Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Ghost Story 2

Default Chinese Ghost Story 2

One of my favoritest movies ever, but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if the poem they recite in part 2 is an actual poem, and if so who is it written by and the name of it? Thanks. I'm mainly chinese illiterate =/

Quote Originally Posted by tape
    One of my favoritest movies ever, but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if the poem they recite in part 2 is an actual poem, and if so who is it written by and the name of it? Thanks. I'm mainly chinese illiterate =/
    woah...the CHINESE GHOST STORIES movies are the best!!!i've seen all three parts....and Part 2...i don't know what poem it is b/c i'm not Chinese...i'm sorry...just commenting....is the director Tsui Hark right?
    GAO HU ROCKS
    ALSO FAN OF THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES AND NARUTO!
    P.S. I got my icon at this site
    http://www.digik.net/avatars/series/13/38
    and it's by Izzy!

Smile love this mvie!

i love this movie too! It is my favorite movie of all times.

this one's okay. i love love the first part though. simply beautiful! they were so young and i love sally's singing of the themesong.
    ---------
    Shellie

I love all three movies too =) Part one being my favorite of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I love all three movies too =) Part one being my favorite of the 3.
    Part 3 is cute.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Part three was good too. I like Jacky and Tony, they were very funny.

Part three was good too. I like Jacky and Tony, they were very funny.
    Part 1 was classic. Part two was interesting but I thought the scholar rebounded to quickly to elope with Siu Sin's doppelganger. Part three was lot and lots of fun with the hilarious combo of sleazy, money-minded yet righteous Jacky and curious monk Tony. I think each of the trilogy has its own charm and hit the mark in its own ways. There have been other side stories like "Picture of a Nymph" which was similar genre but i thought was so-so.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

when I was a kid, I used to be scared of the skeletons and ghost coming out at nighttime in the movie =)
    Part 3 was really funny. I use to find the main villain very scary.

when I was a kid, I used to be scared of the skeletons and ghost coming out at nighttime in the movie =)
    Part 3 was really funny. I use to find the main villain very scary.
    I never stood under an attic door for years in case any skeletons fell down from above.

Which villain? Lo Lo? I think Lau Siu Ming did a fab job as him/her. Apparently he asked for the make up to slightly vary on each half of the face so that when he turned from the side to face the came, it gave him a scary bisexual look. I thought it was super strange that he acted as Joey's and Michelle's dad in Part 2.

Seriously the dinosaur that lived the large mansion that came out at the end of Part 3 was stupid. Part II's centipede demon was the most scary with it using human shells.
    Cyril Connolly

I can't recall if it was a tree demon but it also killed joey's sister (I think she jet li wife).
    But for years I had to sleep with the light on fearing skeletons would be climbing up since I slept on a bunk bed.

I can't recall if it was a tree demon but it also killed joey's sister (I think she jet li wife).
    But for years I had to sleep with the light on fearing skeletons would be climbing up since I slept on a bunk bed.
    Nina Li was thrown to block Tony's monk master's attacks and then her remaining energy was sucked dry by the tree demon. It was really gruesome and sad to watch. Nina was really pretty in this movie.
    Cyril Connolly

ah yes that's the one, yeh very sad scene after being so loyal to the tree demon.
    I think she was jealous of Joey's character too, I think at one part she try to seduce either Jacky or Tony's character. Cannot remember.

A little off topic but do you remember what the ghost movie is call with francis NG in it. I watch it long ago and don't remember clearly. I think he works at a convenient store or something and he hears like this really old Chinese music playing when he's in the bathroom. Gosh I used to hate going to the bathroom alone >_<

ah yes that's the one, yeh very sad scene after being so loyal to the tree demon.
    I think she was jealous of Joey's character too, I think at one part she try to seduce either Jacky or Tony's character. Cannot remember.
    She was always jealous of Joey. The Tree Demon even openly admitted that Nina was not experienced enough to seduce men but Joey was the expert. She and Joey used to fight over men as they seduced them (remember the opening scene in the pool?) And it was hilarious how Tony predicted all of Nina's moves because Joey used it on him before.

A little off topic but do you remember what the ghost movie is call with francis NG in it. I watch it long ago and don't remember clearly. I think he works at a convenient store or something and he hears like this really old Chinese music playing when he's in the bathroom. Gosh I used to hate going to the bathroom alone >_<
    Not really. Who else was in it?

I remember Anita Lee Yuen Wah and Sean Lau used to be in a ghost movie where Anita was raped and killed with telephone lines. Everytime she appeared to kill, the phone would ring first. The stupid phone rang right after the movie ended and I ran screaming up the stairs.
    Cyril Connolly

wait the phone at your house rang at the same time the movie ended or in the movie at the end the phone rang?
    Oh what is it call sounds very interesting and scary.

I cannot remember I just remember Francis was in the movie and apparently he was the only one who can hear the music playing. Its an old building. I think him and a group of friends buy it to start business there( convenient store). When they were looking at the building, you get this feeling the building is haunted and its really old. I can't recall if Gigi lai is in the movie or if I'm confusing her with another movie.

wait the phone at your house rang at the same time the movie ended or in the movie at the end the phone rang?
    Oh what is it call sounds very interesting and scary.

I cannot remember I just remember Francis was in the movie and apparently he was the only one who can hear the music playing. Its an old building. I think him and a group of friends buy it to start business there( convenient store). When they were looking at the building, you get this feeling the building is haunted and its really old. I can't recall if Gigi lai is in the movie or if I'm confusing her with another movie.
    Is it "24 Hour Ghost Story (猛鬼通宵陪住你)"?

The phone right after i switched off the TV. It was one of my relatives calling from HK.
    Cyril Connolly

ah yes I believe that is the one. Do you watch a lot of horror movies?

ah yes I believe that is the one. Do you watch a lot of horror movies?
    I watch old horror movies but not the new ones. Blood and gore put me off. I was totally lost watching Nick Cheung's "hungry ghost festival".

never heard of it. I like magic cop, I enjoy old ghost/ horror movies. =)

never heard of it. I like magic cop, I enjoy old ghost/ horror movies. =)
    I think the old fashioned fun ghost movies, like " Mr. Vampire", "Happy Ghost", basically nearly all the vampire vs yellowed-robed taoist movies. I loved Wuma and Lam Ching Ying. May they both rest in peace. I also liked the police vs ghost/vampire ones. I know that they are corny and have really laughable special effects or stupid plotsbut they were really fun.

I just don't enjoy the visually scary or beautiful CGI enhanced horror movies now, relying on blood and gore to entertain. I did not like Juno Mak's "Rigor Mortis" which was a tribute to the "Mr Vampire" series, but I felt did not give the same feel as the old movies.
    Cyril Connolly