Thread: Sheun Sau Ching (SMCS's wife): a matter of betrayal

Default Sheun Sau Ching (SMCS's wife): a matter of betrayal

Sai Mun Chui Sheut's wife, Sheun Sau Ching, was originally one of the prominent members of the younger generation of the Ngor Mei Sect. She was one of the four "Saus" (i.e. beauties) of the Three Yings, Four Saus of the Ngor Mei Sect. Her teacher, Ngor Mei Sect Leader Dook Goo 1 Hok, was killed by Sai Mun Chui Sheut. Indeed, when Sheun Sau Ching was stricken by Seung Gwoon Fei Yin's poisoned needles, Sheun had just failed in attempting to kill SMCS to avenge her teacher.

Sai Mun Chui Sheut saved Sheun Sau Ching's life, and even before that, she had become attracted to him. Subsequently, they fell in love and married...and a year later, Sheun was pregnant with Sai Mun's child. Therein lies a problem: isn't Sheun Sau Ching a traitor to the Ngor Mei Sect?

Sai Mun Chui Sheut's killing of Dook Goo 1 Hok was the result of a misunderstanding, but I doubt that the survivors of the Ngor Mei Sect took that into account. Indeed, a year after Dook Goo's death, Ngor Mei Sect disciples Cheung Ying Fung and Yim Yan Ying were still bent on killing Sai Mun and avenging their teacher. When he spoke of Sheun Sau Ching, however, Yim Yan Ying never referred to her as a traitor. Instead, he characterized her as a "kidnapping victim" of Sai Mun Chui Sheut's, and seemed to have plans to "liberate" her rather than "capture" her and punish her for treason. The rest of wulin also didn't seem to hold her relationship to SMCS against her either.

This was very strange, as I would have expected all Ngor Mei Sect acolytes and wulin members to condemn Sheun Sau Ching as a traitor for marrying the man who killed her teacher and subsequently, bearing that man's child.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    This was very strange, as I would have expected all Ngor Mei Sect acolytes and wulin members to condemn Sheun Sau Ching as a traitor for marrying the man who killd her teacher and subsequently, bearing that man's child.
    They're probably all feminists and blame the man for everything.

Remember Miejue and Ji Xiaofu in HSDS? Miejue killed her, yes, but she never blamed Ji for anything. It was all Yang Xiao's fault.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    They're probably all feminists and blame the man for everything.

Remember Miejue and Ji Xiaofu in HSDS? Miejue killed her, yes, but she never blamed Ji for anything. It was all Yang Xiao's fault.
    LUK SIU FUNG's Ngor Mei Sect was different; it was dominated by straight men. Probably not too many feminists there other than the Four Beauties, and probably three of them were dead by the end of the first LUK SIU FUNG storyline.

Straight men can be feminists too. We call them manginas.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."