Page 14 of 250 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    We *could* go back because, after all, civilization made it as far as 1995 or so without it, but it'd be a huge adjustment for the youngest generation that has never lived without it.

I wonder if all those traditional businesses and industries that have been wiped out by the Internet would all suddenly come roaring back to life if the Internet died, however.
    Forget the younger generations as we made it through then they can too. But I think there would be even bigger struggles for the internet-dependence companies and institutions like University of Phoenix, Google, Yahoo, Itunes, Youtube, Facebook, Myspace, Playlist, online bankings, artists' websites and so so many more. Sure it can create jobs for some people, but I think it's much more damaging than it is helping in regards to the people.
    Less Than Perfect

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/j/2010-12-19/U2223P28T3D3181590F326DT20101219220056.jpg')

This is a photo taken of Joey within the past three years. Is she still a beautiful woman? Of course she is. Does she resemble her younger self, who inspired Jolie Minh's design? Not at all.

Perhaps it's unfair to say that Joey's looks have declined. She's still a beautiful woman, but the nature of her beauty has changed over the years and is now far from my image of Jolie Minh.
    The 3rd picture reminds me of one of my teacher in middle school. Clearly, her "railway tracks" are revealing.

Now, now, the last picture.... she really doesn't look like herself. I wouldn't think it's Joey Meng if you hadn't told me.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    The 3rd picture reminds me of one of my teacher in middle school. Clearly, her "railway tracks" are revealing.

Now, now, the last picture.... she really doesn't look like herself. I wouldn't think it's Joey Meng if you hadn't told me.
    That's what I mean: Joey's looks have *radically* changed over the years. She's practically unrecognizable from her early 90s self. Yes, people get older and as they do, their looks change, and certainly, Joey hasn't aged into an unattractive woman, but still...the difference between Joey Meng 1991 and Joey Meng 2011 is astonishing.

That's what I mean: Joey's looks have *radically* changed over the years. She's practically unrecognizable from her early 90s self. Yes, people get older and as they do, their looks change, and certainly, Joey hasn't aged into an unattractive woman, but still...the difference between Joey Meng 1991 and Joey Meng 2011 is astonishing.
    It also depends on the amount of makeup she's wearing and who did her makeup. Last picture, I still think she's Joey Meng.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I think Joey Meng is quite attractive in all of the pictures, too. My parents though don't dig her monolid eyes.

Just came back from an early screening of "The Green Hornet". It was quite funny and entertaining - largely because of the cool gadgets. Jay Chou was great but his English was kind of hard to understand [not terrible but quite an accent] - so Seth Rogan repeated him often lol. Great chemistry between the two, lotsa gay jokes though [must be a stab at really close knit bond of superhero teams], and Cameron Diaz was not annoying but quite haggard looking.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    It also depends on the amount of makeup she's wearing and who did her makeup. Last picture, I still think she's Joey Meng.
    She's no longer instantly recognizable as she once was, however. Yes, after a while, you can tell it's her, but she no longer has that distinctive look she had during the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I really think the polygamy = helping women logic is purely taking advantage of someone's weakness but hiding behind a veil of goodness.
    Polygamy: having at least one wife too many.
    Monogamy: same.

And they're both helping women by disadvantaging men.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Same as Joey Meng. During the 1990s when Joey was in her twenties, she was really babyfaced and cute. Even as she was approaching thirty, she could pass for a teenager...or at least a woman in her early twenties. From about 2001 onward, though, she started to shed ALOT of that baby fat and the consequences, literally, weren't very pretty. All of a sudden, her age, which she had successfully held off for more than a decade, began catching up with her all at once.

Girls, some advice: we guys don't find sticks sexy, OK?
    I feel like Joey has always been quite skinny to begin with. Judging from the pics you've posted, it seems like most of the weight that had been lost came from her face. Loss of facial fat is common with age, and while most women typically begin losing it in their late teens/early 20s (Liu Yi Fei/Cecilia Cheung), some women (Joey Meng/Charmaine Sheh) begin losing it at a much later age, but also at a more rapid pace.

I think people often mistaken loss of facial fat for fad diets or even plastic surgery, but it's not necessarily the case, even for celebrities.

I know it's bad to be happy about people's bad situation. But, I'm very happy about this. Serve you right, Utusan, for being a racist paper and promoting racial hatred.

http://blog.limkitsiang.com/2010/12/...lost-the-plot/
    It is most laughable when Utusan had to plead to its readers not to boycott the paper due to “political sentiments” (“Pembaca akhbar tidak boleh terikut-ikut tindakan memboikot Utusan Malaysia kerana sentimen politik…”) and blame Pakatan Rakyat for its affected business. Circulation for Utusan has plummeted drastically in recent years from 256,247 in 2004 to 213,445 in 2006 and 169,548 in 2009 or a 33.8% drop in 5 years. Profit before tax for the newspaper group has also plunged from RM21 million to RM7 million over the past 4 years.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    I feel like Joey has always been quite skinny to begin with. Judging from the pics you've posted, it seems like most of the weight that had been lost came from her face. Loss of facial fat is common with age, and while most women typically begin losing it in their late teens/early 20s (Liu Yi Fei/Cecilia Cheung), some women (Joey Meng/Charmaine Sheh) begin losing it at a much later age, but also at a more rapid pace.
    It's not just in the face for Joey, though, but also in her figure. Back during the 1990s, she had some serious curves; since about 1999, however, those curves have given way to boniness.

Bahhhh! X'mas is days to count down and I haven't bought the gifts for exchange

Ken, how about this picture.... that's the same lady on an average day. That picture in my previous attachment was taken for professional profile/business cards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 12-22-10 at 07:55 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Bahhhh! X'mas is days to count down and I haven't bought the gifts for exchange

Ken, how about this picture.... that's the same lady on an average day. That picture in my previous attachment was taken for professional profile/business cards.
    Resembles Joey even less. Ms. "Kelly" is an average-looking Asian woman.

Why is it that some people who have just gotten married all the sudden figure themselves to be smarter than the rest of their single friends? Do enlighten me. How has marriage, for all the SINGLE MONTH that you've been married, made you smarter, wiser, and allowed to advise us in how we single people should live our lives?
    Last edited by ByTmE; 12-22-10 at 08:13 PM.
    I like me.

wow. what's a difference between a real person and "professiona"l person. it is what we called digital editing/make-up?

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Why is it that some people who have just gotten married all the sudden figure themselves to be smarter than the rest of their single friends? Do enlighten me. How has marriage, for all the SINGLE MONTH that you've been married, made you smarter, wiser, and allowed to advise us in how we single people should live our lives?
    I think that they think so because they feel more accomplished because they've gone another step where as 'we' single people are just stuck in the first step to adulthood. My sister has just gotten married this year, and they treat her somewhat differently because of her marital status even though she is still the same person she was prior to her marriage. Life is interesting.

I love baking from scratch especially when the product comes out right and tasty. : )
    Less Than Perfect

My friend made a wry remark today about his own marriage that I found amusing: "My wife and I are just married; we aren't friends or anything."

It was an Al Bundy-type joke. I thought it was funny.

My friend made a wry remark today about his own marriage that I found amusing: "My wife and I are just married; we aren't friends or anything."

It was an Al Bundy-type joke. I thought it was funny.
    Haha, that was one of my favorite shows growing up.
    Less Than Perfect

Gugu's Utt visited the SPCA yesterday. I have met him before this, and he is really friendly and chatty!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quite good looking too.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    There's a gold mine of jokes on married people and you still failed miserably to put them in their place? *shakes head*
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."