Thread: Persian Ming Cult and ZM

Default Persian Ming Cult and ZM

We know that the Chinese Ming Cult is anti-Mongol. How's about Persian Ming Cult? If the Persian Cult know ZM's real identity, what will logically happen?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    We know that the Chinese Ming Cult is anti-Mongol. How's about Persian Ming Cult? If the Persian Cult know ZM's real identity, what will logically happen?
    If they have the balls, use her as a bargaining chip for a list of demands to the Mongol Empire. The Empire might see Chiu Mun as expendable, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    If they have the balls, use her as a bargaining chip for a list of demands to the Mongol Empire. The Empire might see Chiu Mun as expendable, however.
    Bring her back to Persia? XZ will have to decide?

Bring her back to Persia? XZ will have to decide?
    Persia is a loooooooooong way from the Yuan Dynasty's jurisdiction. If Chiu Mun gets dragged out there, they'll probably never see her again. A different faction of Mongols controlled Persia at the time.

Then what can the persian cult get out of zm? Gold?

Well at that time Persia (and Middle East) was "separate" with Yuan Mongol since after Mongke death The Mongolian Empire was divided into 4 "division" (which Yuan Mongol one of them) and not related each other and Persia was ruled under Ilkhanate Mongol so even if they dare to "harm" ZM they would create Yuan - Ilkhanate Mongol war..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well at that time Persia (and Middle East) was "separate" with Yuan Mongol since after Mongke death The Mongolian Empire was divided into 4 "division" (which Yuan Mongol one of them) and not related each other and Persia was ruled under Ilkhanate Mongol so even if they dare to "harm" ZM they would create Yuan - Ilkhanate Mongol war..
    I was going to say that the Ilkhanate were the closest diplomatically to Yuan, but looking things up, the Ilkhanate had ended by the time Yuan came to an end and the former khanate had fragmented into a number of domains.

So, vis-a-vis Chinese Ming Cult, can I assume Persian Ming Cult is friendly with IIkhanate?

So, vis-a-vis Chinese Ming Cult, can I assume Persian Ming Cult is friendly with IIkhanate?
    They certainly weren't at the time of Zhao Min and Zhang Wuji, as the Ilkhanate had ceased to exist by then. Whether they were or not in the past; the answer may be in the story Xie Xun told on the boat, about the vizier, the assassin and someone else. I can't remember the details.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    They certainly weren't at the time of Zhao Min and Zhang Wuji, as the Ilkhanate had ceased to exist by then. Whether they were or not in the past; the answer may be in the story Xie Xun told on the boat, about the vizier, the assassin and someone else. I can't remember the details.
    From Yang Dingtian's will:

今韃子佔我中土,本教誓與周旋到底,決不可遵波斯總教無理命令,而奉蒙古元人為主。

Today the barbarians have barged into our lands, our cult has vowed to fight them to the end, we must not obey the unreasonable orders of the Persian main cult, to submit to the Mongolians as our masters.

The Persian cult was in favour of Yuan rule, so presumably they used to be on good terms with the Iikhanate?

Wait I'am forget during Wuji time Manicheanism which being "base" of Ming Cult almost no exist anymore as a "faith" due to islamic rule from 7 AD so it's hard to believe Persian Ming be able as "nation faith" by Mongol government..

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post
    From Yang Dingtian's will:

今韃子佔我中土,本教誓與周旋到底,決不可遵波斯總教無理命令,而奉蒙古元人為主。

Today the barbarians have barged into our lands, our cult has vowed to fight them to the end, we must not obey the unreasonable orders of the Persian main cult, to submit to the Mongolians as our masters.

The Persian cult was in favour of Yuan rule, so presumably they used to be on good terms with the Iikhanate?
    That's a good shout. IIRC Xie Xun's story was about 3 friends, one of whom was the vizier, one of whom was the old man of the mountains, and someone else. Who was the third? I don't have HSDS on hand so I can't check.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    That's a good shout. IIRC Xie Xun's story was about 3 friends, one of whom was the vizier, one of whom was the old man of the mountains, and someone else. Who was the third? I don't have HSDS on hand so I can't check.
    The scholar Umar Khayam😶😶😶😶

Back to the question: So, if ZM's identity is revealed, will it change the HSDS story-line?

Back to the question: So, if ZM's identity is revealed, will it change the HSDS story-line?
    Only if Jin Yong wanted. It could very easily have been something like:

somebody: This Chiu Mun is a Mongolian princess!

Persian: Meh