly slandered Dan Shechtman (winner of 2011 Nobel prize for Chemistry) for his work with quasicrystals. Once again, name-calling was used as an argumentative vice.

The really sad thing: attaining substantial academic achievement doesn't seem to improve argumentative skills nor maturity for some individiuals.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 04-02-12 at 09:03 AM.

Can someone re english sub this, I'm still with one of the youtuber comment about not believing the english subtitle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Can someone re english sub this, I'm still with one of the youtuber comment about not believing the english subtitle lol.
    the subtitle is correct bruh
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!